The Borderhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nova was watched the door for what seemed like an hour, when it was really only 30 minutes. Within this timeframe she recleaning the counter out of pure boredom. Eventually she sighed softly and sat down, resting her head on her arms. " Where is everyone? We should be booming at this hour. Did everyone just decide to be sober for the rest of their lives?" She said to herself a little bit too loudly.

Sitting in a house down the road, with her step-father, Bryan. he was a nice guy but he could never be her dad. he had died in a gun fight a long time ago and she had never known her mother. So, sitting on the couch, her arm dangling over the side, staring at the ceiling, bored to the point of no return. She started making noises, again. Just to get attention.
" Daaaaaaad. I'm boooored..."
I complained. Hearing him walk into the living room.
" why don't you go outside. It's getting colder. Better get whats left of the sunshine while there is some left."
and with that he left again.
Not knowing what else to do, I went outside in the front lawn and fell over into the grass, throwing a few leaves that had fallen into the air.

" If only dad were here. I would be having so much fun if he were here with me..."

As Geist left Aventus and Ellyn, he continued his way to the bar, walking slowly along the road back to the town. It was then when he saw a little girl laid on the last bits if grass still alive when the rest of the town was already under the snow. He frowned slightly as it was getting cold and she was there as if enjoying the day. He walked past her and after a couple more of steps, he stopped with a sigh. "Kid... Get back inside. It will snow again in some minutes." He learned to read the weather just by the scent of the air and look of the sky. He wasn't kidding and it was going to get colder there. Not caring about the girl's reply, he continued his way to the bar, almost reaching it's front door.

She saw the man who had passed her and she decided to follow him. She was hoping interesting would happen.
"hey, what is your name? And honestly, I would rather lay in the snow than be inside with my step-dad."
She had been inside all day lying on the couch, nothing to do, nothing good on the television, no games to play, nothing good to eat, absolutely no entertainment. She was bored.

Ellyn slightly chuckled hearing his brother. It seemed that boy wouldn't bother anyone in a long time. "Remember that humans are friends, not food." teased Geist, when he turned around to leave. He managed to control himself with that boy earlier, so he would be just fine. When he left, he glanced at Aventus. "We should go back to the house" said, before turning to Nia. "But I want my explanation now. Can she talk?"

"Of course I can," Nia replied in her usual soft-spoken voice. "It's a pleasure to meet you, by the way. I'd love to speak with you a little more, but it's better to let Aventus explain the details."
"Oh, sure. Put me in the spotlight." Aventus said, rolling his eyes. "Well... I was exploring an abandoned zoo out of typical eight-year-old curiosity. You know what I mean, right? Anyways, apparently there was also a wolf there scavanging the place who seemed to think I'd make a pretty pleasing appetizer. After running as fast as my little legs could carry me, the wolf finally has me cornered and just before it attacked, a thirty-foot python comes out of nowhere and crushes the life out of it. She looks at me and asks me what my name was, in that same soft voice you here from her now" He chuckled and shook his head.
"The poor boy was too frightened to even speak." Nia said, a mix of amusement and nostalgia in her voice.

Nova sighed and stood up from her seated position. She decided to go outside and have a quick smoke to calm her nerves. She went to the back to her locker and grabbed her smokes. Then she went to the front door.

Once outside she noticed a man, which looked like he'd benn through hell and back. And a little girl, she gave the both a nice smile "Well, hello there! You two can go inside if you want. I'll be back in in a little bit to serve you." Afterwards she walked about 8 feet away and lit a cigarette.

He glanced back at the girl and sighed. He should have seen that coming when he spoke to her. "Geist... And you will get sick and then not be able to go outside again." He was about to tell her to get back to her house as he was going into a bar and they would probably not allow children, but then the owner, as it seemed, just told both of them to get inside. He sighed quietly and glanced at her for a moment. "Wouldn't your step-dad mind having you in a bar with a stranger?" He walked inside and went all the way to the bar counter to sit on a stool.

