The Binding of the One without a home and that Who

• Thread starter Rain of the Night
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Satyra, #38ACEC, solid"]
bfe578cc-8a51-47fe-93ea-beaa5be1c61b_zpstosfrqsf.jpg

She felt the body in her grasp shift and ignorant to what was happening, she had to see. It was strange for Merrek to change within her arms. It has never happened before and just as she caught a glimpse of...the creature, a cry of fear escaped her lips and she felt herself pushing him away and propelling herself backwards, heart drumming in her chest at the sight of the vile creature that she now knew resided inside Merrek. She couldn't tell what hurt her more, whether the knowledge of his suffering having formed into something like this, or the fact that something like this actually resided in her lover. The skin, the mouth full of sharp teeth - a nightmare coming to life, if it wasn't for the bronze hues and the still falling tears which were the only point of reference for Satyra to reassure her that she hasn't fallen into madness of her own. The turmoil has also ceased within their threads even though Satyra's were still in a knot. Then the Truth came and it felt like a stab at her heart that she felt quite literally, producing a pained noice with no tears coming. She seemed to have cried them all already.

"Faireheart..." The sorceress whispered in disbelief even if her mind already knew that it was the only right answer. The phoenix that she cared for, that she held so dear to her heart even after he has changed her has indeed been what his nature always was - destruction. How could it be? Her own mind threw the answer at her. It was the image of the oppressive feeling of destruction she felt when she visited his core, the barrier that was damaged but the energy within it too great for her to mend it. It is not his fault... A whisper that resonated within her, a wisp of hope for redemption. She always knew he had this power inside him, but her human morals sugar coated the actual possibility of Faireheart ever doing so. Now, she saw the very outcome of his nature right in front of her and it didn't make anything easier. All the words that the being has spoken did not fit its image which was only further distorting the sense of reality in the sorceress's mind and Satyra had to look...no turn away. She was too confused, too conflicted. Two men she has loved, one with passion, the other with heart, have both been victims of their damaged core. Something, she knew that she could not repair with her powers and love only reached so far.

Fresh sobs escaped her even as she covered her mouth to muffle them. Tears she thought she lost trailed down her cheeks like hot, burning wax. How could she help, when it was so clear that she was powerless...weak in the face of greater existence?
"I...want to help...I do. I love...you. But...how can I help you? I am...a speck...I..." ...feel so helpless. Her words were disjointed by the whimpers that by the end took over her whole body. In the face of madness, one could either accept it, or fight it off. Satyra has accepted it without regret, suffered it herself even if for a moment, but in the true face of it as it stared at her with the eyes she knew but form that frightened her, she was no longer certain Merrek's choice of alleviation he thought he found her, was well placed. Never did she doubt herself like now, when she saw the consequences of eternity of suffering and the reasons for it that were just heartbreaking.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Merrek, gold, solid]Being pushed away should have felt like his skin being teared apart from his flesh, a sudden thrust to his heart, but the Demon had no such feeling. He was the personification of all that was hidden deep within the being that was Merrek; his dark desires, his lust to kill, his temptations, his sorrows, his pains… It all gave way to a being made of terrible emotions, but in this moment, Satyra proved to have more power than she knew of herself. This beast was tamed, contrary to most other times he had been released… His eyes stayed on the young Sorceress as she remained confused and fearful. He dared not to approach, in consequence of turning her against him. He remained stoic, with a psychopathic smile on his sliced lips. He could not provoke more fear out of her… And yet, there came the tears once again, but they held a different weight.

Her words immediately made the demon spring into action, closing the gap between them in the blink of an eye. His twisted hands grabbed her by the shoulder straps and quickly picked her off the floor, coming face to face. "Stop thinking you are worthless, Satyra!" That vileness had returned, words of a madman being spoken. "You have tamed a part of me most cannot even stand in front of! There is hope! Mortals are lucky to have hope!" His words weighed heavy as he held her by her robes. "All I need is you to love me! That's all! Your presence appeases me, your kisses tame me! Your soul makes me feel alive!" He then let go, stepping back. "Do not be afraid… I will never come to harm you… I will always cherish you. And you've done more than the greater existence could ever help me with!" The chaos wanted to surface, a sign that it was time for him to let go. From the ground rose dark smoke that enveloped Merrek for just a moment, enough so that it dissipated, revealing the blonde haired, white robed Dealer… His eyes were to the ground, his entire body trembling. "Satyra… I'm sorry…You had to live this…"
[/fieldbox]

Satyra released a frightened scream as she was picked up so roughly, the vileness in the voice of a man she loved rattled her core. She felt in danger. She did not think she was worthless, just powerless in helping the man who captured her heart. But there and then she also felt extremely vulnerable. This...thing was nothing like the Merrek she knew even as his words cut into her consciousness.

The moment he let go, she had to take a few steps back, hands coming to cover her face. Could she believe that the demon would not hurt her? He was...he seemed to be thriving on suffering. With her eyes not seeing the change back because she was still sobbing and afraid to see the split smile of insanity, Satyra wasn't looking at Merrek as he spoke next. They were both shivering wildly, shaken by the experiences, revalations and truth spoken.

After a while of silence, that wetted her palms with tears, she dared to lower her fingers a little, seeing that there was no longer the nightmarish creature, but her lover standing in its place. How could this happen? How could the perfect moment turn into lifetime worth of heartache? She didn't know what to say. Words failed her. They were both apologizing through the short course of time for things that might or might not have been their fault. But what did it matter? She needed to see all this and Merrek needed to show her. It was inevitable, sooner or later.
"Merrek, I..." Satyra breathed out with a weary step forth, fingertips lightly touching upon the robe on his chest and even more warily ascended to brush against his cheek. No split smile. No eerie feeling creeping into her soul. Yet, her hand traced its journey back down and balled into a small lose fist at her chest as she closed the rest of the distance between them, forehead against his shoulder, body pressed into his seeking the comfort of his arms. She couldn't fear him. She shouldn't. She wouldn't.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Merrek, gold, solid]Regret. That's all that he could feel after letting the demon out of the cage deep within his soul. It had been a strange thing to observe, especially since the demon within wasn't as easy-going and as serious as it had been with the young sorceress. He could remember the day his jealousy had taken him, the day someone else had begun to love the blue haired fairy. It was unexplainable how it triggered such a jealousy, but it caused it to unleash itself in a world that was devoid of anyone he could harm… The madness that just spewed out of his mouth was enough to send an entire population into insanity and despair. It was a wonder Satyra was still near, thinking she would have ran away after seeing the beast that hid deep into his being.

