The Borderhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geist obviously felt the boy flinch with his touch and he didn't applied the necessary force to even damage his skin. His face frowned, especially with the incomplete and nervous words coming from him. "You know pretty well I can tell when someone lies to me, right? What is wrong Aventus. You are more nervous than usual." He looked down at him and then at his work. Aventus was always respectful and not looking him in the eyes was like if he was talking to a wall for Geist. He was avoiding him for a reason, and at first he tought some problem occurred with the lights or his pickup. Narrowing his eyes, he took the boys chin and lift his face up to look into his face. Then he saw it. Geist wasn't a very caring or warm being with anyone, but he surely protected the ones he cared, and Aventus was one of them." He growled lowly and let him go, his voice harsh and cold. "What happened, and who did this to you?"

Aventus sighed, his shoulders slumped. There was no point in arguing now...
"It was one of the kids from school... Gary Javenson. It was only a misunderstanding, apparently he thought I was spreading rumors about him." He said, sighing. "Look, it's nothing to get all worked up about. I'm fine."

Ellyn already started eating. Far faster than any simple human would, but still neatly. She frowned slightly hearing what the man said but finished her sandwich first. "What else could you think from someone smelling like a pine?" asked, raising an eyebrow. She heated the other sandwich, putting her hand on the top of it once again, not caring if someone saw her. She never was careful hiding her abilities from strangers.

"Um,...nothing?" Suddenly very self-conscious and wishing he were anywhere else but in this room, Professor Sloane makes his excuses and decides to find solace amongst the things he likes most, namely books. "If anyone should ask," he stated with a bit of a tremor in his voice as he washed his dish and put away the apple butter (this time placing the jar in the refrigerator), "I'll be in the library."

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacob was stating the obvious. He spent most of his waking hours there, lost in thought as he perused the many ancient tomes that his host graciously provided for his guests enjoyment. For the moment he knew all he needed to know about Ellyn, but he regretted the fact that he couldn't spend more time talking to the lad he just met. Conversing with the young people here was his only way of staying connected with his former life as a teacher. A life he found hard to surrender after so many years.

His spirits brightened considerably as he entered the foyer and felt a cool breeze coming from the direction of the front door. Looking up he noticed the young lady on her way to get a sweater. "And how is Kadence? Is a chilly one tonight, yes?

Geist was angry, anyone could tell just by looking at his eyes shining green as if he wanted to make a human his dinner. He leaned closer to Aventus and sniffed his jacket. The scent of that Gary was still on him and now he had his own map towards that kid. No one messed with his family or friends, and everyone who stayed in his border house knew that they received draconic protection along with the room, and he knew Aventus for a long time now. Saying nothing, he walked to the door and rubbed down the stairs to step outside again without stopping near Kaydance and Jacob. As soon as he was outside, he shifted into his huge golden dragon and went after the scent.

izSlzBFH0j3LL.jpg

Akai.jpg

Name: Lilith Maximus

Race: Succubus

Personality: Despite her nature, Lilith is actually quiet and shy. She can usually be found hiding her face behind the covers of a book. She is extremely friendly to all the girls she meets but when it comes to men, she tends to be quite conservative. This is only because when she is in her succubus form, she has less control over herself and her actions.

((I'll get an intro post up soon ^^))

Jacob jumped back as Geist swept past him. At the same time his arm went up and nearly knocked the poor kaydence over as he brushed her out of the way. Unnerved by the whole series of recent events Jacob retreated to the library without saying another word. As he went to the window to close the drapes he saw Geist in his dragon form disappearing in the distance.

It didn't take a genius to realize that Geist was angry, and whatever he was planning couldn't be good. Jumping up from his desk, Aventus sped through the hall and down the stairs, nearly tripping in his attempt to stop him.
"Geist!" He called, sprinting through the living room and out the front door, just in time to see the large golden dragon take off.
"Dammit!" He cursed. Without wasting another second, he ran back into the house and grabbed the keys to the Avalanche. Jumping into the truck, he revved up the engine and sped out of the driveway. Luckily, he knew where Gary lived. He just hoped he could get there before Geist did.
"And again, you try leaving without me?" Nia's soft-spoken voice came from the back seat.
"Not now!" He snapped, speeding down the street. He made a sharp turn onto another street, nearly losing control of the vehicle.
"I don't know what you're so worried about." Nia stated simply. "I would say that boy gets whatever Geist has planned for him. He did hurt you, after all."
"It's not that simple!" Aventus said, speeding past a stop sign. "He can't just go out and kill or eat someone."
"Killing... eating... What's the difference?" Nia sighed.
"Not only that!" He said, ignoring her sarcasm. "Gary's father is a retired soldier who hunted his kind for money!" Or, at least that's what Gary brags about... He thought. Either way, he had to get there before Geist did. If he failed, then only fate knows what will happen to either of them...

