The Born Ones ll The_Silver_Dragon & Inkheart789

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Sit nodded. "I see." he murmured. "Well, I have a meeting to attend soon. I'm sure Alexandra would show you how things go."
Alex nodded. And Adam walked out his office. Alex turned to Ajax.
"So..."

Ajax's frown deeped and he looked at Alexandra. "Why did you bring me to see him? He didn't seem to want much to do with me." He muttered, shaking his head before standing. Ajax had a thought that maybe Mr.sit was the leader here, but he did not show it much if he was.

Alex waved her hand dismassively. "He was busy. It was a regular day you would of been there all day. You will have to see him later though," she told him. Looking at him she said, "Everyone here is family no matter how much we might hate hate each other." Going onto another floor she opened a wooden door. "This will be your new home." Alex grinned.

Ajax nodded, understanding a bit better now. "What about my things? I do have some clothes back where I was staying." He told her as she looked around. Ajax was happy that he had a nicer place to stay and some people that knew about him and were fine with it.

Alex looked at him surprise. I'm so stupid... she thought. She almost slapped herself. "Wel'll get them then, okay?" Then their was a sound. Looking around she notice teh sound came from her stoamch. Blushing she said, "FIrst we mus eat. I'm hungry." Alex hadn't notice she was hungry, which was a first for her.

Ajax laughed softly. "Do you have food to spare for me? If not I should be able to make it for a couple days with that bread." He was used to eating only once a week or less. It was the only way he could afford and he still had to steal occasionally.

"Of course we do," she told him. "My borther nad I alone eat for four people instead of two. And there are lots of people here as well. Come on. My mom will most likly hace food out for me nad she loves making food for people." Walking down the hall she walked nexted to Ajax. "So tell me about yourself?"

His eyes widened at their generosity, giving food to anyone who needed it. "Well thank you, I appreciate it." As for her question Ajax did not know how to answer. "What kind of things would you like to know?"

"Your past, favorite color..." she shrugged. "Anything really." Opening the door to their apartment like ome she raced to the kitchen. "Mom! I. Found one!" She shouted. Alex's mother came into the room and greeted the two children.

Ajax sighed. "My past isn't that exciting. I was left on my own and I tried to work with it. I don't think I have a favorite color. I have not thought about it. Do most people have a favorite?" He asked, not knowing about it.

When the mother greeted them, Ajax looked up. "Thank you for letting me stay here."

"Oh don't worry dear," her mom said to Ajax.
Alex thought for a bit. "Well, it depends on the person. My favorite colors red," she told him. Taking some food she ate . Ajax was very odd. Differnt in better words. She thought he was cool.

Ajax smiled and took the food that was offered. "Red is a nice color, deep and rich. I like that one. I don't think I have a favorite though, I think I like them all in different ways." He explained.

Alex nodded. Sighing she finished her food. Alex wondered what creature descendent is Ajax from. She only knew a few of them. Like water numphs are water powers or magic can be varied.

"So what does everyone do here? Are there jobs or anything?" Ajax asked, wondering what he would need to do to earn his keep. Everyone had seemed nice but he knew that everyone wanted something in return.

"We are at a secret type of war with the king. He knows there are,ore of us and he wants to kill us all," she said. "We train help one another. The people work who can work in the world work while everyone does to. Help kill the king. I help keep everything in order and do some things here and there. You, I'm not sure yet. You're new so we need to know what you can do."

Ajax frowned. "I guess I don't understand why the King wants us dead. Wouldn't it be in his interest to capture us and use us for his own plans? Is he just stupid? Or does he just not understand all of the people?"

Alex shook her head. "It goes back about five generations ago. There was king who was jealous of his brother who had powers himself. So his initially thought was 'we'll if I can't have them no one can'. He was stupid. And that king convince that the Born Ones, which we are called are evil." She shrugged.

"Odd." Ajax said, finishing up his food. "Can we go grab my things tonight or would you like to wait until tomorrow. I could also go alone if you prefer, I don't have much to bring."

Alex shook her head. "Let's go now," she decided. "So where did you stay?" Alex was jumping up and down. She didn't know what was Ajax was going to bring into her life but it will be exciting, that she knew as soon as she first saw him.

"Near the market place. I was able to afford a small room above a baker most months. Oddly it was the same bread I stole when hungry, but the man never suspected me." Ajax explained as he followed her back out. "Stay close to me though, it is getting dark and the market is not a nice place at night."

Status
Not open for further replies.