Yet, he felt fingers graze his chest, not having heard the steps. He lifted his chin to see Satyra, clearly afflicted by the presences of the twisted aspect. Her fingers reached to his cheeks, a soft retribution to his terrorized emotions… She came to put her head onto his shoulder. Almost immediately, his arms wrapped around her shoulders, gentle sobs being the only sound that came to be. He held onto her tightly, again fearing she might vanish from his arms… Would this be a scar he would never be able to make disappear? It was a thought that would soon be drown out by the need to comfort this woman who had lived through so much in so little. "Forgive me… Satyra…" He whispered, his fingers combing through her hair, wishing to bring ease to her surely troubled mind. "I wish I never would have let it out…"
[/fieldbox]

Satyra came to grasp at his robes as he enfolded her in his arms. She could still see the split smile on the reverse side of her eyelids, the sharp teeth, the horrifying sensation it emanated from the being. Shaking her head, she tried to get rid of the image as well as show her weak disagreement with Merrek. "It was the only way for me to understand. I had to see it." The sorceress replied, finding comfort in the gentle strokes on her hair, feeling calm slowly washing over her frightened mind. She was no longer sobbing, her body ceasing to shake, but the imbalance inside her was never so pronounced as it was after witnessing the demon.

Slowly lifting her gaze to meet his, her hands finally found the way onto his cheeks, cradling his face softly. It was him, the Dealer, and he was part of so many personalities that to see him as a singular entity was no longer possible. Everyone had strong feelings, but only this man formed them into beings of all kinds. Accepting one but refusing the other was not an option.
"I will learn to accept all of you, Merrek. I promise. Just give me time and I will come to love every single one of you." Satyra told her lover sincerely, her hand lightly smoothing out the hair against his temple. There was no harm done. Whatever the shock may be, it would subside and in time be forgotten.

However, to Satyra this place has long lost its alluring sensation. It felt to be as exhausted as her soul and her eyes trailed towards the tree line.
"Maybe it will be better if we walk back into the village. Clear our minds in the forest." There was much to be pondered on and maybe she could even walk past his grave to remind herself of the reasons, anchor herself back into reality since her mind seemed to be spiraling elsewhere.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Merrek, gold, solid]There could have been many other ways to show the Sorceress the madness that had been growing within his soul of the thousands of years of existence; maybe a display from his orb of water, or even just a vision directly poured into her mind instead of 'living' it with him, causing a serious scar to the mind. His body, just like hers, had ceased its quivering, but he held a note of disappointment, to have been weak enough to let the demon come forth in such a way. There were other ways… but this one was the one that surfaced. It was too late now.

A gentle touch came to his cheek, which made the man look down upon the young sorceress who had lived through all of this. Even through the course of their short encounter with his memories and that of his inner demon, she still stood by him. She still loved him after all of this. His eyes softened at this beauty, of how a mortal had come to love him even with the madness that hid behind the smile… Many others had come to it, but so few knew of that that lay deep within his soul. The strength she held was unlike any other, knowing also the deep connection she held with Faireheart. She even came to hold that she would love all of him, that he was one with all the aspects. This did come to place a smile on his lips as she ran her fingers along the hair near his temple. "Thank you… Just… Never give up. Please." He asked, though needed to answer.

To the suggestion of leaving this place, he could only look around and nod. "I think it would be best, yes." He answered back softly, going by her side, arm around her waist. Although the energies brought brightening memories, the past events would leave a sour taste to it and it would be best they leave until their minds were at ease with everything. The two began walking away from the Ceremonial Hall, leaving behind the memories as they could, and moving forward to the people who would certainly bring joy and distractions to them.
[/fieldbox]

It was her plan and intention to never give up. Whilst the immense possibilities within his soul scared her to a certain extent in more ways than another, she would not go back on her promise. She would not turn around and leave him behind just to add to those scars that covered his mind. This went beyond love for Satyra wasn't blinded by it. This was commitment to a cause that she found worthy even if it meant sacrificing the rest of her living days to it. Yet still, she needed to realize that tying herself to this man, meant a same fate for her like for Pasia. However, great deeds always come with great sacrifices. Every Promian was taught this lesson by the legends of their mother Goddess.

Walking away from the place which she hoped would bring longer lasting joy to both of them, Satyra couldn't help but feel light bitterness on her tongue. She should have realized the consequences of her curiosity sooner, but it was too late now, to wish for the time to go back and so she tried to erase this tinge of displeasure with herself by wrapping her own hand around Merrek's waist in a mirroring action. This time, she stirred them in a slightly different direction as they walked, taking a different, less trod path. The surroundings did not change much, but in a moments notice a small rising in land protruded from the earth between the trees, with moss covering the ground and on top was a singular, stone erected as if to mark a grave. Satyra swayed her eyes towards it, slowing down in her steps, but not coming to a stop. For now a sight of it would have to suffice. They were gone from the village for too long and for all she knew the Elders might have already be looking for her. Another time, father... Satyra whispered in her mind, unaware whether Merrek would hear it or not, but the ethereal sensation of longing lightly plucked at the strings that connected them. Just a little longer and the trees started to break apart, showing the distant village and a boy running through the field.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Merrek, gold, solid]They would finally be stepping out of this sanctuary of life and balance, a much needed action that would come to sooth the churning mind of the Ky'lin who wished for nothing more than peace for the both of them. They had experienced the incredible in such a sort moment, but favorable and undesirable. It was a price to pay for being one, their souls compensating for their intimate attachment of the life threads that kept them within the world of the living. However, Merrek couldn't himself to look back at the Ceremonial Hall in certain appreciation; this had permitted him to show the Sorceress the past and present of his life and all it faults. There were sufferings that one needed to live through in order to liberate them of a barrier that would be set by natural instincts; the fear of the unknown. Mortal minds were certainly an interesting thing to look into, like the Dealer was so used to doing.

