The Bloods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enola jumped from rock to rock on the steep side of the hill. She had planned to travel far today, the weather was just perfect for it. No sun that would scorche her fur or cold that would freeze her bones to the core. Though it could rain later in the day with all those clouds. As soon as she landed on the soft sturdy ground she took a quick glance at the sky. "definitly going to rain." She mumbled to herself, wich had become sort of a habit from all her years alone. With her nose in the air she took a deep breath and let the mild air prickle the senses in her nose. "This is going to be a good day" A happy loud snort and she was on her way, quickly picking up pace.

As the trees swept by and started to blur out of sight, Enola let the forest wash over all her senses. This is what she loved, the feeling of tranquility that was barely sensible at this speed. But it didn't last long as she felt the need to slow down and cool off a bit. She had pushed her limits today. "Walking is nice too." With a wolf grin she walked on in the forest. It was not long before she let the wind that surrounded her play a bit with the leaves and her fur. It gave life to the forest that was already full of life. And the wind started distracting her, seemingly guiding her each step again.

"...to lead a pack." Was the last thing Enola heard before she stumbled upon a strange group of wolves. As soon as she realized that she had wandered of with the wind again her grin dissapeared. The wind that guided her a moment ago and surrounded her died down. For a moment Enola thought that they hadn't seen her yet, so sneaking away was well in her options. Today she didn't feel the need to sociolize, but she knew that they at least should have smelled her or hear her. The least she could do is politly going away. "It seems I have disturbed you. I will leave as I think your discussions aren't meant for strangers ears.I will just pass through for a moment." She closed her eyes for a moment and tried to pass them quietly.

Gem smelled another wolf. He looked over and saw her, he couldnt help but think she was quite a pretty wolf. She semmed shy though, mabey it was just him. As she tried to walk away Gem ran over to her and stood in front of her stopping her. He let out a happy bark, "youre no trouble miss, im Gem, wanna be friends" He said as he once agin rolled over on his back. It was a miricle that Gem was able to make it on his own.

Then he flipped over and heades back to the small group, he kept the new wolf in his sight. "Please dont leave friend." Gem turned back to the warrior. "In case you were wondering the pack wasnt really a full pack. It was just made out of the weak the alpha guarded. Every one in it was due to die. And the Alpha took them in. He was a guardian and a brave one. He followed all his duties as he protected and cared for the weak and lost. His only mistake was caring for me, if he didnt do that mabey he would still be alive." He said as he looked at the warrior.

She glanced at the strange wolf, nodded in greetings and turned back to Gem "very well." She seemed disinterested now and lay down "my Names Coyote by the way" she rolled onto her back and wiggled in the dust, scratching an itch. Satisfied she lay there, legs pressed against her chest, and hind legs splayed out. Not very professional, but she rarely was.

(Not professional at all)
Gem looked at Coyote and smiled. "You dont seem like much of a ruff and toughf warrior." He said as he layed on the ground himself. That was as he smelled somthing, it smelled like Urine. Some pack was marking there territory and slowly coming this way. The odrer didnt seem to be that of a friendly packs either. It had a stench of death to it. Whatever pack was coming was probably hostile. "Guys some pack is coming this way, do you smell it" He said with a worried look, he his behind Coyote. "I dont wanna die."

Enola stopped in her track when the adult pup manouvered in front of her. She didn't exactly know how to react at his submissiveness, there hadn't been any reason to act like that towards her. Her ears were flat in her neck at the moment. She didn't like it, not at all. Before she could say anything the pup, who called himself Gem, walked back to the small group. She decided to stay for a bit longer admitting that the wind must have guided her to them. She turned around again, sat down and listened. She got to know the name af the blue-blood, Coyote. Who was unelegantly scratching her back.

What Gem said perked Enola's attention. She quickly stood up straight and put her nose in the air. She could smell others. With a quick glance at the unnamed wolf she walked towards them. "They must have smelled you." She pointed out as she noticed the injury.

