The Borderhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Saphira

Race/Ability: Shifter, uses darkness to her will.

to be fallen means to have once been a prized and highly respected person in many worlds but something went wrong and then it all went downhill. now (when you are fallen) you are simply a wandering soul, lost and unsure of who to trust anymore. If you can trust anybody at all...

personality: keeps to herself, rather social for someone of her appearance and stature, plenty of patience, can be very cold, enjoys nature.
Image:
humandownload (4).jpgshifted images (11).jpg

Izaak whispered a quick 'thank you' and went off to inspect the house. He quickly made his way to the kitchen, looking at the different appliances while the others went off to what he assumed was cut a tree. He pulled himself up onto the counter and stared at the ceiling, shocked by how clean it was.

Kaydence walked through the house, looking at all the Christmas preparations. Scoffing she walked outside, feeling the soft breeze against her skin. She closed her eyes, feeling the change beg her to switch over, but she couldn't. She had been good. She hadn't done it in forever. Opening her eyes again she looked around.

She had been a quiet one since coming to the house. She didn't really trust anyone but was willing to talk if they talked back to her. She wasn't a bad looking girl but she wasn't the most gorgeous either. She ran a hand through her hair, feeling shivers roll over her shoulders she went back inside and grabbed a sweater.

Geist glanced at his sister for a moment. "I didn't gave it to you for the cold. Pines have a lot of resin and you will have all your clothes sticky. After cutting it, you need two days at least for the resin to dry before decorating it, or the lights and everything will get dirty." He walked into the forest looking at a the trees at his sides to choose one of good size and form. "I never said they were humans."

Aventus's face lit up as he stepped into the Avalanche and revved the engine up. It was very rare he was given the opportunity to drive the truck, considering he still had yet to earn a driver's license... but the local store he planned on driving to was only a few blocks away. As long as he didn't screw up at any time during the trip, he would be fine.
"Were you honestly going to leave me?"
Aventus yelped and glanced in the back seat, seeing Nia coiled comfortably there with a smirk on her face. "Jesus Christ! Nia, you know I hate that!" He said, glaring at her.
Nia continued smirking. "Are you going to sit there and stare at me, or are we going shopping?"
With a sigh, Aventus backed the Avalanche out of the driveway. He was certain he'd never get used to Nia's teleporting ability...

Name: Fred Williams

Race/Ability: Magical being (Most powers based off of your typical video game)

Appearance:
7338bf2d4e6543ca51b04a6437c6392a.jpg

((I'll post tomorrow))

Ellyn looked down at her clothes. After the fire, she lost everything that wasn't with her, so it was everything she had. It would have been good to bring a coat, but she could be pretty stubborn sometimes. "Oh well, I'm sure you'll have some spare clothes to lend me while I wash this." said. She definitely needed to go shopping soon.

His answer made her smile. They weren't human then, so it meant that having roommates wouldn't be so boring after all. She looked around, focusing on the task of chosing a tree. "I like that one." said, staring at one. She had no idea about christmast trees, mainly because it had been a long time since the last time she celebrated christmast. It made no sense to do it alone. Anyway, that tree did brought back some memories of her childhood with Geist, so she thought it should work just fine.

531d01177ae27225cbe90bf7927d9b6e

Name: Jacob Sloane
Race: Human

Jacob emerged from the pantry with the jar of apple butter. He was surprised, not startled, to find a young man sitting on the kitchen counter. He squinted at the lad. He looked at him over his bifocals. Finally,satisfied that the lad had not been one of his students, he introduced himself. "I am Sloane. Professor Jacob SLoane. Professor Emeritus Jacob Sloane.". He corrected himself.

