The Caloways

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by sincere_and_silent, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Any characters at any age open!
    Far West Side Chicago is an impoverished and crime-ridden area. The area we are talking about is Garfield Park, the neighborhood. You have your East and West sides, though there really isn't a difference among the two. Our trying story takes place in West Garfield Park where the houses are crumbling and crime is on a continuing rise. Drugs, alcohol, and guns are all common on the streets and houses. The schools are some of the worst in the country. Children under ten are often seen carrying a sidearm or shiv. New cars cannot exist in this neighborhood. Internet and cable are commodities which have no need, so they are not bought.

We will follow one family in particular. The Caloways have seven siblings while both parents have taken off. The eldest, not quite an adult, cares for the younger siblings. They attend school just like other kids. However, they all are required to make cash to continue living in the three bedroom, one bath, house. Five kids in one house, with no parental guidance was plenty enough all ready. However, just over a year ago, the Caloway's mother returned late one night, up on something, begging the eldest to help her. She was pregnant and about to give birth. The eldest took her mother to the small shed out back with some blankets and water and helped deliver her newest siblings. Twins. When she returned to the shed after cleaning the twins and warming them in blankets, her mother was gone.

No powers, no aliens, nothing out of the ordinary.
    Drama is allowed.
    Violence is allowed, though keep it PG-13.
    Swearing is allowed.

I need people for friends of the family (no request required).

SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS:
    Ana/Twins - Bedroom 1
    Xander/Nikolai/Julius - Bedroom 2
    Meira - Bedroom 3

BIO:
    Name:
    Brief Personality: (just so the siblings will know you a little, 2-4 sentences)
    Appearance:

Positions:

Siblings:
    • Eldest sister - ME, 18
      • Name: Ana Sophia Caloway
        Brief Personality: Always giving to her siblings. She will do anything in order to keep them all together and safe. She can be harsh when needed, though she tries to avoid conflict.
        Appearance:
        [​IMG]

• Eldest brother - Lucifers Sairen, 16
      • Name: Xander Caloway
        Brief personality: Xander checked himself out mentally after his parents left. He’s been trying to get back to his old self by smiling so they don’t have to worry about him. He is slow to anger and loves to listen to his family argue and banter, makes him feel as if things are ok. He’s the first to help his own family get out of trouble if they truly needed it. He owns two semi automatic pistols at is waist and stole a knife from a dead guy.
        Appearance:
        [​IMG]

• Younger sibling - TakedaXxXKaori, 15
      • Name: Nikolai Caloway
        Brief Personality: Mature for his age. He is usually seen with a poker face and likes to observe the atmosphere. He is a reserved and distant person, but he is protective of his siblings. Monotonous whenever he speaks. He has a gun strapped onto his right calve, which is hidden by his pants. Though he doesn't use it that often, he carries a hunting rifle(which he stole it from someone) on his back, for intimidation. Other than that, he has a tendency of talking to himself sometimes. He is also good at sneaking around. Underneath his mature and 'blank-faced' exterior, he is still an emotional baby who isn't ready to grow up.
        Appearance:
        [​IMG]

• Younger sibling - Raitoningu, 13
      • Name: Meira Caloway
        Brief Personality: Vicious and hot-headed, generally tends to solve issues with violence, when possible. Usually pretends not to care about her siblings. She could potentially be a child prodigy, intelligence-wise, but she is stubborn and lets her emotions cloud her judgement far too often. Wants to start up a collection of weapons, but only has a pistol and a replica version of a knife from an old film. She enjoys dismantling and rebuilding things, usually to make them more explosive. I suppose one could call her a pyromaniac.
        Appearance:
        [​IMG]
    • Younger sibling - Nadrojo, 12
      Name: Julius Eli Caloway
      Brief Personality: He has a sharp tongue that runs faster than his brain, causing him to say whatever he's thinking at the time, usually a snide, sarcastic reply. He always makes sure he gets the last word, which is probably the leading cause for why he gets into trouble. He isn't cocky, but he's confident in himself. Due to this he tends to try to solve all his problems by himself. He's slow to anger, but easy to annoy, and gets frustrated with people easily.
      Appearance:
      [​IMG]

Twins:
    Name: Mason & Emma Caloway
    Brief Personality: The twins haven't quite developed their own personalities much, yet.

However, Emma has taken to her big brothers more than her sisters. She loves to be the center of attention with them.

Mason is just content with anyone who will let him walk or talk or play with a book. He enjoys pushing over Emma and pulling her hair. Despite his love of bullying her, the two are quite close and nearly inseparable.

