The Black Tontine Signup & Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tabs keep breaking and I have no idea why. Does anyone know why the code keeps generating duplicates of itself and refuses to be edited?.

I think if you're using the rich text editor and you have any kind of coding shit in before you add the tabs it fucks the whole thing. I suggest you clear all formatting and do it all by code. It's a tricky beast though for sure.

Anyway, are you planning to be a Sorceror, @Moogle-Girl ?
Probably, but is there a list of jobs out yet?

Attributes:
4 - Intellect
3 - Willpower, Composure
1 - Fitness

Skills:
4 - Occultism, Academics
3 - Persuasion, Awareness, Medicine, Taming
2 - Defense, Stealth, Artisan

+1 Academics, Occultism, one other Skill.
Assuming this is separate from the above, +1 to Taming please!

Reactions: Excession
Ah, cheers @CAS - I remember having that problem intermittently on a different board with the same software.

Probably, but is there a list of jobs out yet?

Not yet, but a sampling would be:

Academy Clerk (little to no sorcerous talent, but given a nice desk job anyway)

Academy Silencer (functionally an assassin with a bit of magic)
Academy Sorcerer (full-time Academy researcher, probably taught some classes)
Academy Student

Although the choices you made are just fine, so can slap the word Sorcerer on and be done tbh. I'll just need to write down the spells you'd have access to.

I read "Open Signups" and the opening gives me a Dark Souls/Davey Johns vibe. If your thread is accurately labeled, I'm in, although I haven't immediately decided on nationality/caste combo yet, perhaps if you were to flesh out the Carto & Hispalis tab I could make a decision. Were I to have to choose now, I'd lean towards a Gaule Academy Ward.

Although the choices you made are just fine, so can slap the word Sorcerer on and be done tbh. I'll just need to write down the spells you'd have access to.
Ahh, yeah that sounds good.

[Peeps in head]

If it is open signups I wouldn't mind taking a crack at a Gaule silencer, but if I'm a touch late I understand! ^^

I read "Open Signups"
[Peeps in head]

If it is open signups I wouldn't mind taking a crack at a Gaule silencer, but if I'm a touch late I understand! ^^
It is indeed still open, though ultimately any submission has to meet with my approval. I'm far more likely to simply discuss alterations than reject anyone, though.

if you were to flesh out the Carto & Hispalis tab I could make a decision.
Working on it, it's just taking some time due to lack of familiarity. I may also add Devlet-i Âliyye in the meantime.

Question: would occultism cover magic resistance as well?? The only two skills which would really be dominant for my character would be strength & defence so I'm thinking of how to flesh him out a little more.

What about stuff like Craft and Sailing that would relate to physical labor? :o

• Thank You
Reactions: Krimp
Heads up:

I'm unavailable this weekend, but I'll go the complicated route and have something up Monday if I don't work. Gonna roll high on ranged, and in administration, craft, and athleticism most likely.

What about stuff like Craft and Sailing that would relate to physical labor? :o

Good point! I was shirking away from Craft cos I was thinking this guy is not really that great with fine motor control, but I just saw that artisan is there as well which would cover what I was thinking of as craft. Thanks!

@Excession

Since I'm going for a pauper, does that mean I'm already going to have a point in stealth, and so on?

Posting this so I don't forget what I was thinking about stats later. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow night to add the actual character part to the sheet.

Attributes

Pick one Attribute to be 4 - Strength
Pick two Attributes to be 3 - Fitness, Intuition
Pick one Attribute to remain at 1 - Intellect
All other Attributes are 2.

Skills

Pick 2 Skills to be rated 4 - Melee, Defence
Pick 4 Skills to be rated 3 - Sailing, Athletics, Craft, Subterfuge [insert dramatic gopher]
Pick 3 Skills to be rated 2 - Awareness, Occultism, Persuasion [persuasion with fists]

+1 to any three Skills except Occultism.
Going to add to Melee, Defence, and Subterfuge... Because no one ever suspects the great, big dumb dead guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Excession
Alright, here's who I happened to spit out. Tell me if there's anything I need to tinker--I pretty much wrote him up on the fly, I'm open to tweaking things if need be. ^^

So let's introduce...​

Name

Oleander Wysor

What You Remember

In life, one of Gaule's academy wards. A strong believer in the church. His magical training was in mainly disarming and paralysis spells, and was integrated into part of the secret police, as so many are. A fan of rules and regulations. Distinctly remembers having to end a few lives as part of the job, and never thinking much of it. Studious by nature. Died to a nasty group of raving Albion pirates (so he recalls, maybe it's just a bias against the country), and had to sew his head back on himself when the curse took effect. As corruption spread, Oleander found his work as what he calls a 'watchword'--Seeking out anyone going against the word of the Lord and eliminating and / or changing them at any cost.

