The Book of Thoth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel chuckled softly. "This isn't the first time I've done this, you know." He considered it for a moment, then expanded on her ideas. "I was working part time as a bartender, you and your friends were regulars, finally got the courage to ask you out a couple weeks later, blah blah blah. Wedding was pretty small, just my parents, your parents, and the preacher, and we only now got the time to go on our honeymoon, what with your graduation and shit. That work?" he asked, lifting his eyebrows.

Amelia raised an eyebrow. "This isn't the first time you've pretended to be married to someone to get what you want?" she asked, incredulously. "And that sounds good to me," she said. "Oh, and we got married in Canada where your family is from. And your mom hates me because I married you."

Snorting, Daniel nodded. "I've done it more times than you'd expect. I'm not exactly above manipulation, you know." He smiled, looking at her. "My mom hating you for that isn't too hard to picture, honestly." After revving the engine, the Jeep resumed driving down the driveway. "Anything else...Ah, yeah. How much PDA are you comfortable with?"

Amelia sat for a second and seriously thought for a second. "However much you think is necessary to convince this guy and not leave any room for doubt. If he's doubtful of our intentions then it's going to be harder to use him as a resource if we need to get the fuck out of that area," she finally said. "But don't touch my boobs," she added as an afterthought. Not that she thought Daniel really would, but she didn't really know the guy that well to be sure he wasn't the type to take advantage of a situation like this.

"That's not a public display of affection, that's molestation," Daniel responded, sounding offended that she'd even think him capable of such a thing. "Shit like that is for the bedroom, not for something to do in front of other people. And," he paused, thinking. "I'll keep my tongue in my mouth. That work for you?"

"I'm not accusing you of anything," she tried to assure Daniel. "But I really don't know you all that much, so it needed to be said because if you were that kind of person, I doubt we'd make a very convincing couple if I beat the shit out of you."

"But yes," she said, "that works."

....Alright, maybe she had a point.
"Yeah, yeah, you're right. Just not used to hearing it." Daniel looked at her, then back at the road. The car topped a gentle rise, then they could see it. The mansion was huge, visible even at this distance because it was lit from within. A lit dirt runway with a Cessna parked on it was just off to their right. "See, that's what happens when you strike it rich treasure hunting."

Amelia let out a small whistle as the mansion came into view. Whatever she had expected coming here, it definitely wasn't this, but it sure was impressive. "Is there anything I should know about this guy?" she asked Daniel as she put the M4 and her gun holster into the bottom of the duffelbag beneath the hotel blanket. She definitely didn't want this man coming across those. She kept the knife strapped to her side, however. Egypt was an unstable enough country that carrying a weapon of self-defense around wouldn't look too suspicious.

(( Sorry. Trying to type with a cat hijacking my hand. And the mouse. ))
"He's...the nervous type. Gets real freaked out around new people. He'll warm up to you pretty quick, though, especially without you packing." Daniel stopped the car in front of the mansion, then pulled off his baseball cap and pushed a hand through his black hair. "Well, babe, how do I look?" he asked her, putting on his most irritating grin.

((Hahah no problem))
"Like an idiot," Amelia said immediately with a roll of her eyes. She hopped out of the Jeep and hauled the bag over her shoulder. "I'm keeping the jacket on, by the way," she called back, leaning against the Jeep and turning to look at Daniel from her spot on the ground. "It'll help us look more realistic, and it's surprisingly warm. I can see why you wear it all the time," she said with a cheeky grin.

Amelia took this moment to inspect the Jeep a bit to make sure it still looked alright. It was covered in dirt and mud, but was otherwise unmarred. A fact which Amelia was grateful for, since it would be hard to explain why there were bulletholes in a rental car.

(( She's pretty adorable, though. You have pets? ))

Daniel got out, grabbing a fairly nondescript black backpack from the back of the Jeep. It seemed to be heavy, probably had his personal possessions in it. Maybe weaponry. Probably lots of weaponry. "You still have the map?" he asked, slinging the pack over his shoulder and walking over to her. "Better not let Asad see it." With that, he offered his hand to her.

(( Yeah, I have a Chow Chow, she's really big and fluffy, it's adorable :D))

Amelia made a face. "No I left it at the hotel," she said sarcastically, before catching herself. "Shit, sorry. We're a couple. I swear that was my last jab at your expense." As she said this, she shrugged the duffelbag higher up on her shoulder. "The map is wrapped in the hotel blanket, we should be fine," she added as she grabbed Daniel's hand. Amelia was proud of herself for only slightly grimacing as she did so.

"Let's get this over with," she mumbled as she leaned into Daniel's side which was oddly warm considering the fact that she was the one wearing his jacket and he had nothing covering his arms at the moment.

(( Aaaaw! Chow Chows are adorable. ^^ ))

"No, no! Keep the teasing. Just smile more when you do it." It'd add a bit of realism to the relationship. Daniel doubted he could settle down with a woman that didn't give him shit, anyway. A thought occurred to him, and he elbowed her gently and smiled, voicing it thanks to his generally filter-less mind. "You should smile more in general, Amelia. You have a pretty smile."

