The Blood Moon (Kinda a murder mystery, but with vampires.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you love to change your name don't you...

One thing about your post, though it's nothing major. I can't see it having an effect on anything yet. Vampires cannot eat food. Or rather, they can eat food, but it offers no benefit to them, and it's painful for them to eat. The same goes for drinks. Other than blood, drinks have no benefit to them and are painful to consume. This is because Vampirism is a curse. It's meant to be an eternal punishment for Cain since Cain did some evil crap but it's been a long time since I read the bible so I can't remember what evil crap he actually did. As punishment he was cursed with eternal life, but eternal life where he was unable to enjoy life's pleasures (and at the time, a lot of life's pleasures came from being outside, being in social situations and eating and drinking things.) SO yeah, not a big deal, but if you could avoid having her eat anything in further posts, that'd be great. Also, they're more likely to have baths rather than showers, since vampires are often afraid of running water. I also have a very linear personality set out for the Prince, so if you could refrain from using him that'd be good too. The current prince isn't one to recruit people for assassinations. He prefers to set a Blood Hunt on a target and let any vampire deal with the target at their own discretion.

1) I'll remember next time to have her not eat human food

2) So, is it OK for her to take showers?

3) I didn't know if I should play him or not seeing as he NPC. I was originally going to just have her ask him but I felt like the post was to short (compared to yours)

4) What Rei returned from was basically a Blood Hunt. When she asked if her had any more missions for her she meant if there were any more people he had targeted

She can take showers, since running water doesn't actually hurt vampires, but like most humans are scared of spiders, most vampires are scared of running water since all undead races except for vampires can't touch it. If you want you can make up an NPC of another council member, but since I have plans for both the Prince and Sarah from the shop I described, I'd prefer if people didn't use those people too much.

KK, I was just confused since you didn't mention if we could rp him. I won't do it in the future.

I edited Amaranth's CS. Can you check it over? ^^

Heya. Eh if you don't mind could you explain about the original Vampire that was cursed and his first descendants? Are all the current princess or princesses selected or can there be oc's on them?

Yup that's all good now. I'll be interested to see how long you can keep up the pacifism :D

Cain is a biblical figure, one of two sons of Adam and Eve. Cain was the firstborn and became a crop farmer. Abel, his brother, was the second born and he became a sheep farmer. Cain presented some of his wheat as an offering to God, and Abel presented a newborn lamb as an offering. Now God being the kind of asshole he is, thanked Abel for his offering but did not thank Cain. Cain grew envious of Abel, and murdered him. Now this is where it differs from the bible. According to the bible, he gets cursed so that any crop he tends will always fail and he will become a fugitive. But that's boring so I changed it to vampires. God puts a curse on Cain, so that he cannot ever enjoy the sunlight again, nor the pleasures of food and drink, nor social interaction, and he would live for eternity. Now God being God, he also screwed up with this and accidentally gave Cain a massive quantity of his power alongside the curse. After a while, Cain worked out full control of the curse. He created 6 newborn vampires, which would become the Gen 2 vampires. When he did so, he split his own power into 6 segments, since he didn't want any one person to be equal in power to himself.

The first Feral, the one that comes to be known as Dracula, received the typical vampiric powers. Super strength and super speed, and the ability to change into mist or into a swarm of bats. (Dracula is unique in that he also has a shit ton of other powers, but that'll come later). The first Mask got all of the illusion powers. The first Eye gained the ability to see the future and was so powerful that they managed to predict accurately what would happen 4000 years in the future. The first Gilded became your typical modern day vampire. Relatively resistant to all of the usual vampiric weaknesses, and able to retain their humanity even after considerable time has passed, but not particularly powerful in exchange. Now this is where the stuff starts to go a bit wrong. The first Patterned mainly obtained Cain's emotions of pleasure and delight that he got from being the most powerful creature alive, hence why they're so unpredictable. The First Twisted was created only a few years before Cain went into his hibernation, so the blood passed on was quite weak, and that's why the twisted are so strange. The Mind clan did not inherit any blood from Cain. Instead, they were experimenting with immortality and managed to replicate the exact magic that God used to curse Cain, hence turning themselves into a 7th clan.

Now, about the princes (there are no princesses. A female prince is still referred to as a prince. I know there's no particular reason for this, I just think "vampire princess" sounds kinda strange.) Each Prince rules over a small area of land. Some are more powerful and have bigger domains than others. Domain is expanded and claimed by beating another prince in a territory war. The biggest dominion currently is the region of Siberia, but that's because it's so empty that few vampires see any reason to challenge the current prince. The smallest dominions can be just a single village, however if a dominion is that small then chances are that every human inside has been turned into a Thrall. And no, I only have plans for a few of the Princes, so most of them can be OCs, however, since 98% of vampire princes come into power by combat, if a prince leaves their dominion, then chances are they're not getting it back, so you can be an ex-prince, but you probably won't be able to play as a current prince, since all of the ones of nearby dominions I have plans for.