The man cut himself a slice of bread from the freshly baked loaf that was on the stove. He slathered it with the apple butter and placed it on a plate he took from the cupboard.""Emeritus," bah! A title they give you when they think you are too old to teach,Huh? Anyway, welcome. If you are hungry then you must help yourself. I would cook you something but I am too old!" The professor cackled at his own joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aventus walked out of the store, carrying five large bags all full of Christmas lights and decorations. Nia had been a great help picking which colors seemed to fit best, and the money Geist had lended him was more than enough to pay for it all. He figured he would shop for presents some other time, considering he still had no idea what everyone wanted.
Nia shifted underneath his jacket once the cold air reached her, and he hurried to the Avalanche and threw the bags in the back seat, intent on escaping the cold.
"Hey, asshole!"
Aventus looked up, seeing none other than Gary Javenson. "Shit..." He mumbled under his breath. "What the hell do you want, Gary?"
Gary stopped less than a foot away from him, his blond hair blowing in the cold winter wind. "I want you to stop saying things about me behind my back! It's really starting to piss me off." He said with a scowl, poking Aventus in the chest in a threatening manner.
Aventus smacked his hand away. "What the hell are you going on about this time?" He demanded, clenching his fists.
Before he could react, Gary quickly raised his fist and punched him in the face, knocking away his glasses. If it hadn't been for the ice they were standing on, Aventus would have been able to keep his footing. Unfortunately, he wasn't so lucky.
Sensing that there was something wrong -- and the fact that she cushioned some of Aventus's fall -- Nia shot from his jacket and hissed, snapping her jaws less than an inch away from Gary's face.
Gary yelped and leaped back, nearly slipping himself. With a frightened glance back at the large white python, he turned and quickly took off, casting fearful looks over his shoulder.
Aventus carefully stood up, rubbing his right eye where Gary punched him. "Son of a bitch..." He growled, studying his eye in the rear veiw mirror. It was going to be difficult explaining a black eye to the others back at the house.
"Are you all right?" Nia demanded, carefully nudging the bruised spot.
"Ow! Easy!" He said, jerking away. He opened the driver's side of the Avalance and stepped in, Nia following immediately after.
"Sorry, love." She said gently, lying her head on his shoulder. "Who was that?"
"Just another asshole at school..." He said, backing out of the parking lot. The rest of the ride back to the hous was spent in silence.

Sitting in a house down the road, with her step-father, Bryan. he was a nice guy but he could never be her dad. he had died in a gun fight a long time ago and she had never known her mother. So, sitting on the couch, her arm dangling over the side, staring at the ceiling, bored to the point of no return. She started making noises, again. Just to get attention.
" Daaaaaaad. I'm boooored..."
I complained. Hearing him walk into the living room.
" why don't you go outside. It's getting colder. Better get whats left of the sunshine while there is some left."
and with that he left again.
Not knowing what else to do, I went outside in the front lawn and fell over into the grass, throwing a few leaves that had fallen into the air.

" If only dad were here. I would be having so much fun if he were here with me..."

Aventus carefully entered the house, quickly setting the large bags on the dining room table along with the leftover change. Turning his head so that no one would catch a glimps of his black eye, he quickly headed up the stairs to his room, Nia tensing slightly around his torso.
"I'm going to bed..." He grumbled.

"Lebd you? Come on sis, I would gift them to you, you know that. You don't lend things to your siblings." They never returned them anyway. Geist continue looking at the trees when he turned at Ellyn's comment. He walked back and looked at it. It was... A very good choice actually. He smiled and took the ax strongly with both hands to start cutting the base. With the last hit, he moved to the side and the tree fell over the snow. Giving the ax to Ellyn, he lifted up the tree over his shoulders and started walking back home. "Let's go, probably Aventus already returned with the lights."

When they arrived to the entrance, he placed the tree against the outside wall for it to dry for the next couple of days. Stepping inside, he saw all the bags on the table and nodded. So he did returned already. "Ellyn, would you like the room next to mine? I'm sure you can follow my scent. You can have a shower, a nap, a meal at the kitchen, or just walk around. Its your house. I will go thank Aventus for the lights." With that, he removed his coat and started walling upstairs to him room, knocking some times as he reached the door.

Aventus jumped a bit as he heard a knock at his door. Acting quickly, he ran to the wooden work desk on the other side of his room and acted as if he were studying, resting his head on his hand in an attempt to cover the bruise.
"Come in!" He called, his eyes scanning over the expired math assignments.

