The Born Ones ll The_Silver_Dragon & Inkheart789

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex nodded. She understood. If it was her she would of stayed in the woods though. "Okay," Alex said. "So...what-I mean how did you afford the place the?" If he was a thief did it mean he had a job of some sort? It didn't make sense to her much. I wonder what will the meeting will be about tonight? she thought to herself.

"I have a spot in the market. I sell teas made from herbs I find near the forest. Apparently they are good. I don't make much from it though, and all of it goes towards rent. When I have money left over I buy my food, but when I don't, that's when I sometimes steal." Ajax explained. "I want to earn my keep, there is only so much I can do though. Occasionally I sell enough to save too, and I never dip into those savings. You never know what might happen on a rainy day."

Alex chuckled and nodded. "I guess," she said. "Would make me some tea sometimes?" Alex thought the kid was a honest kid. A bit of a toughen up but cool. "I bet I could get there before you can!" And then she started to run. The stars were out and it was beautiful. Everyone was closing up and people going. Frowning she ran faster.

Ajax shrugged. "Sure, I have some leaves, I just didn't have the energy to make it yet. I'll bring them back with me and I can make you some." He said before laughing at her running. He did have more energy now, but he didn't feel like running. Once she was far ahead and no one was around Ajax went invisible and made his way to the place he stayed, watching for Alex.

Alex was running alone and then stopped where she first saw him. She looked around. Something didn't feel right here. Slowly she took steps around the area to find any cause of her uneasiness. That's when she felt another person behind her

Slowly turning around, she notice it was a man. He had a scar across his face and a sword in front of her face. "Wha....?"

When he saw her Ajax started to walk towards her. He saw the man before she did, which gave him time to walk up behind the scared man. Before he had time to realize what was happening, Ajax knocked the man's head with a brick that had been loose. "Who the hell was that?" He asked as the man fell to the ground. "I don't think it is safe here anymore, they must have found out about me."

Alex frowned at the man who was knocked out by a floating brick. Something about this man seemed familiar though... She smiled at Ajax. "Thanks," she mumbled to him. "What do you mean they found you?"

Quickly she took the man's weapon, and then said turning to Ajax, "Let's go, get you stuff and we are heading back." The people of the meeting needed to hear about this. Quickly scanning them an so she could describe him she waited.

"Those people you said that look for us." Ajax muttered, watching her. "Maybe they saw me change sometime, I don't know." With that he tugged on her arm and brought her to his place. "I don't know if I can, but I can try to make you invisible as we make our way back, that way if they are looking they won't be able to see us."

She shrugged him off. "It's okay," she told him. Alex didn't want to be invisible. Looking around the place she thought nothing of it. "You may be right though, they could have been here to kill us...or you." She didn't like how close they were to their HQ at all. "There is somewhere you need to follow me too, okay? After when you are done here."

"Alright." Ajax said with a shrug. He packed his things in a small bag and shrugged it over his shoulder. "Do you know how to use that sword?" He asked, thinking it was too long and heavy for her. Ajax was ready to go, packed with everything he cared to keep.

Alex nodded at him. "Of corse I do. It was part of training And my brother taught me as well," she said to him. Heading back outside she held the sword onto her shoulder and began to walk back to where Ajax would stay for now on. The Born Ones place. Alex took a long route though, a route for emergencies when something might threaten them.

"Good, I just wanted to make sure you had some type of weapon besides using fire." Ajax said softly as they headed back. He figured that the other people new some way of containing the powers or were so skilled at physical fighting they wouldn't have time to use their powers.

Alex smiled at him. "Thanks for your concern." The night was peaceful and quickly they got to the tree. Opening it up with her fire she jumped in. Waiting at the bottom for Ajax, she was quickly running over what she will say to Mr. sit.

"I just didn't want to have to save you or anything. You seem like the type of girl who does things for herself." Ajax said with a smirk before jumping in after her. The experience was still odd, but at least he knew what to expect.

Alex rolled her eyes at him. As she became more comfortable around Ajax , her true self came out more. "C'mon. Or we'll be late." Hurrying to the second floor down she walked towards a doubled doer room. "Here." Opening then she walked into a large room. There was a large table in the middle and many people sitting and chatting with each other. Grabbing some food for her and Ajax she took as it motioning for Ajax as well to sit next to her.

"More food?" Ajax muttered as he followed Alexandra. He was full and content, but if given a drink he would take that. "What is going on?" Ajax asked as he saw all of the people gathering.

"Monthly gathering," she said. "Where people come back from missions and well talk about what is going in with us. We will probably focus on you today though." She looked at him. Taking a drink she handed it to him.

"Attention!" Mr. Sit said. "We have a new ember today! His name is Ajax."

He took it and looked up as his name was mentioned. Even though he didn't stand up, everyone seemed to look at Ajax. Since he was not told to stand or say anything, he simply stayed quiet.

"Son, please tell us about your past? How did you find about your powers? How did you find this place? What is your power? Do you know why we are here?" he asked Ajax. Alex was nervous all those eyes in their direction made me uncomfortable.

Ajax looked around and with a sigh, stood up. "I don't remember much as a kid. All I know is that a couple decided to pick me off the street as a baby. They took care of me until I was five, and then put me back on the streets, telling me I could take care of myself now. At first I learned to steal, but then I found some herbs by the forest. I began making teas for people, and when I was about ten I realized I had a power. I was setting up my things in the market and these guards were walking by, trying to find people who were not supposed to sell there. I got nervous and turned myself invisible." As he said this, Ajax went invisible. "I didn't understand why they could not see me until I glanced in a near by puddle and realized I had no reflection. So, my power is invisibility. Alexandra found me, caught me turning back from being invisible, and brought me here. I don't know anything about this really, besides that Alexandra told me that the King wants all of us killed."

Status
Not open for further replies.