The Cascading Home for Special Children

Izoi watched as several kids managed to break down the doors and escape, looking to Brock. "I'm sorry." She let go of him, setting him on the ground. "I want to help everyone." She turned, running down the hall and ushering kids along as she did. She continued running, starting to find the hiding experiments and get them into the hall to run. She rushed yet took her time, wanting to know each person was safe.

The small Paru winced. He was interrupted from his self pitying by the sound of hurried footsteps darting down the hallway. His door slice gained shadows. And it scared him.
In an instant response to previous treatment when the shadows blocked the light from the doorspace, he pushed himself away and hid quickly underneath the small bundle of clothes he had shredded his first night in the tiny room. It was a smelly little nest, but when he burrowed in it gave the impression he was safe. And there he stayed, clapping a hand over his tiny mouth and peeping between the folds at the door. His petit heart slung itself rapidly against his chest, making his ribcage rattle with fear.

When the boy who had saved her life the first time appeared and pulled her from the small closet, she was equal parts grateful and annoyed. "Yeah, I tried that. It's a bit hard when there's about three other people in your head telling you otherwise." She muttered under her breath, though she knew he wasn't listening. When she arrived to where the other freed kids had decided was the 'head quarters' of sorts, she looked around at them all. They were all different ages and races...even different species. She was amazed that all these kids were gifted (or cursed) similarly to how she was. She spotted the winged girl and the abnormally strong guy helping kids out to find their way here, and she felt oddly relieved they were okay. Feeling at least safer knowing she wasn't the only one on the run, she felt herself relax. She had been sitting helping a younger girl tie a bandage around a small leg wound when she felt it again. This time she remained calm, the spirits had done nothing but help her so far and she needed all the help she could get. This time they showed her a staff room just down the west corridor. She didn't understand, was going to ignore it when an urgency seeped into her mind. Sighing, she got up and made her way to the hall quickly amongst the scurrying children. She threw the door open with little grace, knowing it was empty thanks to her visions. She let the spirit guide her until she entered a room filled with lockers. Looking around, she grabbed a near by fire extinguisher and broke open one of them. Inside she found a change of clothes and other personal belongings. She grabbed the black t-shirt without thinking twice, happy to rid herself of the torn and bloodied hospital gown she was wearing. It was a bit fitted for her liking, but she wasn't picky. Next she slipped on the sweats, tying them as tightly as she could and ignoring the baggy fit. She was about to go back searching when she heard white noise again. Grabbing the fire extinguisher, she followed it to another locker near the corner of the room. She smashed that one too, and along with the clothes and belongings she found a company issued radio. She adjusted the channels until suddenly a woman's voice came across. "What is going on down there?!" She asked, and Jessa listened as a much less clearer voice explained the situation. "Well, get them under control and kill the trouble makers." More unclear babble. "I don't care how important they are to the project, there's always others. Get them under control and then come up here and properly greet the new arrivals." She finished, and the line went silent to the white noise again. Panicked, Jessa ran from the staff room and back to where the winged girl and strong guy were still gathering the escaped kids. "Listen, they're sending more guards down to take care of anyone who isn't going to cooperate. We're going to need to fight as a team if we're going to get out of here. Tell the other kids who aren't too weak from the testing and gather them up. I'm going to go find that silver haired guy and relay the message. Okay?" She didn't wait for an answer, instead taking off down the hall and into the stairs once again. She let the spirits guide her this time, and finally she found him again on the last floor. "Listen, before you say anything I'm not ignoring your requests on purpose, it just seems to keep happening like that. Anyway," She tried to catch her breath a bit more, not even sure anymore if he was even interested in helping everyone get out or if he was just trying to escape himself. "I found this radio in a staff locker," She held it up for good measure. "They're sending more guards, lots more, down to kill any 'project' who isn't willing to cooperate. The plus side is all the others have been freed. But the down side is that these sick bastards are still taking more kids as their parents are dropping them off. So everything we're doing has affected nothing on the main floor. What do you say we raise a little hell up there? Maybe that'll convince parents that this place isn't safe." She finished in a rush of breath, wiping some blood from under her eye where the crystal had exploded.