(slow a bit down guys ^^: I'm not a fast typer XD)

"thats just what i want you to think" she rolled to her feet, smelling the pack at the same time. Her jaws opened wide as she tasted the air "its a deathblood group." she decided "and they appear to be staking a claim in the Lifebloods woods, dangerous move" she looked excited "i can take em" her tail wagged and the trees started waving madly above their heads while the ground trembled slightly. Happily, she threw back her head and howled, calling for any guardian that might be there. And for Dusk.

Reactions: loviebeest
Enola stopped in her track when the adult pup manouvered in front of her. She didn't exactly know how to react at his submissiveness, there hadn't been any reason to act like that towards her. Her ears were flat in her neck at the moment. She didn't like it, not at all. Before she could say anything the pup, who called himself Gem, walked back to the small group. She decided to stay for a bit longer admitting that the wind must have guided her to them. She turned around again, sat down and listened. She got to know the name af the blue-blood, Coyote. Who was unelegantly scratching her back.

What Gem said perked Enola's attention. She quickly stood up straight and put her nose in the air. She could smell others. With a quick glance at the unnamed wolf she walked towards them. "They must have smelled you." She pointed out as she noticed the injury.

(slow a bit down guys ^^: I'm not a fast typer XD)
(sorry! )

The fur in Enola's neck stood up straight when Coyote howled. In reaction she started to softly growl. "This isn't my fight. I'm leaving!" She said in a cold voice. She looked at Gem. It was only for a moment but she felt pity for the adult pup. "I advise you to do the same." She was prepared to run but turned around once more. "Also. I'm not your friend. Neither is she or the one who got you in trouble." Enola let a sigh escape, she had felt that she had become tense in that short moment. For a moment she stood still, letting herself relax and feel the air that surrounds her. "If you don't die I will see you around. Maybe we will be friends then." And she ran.

(I can adjust my part of the story when needed ^^No need to apologize.)

"I cant take them." Gem said just as he looked at Coyote. That was when the new wolf stated that nobody was his friend and ran. That comment really hurt Gems feeling. "Is she right", he mumbled to the two wolves still with him. Even if she wasnt right about that, she was right about retreat. Gem couldnt fight. "I have youre scent mabey we can meet up again." He said as he ran after the other she wolf. He had no other place to run to, he couldnt fight and he would rather die then be alone again. He would take his chances with the new one. The new she wolf obviously outran him, but he had her scent mabey he could catch up if he kept on running. So he ran as fast as he could, till he could finnaly she her again in the distance. He ran up within a earshot of her. "I decided to run to, and i didnt know where to run to. So i followed you, please dont ditch me, i cant handle being left alone anymore. It hurts." He said short of breath as he ran alongside her.

After running for a short time Enola slowed down and started walking. She sighed a sigh of relief, happy that she ditched them. Once more she halted, to smell the air this time. She couldn't smell the air of death anymore and was glad too. What she could smell was the adult pup following her. For a moment when she caught his scent she considered to run once more. But she decided against it in the end and just started walking. It didn't take long until she could hear his voice in the distance. Her ears felt irritated from her voice she tought. She stopped and turned to look at him, tail down but ears flat. "If you have knowhere to go then I won't ditch you." She walked towards him to meet him midway. "However, you can't call strangers friends. That means if we meet others you don't call them friends until you know them. If you want to call strangers friends then go with those alright." She gave him one harsh look before she talked with a friendlier tone. "My name is Enola and no I'm not your friend..... Yet" She mumbled the last part. For some reason the whole friend thing had annoyed her the moment he had called her that.