Appearance

Oleander is rather birdlike--Thin and scrawny in stature, with a long and prominent nose and eyes that always look like they're peeking at you. He wears large spectacles, though both lenses are rather cracked. His hair is unkempt and black, his skin having a very noticeable pallor (and not just because of eternal undeath) and darker rings around his eyes to make them look sunken. He's rather tall. Much of the time, he's wearing old academic or church robes--The hood of which always conspicuously rumples in a particular way as to cover his neck. Looking under there you'll see the threads used to reattach his head from where it was severed from his demise--You can't live life without a head, you know. Even if it's an...Accursed life.

Attributes
Strength - 1
Dexterity - 3
Fitness - 2

Intellect - 3
Intuition - 2
Willpower - 2

Bearing - 2
Guile - 4
Composure - 2
------------------

Physical Skills
Awareness - 4
Athletics -1
Defense - 1
Melee - 1 (+1)
Stealth - 3 (+1)
Sailing - 1
Thievery - 1

Mental Skills
Academics - 3
Artisan - 1
Craft - 1
Medicine - 2
Occultism - 2 (+1)
Navigation - 1
Investigation - 3

Social Skills
Empathy - 1
Leadership - 1
Persuasion - 4
Perform - 1
Taming - 2
Subterfuge - 3

Oh, right, character bios. Are we clear to start putting those up, then?

Will update this post later. What I'm thinking for skills and attributes:
Pick one Attribute to be 4 - Guile
Pick two Attributes to be 3 – Strength, Dexterity

Pick 2 Skills to be rated 4 - Thievery, Stealth.
Pick 4 Skills to be rated 3 - Subterfuge, Awareness, Athletics, Melee
Pick 3 Skills to be rated 2 – Investigation, Persuasion, Navigation.

[BCOLOR=transparent]+1 Stealth, Awareness, and gonna go with Subterfuge as the final +1 skill. [/BCOLOR]

Oh, right, character bios. Are we clear to start putting those up, then?
As much or as little as you see fit, yeah.

And questions are always good, even though in some cases I might answer 'you'll have to find out.'

All looking good so far, folks. I've been doing some jobhunting lately so I've not been around. Sample list of Sorcerous spells soon. How's everything coming along?

I've hit the stage in the semester where all of my excellent procrastinating has left me up the proverbial creek. That being said, I've got all the basics there already so it shouldn't really be that difficult to cobble something together.

When the stars align and I'm gifted with both time AND energy at the same time (read: some time in the next couple days) I will have a properly formatted sheet up!

Here's what I've whipped up. Let me know if something needs fixing!

Name: Silex Amoro

What You Remember: Silex remembers being in charge. He was once a high-ranking sorcerer who used his powers to learn all he could about magic and how the human body responds to it, and if lesser citizens had to be disposed of during an experiment, that was fine by him. The spells he used and the results of most of his experiments are still fresh in his memory, but he's lost track of the names and faces he once interacted with, rich or poor. He also remembers having a sister, a younger one named Lyra, but isn't sure what she looks like or where she is.

Appearance: Silex's serene expression, impressive height, and gaunt face intimidate many people on first impression, and he hasn't aged well either with all the stress in his life and all the time he spends indoors. His skin is pale and premature wrinkles line his cold, black eyes. His hair is just as dark and reaches his shoulders. It tends to look slightly greasy, and the bold white skunk stripe running down the side doesn't exactly call attention away. Even his bony hands tell much of his storied past, his fingers moving with deadly precision, not a tremble in sight.

Attributes
Strength 2
Dexterity 2
Fitness 2

Intellect 4
Intuition 2
Willpower 3

Bearing 2
Guile 2
Composure 3
------------------

Physical Skills
Awareness 3
Athletics 1
Defense 2
Melee 1
Stealth 2
Sailing 1
Thievery 1

Mental Skills
Academics 5
Artisan 2
Craft 1
Medicine 3
Occultism 5
Navigation 1
Investigation 1

Social Skills
Empathy 1
Leadership 1
Persuasion 3
Perform 1
Taming 4
Subterfuge 1

Name: Benny Capor

What you remember: Robbery, murder, and most of all the feel of gold in his hands are most of what Benny recalls from his former life. Not fortunate enough to receive a formal education, in addition to dying already, he retains hardly any recollection of learning he received, and is unable to read, write, or speak advanced English.

Appearance: Benny is a little less than six feet with a slight hunch. Skin once pale has been beaten into a dark shade by the sun, and his brown hair has grown out in a greasy, uncombed mess. There is a musty smell around his gaunt frame, unnoticeable in the damp alleys he called home, but now evident in the coffin boats. Upon his thin face is often found a cruel smile, or even more common, his mouth simply hanging open.

Attributes:

Pick one Attribute to be 4 - Guile
Pick two Attributes to be 3 – Strength, Dexterity

Skills:

Pick 2 Skills to be rated 4 - Thievery, Stealth.
Pick 4 Skills to be rated 3 - Subterfuge, Awareness, Athletics, Melee
Pick 3 Skills to be rated 2 – Investigation, Persuasion, Navigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.