Jacob left the kitchen, and so Ellyn had plenty of time to finish her meal. Anyway, it didn't take her long. Ellyn took the dish into the sink and was about to find her room and take that shower she certainly needed. When she passed through the front door, she spotted that Aventus boy she had seen earlier rushing outside. She heard the engine and tires of some big truck leaving. The phoenix just ignored it and continued her way.

A moment later she realized she had no idea where her room was. She followed Geist's trace, as he told her to, but she found out his most recent one was heading outside. So the deal with the strange boy rushing out included her brother too... She frowned thinking what could had happened. Ellyn never stayed quiet when she was curious about it.

Just like that, she headed outside and changed. The trace of the trunk was more recent, so it would be easier to catch. It didn't take her long to spot it. After it, she controlled her speed to land on its ceiling. She was pretty large, but not heavy enough to dent it. Already over the truck, she changed back into her human shape, and laid down to look over the passenger window. She tapped it and hoped that Aventus would open it quickly. She wouldn't fall... but she wasn't exactly on a comfortable position.

A knock on the passenger window of the truck caused him to jump a bit, but he kept control of the vehicle. Turning to look for a split second, he saw Ellyn's face in the window.
"Ellyn?! How the hell...?" Shaking his head, he quickly reached across and opened the door, allowing her to enter. "What in the world are you doing?! How did you get up there? No, no never mind that..." He said quickly. "We need to find Geist. Fast."

Geist didn't waste time arriving to the boy's house. He positioned himself out of the window of his room and shifted back into his human form to open it and jump in. The boy jumped looking at the man inside his room when he was playing videogames with chips around him. "Hey Gary..." He growled evilly and took the boy's shirt with force to lift him up and out the window. The kid tried to fight back and pinch him but as soon as both were outside, Geist shifted again into a dragon and started to fly (levitate? no wings...) up to the sky not letting go of the small body in his claws. The kid screamed and shivered all the way, making Geist smile evilly.

When both were covered by the clouds, he neared rgw boy to his snout and bared his fangs. "You are messing up with the small boys again Gary." He growled lowly to make the boy focus. "Listen! Aventus is under my protection, as anyone inside my house. You put a finger near him, or anything happens to him because of you, I will not even bother to kill you, I will just let you fall back into your house from this height. Did you understand?"

Last edited:
Ellyn slid through the door, sitting down in the passenger seat. Allowing herself to relax, she sighed. It was harder than she expected to land in the roof of a truck. She chuckled slightly with his reaction but didn't answer his questions. "What happened to him? What is he about to do?" asked, guessing that it was about of preventing him from doing something. His brother was one of the few she actually cared about, so she wanted to know. At the same time she talked, she sensed a weird smell and turned around. There was a python on the backseats? That was definitely not something a normal for a human... right?

"I got into a fight, got a black eye, and not Geist is after the kid... Who's father just so happens to be a retired soldier that hunted people like Geist. So, we have to get there before anything bad happens." Aventus explained quickly, then noticed Ellyn had noticed Nia in the back seat.
"Oh, and that's Nia. I'll explain a little later... And you might want to buckle up." He warned her, turning another sharp corner.

A low growl slipped through his fangs as he heard the kid cursing and threatening him with his father. Geist laughed and shook his bug head. "You can't tell him anything dead, right?" As soon as he finished, he opened his clawed hand and let him fall all the way down. Waiting a moment, he followed the human and caught him before his body smashed against the concrete. "I don't mind to kill your whole family to protect my own. And I will kill every descendent of your bloodline if you dare to threaten me again. Stay away from my family or you will regret it." With that, he let him fall over his roof from a fare distance to cause damage but not kill him, yet. He moved a few blocks away from the kid's house and shifted back over the snow to walk back to the house.

"Oh..." Ellyn muttered, looking to his black eye. It seemed that Geist really cared about that kid, and probably many other of his roommates. Well, at least the only one in danger of death was some human jerk, and not her brother. A dragon hunter could definitely be a pain in the ass, but it would never be able to hurt a dragon by his own without any previous knowledge of it, so it was something to take care later. Ellyn decided to follow Aventus' advice and buckled up... that boy was definitely a danger at the wheel.