She stared at the white python as she spoke, with her eyebrows lifted, and smiled to her. Ellyn turned at Aventus afterwards, and slightly chuckled for the relationship the two of them had. They sounded really close, and it was definitely a strange and somehow funny thing between a human and a reptile.

"You look as someone that gets easily in trouble, so I'm glad you have a thirty-foot guardian python." told the boy, still amused by the story. She looked at Nia once again. "And the pleasure is mine, Nia. I don't often say that sincerely, but I do now. I never had a chance of talking to a python before." told her, and turned to Aventus. "Well, let's go back to the house. I'm sick of smelling like a Christmas tree."

She went inside as she was told and didn't bother to sit down, she just stood there, looking around. Examining her surroundings.
" nah, he used to take me out all the time."
She wandered around for a bit before finding somewhere she could sit by herself, with at least a chair between her and anyone else on both sides. She had privacy issues sometimes and she could get claustrophobic on occasion.

Jacob rubbed his eyes and looked up at the Regulator clock which ticked solemnly on the wall opposite the table he was using as his desk. Although the book he was reading proved interesting there were passages which made him uneasy. Besides that detail there was the unnerving feeling that he had heard a noise, perhaps a door opening and closing,maybe several times in short succession, sometime during the last hour. He pushed the chair away from the table and stretched, contemplating whether he should get up and investigate. At last his curiosity got the best of him. He went to the door of the library and peered out. "Kadence?...Hello?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yeah, I plan on taking a nice long shower when we get back... Maybe I'll even have a few drinks. To be quite honest, it's been a shitty day." Aventus said with a light chuckle as he pulled into the driveway of the house. Shutting the engine off, he stepped out of the vehicle and opened the back seat for Nia.With a loud hiss that seemed more playful than threatening, the python lunged out at him and coiled tightly around his torso.
Aventus yelped and stumbled back, nearly falling. He glared coldly at the python.
"It's about time you didn't forget me." She said with no small amount of amusement. "Oh! Don't give me that look."
Rolling his eyes, he opened the front door, allowing the warmth from the house to wash over them. Maybe there was still time to turn this day around? It was the holidays, after all. Aventus had never been a Christmas person... same with almost every other holiday. Of course, no longer being in the same situation he had been in as a child, he decided to give it a chance for once. It was never a good thing to always mope around and isolate oneself from--
"Lilith?!" Aventus gasped once his attention was drawn to the stairs.

Lilith slowly opened her eyes, now completely in her human form. SHe had no intense or passionate feelings or desires and the fatigue was starting to hit her. She rubbed her eyes and watched as the blur of her vision cleared to reveal the figure of Aventus standing over her. Lilith tried to sit up in shock of seeing him but her horrid posture had gotten the better of her. There was a sharp pain in her back and she felt the need to lie back. But feeling the surface she had passed out on, it was rough and felt quite dusty. Looking down, she noticed she was still on their stairs leading up to the floor where her room was.

Lilith avoided eye contact with Aventus as she flicked her fringe out of her hair with her fingers. "Oh god, I'm so sorry. I'll get out of the way."

This is so embarassing, Lilith thought bashfully as she pulled herself up painfully to her feet. Seriously, what the hell did she do that night? She was in so much pain. Lilith turned and tried to take a step up but her feet would not allow it. She leaned onto the rails beside her, breathing deeply.

Ellyn chuckled once again for the conversation between Aventus and Nia. It wasn't actually funny, but, it took place between a boy and a python. She was sure she would take a while to get used to that. Walking inside, she headed directly towards the stairs. It was time she found her room. Anyway, there was a girl blocking her way.

She was just behind Aventus, but could still perfectly notice the embarrassment that poor girl was going through. Ellyn wasn't someone that particularly cared for strangers, but she certainly been drunk and in a similar situation before, so she thought a little help wouldn't hurt anyone. And, the reaction Aventus had, was probably killing her of embarrassment. As she started to climb the stairs, Ellyn thought she would fall and hurried to help her. Anyway, she grabbed to the rails before anything happened. "God, I'm so relieved I finally found another girl in this house." told her with a smile, trying to make her feel a little more comfortable. "I'm Ellyn, Geist's sister." added, as if they were on a normal situation. She joined her on the same step and, still smiling, she offered her a hand to help her go on.