((They are! She's so cuddly and loves to sleep on my bed but she gets real aggressive with people))

"Will do. Believe me, I've got tons of them," she joked. She looked up at Daniel as he elbowed her and smiled slightly at his comment. "Uh, thanks," she said feeling caught off guard at the compliment. "I've never exactly been the smile-type. Broody is more like it," she commented. "You don't seem to have a problem with smiling though." She should keep a tally of every time the man made some joke or cheeky grin or tease, because it seemed to Amelia that this was something the man did often. If she were honest, she would say it was a refreshing change of pace compared to the people she normally dealt with.

(( :3 She sounds like an adorable, fluffy dog.
Side note, I feel awkward getting up this early. o.o ))

"Just...call me an optimist." Daniel smiled yet again, looking at her with raised brows. "I think it's better than going around looking like I have a telephone pole up my ass." He paused, then grinned and looked at her. "Of course, I could do that, if you'd prefer." He stepped up to the door, gently tugging her along with, then pressing what looks like the doorbell. Well damn, he thought to himself, guess Asad's done some renovating. Wonder if he added some basement space. "Forgot to tell you just a minute ago, but this guy, he's a supplier. Got injured and retired from hunting, but he's still got one hell of a weapons collection in the basement."

((hahah what time is it? It's noon where I live))

"Do I really go around looking like that?" she asked, raising a brow at him with a smirk. "I personally thought I came off aloof." Amelia followed Daniel up the steps and stood awkwardly in front of the door. She hoped that this all worked out because if not, she didn't know how they could get around Tamir to the Valley of the Kings. Luckily, they had an edge, Tamir knew nothing of where to go except to follow their lead and they managed to shake him off which bought them a few days before the man caught their scent. However, by now Tamir had men stationed on all the major highways going to any major cities in Egypt. If this Asad didn't fly them to Luxor, then it would be infinitely harder to avoid being found out by Murad Tamir.

At Daniel's explanation of exactly who Asad was, she nodded. "That explains how you know him then," Amelia said simply. "I wish there was a way to get supplies from him without completely tipping him off."

(( Nine thirty. v.v Been up for a bit over an hour and a half. ))
Danny chuckles softly. "I don't get supplies from him. His supplies are more heavy shit than we need. Like, if you have a helicopter, he'll supply machine gun ammo, grenades, and light missiles." He nods back at the airstrip behind them, then gestures at the empty land in general. "Thus the air strip. And all of the goddamn empty space."
The door opened a few seconds later, a Middle-Eastern man sticking his head through the crack. His hair was disheveled, dark in color and curly. Green eyes stared at the two of then, stunned, but only for a moment. "Shit, Danny, get in here!" The door opened wide and the man pulled them both inside.

"Oh, he has those types of supplies," Amelia mumbled as she took a look around the mansion. It sure explained why this mansion was in the middle of nowhere and had so much land. It was impressive though. This man really must have struck it rich. Amelia tensed slightly as the man opened the door and pulled them inside.

She stood there in the center of the large home and looked around, more than slightly nervous, but doing her best not to let it show.

((And man, that is early))

Last edited by a moderator:
The inside of the mansion was...well, it looked like a nerd's bachelor pad. Random things like photos, papers and small artifacts were organized and laid across the tables. Open books sat on chairs, closed ones stacked by them. The furniture was expensive and stylish, under all the crap. The carpet was beige and soft, with white walls. The only decoration, besides the organized chaos, were a few colorful paintings of various locations.
"What the fuck are you doing here, man? Tamir and his goons are on the warpath! It's not safe to be anywhere near that crazy motherfucker right now!" The words were blurred together, almost to the point of being incomprehensible. Asad was freaking out.
"Whoa, man, relax. Tamir? Murad Tamir? That psycho Somali pirate?" Daniel asked, feigning innocence and confusion.
Asad nodded quickly, then looked at Amelia. "Wait, who the hell is this?"

Well, it looks like Tamir has made quite the name for himself already, Amelia thought to herself as Asad went on his rant. Daniel wasn't kidding when he said that Asad was a bit.. edgy. Although, she doubted it went beyond eccentricity with this man. Looking around at all of the artifacts and basing what little she knew of the man from what Daniel said, Amelia guessed that he was the way he was from his past experiences.

If only they weren't in such a hurry and under a cover, Amelia would have loved to talk to this man about his expeditions or even what the simple artifacts were that were strewn about all over. Her eyes kept straying to the artifacts in interest and he obviously knew what he was doing and despite the untidiness, the artifacts looked well-preserved. Men like him were the kinds of people she would usually sell her finds to if they weren't donated to a museum.

Amelia was startled out of her musings as Asad called her out directly. Before Daniel could speak for her, Amelia stepped in. "His wife," she said with a small smile. "My name is Amelia," she said by way of introduction and held her hand out for Asad to shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.