He smiled. "I'm sorry but you guys have to do that without me. I am almost done with what i need. I need you to make sure there is no other people hiding then tell the group to charge up there. Meanwhile down here. Ill be raising my own little hell." He looked around there were still more guards. "There is no time. Go. Now!" He pushed her of a distance just as a night stick slammed down. He grabbed it. He was getting pretty aggravated. He swung his hand once and a arm fell off and his top fell off of his bottom. he tossed it to the ground. He hated when he over did it but he need this over quickly.

"Be careful!" he yelled to Izoi. He started taking deep breaths and was looking for a way to help. He was helpless with out his elemental powers. They were long gone. He had to rely on his human flexibility and the monster. He clenched his fists and focused....he felt nothing. "Come on!!! COME OUT!!!" he yelled to himself. He fell to the ground and started scratching at his forehead. "COME ON!! I NEED YOU RIGHT NOW!!!" he yelled once more.

He was walking out of a flaming room. He had a little while before it started. He saw the part. He picked it up by the scruff. "The hell?" He carried it back to the top still studying it. He put it in the crowds. He knelt down. "Stay here. It is safer up here then down there. " He had picked it up from the nest. The guards there were cut down. He dug into the thing and had found him. It was strange. But he didn't think about it as he carefully picked up the thing and brought it upstairs.

Felicia turned into back into a human before she had even realized she was a fox. She leaned against the wall, listening to whatever was happening around the corner. More footsteps, her eyes widened when she realized they were come towards her. She fled to the closest door and (thankful it was unlocked) went inside.
The room was dark, with a screens set up around it.
The security room? Where I am?
"There are too many loose already, there's no way we can regather them in time. Several of them have already left the building," a female voice echoed through one of the speakers.
"I'm sorry, Ma'am. W-we did all we could," a man in the same room replied. He sat nervously in a chair, surrounded by the screens.
"I don't want you're apologies, you blubbering idiot. Close the emergency doors. The rest of them we'll just have to let go,"
"Y-yes, Ma'am."
There was a click of the speaker turning off.

Izoi faintly heard the girl, recognizing only the more guards part and nodding. She continued running through the halls and getting people out of rooms. She sighed once she got through the last room, turning and spreading her wings. She took in a deep breath and flapped them strongly to get into the air. She then quickly zoomed through the air towards the exit. She was halfway there when a pair of thick metal doors suddenly closed behind her. She went wide eyed and let out a scream, feeling a bit of her right wing caught in the doors. She fell from the air, luckily having flown low enough to collapse on the ground. She softly panted from the pain, looking up as she saw another pair of the doors close a bit farther down the hall.

Felicia's eyes widened at what she had heard. She quickly made her way out of the room, quietly closing the door. She snuck down the long hall before seeing a flash of white out of the corner of her eye. It was the white wings of the girl she had seen in from her cage earlier. Suddenly there was a loud clang from behind. Two large metal doors had slid shut at the end of the hall.
A few seconds later two other metal doors appeared out of nowhere. She dashed through them, careful not to get her tail caught. Her gaze returned to the girl running down the hall.
Oh no...
She took off running after her, door closing right behind her. Her fox-like speed gave her the advantage but she still wasn't fast enough...
"Wait!" she yelled, before seeing the last door close on the girl's wing.
She slid to a stop, slowly sitting in front of the metal doors that held the girl.
​Trapped.

The doors closed around him. he didn't have time to deal with these things. He ripped apart the doors. He was tearing them apart as he heard screams. After ripping open a few doors he saw something that was like a tuft of feathers. From wings. His eyes widened And he stood in front of the door and swung his hand in an arch. It split into pieces. He picked her up. He looked at the next door silently. He held out his hands and destroyed it with another swing. The gleam of the sword coming out of the hand. He was tearing up the doors for a while then he finally talked. "Are you ok?"