Aventus sighed and moved up the stairs to help out. He cared about Lilith very much, but he didn't know what to think on days like this. He moved to her other side and gently held onto her arm.
"Lilith, are you all right? What did you get yourself into?" He asked gently, knowing that his previous reaction must have nearly killed her. After all, she wasn't the only one who had stumbled into the house completely shit-faced. Aventus had been in her position quite a few times before...

Name: Gary Javeson
Race/Ability:1/2 human, 1/2 dragon
student
Image:
blonde-boy-cigarette-hair-hot-Favim.com-268508.jpg

His father is a retired dragon hunter. His mother was enchanted by a dragon. Gary is the result of that union. Neither him nor his father are aware of that fact. They're about to find out.

If there was such a thing as brain soup Gary had just been served a huge helping. Tossed around like a rag doll,nearly torn from limb to limb, threatened to within an inch of his life and then the fun began. Cold. Breathless. Colder and more breathless than he had ever felt or hoped to feel ever again. An aerial view of the village below became larger and more focused as the dragon snatched him out of his first free-fall only to initiate another.

The trees or the snow might have dampened his fall the first time but this time the roof of his home promised a much more painful, if not fatal impact. As Gary flailed his arms he caught a glimpse of Geist disappearing in the inky darkness. He braced for impact as the target came closer and closer.

And then it happened. An automatic impulse, a survival mechanism, a disaster. His muscles stiffened, his skin turned to scales and then they hardened, changing through several different hues from blue, to green, to yellow, and finally red. And just as he was about to make impact a force lifted him out of the death spiral and he was flying.

@viahra233
Geist glanced at the girl quietly wondering what was up with her. He then asked for a Brandy on the rocks and tell the waitress to give the kid anything she wanted that wasn't alcohol. He looked at her again and sighed quietly. "What is your name?"

Gary -in dragon form- executed a perfect barrel roll. A feat that would have been quite impressive if it weren't the reflexive action of a creature bent on self-preservation. He completed several more rolls as he tried to focus and find his bearings. Eventually he made a rough landing.

Gary tried to land on his feet but instead he tumbled and rolled across the barren field before coming to rest at the edge of the forest. He dragged himself into the woods and eventually found a cave, more out of instinct than knowledge of the area, although he had certainly explored these woods before. Before, when he had accompanied his father on dragon hunts.

Exhausted, he curled up in a ball. His tail-he had a tail now-wrapped around his body for warmth as he drifted into an uneasy sleep. The next day posters would go up in the village alerting the residents to the missing boy.

Jacob, having been stirred from his studies by noises in the hallway, ventured from the library to investigate. There were traces of wet foot prints leading from the front door to the stair case. In fact, there were several sets but the stairs and the hallway were bereft of life. Geist, who would have come to the library before retiring for the night, had not done so.

Time for plan B. Jacob ordered a cab to be sent around to the tavern-as that was Geist's usual hideout-with instructions for the driver. Whether Geist ever took advantage of this service he never knew. If Geist had been gone long enough for Jacob to have to order a cab for him, Jacob was always asleep by the time the master of the house returned. Jacob received an invoice at the end of each month regardless, which he gladly paid.

Geist was finishing his drink when he heard at a cab outside the bar. He waited for some time for anyone to step in from that car but after a moment he realized he was probably waiting for someone instead. Maybe it was for the girls... No. Who would know she was here exactly apart from him. She didn't told her dad or anyone she was coming with him. He wondered if it was for him then... He paid for his and the girl's drink and walked outside, glancing back at her. "You coming?" He just asked it once before walking outside towards the driver. "Who are you waiting for?" As he told his name he sighed. Jacob... He was probably worried. It was normal in him, even when it was a human worrying about a huge and old dragon like him, he appreciated that. He paid the driver and told him to leave. He never liked to be in the same transportation with other humans. He didn't need them as well. He started walking back to the house, looking back for the girl. Even when he didn't know her, he still had this damn habit to worry about others.

Status
Not open for further replies.