His eyes would return to the front once they would be walking away, into another direction that Merrek had not taken before. His curiosity would have gotten him to ask why they were veering off the trail, but the silence that had placed itself upon them would best remain unbroken. This would allow the whims of the woods to repress down the tidal wave of emotions just previously lived. But they held each other lovingly, knowing this was a step forward in the understanding of their love and their joint life. His eyes wandered around from the canopy, descending upon the undisturbed soil of this forest. So used to concrete walls and steel… This aspect would spend time in business meetings, cars, cities, so this was certainly a surprising change of décor.

The small changes to the surroundings didn't go unnoticed; the mound and the gravestone being hard markers to miss. Though, this was not was truly caught his eye. Their walking pace had changed, slowing down. As he would glance to the young sorceress, her hues would come to look at the stone he had noticed. He did the same, his head gently turning to look at the stone… Someone she knew? Given the small populace, it was most likely she would know who was buried here, though the who was still a mystery. A barely audible whisper hit his ears, but the words didn't enounce itself well enough for the Dealer to discern it. What did linger was a want of something, a pull towards the grave stone… Was it the threads trying to tell him something, or was it the desire of the young sorceress? It was strange to consider that it could now belong to the sorceress and not his own. His gaze returned to the young sorceress as they continued, seeing that there was something the sorceress wanted here, but nonetheless continued on… What had this been?

The two would be coming back near village view, and who else would be running around and towards them than the little Toman who held a little smile on his lips… And almost like a second nature, the Dealer put on his light, warm smile on his lips as the little one came forth to them. Toman had run up to them, quickly shooting out that the Elders would have the both of them see them. Merrek himself showed no sign of being unwilling to do this. Merrek nodded to the boy and looked at the Sorceress. "Let us meet them." He said softly, waving his hand gently in front of him, a small ball of purple energy forming before the three of them. "You want to see a new trick, Toman?" He said with a great smile as he snapped his fingers. Slowly, the purple ball turning into a large, oval shaped energy that swirled innocently. "Just step in after you see me over there, alright?" He spoke as he pointed near the village. Knowing the boy would surely be all for it. He separated himself from Satyra, walking towards the portal. "Satyra will walk in with you." He said before waving at the two. His body walked through, and in a split second, he was near the village, and he turned towards them, giving them a bigger wave to tell them to cross. This would surely bring a lighter mood to Satyra, seeing the young one all excited.
[/fieldbox]

Wishful thoughts. Heavy memories. Hopes that soared to the sky and dipped towards the ground with realization of the future, stopping lightly close from crashing down onto her shoulders. It will take time to sort through everything for either of them and neither could hope to fully understand it all this instance. Hence, as they broke away from the tree line, it wasn't only his smile that she saw on his face from the corner of her eyes, it was everything that this place meant for her which helped her grasp onto her mind and calm it. All that has happened to her within the forest, the field, the village. All that made her up as a being and prepared her for the uncertain times to come. She was ready to delve further into the mysteries, separate herself from the old aches, face those who might question her choice, discourage her even. It wasn't bravery she felt as Toman relayed that the Elders wanted to talk to them, it was resolve to not repeat old mistakes, bring one last torment in order to start afresh. It was a decision that she knew, she had to make, no matter how scandalous it would be. They would all understand in time.

Hence, even her eyes softened with seeing the familiar portal, yet the unknown and intriguing to Toman, who even before being asked, pattered to her side and held her hand as he witnessed the purple orb growing. Merrek might have been a man, but with his eons of living with various civilization, he certainly built a good sense how to alleviate one's mood and bring smile onto the young faces of children who are yet to discover the deeper meanings of life.
"Just hold my hand, Toman. There is nothing to be afraid of." Satyra told the boy as she felt his small hand tighten around hers even as Merrek waved at them from afar. She waved in response before taking that one step that she took so many times before, with the child clinging to her.

In a blink of an eye, they stood next to the Dealer. Toman with his eyes shut, holding tight onto Satyra's robes but once his huge brown hues saw that they traversed the distance faster than anything he has seen before, he was bouncing up and down in front of Merrek, hands held up high excitedly, pleas of 'again! again!' cutting through the air on his joyful laughter. As Satyra walked around the two, her hand just like before appreciatively coming to brush against Merrek's back, she noticed the small congregation of younglings not so far away. Their faces a picture of awe and coy hesitation that only a child possesses for but a fraction of a moment before it grasps onto that fluttering bravery and dashes forward to join in something that seems exhilarating. But her eyes saw further. She saw the adults, taking to Merrek, to his ability to entertain children and keep them happy. Teach them even, if he wished to share. Whilst his methods were unknown to her tribe, no one questioned them. No one would want to. He was a sorcerer in his own right in their minds and as such there was no reason for a doubt. And even further than that, there she could feel the calm awaiting of their arrivals. The three Elders patiently expecting them inside the village's hall. Three wisdom filled individuals that Satyra owed much to but now had to almost renounce in order to free herself, to be able to follow her promise...her love.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Merrek, gold, solid]The Dealer awaited their quick arrival with warmth. Arms to the side, he greeted the both of them with his ever present smile. The little man had closed his eyes for the voyage through space, but he opened them up, only to be excited. It was something about youth that Merrek was unfortunate not to have lived; the discovery of everything. His coming into existence had him already set with intelligence and wisdom of someone who had grown up as they needed. The mortals had the gift of having to learn and discover everything, a gift he wished he could have had. In a certain way though, he had to learn about the energies around him and how to use them, something not many were gifted of living. These easily impressed minds were a soft siren to his soul, telling him he was making those around wonder and think.

