4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Sc-fi, Horror, Steampunk, anything really

The Bureau of Peculiar Affairs

interest check

There are things that regular humans would never understand. If they had the chance to see these peculiar entities up close, they would succumb to fear, shock, and a whole host of other feelings. They must be kept a secret from normies, and this is where the Bureau of Peculiar Affairs comes in. As a player in this roleplay, you have the choice of creating an investigator for the BPA who carries out investigations on Peculiars, or you could be a higher up in the Bureau, or perhaps even a peculiar themselves. It is up to you which angle you approach this game. There are no official roleplay perks for this game, just some good old investigation storytelling. If you are interested in the idea, let me know!

I'm definitely interested based on this blurb.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
This looks really cool!

• Bucket of Rainbows
That's great! I'm glad to have some interest already!

There are three main types of characters in the roleplay.
  1. Investigator
  2. Council Member
  3. Peculiar

Investigator

This type of character has been enlisted into the BPA as someone who seeks out Peculiar Cases and handles them accordingly. They can have prior knowledge of the BPA and join because of that, or be plucked out of their modern life to join the government. They get up close and personal with all manner of peculiars, sentient or not.

Council Member

This type of character has been in the upper management of the BPA for a long time and has important knowledge that they impart on the Investigators about their cases. They don't usually come into contact with peculiars unless they are sentient and have been brought into the BPA for reasons.

Peculiar

This type of character is the subject of our stories. The reason why the BPA does what it does. This can be any kind of supernatural and fantastical creature you can think of. Sentient types of monsters are available as options but most mobs that don't have free will are controlled by the GM.

The main setting is the grand USA in the year 2022. If there is interest for it, the BPA could also have an international branch too.

Reactions: Slaynoir
Do I need more roleplays to pile on? Probably not. Does this look interesting? Absolutely and I will be watching this because I very well may join

• Bucket of Rainbows
This sounds like something out of DC's DOOM patrol I love that

• Bucket of Rainbows
Hmmmmm, what time period would this take place in?

Do you have an inkling of how many characters each player will be able to have? I know I'd like to play at least one peculiar and an investigator if you're doing more than one.

Do you have an inkling of how many characters each player will be able to have? I know I'd like to play at least one peculiar and an investigator if you're doing more than one.
I think four characters per player is good to start! If you can handle more and have shown me that is so, then I'm sure you could make more than four. I just want to see each character engaged in the roleplay somehow. ^.^

• Love
Reactions: MiharuAya and wren.
Oh boy, want to do me some Investigating or some strangeness.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Investigate we shall! :D I am working on the OOC now and it should be ready by next weekend if not sooner!

• Love
Reactions: wren.
I think four characters per player is good to start! If you can handle more and have shown me that is so, then I'm sure you could make more than four. I just want to see each character engaged in the roleplay somehow. ^.^

Four sounds like plenty to me. I'll take a peculiar and an investigator slot, then! I'll likely wind up mainly making peculiars, tbh, since I've been in the mood for creative character design lately.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Sounds like a plan! Peculiars are the best option for creative expression!

Now, when you say peculiar, does it explicitly have to be supernatural or is it like "Yo this dude can bend metal with his mind" Like a mutant in a sense?

Now, when you say peculiar, does it explicitly have to be supernatural or is it like "Yo this dude can bend metal with his mind" Like a mutant in a sense?
Well as long as it fits the description of peculiar which is "strange, odd, unusual, and particularly special." Now one thing to consider when creating a Peculiar, is that your character has to be involved in some sort of event or "affair" that has caused the BPA to keep an eye on them. So they can't just be a regular joe that can bend metal with their mind. They would have to be actively using this power in ways that may not be acceptable in public, or perhaps they have knowledge of something that the BPA wants more information on, and they could be someone who works closely with the organization. You can have mutant-like powers but they can't just blend into society.

Oooooooooo, got plenty of ideas for characters then. Will definitely PM them later to get a good idea if they'd be a good fit once the signups get up and running.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Here is the discord for y'all to discuss in! I'm almost done with the OOC!
Discord

• Love
Reactions: wren.
I'm interested in playing as an Investigator and a hybrid Peculiar/Council Member, if you'll have me.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I'm interested in playing as an Investigator and a hybrid Peculiar/Council Member, if you'll have me.
You are more than welcome to join! I'll send you a PM about the hybrid character and we can hash out the details.

The OOC is up and ready for all your character sheets.