Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daz

A wall of warmth hits you. Whiffs of caffeine and cocoa arouse your taste-buds as you take off your woollen gloves. You begin to relax a little as you take in the room's neutral tones and soft jazz music, the familiarity of the scene welcome. Perhaps you're here to get some work done, meet a friend, or just relax. Whatever you're here for, you know there's no place you'd rather do it.

Interest Check
Sign-Ups

Out Of Character

~

Time

The current IC date is January 10th.
The next café event will be the Valentines Day event on IC date Febuary 14th.

~

Reminders

You do not have to describe ordering a drink when you arrive in the café in much detail, you can dedicate less than a line to it. Your post doesn't have to accurately depict every part of the process of going to a real café unless you want it to, since this isn't the point of the RP. Character interactions will take precedent over realism.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Thank you very much, Eric." Saen took her breakfast, seemingly thinking about something. I've been getting better with that spell, wonder if I can make it work right now. Oh, screw it.

The lamia waved her hand, and her meal floated up off the counter. A few more gestures, and it sailed over to a nearby table without spilling, although there was a close call or two. She coiled up on a chair, looking at Blake. "Come on and sit with me. Eric can just bring the doughnut over here."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Blake arched an eyebrow as the lamia seemed to want him to sit next to him. He wasn't sure what to make of the situation at the moment and shrugged. " Why not? I got nothing to lose. I don't believe I know you or for that matter, remember you if we have met. I'm Blake, and you would be?" He asked, having some manners.

Suddenly Eric noticed a plate in the air, and panic set in for a second as he thought it was falling. However relief washed over him when he realised it was actually floating through the air, thanks to Saen's magic. "Impressive Saen," Eric commented, "I see you've gotten the hang of that spell."

Getting back to Blake's earlier question Eric said, "I don't know if I can make you an entirely new one, but I can give you one of the pre-made ones? They're freshly made today, from the local bakery. I can bring it over to Saen's table if you like?" Seemingly something was still bothering Blake, something that was on his phone, although Eric didn't want to press about it. He got the feeling that Blake didn't like being asked personal questions, and he was going over to eat with Saen now anyway. So Eric resigned to simply giving the best service he could.

Tail On Fire...

@Daz , @Crono ...

Again, so much activity!

What with the new arrival and his "entrance" difficulties, general business, floating plates, and, most especially, eating, Kimba could perhaps be forgiven for his delayed response to Eric's question. And a slight bit of disappointment, when Blake moved off with Saen, took away another bit of his attention, as well. He'd been intending to ask for a plate, to fulfill his "sharing" promise. This moving away complicated the process. Still...

... Kimba swallowed his most recent mouthful, rinsed down with a spot of orange juice and a gulp of coffee, then... "Feet is exactly how I managed to get away." A shiver ran from toes to the back of his neck, causing fur to spike... "Nothing like having your tail on fire for motivation!"

After that brief response, Kimba dug into his meal again, with a single raised eyebrow for the new antlered patron and his trail of "carnage"...

... "Looks like you could use a hot bath to go with a hot breakfast... doesn't look like coffee would be enough to get you warm again." Kimba had found the weather outside rather bracing... "Two plates, please?" When the plates arrived, he scraped some of his massive breakfast onto one, cast a glance towards Eric, and waved his tail towards where Blake happened to be sitting, as he slid that plate aside. Then he scraped more onto the other plate, and offered it to Keeper... "This should help, till our friendly, neighborhood diner cook can fix you more."

"I'm Saen. It's a pleasure to meet you, Blake." The lamia sipped lightly at her drink. "So, tell me about yourself. Haven't seen you come in here before. You new around here?"

Ca'Shunn nodded to the owner and attempted siting but figured it would be too troublesome with his unmanageable antlers. He made a quick scan of some the other costumers: A man named Blake who was very angry at his glowing slab, a snake lady named Saen who could make things float (like Her!) and- A bird man who was offering him food. Keeper's smiled with gratitude, taking the plate and placing it in front of him.

Judging by the end of a conversation the guardian had heard from the bird man just when he was entering and what he had said before speaking to him, he was one of those researchers. Keeper didn't mind them, so long as they didn't disturb the forest as they, well... watched stuff. He never understood the point of it. What he did understand was that researchers tended to be smarter then most, so he tried something.

Ca'Shunn tapped a sentence in Morse, if the bird man didn't know it he hopfully would just think it as random tapping on the counter and if he did he would understand that Keeper had said 'I'm used to the cold. Thank you though. You research dragons?' It was a slow method, but if it worked it was the most efficient way he could hold a conversation. Meanwhile his other claw was bringing small portions of tasty omlet to his mouth in the most polite way it could.