Pleas began for the trick to be performed one more time, to which he could only but oblige… Satyra's hand was another push for him to know he was doing well in the little shows of magic he was giving to the young ones. Just as he was going to show a small trick like that again, there came a more children. His eyes lifted to the ground as they joined in the excitement of what else could be done and that they too wanted to be transported like Toman had. He wished to maybe do something a little flashier, though nothing too extravagant that would frighten them. Yet, the Elders had wished to see them. He would need to go through this first before entertaining the youth of the village. Though, he couldn't leave without given them something… And so, he knelt down to the gathered group and waved them closer. "I have something for you all, a gift from me to you who have a lot to learn…" He spoke in a whispered voice. "… I can't do my 'move quickly' magic just now. The elders want to speak to me and Satyra. But, I promise I will show more during the day." He wouldn't want to disappoint them, after all. He needed to keep their minds busy.

He reached to one of the young ones, 'pulling' a crystal card from under their chin. This one held a soft blue note of color, thin… But when you looked closer, there was something inside! A darker shade of blue was used for the effect, and it was like smoke moving inside it. "This card is very special." He said carefully, handing it to one of the children gathered. Just as he pulled away, he kept his fingers pressed down onto the crystal card… And another card formed! Though this time, it had notes of red. This one, he handed to another child. "If you pull on the card, it makes a new one." He added. "There will only be a card for each of you, each with different colors. You can exchange them, play with them, put them back together and see which card you pull out next time!" He stood back up. "And, each of the cards holds something special that you can discover! And if you ever see me walking around and want a hint, you can ask me…" He then looked over to Satyra, adoration in his hues. "… But I encourage you to discover by yourselves." He laughed softly. "Have fun!" He said joyfully, before he began walking away with Satyra, towards the village hall.
[/fieldbox]

Oh the magic tricks! Illusions so beyond their imagination they could only look on in pure, infantile astonishment. The girl that the first card was passed onto squeaked in enthusiasm, seeing the card multiply in colourful ways just like the rainbow they sometimes caught a glimpse of. The moment that Merrek said that there would be a card for every single one of them and that they can put them back together and try anew, he was soon forgotten among the group of younglings who were all pulling at each other's possession, testing, seeing, experiencing. Satyra observed the ruckus with a soft smile that was almost identical to each of those adults who stood by as well. Only hers had that undertone of knowing. The awareness of where these card came from and how they were so easily made. As Merrek rejoined her, he could feel the lighter mood on her thread despite the seriousness of the upcoming event. He could feel on the web of their joint souls that he was the silver lining around the dark cloud.

As they started to make their way to the village hall, many a parent gave Merrek a wide smile and a nod of appreciation. This way, their children would be occupied and the grown ups themselves would be able to do their daily work. In no time at all, they arrived at the hut roughly in centre of the village. It was a larger construction than the ordinary dwellings. The village gathered in there for important happenings like weddings, collective decision making and other. It was a large one open room, with fire in the centre on where large beasts could be cooked, yet now it was cleaned out and dark. The three elders were sitting around it with Etos sitting between the women, as he would be heading this congregation. Chairs and tables were known to the people of Promia, however, those were neatly organized around the four walls of the hall and there was no need to move them for this small gathering.

"Please, sit down." Etos spoke out calmly, gesturing to the place on the opposite side of the dormant fire ring. The hall was lit only through the few windows it had, giving it somewhat a dim but not gloomy feel. It felt enclosing and oh so personal. Satyra obeyed the kindly spoke order and sat down cross-legged, her eyes brushing over each of the Elder, heart starting to drum in her chest as she truly had no idea what their pondering and wisdom has brought them to. There was a long moment of quiet during which the Elders looked equally back at the sorceress and Merrek. Maybe expecting them to burst into explanations, maybe just reconsidering their ruling. At long last, it was Etos yet again to break the sound of silence.

"Satyra," he spoke her name heavily, almost as a sigh of a worried parent, "no one can know where you come across those who you bring into our tribe. First, you bring Haion's manifestation to us. The one you called Faireheart. Whilst we could never be more grateful for his gift, we also still remember the weeks when you laid in bed unable to as much as feed yourself without someone's help. He blessed with you something that your body was struggling to accept and only you know if you are still facing challenges. But even now your constant connection to your power is drawing on your own life force, weakening you and shortening your life . You could understand our worries then. But now..." His eyes shifted to Merrek, dark prediction inside his hues, and the frown on his forehead was not a play of shadows. "...now you bring to us a man who, without the need to lie, isn't of this world. The moment I looked at your thread...Satyra...you're not your own." It was the best way he could put his observation into words. He saw her connection to Merrek. He saw the web, the synchronized beating of their hearts, the pulsations of their life threads feeding each other. He was desperate to relay something and he would have uttered it there and then, if Deva didn't place a hand on his arm to stop him for reasons known only to her. Maybe, she deemed it too soon to put forth their decision.

In such way, the Elders have passed on the right to speak to each other and it was clear that Etos had hard time withdrawig from the current monologue but he gave way to someone more level-headed nonetheless. Though, he couldn't help his deep care for any Life Forcer, even more so the daughter of Akasha, the delegate in the Sanctuary and a woman of abilities up to par with his own. He was a sensitive man, despite his distanced and stern appearance. Alas, it was Deva now who looked at the two individuals sat in front of them and her words carried softly, yet heavy with meaning over the short distance.
"We want to know what your intentions are, Satyra. We have our...thoughts on your reasons, but we are giving you, and this man, a chance to convince us otherwise. In a short space of time, you have introduced two otherworldly beings to us. Each leaving their mark on you in a way that is highly suspicious. You must know that in this way, you are only following a road that will cost you your life and we are worried that it might be so because you desire it." At Deva's words, Satyra's expression has withdrawn from any emotion. She knew where they were going and it was fear along with anger, she was masking from them, taking her time to compose herself
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Merrek, gold, solid]There, he had sprung the wild creativity of those who had still much to learn about life in all of its beauty and horrors. It might have been just a simple bend of the threads for the man of magic, but it was a world of discovery for the young ones. For the moment too, he remained oblivious to the adults around and their smile, having just the warmth of seeing such beings happy and enthusiastic. It was only once they would depart for the hall that he would see the adults smiling and nodding to him, to which he would return them with the same. Merrek realized that he may have been leaving a good impression on them, and that was fine.

