The Camping Trip

When Sam got herself comfortable Drew nodded when she spoke. Yeah he did know that they were going to have to talk about what had happened earlier on today but he hoped that it didn't end bad. " My arms stills stings but it's alot better, thanks". Drew shifted his body to the side to get more comfortable and then looked over at Sam when she said that she wanted to give the relationship a shot. " You do?, I'd like to try things out with us too". Drew's eyes were heavy and he was going to pass very soon, especially with the soft pillow under his head. " So then were dating". He spoke softly as his eyes closed and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Drew was up early and he had no idea why. The birds weren't even up chirping yet and he was outside getting the fire started and making a small sandwhich. It wa snothing fancy like he wanted since they were in the woods and it wouldn't be funif he just drove down and got food. Streaching Drew yawned and then saved the thest of the sandwich ofr Sam when she woke up. Drew made his way into the tent to grab his book when he looked over at Sam. " Morning".

"Apparently we are." Samantha murmured, finding the idea just a little bit daunting. But it didn't keep her from sound sleep. Sam was out for the count soon after Drew, her sleep clear and deep, though it was disturbed all too soon. By the time she woke, the day was in full swing, but it was still early for her. Had Drew not returned to the tent, she probably would have slept on throughout the day. It was perhaps not her best trait, but Samantha was damn good at sleeping, even if it probably got in the way of life in general.

Rolling over onto her back, Sam sat up, running a hand through her hair in an effort to flatten it, though she really just made the tangle of strands even worse. Oh well, it wasn't as if Drew hadn't seen her like this before. She couldn't be well kept all the time. "Morning? You know I don't do mornings. Call me when it's lunch." Of course, despite these words, Sam did wriggle out of the tent, collecting the days clothes and changing into them, hiding in the tent to do so. And when that was done, and she at least looked vaguely presentable, she went out to see Drew properly. "So, what's on the agenda today? Going to fall off a cliff? Or just get savaged by a bear?"

Drew hat put on some shorts and a tank top. The air was nice and he wanted to enjoy it, When Sam finially came out of the tent he smiled at her and when she asked what they were going to to today he walked over to her and smiled. " Hmm today we head a little farther up. Theres deer and other creatures up there". He knew what the woods were full with, especially bears and in this weather he knew it be best to stay were they were..camping wise. An encounter with a bear was death but a deer, nothing as compared to with the bigger creatures. The bears were placed somewhere else deep in the woods since there were alot of beat sighting and deaths over the past few months.

Looking around Drew found his stick and then rose it high as if he was doing something important. They had a couple more days in the woods and Drew needed to come up the the craziest ideas he knew he'd save for last. Puling Samantha over twords Drew he gave her a smirk and then pointed twords his lips. " Wait, I dont ge ta morning Kiss?". His lips turned into a playfull pout as he waited for her to respond.

The idea of another good long walk, this one even more exciting than the last, by the sound of it. By now, Sam was beginning to forget that life outside this wilderness was full of the hustle and bustle of work and technology, and she was more than happy to continue immersing herself in this simple way of living, even if it was only for a short time. Escaping like this could only be a good thing, and so she embraced it wholeheartedly, though she did have to quickly remind Drew, "If you want to do the caveman thing again today, you can forget me helping you skin a deer." That was where she drew the line, mostly because she was well aware the smell would stay with them for days, and of course they were damn cute little things.

When she found herself looking at a pouting Drew, Samantha couldn't help but smile. "You're cute when you pout." She observed, finding his expression just a little amusing. "But, if I'm going to be expected to kiss you, I think I'll have to take back everything I said last night." Sam smirked, though it wasn't long before she caved, kissing him sweetly on the lips. Despite her outgoing personality, she was not one of those who felt the need to play tonsil hockey all the time, though previous boyfriends had always gone straight for that. For them, dating Sam had been about one thing, and one thing only.