Getting back to Blake's earlier question Eric said, "I don't know if I can make you an entirely new one, but I can give you one of the pre-made ones? They're freshly made today, from the local bakery. I can bring it over to Saen's table if you like?" Seemingly something was still bothering Blake, something that was on his phone, although Eric didn't want to press about it. He got the feeling that Blake didn't like being asked personal questions, and he was going over to eat with Saen now anyway. So Eric resigned to simply giving the best service he could.
"I'm Saen. It's a pleasure to meet you, Blake." The lamia sipped lightly at her drink. "So, tell me about yourself. Haven't seen you come in here before. You new around here?"
Blake looked over at Eric when he mentioned that he couldn't get him a pre-made him and he wasn't sure if he wanted to make one on his own. He debated this in his mind and he looked over at Eric. " That should suffice, I guess," he said, answering him as he decided to put his phone on vibrate. It wasn't like he was going to be going anywhere today. He could spend a good chunk of today in the café for the time being. Maybe work would change their mind and they would call him or they would fix the mishap that one of his many co-workers had caused in the short time of being there.

" It is nice to meet you Saen. I guess you could say I am new around this neighborhood. My company moved to this city and well, I kind of moved with them," he replied, the last bit filled with some bitterness in his speech.

@Daz @daird

Feet, huh? Personally Eric didn't think he'd survive against a dragon with solely his feet, making Kimba's adventure all the more impressive. Eric wowed at Kimba's tale before getting back to work, putting on a coffee for the strange antler man. Kimba was probably right about the antler man needing more than a coffee to warm him up- perhaps something a little spicy, if it was to his tastes? "Antler-sir, would you like a spicy food to go alongside your coffee? It might help warm you a little- I don't want any customers catching a cold," Eric inquired, hoping that 'Antler-sir' wasn't a rude way of referring to the man. It wasn't easy to distinguish the man in any other way, due to him not speaking thus far.

One vanilla-iced donut for Blake next. Using tongs, Eric lifted one of the larger donuts onto a plate, then carried it over to Blake. "I'm sure you'll enjoy it, the bakery's donuts are delicious!" Eric commented as he placed down the plate. It wasn't just lip service to placate Blake- the local bakery truly did make some of the best donuts, at least in Eric's opinion.

One vanilla-iced donut for Blake next. Using tongs, Eric lifted one of the larger donuts onto a plate, then carried it over to Blake. "I'm sure you'll enjoy it, the bakery's donuts are delicious!" Eric commented as he placed down the plate. It wasn't just lip service to placate Blake- the local bakery truly did make some of the best donuts, at least in Eric's opinion.
Blake hoped that the donut wouldn't take too long and he hoped that the tongs that were being used was sanitary. The last thing he wanted was to get food poisoning today. He wondered if Eric was paid to say that the donuts were the best in the world. He looked at Eric. " I will be the judge of that," he muttered, under his breath. He wasn't sure what else there was going to be say. He tilted his head too. The donut was indeed good.

"Always stinks having to move for work. Good thing about magic is, you can set up shop just about anywhere and make a living for yourself. Training's miserable, though."

Saen finished her orange juice and started in on her eggs with gusto. "A good meal, as always. Thank you, Eric."

It's A Bird, It's A Plane...!

Though Kimba had feathers, he also had fur. And though Kimba had scaled limbs, he had neither beak nor wings. He also had certain parts on the outside birds always kept inside. So, not a bird. Not even a man, to be honest, despite his maleness. Just a friendly, alien... critter. Enjoying his breakfast in the company of others. To him, these others, equally alien. Each with their own looks, behavior, personality, beliefs...

... "No, I don't research dragons." Toothy grin... "I'm a metalcrafter... travel the universe looking for metal bits. For my art." Clawed hands busy with his breakfast, his tail whipped up, the tip expertly finding the pendant and chain around his neck, so it could move it into the light. Set off its "matchstick" glow... "I make jewelry... other things, as well."

By now, Kimba had made quite a dent in his breakfast, though not quite so swift at present... edge off his hunger. More at ease...

... "Hnnnn... spicy. I'd proceed with caution!"

Kimba fluffed up, ears back a bit, a lick to his tail before he put it away and looked sideways towards "Antler-sir"... "I'm Kimba, of the Bloodline Taavittik..." He reached out with his nearest hand, palm out, claws at ease... "Heart, breath and warmth." Normally, this traditional Nism greeting was given hand to chest, but Kimba found this new being a bit difficult to "access" in his present position, antlers in the way. So he made do.......

Ca'Shunn was beginning to forget his terrible entrance, the hospitality he had immediately received was incredible! It was as if he was something to be cared for to these people, and they didn't even know him! It took him a second to realize he was 'Antler-sir' and he had to think about if he wanted something spicy. He had once eaten a red, thin fruit and it felt like his insides were on fire, he was told soon after that that was spicy. But he was rather cold so he made the sign for 'a little' with his claw to the owner.

So the bird (on closer inspection, 'birdish') man was not a researcher, but a metal worker. Keeper's eyes glittered at the sight of the glowing pendant, having not seen much like it before. The one he now knew to be named Kimba offered him his hand and it was gently shaken as the other claw tapped, 'I am Ca'Shunn or Keeper. Your work is very good, I am sorry I mistook you. I assume you were after the metals in the dragons' hordes then?' He hoped he was right, lest he make himself appear to be a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.