Even as they were walking away to meet the influential leaders of this tribe, not a shadow of a worry or doubt ever came to manifest itself in Merrek's conscious. In all reality, he did not fear or concerned about what they would be asked. He would simply tell them what they needed to know and that would be all. It did not need to become complex, it simply needed to be put out there, whatever they may wish to know. Most importantly, he would be there to help Satyra through this, since he could already feel the tension within her building up to whatever was to come of this. Though he wished to slip his arms around her, to appease what he could off her mind, he knew such display was best reserved for a time when they would come to understand.

The approach of the village hall had the man look in admiration of the simple structure. Again, this returned to the life the Dealer was used to living; a business tycoon ready to crush other businesses without ruining the lives that were within them and playing mind games with those who controlled them. So to have a village with people who were simply trying to help each other and care for one another, he couldn't help but feel awed. Even with the collective conscious of the aspects, it was better to live it through their own than live it through a memory. Their entry only made his gaze around, again amazed at its simplicity… It was something mortals had that he, Merrek, wasn't always fortunate to live.

As they were asked to sit down, Merrek did exactly so without hesitation. He stayed by Satyra's side, knowing that she would be needing his support through all of this. This would be yet another challenge, so to speak, for the both of them; facing those who took care of this tribe. Yet again, he showed no signs of concern about this, as it would simply be the needed to inform them of what they wanted and needed to know. There was no point in lying in all subjects, but some would best be kept silent, as Satyra would certainly ask of him. So the silence began in the room, all in quiet contemplation of what was before them, including the Dealer himself who was quite accustomed to being looked over like this. The Dealer did the same, being an aspect who's expertise revolved around these confrontations. He held his gentle smile this entire time, but his eyes was at work, and his mind was busy, analyzing, thinking of answers, ready for their interrogations…

Yet what came was not entirely for him. In fact, most of what had been said by both of the individuals that spoke was directed towards the young sorceress. This would have been a surprise to the Dealer if he hadn't understood what was behind their motives; Satyra's well-being. They had no true concern of who he truly was or what he had come to do here; their concerns stayed with how this would affect the life of the young sorceress. The story they told of Faireheart was already something he had seen and known about. As unfortunate as her recovery was, she had been given energy and power that would aid her in her life, even if it would come to shorten it. This did come to make the Dealer question something, to which his eyes diverted to the threads that connected their lives. Most mortals would come to deteriorate with time, as their bodies would not hold, but their threads were now connected… Merrek was blessed, even before losing all of his mortality, with agelessness. His body never deteriorated because of the natural connection to powerful magic he had… So how would this affect the Satyra? Curious question indeed, but relevant for after.

What came to truly pick at his mind was what one of the women present had said; Intention. The man leaned forward, leaning onto his thighs… They wished to know their intentions? While he could not truly speak for Satyra, he could come to speak for himself, but it would be best left to the original being that he was… And so began the alteration process. It was kept as mundane as possible; the clothing slowly warped from the white and red robed attire to that of the heavy blue wizard's robes of the True Aspect. Along with it; the hair of his head shorten and shifted from a platinum blond ponytail to short, dark hair. Even his skin had changed, making him appear somewhat younger. To his right formed a staff that lay on the ground, and over his left shoulder, basket-ball sized orb of clear water floated. He held that same smile he had before, maybe even warmer, more inviting.

"My intentions were to teach this young sorceress about the threads of magic and their nature." He began, speaking with a soft tone that showed he was not at all offended or even angered at their concerns. "I couldn't foretell what has happened with the connection of our life threads… It is something I am still researching and hoping to be able to clarify." He couldn't stray away from that truth; they deserved to know that he too was left clueless as to what happened. The Archmages of his world would have the answer, but unfortunately, they were long dead and forgotten to time and space. "My intentions have come to change with the events of our joining, but I assure you, it is all in the good and well-being of Satyra. She wished to be taught something I know of very well and I am teaching her and making sure she will be using the newfound knowledge with wisdom and care." His mind eventually side-tracked and linked to that of the Sorceress, letting her know of what he felt. Do not be angered with them, Satyra. They want you to be safe and it is admirable for them to be doing this for you… And you need to remember, they are facing the unknown, which can come to scare any entity known to live. His eyes never diverted to her, since he wanted to keep the conversation about Satyra and himself.
[/fieldbox]

All the eyes darted towards Merrek as he began the change. None of the Elders have seen it before and all of them in unison tapped into their magic, their inscriptions lighting up with blue and flowing. They were simply unsure of what to expect. Satyra herself looked on unfazed, recognizing the features of the True Aspect even before he truly formed. Whilst the leaders of the village had hard times coping with the unexpected shift in Merrek's appearance, Satyra was willing herself to not change her attitude towards him. He was one and the same whatever form he assumed, she had to tell herself repeatedly, averting her gaze as he began to speak. The Elder's eyes came to settle on Merrek not as warily but more attentively; however, their magic did not disappear. It could have been a precaution, or maybe they felt safer with their powers tapped despite the Mage, in any form present in their midst so far, hasn't posed harm to anyone.

As the man explained all that Satyra was trying to word for herself, reflecting frowns settled on each of the leaders faces appeared and before Deva could as much as draw a breath, Etos voiced almost angrily before an even more shadow was cast on the situation by Merrek's following words.
"She has us to teach her all she needs to know, outsider." It was the last word that spoke of the fact that Etos felt insulted by Merrek assuming the role of a teacher that belonged to the Elder and just the way the word 'outsider' was uttered so strongly, Satyra tensed, wanting to reach out to the man beside her who she knew did not want to insult anyone and did not deserve to be insulted back. Yet, even as Merrek spoke to her mind, her concerns only rose. He promised he wouldn't speak of her ventures to the dark arts, yet here he was, throwing a bone to the dogs and they all caught it brilliantly. "What could you teach her that we do not know?" The previously mentioned suspicions now transformed into the tone of voice in which Etos spoke and Satyra's heart drummed strongly in her chest. If they were to figure things out...if they were to find the book and her involvement with the dark arts, the consequences would be dire. Hence, before Merrek could further truthfully explain the meaning of his words, Satyra acted on her own, out of fear that her lover's kind nature would unintentionally bring doom to her coexistence with her own kind.