Drew was glad when Samantha gave in and gave him a kiss. He knew that Sam wasn't a touchy feely person in a relationship. He had taken a notice when she'd usually date a guy but they didn't really kiss. Well it wasn't like the guy didn't want to.. Drew respected that and figured when she wanted to show her affection then she would. He was more of the type to show affection when he was in a relationship so restranning himself from kissing her was going to hell on earth.

" I know i am". Drew responded to Samantha's statement and then went into the tent and retrived the last few strips of beef jerky that were in the zip lock bag. Walking over to the car, Drew refilled them and then went on to eating his sandwhich. They had food for the few days left that they were spending in the woods so food wasn't and issue. Since today was a new day he knew that he'd have to grab his stick and bring his inner caveman back out because it certanlly wasn't out when he fell out of the tree.

" Hey we can go farther into the woods until sun set and then race to see who can head back into the camp before nightfall". Yeah it was going to be dangerous and he would possially fall but in the end he knew that it would be all worth it. Drew grabbed a small bag from the trunk where he threw in his flashlight from last night and his beef jerky and a small pocket knife. Anything would happen and Drew would rather be prepared then regret it later on.

"Just promise me you won't get injured again." Samantha responded, actually being quite serious for once. Although she was perhaps being a little over protective, she was well aware that the tree incident could well have ended in more serious injuries, such as broken bones. Of course, that didn't bear thinking about, so she quickly pushed that thought away, instead choosing to turn to something more lighthearted. "You can still let your inner caveman out, just make sure it's not the one that got eaten by the tiger." It was worth remembering that not all cavemen survived, and so Sam left Drew with instructions to be the survivor. Sound advice, indeed.

Sam also grabbed herself a small little backpack, stuffing a sweater and some random snacks in there, as well as her trusty first aid kit. It took her a while to find the few items she needed, seeing as her packing had been lack lustre at best, but in time she had everything she needed. Once this was done, Sam returned to Drew and slung an arm around his shoulder, something that was affectionate but not overly familiar. Perhaps that would change in time, but for the time being her habitual interactions with Drew would probably remain about the same as they had always been.

"Shall we get going?" Her smile was wide and genuine, as it normally was. She was pretty eager to get going and see as much of the woodland as she could. "Those birdies aren't gonna watch themselves." She grinned, already beginning to set off without much thought. At least she was just about pacing herself, she wasn't foolish enough to go running off into the middle of the day.

Drew knew that Samantha was serious about him not getting hur again and he didn't want to. It wasn't like him to be careless and get injured but he knew how Samantha felt. " Dont worry Ill be perfectly fine". A smiled forme don his face and he nodded approvingly before looking out into the woods. The sin was beginning to shine down through the trees and it made a perfect scenary. Heading over to the car Drew searched through the car until he found his video camera. Drew wasn't going to use and electronics but he didn't want to forget anything.

He waited till Samantha gathered everything that she needed beforeshe placed her arm on his shoulder and asked if he was ready. " Yeah lets go my little cavewoman in tranning". Drew laughed and then used his stick to keep him at a nice speed. There was birds on the trees as well as squrriels. As they kept walking Drew would see some small animals and if lucky a deer which ran away as soon as he got within a few feet from it. The weather was nice and everythign around him seemed to brighten his mood.

A cavewoman in training? Sam wasn't sure that was entirely accurate, particularly as she wasn't the one who had so foolishly managed to get injured. But then again, she had hardly been as wild and unrestrained as Drew, so perhaps he did get to be the senior cave person. Now having thought this through in her head, Sam simply made sure to enjoy the day. Ocassionally she stopped to look at a particularly impressive bird, or the odd group of deer that came into fleeting sight. It was idyllic, to say the least.

After some time, as the day seemed to be getting unreasonably warm, Sam took it upon herself to jump onto Drew's back, "I'm weak and feeble. Carry me." She demanded, doing her best to sound as helpless as she claimed to be. It was blindingly obvious that this was purely feigned, but it was still worth a try. Besides, she liked being close to him, even if in this new context it still felt a little odd, as they were still learning their new thresholds.