I'd add in that Amaranth is a pet of the masks, or they see her as a 'pet'. She only listens to them but other than that she lives by her own rules xD But this rp being what it is, she can't remain a pacifist or passive forever, though she'll do her damnedest to try.

Assuming she doesn't get into single combat she could probably survive without attacking simply by letting her teammates kill everything.

She is really strong for her generation, but yeah I see that some others are even of a lower generation than she is. Though she'd probably do some manipulation of others behind the scenes or think out her plans several moves ahead on the board instead of outright attacking.

I'll try to finish a post for her in the IC tonight.

Just sayin', a pacifist wouldn't be very strong. A vampire's strength comes from how much they practice but if she's never been in combat then she'll be weak. A pacifist (assuming they don't drink) will also have a very low blood pool, so regardless of generation they'll be much weaker than even younger vampires are. Not to mention that Masks only have illusion magic. Only the Mind and Gilded clans can use magic to directly cause harm. The rest of the clans have to rely on physical strength and speed, and physical weapons to do damage. Even Dracula, the most powerful living vampire (He surpasses even Cain) has to rely on physical strength for killing. The only magic he has is actually a binding curse. He's only at about half strength because of it.

She drinks from humans regularly, from her human 'guardians' or 'parents', humans she has beguiled or charmed into following her.

I think in her earlier years (the years leading up to her 1000 years) would be inevitably violent, considering the time periods and the wars. That means she has shed and consumed other vampires before. She also follows her orders from the Masks, up to killing or consuming others. Maybe I should clarify that her version of a 'pacifist' is someone who doesn't actively look for conflict, but if she's provoked she could be just as vicious as any other vampire. Her telekinesis and telepathy are skills or abilities she had before she was transformed, as well as her capacity for magic, though it's limited to healing and illusions, any other form would never be as strong as a Mind's or a Gilded's can.

Ah that makes more sense. Though she's not a pacifist then. She's just someone who doesn't go out of their way to find trouble. Due to the nature of vampires though, her telekinetic and telepathic powers would slowly diminish over time. They'd still be strong, but the instincts of a vampire cause them to rely on their blood more than their soul, so they would subconsciously favour the use of their blood-given abilities rather than the things they already knew or learned. Also, all vampires have stunning powers of healing. They can convert their blood directly into new material to replace flesh lost from damage they take. Only the speed at which this occurs differs between individuals.

Oh, and I'm sure I don't have to point out that the charmed humans will inevitably die. Even if they were turned into Thralls, their maximum lifespan, assuming they don't die of disease or some other cause beforehand, is in the vicinity of 120 years. They basically gain an extra 50% maximum lifespan. If they would have died at age 50, they would die at age 75 instead.

My god I'm so stupid. While doing research for my latest post it turned out that for maybe 8 months I had never realised that "Alucard" (the name taken by modern day Dracula in an anime I was watching) was "Dracula" backwards...

Generation: 14
Appearance:

aryll_04_by_moxie2d-d5r4p6z.jpg

Species: Eyes
Clan: N/A
Personality:

There are few words to describe Tenchi.
The best words to describe her are "Absolutely Ordinary." While she is short compared to many others and frequently is caught staring off into space, her attention span is unfathomably large and she enjoys spending time in caves. (Like, a lot. It's kind of weird.) When confronted, Tenchi tends to shys away, and burrows deeper into her hole of a personality.. she's not good with physical contact, and has kept by with her expertise in illusionry and the arcane arts, and obviously, forseeing the future.
She attempts to shy away from almost any social situation she encounters, which severely effects her ability to communicate and recognize the people around her. Her friends used to call her "The mouse." For this reason.
Backstory:
Tenchi was born in a small hospital, and left there. Prior to being taken in by one of the younger nurses, she had a twin, who was stillborn. Tenchi was given her name from her extremely vivid imagination. Her adoptive mother, fed her and took care of her until she 7 years old. She was ripped out of her mothers hands, and her mother watched as the mere life was drained from her small, bony figure.

I'm afraid I'm not gonna accept that. No vampire would turn a 7 year old into a vampire. A 7 year old is still mentally very unstable and a vampire stops aging, so they will permanently have the brain of a young child, which is not very compatible with vampirism. They're also the Eye clan no less, who are the most careful when it comes to selecting newborns.

Status
Not open for further replies.