S

Sakura

Original poster
ns12.gif

[DASH="LIGHTBLUE"]
The Brilliance of Life​
[/DASH]
Article is from here :P Credit where its due :)​

The more credit you give away, the more will come back to you. The more you help others, the more they will want to help you." ~ Brian Tracy

Are you entertained by your life? Does it seem to be a puzzle you can solve? Have you seen the full picture? Do you remember solving jigsaw picture puzzles as a youngster? It was very important in the solving to have a picture of the whole puzzle, so that you could refer to it as you turned up the various pieces.

Life truly is like one of those giant jigsaw puzzles. And we've been given a wonderful gift in the solving of life's lessons. You might not trust or believe this, but "others" is the gift I'm talking aobut.

In our striving to become successful, we have all worked diligently to unfold self-sufficiency. We want to become all that we can become, and we think we have to do it ourselves. We sometimes neglect to focus on the fact that "others" are in our life as a gift."

Others in our personal and business lives are the very thing we need to accelerate our own successes. This does not step on the toes of our being self-sufficient and becoming all we can become. It compliments our self-sufficiency, and in that complimenting, it also compliments the other who is helping us.

Every one of us has pockets of brilliance.

- If you permit the others in your life to contribute their brilliance and insight, will it make your life's goals closer ?

- Why not ask them for their input for your current goals?

- What would their ideas do for your life?

- How could their brilliance make your own brilliance more brilliant?

Thankyou Danana-chan said:
I think what Saku means, is that to be successful in life and accomplish your goals, you need to strengthen your relationships with other people! Being self sufficient is good, but humans are social creatures, so our bonds with other human beings makes us feel more fulfilled than if we were to go through life on our own.

So you might not NEED other people's input, ideas, advice, help, etc, but having people involved in those processes enhances the experience of it and gives other insight.

The questions are meant to make you think "Am I allowing people in to my life or keeping them away?"

Saku did not write this, she just mixed it up a bit xD See credit top right :)​

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently I'm just not getting the questions but I also don't feel like reading articles cuz they usually are 20 pages.

I guess the best way I can handle these questions is by using experience. I'm my own brilliance and that is shaped through my interpretation of facts, opinions, and odditites around me. I process my life and I leave little for anyone else to do to it. Only open ended problems are given to others. (I think that's what those questions are trying to ask)

I think what Saku means, is that to be successful in life and accomplish your goals, you need to strengthen your relationships with other people! Being self sufficient is good, but humans are social creatures, so our bonds with other human beings makes us feel more fulfilled than if we were to go through life on our own.

So you might not NEED other people's input, ideas, advice, help, etc, but having people involved in those processes enhances the experience of it and gives other insight.

The questions are meant to make you think "Am I allowing people in to my life or keeping them away?"

...and to answer those questions myself...! I've always accepted and asked input from other people about events and decisions in my life. It makes me feel better to hear the opinions and experience of other people before I make choices myself. I also like to offer people my OWN opinions and advice. (Sometimes to the point of meddling and being bossy. XD ) Having good relationships with people in this give-take way is really important for me, and thanks to it, I've been able to get through a lot of tough moments that I would have never been able to deal with had I kept it all to myself.

I like that article and the questions presented. Good for self reflection. >:3

Thank you Danana-chan :)
Anyone else gonna go do a little self-reflecting ? :P

Hmm...The more I think about it, the more I've come to realize.
Without my friends, I might not be here. I was weak at one point, and was contemplating, well....Need I go any further?
Regardless...
I am quite the social creature. I rely on my friends, I love to help them, to be remembered, to be involved. I always try to help in any way I can, and when they aren't around, I do get rather confused. I've been called naive, a title that I gladly accept. I always like to see the good in people, because it's so much harder to do...There are quite a few people who clash with me because of that. The ones who think that friends aren't worth having, because they'll stab you in the back. I disagree completely... I think life...Mmmm...Friends make your life, and as a friend, you play the same role in people's lives. Never forget that.

Without my friends, I might not be here....Friends make your life, and as a friend, you play the same role in people's lives. Never forget that.

An inspiring analysis. I'm sure many people will agree :)

I love everyone in my life and I try to involve and not hide anything from any of them.

As such, I have people to go to when I have problems, and people to talk to when I'm happy. Life IS awesome! I don't always make the right choices, and I may not do everything correctly, but at least I can say that I never hope for any bad negative things for anyone.

Well I for one can say that I'm probably going to be the complete opposite of this topic.

I'm personally the kind of person who keeps to himself, and for all intents and purposes... "exists" with a really small carbon footprint. I've actually had people either forget I was still around, or even think that I'd died at one point because of my reclusive nature.

I don't mind people's ideas or input, but I don't go out of my way to ask for them. Kinda how the majority of the people around me don't ask for mine and such. No harm, no foul. It's partly due to how my life's unfolded, but everyone's got some scrapes here and there on their soul, body, and minds, right?

Made my share of mistakes, and done my share of things I shouldn't have. I'm definitely no saint, but I kinda think of my life now as a weird chance to atone. Sure it's lonely, and I've been at some really dark forks in the road, but I'm not dead yet. There's one for the home team. : )

Now to contradict myself. When people do approach me, I warm up to them eventually, and I always go out of my way to make someone's life better. Even if the only way is at the expense of my own. I've always had this notion that I could stand quite a bit of the bad if it'll spread as much good.

So that answers the question of friends, and all that jazz. I've got them, but I can count them on one hand with a finger left over, and even with them being considered "friends" I still view them as outsiders.

I guess I'm just funny like that.

: (