Coyote watched them go and shrugged turning to face the approaching group. A slightly transparent bear appeared by her side "dusk" she greeted and he nodded at her. They grinned at each other and ran into battle against the group of five deathbloods. Coyote fought with a weird grace, her body blurring as she lost herself in the scent of blood and the heat of battle. This was what she was born to do. With a snarl she lauched herself at the leader while the bear faced off the other four. The wolf started to chant and coyote laughed "your magic wont work on me fool" laughing manically she barreled into his side and bit down on a leg, the taste of blood filled her mouth, dark and bitter as Deathbloods so often were. He bit down on her shoulder and she lunged for the throat, feeling her flesh tear as she ripped away from him. He squealed in pain and she let go of the much larger wolf."go home, now!" she snarled "dont make me use my powers, you will regret it!" with a whimper the group turned tail and ran, all of them torn and bleeding. Laughing for joy coyote howled in victory, and Dusk roared alongside her, neither seeming to care that coyote was bleeding profusely from her torn shoulder.

"Ok miss. Enola, no more instant friends. So do you want me to call you Enola or Miss or allie." Gem was confused as to what to call her, he had always refered to people as friends. He didnt know people disliked it so much. "Do you think the warrior and the wounded ones are ok." He said with a slight worry in his voice. He remembered when his mate fought for him much like this. When Gem returned to the scene he was dead. His love was dead, he died defending him. "He died defending me" Gem mumbled without even noticing. Another tear trickled down his face. "He died and left me alone, with no friends, no familily no pack." He didnt even care if Enola was listening. He was really talking to himself.

Coyote, pleased with her success howled one last time then sat down to lick her wounds. She had her injured shoulder, and a long, but not deep scratch down her left side. It was nothing, especially considering how many wolves she had faced at once. She seemed to have forgotten the injured wolf.

Damon felt pretty useless. Everything happened so quickly, he didn't have time for any input. So after the dust settled, he stood as best as he could, limped over to Coyote, and swatted her snout. "Why did you do that? Can't you think first?"

Coyote jumped away and growled playfully "they were invading someone elses land. I did my job. They couldnt of beat me anyways" she darted forward, nipped at his chest and danced away, her tail wagging. The bear, dust slowly faded away and vanished leaving just the two of them. Again.

Damon made no motion to move from his spot, "But you don't know why. They had no quarrel with us, so there was no need to jump to violence. And now both of us are injured, and the only person we know of for miles that can help us, is running away from a fight that didn't need to happen. Not to mention the lifebloods we might've attracted that can no longer distinguish our smell from the deathblood's."

Coyote glared at him "ill heal, very quickly actually. And if id left it alone they would of hurt, and killed many life bloods. Their leader was a very skilled death user. He could of killed them very quickly. Anyways, I'm very familiar with the pack here. They recognize my howl, and my scent, they know im here, and they know who i am. So just drop it and stop teaching me like a puppy, im just doing my job" she turned her back on him and started to walk away.

Damon followed her, continuing his rant, "I'm not getting on to you for stopping them, you did good there. But you didn't handle the situation well. Deathbloods may not be best friends with Lifebloods, but they're not going to invade them for no reason. They're mischievous, not war hungry. There has to be a reason for their actions."

Kodiak heard the struggle and came running to see what was happening. He saw some death-bloods running and he turned and growled at them. One of them faced him as the others kept running. He took a step towards it and slammed his paw down. A dark cloud appeared above it and a loud crash of thunder rumbled through the grass around them. It kept running. He walked toward where they came from and saw some other wolves. He stopped and smelled the air, the smell of death was still there. So he proceeded with caution and ears down. He stopped about 50 feet from them. "Who are you?" He asked in a low gravely voice.

"then you do not know them. They had the deep blue eyes of the bloodstained ones. Most deathbloods are alright. But these are the worst of the worst. They will kill for no reason other than to kill. They are raised to be monsters. I have seen the devastation they cause, whole packs murdered in their sleeps. Puppies left orphaned and alone or killed in cold blood. I can sense the intentions of wolves, and i could feel the taste of blood on them. They were out for war. It is my job to sense such things, and stop wars before they happen. When possible. I was not put here to deal with things peacefully, that is the healers job. Not mine" She didnt hear the newcomer, too angry with the injured wolf "so stop telling me how to do my job, the spirits will judge my actions, not you"

Status
Not open for further replies.