Appearance:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Others:

Neighbor - SaigyouAyakashi, 32
    BIO: Neighbor, Concerned Citizen
    Name: Marcus Brooks
    Brief Personality: Ex-NAVY SEAL member now help for hire. He watches over the siblings when not busy. He really cares about the siblings but won't show it. The local gangs usually avoid him in fear of him going "Operator" on their faces.
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]

#1 sincere_and_silent, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  2. Name: Meira Caloway
    Brief Personality: Vicious and hot-headed, generally tends to solve issues with violence, when possible. Usually pretends not to care about her siblings. She could potentially be a child prodigy, intelligence-wise, but she is stubborn and lets her emotions cloud her judgement far too often. Wants to start up a collection of weapons, but only has a pistol and a replica version of a knife from an old film. She enjoys dismantling and rebuilding things, usually to make them more explosive. I suppose one could call her a pyromaniac.
    Appearance:

[​IMG]

3. Awesome. Love your profile!

4. Wooh! can't wait for this.

5. Name: Nikolai Caloway
    Brief Personality: Mature for his age. He is usually seen with a poker face and likes to observe the atmosphere. He is a reserved and distant person, but he is protective of his siblings. Monotonous whenever he speaks. He has a gun strapped onto his right calve, which is hidden by his pants. Though he doesn't use it that often, he carries a hunting rifle(which he stole it from someone) on his back, for intimidation. Other than that, he has a tendency of talking to himself sometimes. He is also good at sneaking around. Underneath his mature and 'blank-faced' exterior, he is still an emotional baby who isn't ready to grow up.
    Appearance:[​IMG]

#5 phantasmagoricStoner, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  6. Love it!
    I plan on waiting until this weekend, just to give people a chance to get back in a routine from Easter. If we don't have many others by then, I'll fill in some other charries and we can get started.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Haven't done a Modern Rp in awhile, should have a Cs ready later today :D

Edit: My CS n_n

Name: Xander Caloway

Brief personality: Xander checked himself out mentally after his parents left. He’s been trying to get back to his old self by smiling so they don’t have to worry about him. He is slow to anger and loves to listen to his family argue and banter, makes him feel as if things are ok. He’s the first to help his own family get out of trouble if they truly needed it. He owns two semi automatic pistols at is waist and stole a knife from a dead guy.

[​IMG]

#7 Sairen, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  8. BIO: Neighbor, Concerned Citizen
    Name: Marcus Brooks
    Brief Personality: Ex-NAVY SEAL member now help for hire. He watches over the siblings when not busy. He really cares about the siblings but won't show it. The local gangs usually avoid him in fear of him going "Operator" on their faces.
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'll be starting this in two more days.

Love the bios, guys!

If we could get one more person, I would be very pleased.

10. Oh yeah I forgot to ask - will they have had any opportunity to play video games, or see someone else playing video games? Also, what's the sort of school trend? In my school a hell of a lot of people seem to collect MTG cards, and in primary school there was something similar and it seems that every school has some sort of system where people are valued depending on how good they are at the trend and how much of the trend they have.

11. Since the house has only three bedrooms, who will be sharing with who...?

12. @TakedaXxXKaori - I was waiting to post bedroom arrangements until I knew for sure if the last Caloway kid will be a girl or boy. I'll wait until this evening then post it.

@Raitoningu - Honestly, I hadn't thought about it. My school was an oddball and nobody really traded anything. I'll let you choose!

As for video games, yes. There are stores the kids can go to and watch/play games for a bit. You can also have friends or acquaintances who own a tv and video games. It's also possible to steal a tv and video game system. So there are definitely opportunities.

13. Right. Cos I was wondering where Meira would've got a love of weapons from and I decided the most likely place'd be video games. Also, y''know how each child is meant to do somethign to raise money? Would it be logical for Meira to be working for a black market guy making and adapting little electrical devices like robot spy cams and stuff made from scrap electronics? Also i'm really itching to start this. If nothing's happened by this time tomorrow don't be surprised if I make another account and pretend to be another person just so it starts faster :P

14. Hahaha. Glad someone else is dying for this to start too! I just want to start it when I have a whole day to watch it :P

And yes, that would be fine. Just as long as it's technologically possible! I'll start this tomorrow with, or without, another sibling or person.

15. Awesome! but if you're not opposed to it then I may as well make the character on this account :D

16. If you can keep up with both, go ahead.

17. Name: Julius Eli Caloway
    Brief Personality: He has a sharp tongue that runs faster than his brain, causing him to say whatever he's thinking at the time, usually a snide, sarcastic reply. He always makes sure he gets the last word, which is probably the leading cause for why he gets into trouble. He isn't cocky, but he's confident in himself. Due to this he tends to try to solve all his problems by himself. He's slow to anger, but easy to annoy, and gets frustrated with people easily.
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]

(Hope this is open)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hey guys, sorry. I got called into work. I'll post tomorrow for certain :) Got half of it typed up.

Nadrojo, this is indeed open!

Also, changed sleeping arrangements. Bedroom 2 is large enough to hold twin bunkbeds, a second twin bed, one computer desk (general computer desk size), and a small 2 door (bi-fold) closet.

SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS:
    Ana/Twins - Bedroom 1
    Xander/Nikolai/Julius - Bedroom 2
    Meira - Bedroom 3

#18 sincere_and_silent, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  19. Wooh own room! *claims computer

20. I call dibs on the bottom half of the bunkbed~

#20 phantasmagoricStoner, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.