"Merrek is a being formed from magic, from the very threads. After Faireheart left, I sought someone who could help me learn how to control the powers that have exceeded all I knew and as you admitted, all you knew too. Merrek was my only answer." She was knowingly lying, shifting the timeline and purpose of hers and Merrek's relationship, just so she would avoid questioning based on doubts and mistrust rightfully stemming in the past. Her sudden, yet calm and collected answer was regarded with pensive expressions, never ceasing to be sparked with doubt, in which moment Satyra has decided to answer Merrek on the simple link he has established between them. I am angered at them not for their care but for their persistent doubts coming from the past. I am simply tired of being suspected of the wrong, knowing they are right but also knowing they can never find out. They fear you, yes. But they also fear that everything that has happened could be attributed to my supposed search for redemption. It was a shaken response in direct contrast to her collected outer demeanour which only spoke of how often she has already deceived those who cared about her and those she cared for. He could feel the dislike for having to do so on her thread.

The short moment of silence was broken by Etos again, who has decided to try and understand something more profound and his question was clearly directed at Merrek.
"Assuming, your intentions are to help, Satyra, how did you create that connection? On Ngakau, it is something unheard of, deemed impossible." The trace of mistrust was still audible in Etos's voice but it was softened by his intellectual curiosity.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Merrek, gold, solid]The initial response was giving off some much anger for what he was trying to do to help the young sorceress and one of the Elders certainly wasn't taking this lightly. Though he remained unfazed on the surface, there was this curious questioning of why they would not allow an outsider to help that in which they were no experts in the domain of. Sure, like he had thought, they feared the unknown and what he might be doing could be wrong, as they didn't know, but he certainly seemed to have given them nothing but peaceful answers. They would come to judge him severely, and Merrek knew that only with time, he would be able to suppress this judgement. The Mage himself held no grudge or bad feelings of what they said, not even insulted to their words. With time, they would certainly understand his position.

For now though, he wished to answer back what he knew that these Elders certainly did not, but before he could do so, Satyra spoke up. His eyes diverted to the young sorceress as she spoke a lie to appease their minds. In a certain way, this could have been the truth as he knew of what Faireheart was, of his energy, of his true nature… Though the thought remained unpleasant, it was still of a creature he needed to understand. He would not go against what she speaks, even though he wished to voice his knowledge of the many things they would simply fail to comprehend, just given the nature of his being. And so his gaze returned to the elders, keeping his soft, warm smile upon his lips.

Satyra came to speak back to him through the bond of their minds, and what she said certainly was something that perked his interest. So, the Elders knew of some practices of hers? They were afraid of past actions resurfacing… And they were right? This certainly changed how he saw the reason of her teachings, as if not the entire truth was told to him. In a way, it was fair, as there were always intentions behind one's motives, but she spoke of retribution. He answered back once again as the silence was held towards the two. There will come a time you will have to be honest with them. The time isn't now, but they are concerned because of potential misguided motivation… Redemption isn't always something that surmounts to good intentions. Though, it would seem I do not know the entire story behind your initial request for teaching you about this magic. In time, I would like to know why they are so fearful of this, if you so cared to share it with me. The tone of the Inner voice held no suspicion nor apprehension for hidden something of him. In fact, he seemed understanding of the situation and simply wanted to advise her of possibilities he could offer to her.

The man spoke up again, though on a subject that the Mage could actually begin to theorize about, but still withhold the entire truth from them. He did not know if she wished to share the nature of their relationship, so he would explain it in a way to make them understand without giving out unneeded information. "It is still something I can only bring possibilities to, not a definite answer. But…" He did a simple wave of his hand, which made the bronze colored life thread manifest before the elders, easily reachable by hand. "… The thread that keeps me alive is also a thread that holds magic. Giving the nature of my creation, my thread attracts other threads of magic." The bronze thread didn't present the connection it had to that of Satyra, but did show the convergence of other colored threads of magic that were naturally merged with his own. If they would come to touch it, they could feel both the pulse of life and magic from the bronze one, but only magic from the other ones. "Satyra, has been marked by the threads and her too holds some magic to her own life thread." He continued very passively, not offended nor harsh. He did want to inform them. "She wanted to help me, relieve me of a pain that had been slowly working on my sanity. Her magic came in close contact to my thread… And so, they merged. Though, this is just a possibility, but I believe it is the closest I have gotten to something proper in so little time."

In a way, he wasn't even lying. This was how it happened, or the closest thing that happened without going into details… And of course, he would surely surprise them with how easily he could manipulate his own life thread, yet alone those of others. And he still held a smile, remaining polite and ready to answer the questions they requested answers to.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:

At the words directed only to her through their minds, Satyra felt even more strongly the surge of guilt at keeping her past from him. He never asked, so she never had a reason to share it but there was a reason, or more a trigger that caused her to ask him for help. The least she could do now was to remedy that when they returned to her hut, if the Elders wouldn't beat her to spilling the beans. For now, however, it seemed that her sudden and not entirely truthful explanation satisfied the Elders enough, even as Etos shifted his attention solely on Merrek.

The moment that the bronze thread materialized, Lorae reclined slightly in surprise, Etos shifted away as well and Deva's hand almost darted towards her shaman's spear. They feared the unknown that was encapsulated in the bronze eyed man before them, but for the sake of one of their own and for what they believed in, they would not retaliate at the mere sight of it. Furthermore, with the Mage's explanation, they picked up their interest, leaving their jolts of fear behind with the after taste of apprehension. Etos being the first one to reach out and touch the threads, followed by the two women. Yet, it was the leader of the Life Forcers whose eyes mirrored the same sense of awe that Satyra's face held the first time she saw what Merrek was made off. Seeing it now on the faces of the Elders, the sorceress's expression softened. They were learning just like she was before and for but a moment the bitterness was forgotten. Each of the Elders took something from the presentation. Etos understood the core of the Mage; Deva came to comprehend how different he was and her concerns were momentarily calmed; Lorae marvelled the endless possibilities of the threads.

