The Book of Mormon

• Thread starter SlamifiedBuddafied
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SlamifiedBuddafied

Original poster
Finally had a chance to see the play, "The Book of Mormon" when they came through Kansas City and I have to tell you, it was an excellent experience. For those who haven't heard of this musical it was written by the very same writers of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, who's views always have a valid point among the absurdity of their presentation.

The Book of Mormon follows Elder Price, a young Mormon who spreads the word of Joseph Smith and the good book of Mormon. Finally recognized in his church as an Elder, a day he has prayed for and awaited for some time to become a missionary. But when his missionary partner is announced and his missionary location are given, his hopes are dashed, but he doesn't give up hope! Sent to Uganda in Africa, a failing missionary camp, where Elder Price and his new seemingly idiotic companion Cunningham discover shaken faith, genital mutilation, cultural boundaries and the absurdities of how people act in the face of intangible beliefs.

I would say more, but I'm afraid my minor summary doesn't do this justice.

It's been awhile since this Broadway style play has gone touring, but I just wanted to share that it is quite an excellent experience filled with almost shocking humor for a musical, yet still grounded with unshakable humanity and passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.