The Carnival

Oliver's eyes lit up like the fourth of July. Nobody had ever done anything so thoughtful for him... Oliver ran up to the magician and hugged her with all his might. He muttered an almost inaudible thank you into the fabric of her outfit. Oliver would take care of the hat forever, and a day.

And with that, Oliver ran back to his seat in the audience while hugging his hat to his chest, but being careful to not smush it. He would become a great magician just like Mary. He swore it.

Mary gladly accepted Oliver's hug, as she had always liked to see pure joy in people's eyes. "You're welcome," she whispered back just before he ran off. "As I have limited time," Mary said to the audience. "This will be my last trick... For now! Muhahahaha!" Her evil laugh received a positive reaction from the crowd. "And now, does anyone here dislike big cats? I hope not!" Mary stepped to her right with lightning speed to reveal a giant bengal tiger. The audience gasped, some leaning back into their seats in fear. "Oh, you do not like Mr. Sam? He's the sweetest tiger in the world! Aren't you buddy?" Mary pet the tiger with great affection, perhaps the guy who owns it won't be so mad later that way. "If you don't like him," Mary said, placing a thin sheet over the tiger, being careful not to irritate him. "Then looks like Sam will just have to leave!" When the sheet was pulled, the large animal was gone, and the crowd relaxed in comfort as well as awe. Mary bowed, and said happily. "That's all!" Cheers and applause followed this, and Mary left the stage to invite the Ringmaster back on.