However, Merrek, amongst his ability to be kind with his words and demeanour, also had the talent to say just the thing to raise suspicions and worries anew. Whilst the Elders knew it very well that it was in Satyra's nature to alleviate anyone's suffering, it was something else that they found somewhat distressing.
"With your threads now connected, is there ever a chance to separate them again? Is Satyra going to suffer from whatever you are suffering from?" Even without an in-depth knowledge of the connection, Lorae who asked the questions as the first one to break from the amazement whilst the other Elders still examined the threads floating in front of them, was able to assume that the connection that Merrek and Satyra shared ran deeper than just their life threads.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Merrek, gold, solid]The initial reaction to the demonstration of his thread had been taken rather oddly in the eyes of the Mage, especially since he would think they would know what it looks like. Maybe it was the color that was throwing it off, and the unnatural ability to physically manifest it in front of them. Though, this did not last long as the explanation of what it is made them curious and now, once touched and analyzed, finally brought some awe to them… This could only come to warm the heart of the Mage, seeing that they too had much to discover, even with their wisdom and knowledge. This was a gift; to be able to learn new things in so advanced in one's life. It gives inner strength to discover past what they could initially see. Hopefully, this would be enough for them to put some trust in whom he was… After all, he presented them with what made him live without a fear in the world of how they would manipulate it.

Moving on from there, his eyes focused on the one that asked a very particular question. This was met with something he was so used to doing in many other worlds, even that of the Bordello Inn; he gave a soft laughter and shrugged his shoulders. "There is a certain beauty with new discoveries; that anything is possible. So yes, there might be a way to disconnect our threads. Even to me, what happened is a phenomenon that I cannot truly explain yet. Though…" He waved his hand, making the bronze thread slowly vanish back into the ethereal plane where it is kept. "… There is a chance she might suffer of what I suffered. I cannot deny it. Actions have been taken to prevent her from suffering from it for now, a temporary solution. The longer I can study this, the better chance I have in understanding and coming up with something permanent and useful. Only time will tell." His eyes turned to the young sorceress who was going through all this. His kind nature had its drawbacks; his honesty could be used against him, but he was trying his best to divert the attention away from her case. "I will make sure the young sorceress does not suffer what I did."
[/fieldbox]

The Elders, as wise as they were, still had room to learn. No being, no matter how old or of what race and kind, could never hope to understand everything. There would always be something new and even aeons of age could not cover the whole spectrum of knowledge without raising even more questions and curiosity. Hence, the physical manifestation of the threads was one factor why the Elders were amazed. Life Forcers were the only ones who could call the life thread into the view of their inner eye, but never for everyone to see. Shamans felt the currents that ran through the earth. Healers only ever touched upon the outer web of each being. The only other individuals that could come in direct contact with life threads were the Ancestor Callers of the Lake Children Tribe. Therefore, this outright, visible to all manifestation was truly breathtaking and spectacular to them. Even more so for Deva and Lorae for whom it was the first time seeing anything of that kind.

Merrek unhesitating with an open demonstration of his very core did win some of the Elders' trust. To people of Promia, their core, situated right below the ribcage near the heart, was the most sensitive and the most protected part of their bodies. It was the place where their life thread was the strongest; where the life force gathered and for every person who wielded magic, it was this center that they drew on when they used their powers. To show anyone how their core looked was almost like giving away one's greatest weakness as no core was the same. Hence, as even Deva and Etos looked away from the colourful strings to have their eyes settle on the Mage again, the previous doubts and concerns were softened and almost gone from their expressions. For some reasons, they doubted that Merrek would go to the extent of fooling them this much to earn their confidence. They wouldn't think he would fool Satyra either. But if he was ever to betray them, then their wrath would be undeniable and destructive. No one in the Arcane Crown Kin held grudges for long, but certain hurts would never be forgotten.

His honesty started to sound genuine to the tribe leaders too as it was continuous and consistent. Even his occasional lack of direct and clear answer was passed down to the fact that he truly did not know and wasn't trying to withhold anything from them. At the mention of Satyra potentially suffering from the same ailment as Merrek, eyes came to settle on her. She was looking into the dead fire, listening to the conversation but as she felt the gazes upon her, she looked up to meet with Etos's hues. Lorae only nodded her head at receiving the reply. There was no need to voice her own concerns that were shared amongst her two companions. "As unique and celebrated as this should be, I cannot see this continuing," Etos said, eye travelling to set on the Mage. "I must ask you to disconnect your threads, Merrek. Satyra has suffered too many changes and I fear this one will cost her, her life. You are a powerful being, and so was Faireheart. But whatever you have done, I can see Satyra dying sooner than her time is meant to be." His words were calm but decisive, meaning no harm or insult. But the sorceress's reaction was in direct contrast with the tone. It was strong and just as decisive if not more. Her singular word carrying through the hall with a soft echo despite her not screaming. It was almost as if her voice was propelled forth with her imbalanced power. "No." Her eyes were hard set on the man who headed her kind. It was clear she was not angry, but refused to fall under the conventions of her tribe this time. "I followed your guidance after Faireheart left. I put up with your constant suspicions masked in care. Then, I might have been near death. Now, I am not. You will not decide my fate, Etos. If I choose to stay as I am, then it is my decision and you shall not change it for me."