He had seen the fox as well. He nodded for it to follow him. he knew it was the girl from earlier. She seemed fine. He hoped she did. He Doesn't like it when people are hurt. But he does it all the time. He hurts others. It's the only thing he was made for. Destruction. He was hoping she had tagged along because he was to focused on cutting the doors down and occasionally checking on the winged girl out the corner of his eye.

She gasped when the doors were preyed open behind her and (out of fear) managed to hide in the shadows of a doorway. She watched a boy walk to the next set of doors and sliced them open as well.
He must have not noticed me. She thought to herself, not seeing his nod and definitely not attempting to make herself known. Yet, she couldn't hide her smile when she saw him pick her up and ask if she was ok. She wasn't accustomed to such kindness, and was overjoyed when she saw it in others.

((he he he... sorry. :3)

The doors were actually sliced apart. He kept moving. He needed to get up there. And he was worried for her. If she couldn't fly then that was her one distinction from the rest of the world token from her. He loved being different. yet he hated it at the same. He was wandering when the fox creature was going to follow. He opened a clear path out of there why was it still back there?

She slowly slipped out of her hiding place, turning into a full fox again. She trotted a distance behind them, not sure if he would be friendly to her or not.
What am I doing? I should probably just run up next to them and thank him for freeing me. All parts of her brain agreed to this, but her body wouldn't draw any closer, out of plain fright.

Izoi looked up as the door was sliced, seeing the boy who had saved her earlier. She nodded a bit when he asked if she was okay, standing slowly and folding in her undamaged wing. She sniffled quietly and followed him as he slice through more doors, tears at the corners of her eyes.

He sighed. "If your trying to stop those tears might swell let them out. We have plenty of time before we get there. I mean it must heart The wings of a dove are delicate as they are strong. When it hurts it and cannot fly. It lands and walks. Unable to cry it just walks." He knew her wing must hurt and he felt like he needed to help her. But with what? He had nothing. Nothing to use. He was in baggy clothes with nothing in them.

She sniffled more, her head hanging as tears began dropping to the ground. She folded her damaged wing in just a bit, flinching from the sudden stinging pain that ran through her body.

He heard the splash of the tears. He never knew how to cry, And he never actually seen someone in person cry. He didn't look now. He didn't need to. after a while he stopped and sighed. He turned around and ripped of one of the sleeves. Then he did the same to the other. He wrapped them together and wrapped them around the damaged part of the wing. He didn't look her in the eye. He went back to cutting open the doors and walking .

Jessa couldn't wait around, and by what he had said the silver eyed boy knew what he was doing so she ran back up to the main floor. She gathered any remaining children she could along the way, and everything seemed to be going okay once they all made it to the main floor. That was when the doors started slamming. She managed to get all the younger children she'd found into the same room as the door slammed shut. There were kids trying to use their active powers to break the doors, but nothing was budging. Their young age did little to help them control their true strength. She could hear what sounded like destruction on the other side of the door, and she asked all of them to make as much noise as they could so whoever it was would know they were trapped in here.

Hunter heard noises up ahead and he stopped and listened. He held out his hand and with a sound of a rusty wheel turning the door in front of him slid into tiny pieces. He looked at jessa and the kids. This made his urgency bolster. He ran through the crowd and was quickly destroying doors faster running without stop. He needed to clear a path for the children. And fast.

Jessa felt her lips curl slightly upward as they were freed by the silver eyed boy. He was destroying these doors like they were made of nothing but plastic. She ushered the kids to follow him as quickly as they could, sticking behind to make sure everyone followed. She noticed the wing girl, and more importantly her injured wing. Jessa felt terrible for her, but the fact that she was pushing through the pain and helping showed just how strong she was.
Another vision clouded her sight again and she could see they were running right towards an ambush of guards. "Be careful, they're waiting for us up ahead!" She yelled out the the sword boy in warning.