She pulled down the window to try smell her brother, but with all the wind coming in was just impossible. Anyway, it didn't take her long to find him. She looked up and spotted a huge golden dragon, which seemed to be playing in the air with a human. "He's over there" told the driver, not sure if he would be able to see him or she only did because of her phoenix/dragon enhanced senses. Still, both the dragon and the human disappeared from her sight, so she had no idea how things ended, but they would probably arrive a little too late for the boy. A moment later, she spotted Geist on the road, still pretty far from them, walking on his human shape.

Lilith skulked down the road towards the borderhouse, returning after a long day of looking for jobs followed by a long night at the local bar, downing drinks one after another. Now, because she had too much alcohol in her system, she was in her succubus form, the form in which she had the least control. As she stumbled closer to the doors of the borderhouse, which was graceful enough to actually pass for a strut, the cold air was pinching at her skin, giving her goosebumps all the way up the length of her arms and legs. Lilith began to shiver and her teeth began to chatter but she carried on forward.

The minute she walked through the doors, she breathed a sigh of relief. She looked around as she was greeted by a seemingly empty lobby and decided to take a seat, just to give herself time to sober up and hopefully, return to her normal form. As a normal human, she had more control over her actions and her emotions, which made her feel much safer. However, as a succubus, it was almost as though she was always hungry for a certain energy, an energy which she could only feel with a man.

Lilith leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes. She was dressed in a black cropped long sleeve top and a skimpy black skirt. Her black wings were beginning to ache, which was a sign that was slowly becoming human again. The red colour of her eyes were also becoming less intense, turning them from the colour of a burning flame to a polished dark ruby. Lilith decided that she should probably make her way back to her room while she still had some energy left. She opened her eyes and stood from her chair, removing the key to her room, room 213, concealed inside her bra considering it was the only place she could put it. She dragged herself over to the staircase and took a step up one at a time but she had only gone up 6 steps before she collapse on the staircase, asleep. Her wings had retracted into her back and her over-exposing outfit turned into a simple getup composed of a white sweater with a bow and a forest green skirt. She still held her the key to her room tightly in her hand as she gently slumbered on the steps.

Aventus glanced over at Ellyn and, noticing she seemed to be staring out at something, stared carefully in the same direction she seemed to be looking. Of course, with his normal human eyes it was quite difficult to see much ten feet beyond the front bumper of the Avalanche. It was after a few more seconds that he noticed a figure casually strolling on the sidewalk. Squinting his eyes and peering a bit closer, he immediately recognized Geist's coat.
Aventus slammed on the brakes, bringing the truck to a halt (After it was done sliding on the ice) and rolling his window down.
"Hey! Hey, Geist! What happened? What did you do?" He called, parking the truck next to him.

Name: Nova
Race/Ability: Human
Image:
full

History: Nova is no stranger to the supernatural, considering her adoptive mother was a werewolf that was permanently in wolf form. So she calls most of the supernatural her friends and family. But when she turned 18, her mother left her to fend for herself and never saw her mother again. The only thing she has to remember her mother by, is a necklace that was gold with a tear shaped pendant. This pendant gives her the power to see perfectly at night.

Nova smiled to herself while she was cleaning some counters in the bar getting ready to open up. She sighed softly and stopped cleaning, she then gently grabbed the pendant between her breasts and held it up. She looked at it and said "Mom, i dont know where you are. Or what you are doing, but i just wanted to let you know. You're little pup is doing fine. I love you" this little gesture was the thing she did religiously. Believing that her mother could hear her somewhere.

She put the pendant back to where it belonged and walked to the door of the bar. She turned the vlosed side around to say open. Then she went back to the bar and stood behind it smiling.

Geist looked up at the sound of his pick up and narrowed his eyes. Stopping besides the car, he scanned the boy and his sisters a bit annoyed still because of that Gary. "What are you two doing here?" He sighed at his question imagening what was he thinking. "Well... I just got a snack and I'm still hungry." He waited a little looking at Aventus's reaction and chuckled. "Relax. You will see that ass back on school, maybe with something broken, but he's okey... Tell me if he does anything else to you." He then glanced at the back seat at Nia and nodded at her. "If he doesn't, I trust you will Nia." With that he turned and continued walking to the town's bar. He needed a drink now.

Status
Not open for further replies.