Geist moved into his room and glanced at him. He seemed to be studying and he frowned at his own interruption. "Forgive me for interrupting you. Just wanted to thank you for the lights." He walked closer and laid a hand on his shoulder. "Do you need help with anything?"

He flinched a bit when Geist suddenly laid a hand on his shoulder. He shifted the hand he was resting on a bit, paranoid that the bruise would not be hidden enough.
"Oh... N-no, it's fine. I just need to... uh... finish up this last assignment..." He stammered.

Ellyn was ready to help him at least carry the tree, but he didn't exactly look as if he needed help, so she just took the ax and followed him. Once inside the house, she smiled at her brother and thanked him. She wanted to see the room he told her about, and she could really use a shower to take all that resin from the pine away (how did it even get there if she barely touched the tree??), but first she was making a visit to the kitchen. She was pretty hungry from all the miles she had traveled that day.

She just left the ax in the entrance, where Geist would surely find it, and tracked the food down. In the kitchen, she found the guy she had seen earlier and an old man. "Hey" she simply greeted them. "I'm Ellyn." added, towards the old man, without paying much attention to any of them. Instead, she looked for a dish and walked towards the fridge. She took what she would need for a sandwich, for two actually, and some fries she found. She also added some salad and chicken. It was weird seeing a skinny girl as she was eating that much, but it wasn't weird for a phoenix half dragon actually.

Professor Sloane was conversing with the lad who was sitting on the counter when the shapely lady came in and started preparing a sandwich. He acknowledged her presence with a nod and then returned to his companion. It wasn't long though before he started sniffing the air like a beagle. He turned to the lady. "Is that pine I smell? I mean...excuse me, I'm Jacob Sloane. Is that pine I smell?".

Name: Valyrie
Race: Fallen Angel/Valkyrie
Ability: don't know yet
Personality: yet to come

Intro: Valyrie could sense only the rush of falling and hear nothing but the piercing cry of the wind whip past her, the sky growing darker the farther she fell. There was a loud *splash* as she hit the water and began to sink to the abyss; her eyes now open, sensing the dismay. She wondered what would happen if she just let herself sink to the bottom, just let go; but something managed to change her mind. Not certain what that yet was. Valyrie managed to muster just enough energy to emerge from the water and breathe in a huge gulp of air, letting it fill her lungs. She looked around and realized that she had fallen in to a lake. Trees dusted with snow lined the outskirt of the lake; it was beautiful. Valyrie swam over to the edge and pulled herself up on to the ridge; feeling like she had no energy left, she lay there lifeless staring up at the sky. It was then that a huge pain seared through her heart like someone was stabbing her; and that's when she realized: she had no memories.

She sat a table close to the kitchen and finished making her sandwich. After it, she hit it a little to toast it, just putting her hand on the top of it. Ellyn was about to start eating when she heard the voice of the man. "Um, yes, it's pine. Christmas is coming, and you know my brother - I mean... Geist , he is not having Christmas without a tree. We just brought one from the woods." explained. She actually had no idea if that man knew him. But... he was in his house, right?

Jacob looked back at the lad, trying to size him up. He wasn't about to mention something in reference to the lady being a dragon in front of somebody who might be alarmed or confused by that revelation. Professor Sloane prided himself on his knowledge of dragons. The complicated creatures were the subject of countless hours of research , theorizing, and contemplation on his behalf. Unfortunately for his pride he had been bested several times by the creatures themselves. Just as he thought he knew them, they exhibited yet another behavior which confused and confounded him.Three things about dragons he knew for sure: In human form they were unusually beautiful (or handsome as in the case of Geist), They had ravenous appetites in all their incarnations, and they did not, as a rule, smell of pine. Hence the nature of his first enquiry. He gave Ellyn what he hoped was a knowing smile."The Christmas tree. Of course. It was silly of me to think otherwise."

Status
Not open for further replies.