Rarely did anyone speak up against the Elders. Everyone trusted their judgement and followed their words without doubt or question. After all, there were good reasons for the Elders to have such a title. For the scarcity of speaking up against the authority, the shock on each of their faces was palpable. "Satyra! ..." Lorae spoke out with touch of offence in her words strengthened by the awe, before yet again the young sorceress asserted herself with a stern look in the woman's direction. But it wasn't the stare that quieted the Healer's Elder. It was the way Satyra's inscriptions started to glow a little brighter. As she was still not in balance with herself and the emotional high was starting to get too great (the hidden anger and fear, outrage at still being controlled like a child as if Etos was her father), it reflected in the magical flow within her inscriptions that swirled wildly within its boundaries. But more than that, in the dim lit room, something greater came to view. Faireheart's gift changed her full blue eyes into blue-golden hues. Her connection to Merrek gave her inscriptions a bronze thread that was now in stark contrast with the original colour, pulsating within the current. However, this effect was still unbeknownst to Satyra who was ready and wiling to stand up for what she believed in for once.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Merrek, gold, solid]The eyes of the Elder man had told the entire story. In a way, there was no need for words as he simply stayed sitting there. Whatever fate was reserved for the young sorceress and himself, they had taken a decision. As sad as this was, it was fair. They expressed their concerns about what would become of Satyra if this continued, and they were justified. He was about so speak up about it, but the voice of the one that had come to claim his current love had spoken a single word. Immediately, it sparked something within the Mage that had him look towards her. She continued forth, and he could feel these words held a note that could only be felt through their deep connection. She wished to do as she pleased, which was something Merrek could always be grateful for, but the emotions that hid behind these sentences had him slightly concerned.

The shift in the threads were felt though his veins, to which he had to intervene… Such acts, as harmless as they were, gave off the wrong idea, and in some cases he had seen, which the 'power' she had acquired, is when the corruption of the mind would start. It began by going against those who had raised you, who have always been over others in order to help. His eyes caught on the awakening of energy. To which he spoke up softly. "Please, Satyra… Do not let your emotions surface like this." He started, before he looked to the Elders. "I understand your concerns for her life, Elders." He began, knowing this wouldn't end happily for everyone. "I cannot simply disconnect from her. It would certainly cause problems we are not ready to face…" He took a hold of his staff and stood up from his seat, the little orb of water coming to float over his shoulder. "I have put the necessary actions to protect her from whatever threads could do to her, and if it ever comes to be dangerous for her life, I will attempt to remove the connections between us. Until then…" He bowed to them, slowly turning back into the white robed, blond haired Dealer, with the staff disappearing and the orb evaporating. "… We will do our best to discover what we can and makes sure she does not suffer from what I have nor from any other of its possible complications." The man looked over to Satyra once again. "She has proven to be able to handle the truth and the power behind the threads. I trust she can judge when something is an ailment to her life or not. I trust she will come to you if she does find something of concern. Even I would come to you if need be." He then looked at the Elders. He had yet to show anger or disappointment in their actions. In truth, they were afraid of her life, afraid of what might happen to her. This care, as good and as bad as it was, was a sign that all they needed to do is be as honest as possible. Some truths were best left untold or even lied upon, but never should they deny their care.
[/fieldbox]

Her eyes swayed towards him from Lorae and the rest of the Elders. In the stream of emotions that was now flowing through her, she felt a pang of irritation at his words, that sense of being patronized and a shadow of a thought managed to materialize in her mind which might have ultimately brought her back down from her high ground of preserving her own autonomy. Her imbalance caused her to behave erratically. Her harmony was gone and this was the result. 'How dare he', she almost thought before her logical nature came back to reign her mind which was a moment when it doomed on her too. Not only the fact that she spoke up against those she owed so much to, but also, the fact that she was nearly turned on the one she loved. All the concerns they all shared now seemed all the more justified. Shame coloured her face and her feelings as she looked at the ground, listening to Merrek, noticing the light shift in his voice and knowing he has shifted back to the form she knew so well, yet feeling too contrite to lift her gaze.

However, Satyra's little outburst had the Eders concerned for the same reasons that Merrek asked her to calm down. They did not fear opposition. Many times open discussion would be held between the leaders and the villagers where varied opinions were exchanged. Rarely, however, would anyone react like Satyra did and with her greater power now, even they worried that it could shift who she was, make her believe she was something more and hence entitled to certain luxuries. But it was the matter for the Elders and Satyra to go through and Merrek, in their eyes, has already done too much of what was their responsibility. Etos's concerned hues settled on the bronze ones.
"We appreciate your honesty, Merrek." The man spoke calmly despite the happening, remember the name that he has heard Satyra use when he saw her earlier that day. "However, we must ask you to leave us now. You have done enough for Satyra for now, but it is our responsibility to make sure she is fine." And as such the man was dismissed and silence entailed within the room, waiting for him to depart.

Once gone, the Elders seemed to shift from one emotional edge to another - from caution to concern of a parent whose child seemed to be behaving oddly. Satyra felt like a youngling about to be rightfully scolded. Her eyes were set on her hands in her lap and the stillness was oppressing her. Clearly they were waiting for the sorceress to speak out first and that's what she did.
"I am not going to apologize for what I've said as I stand by it. But I am sorry for the tone." She said looking up to meet the eyes of the man who was probably the most disappointed in her. He could see the genuine regret in her golden-blue hues but also her decisiveness on leading her life by her own wishes. No one would ever deny someone else's autonomy on Ngakau. Independence within community was a fragile balance but it was aimed to be maintained as peacefully as possible. Hence, it felt to the Elders that Satyra took advantage of that frailty earlier, for which they were disagreeing.

"I believe that the connection between me and Merrek isn't harming me in any way but that is not the only reason why I do not want my fate to be decided for me. I appreciate your guidance. Always have and always will. But right now, this is outside the boundaries of our world hard for anyone, even Merrek to understand..." "Which is why we don't trust this," Etos interrupted without scruples. "Satyra, you might say that you feel like it is not hurting you, but how much can you know really? If Merrek established this connection, it was entirely in his power and he seems to have the abilities to conceal things from plain and even the inner sight." Raising his hand, he resolutely subdued any protest Satyra could have had as he continued, supported by the serious gazes of the two females. "It is undeniable that both of the men are powerful to par with all the counsellors in the Sanctuary. However, we don't see why either of the two would choose a human being as a vessel of those powers if they can manifest themselves so clearly." Satyra knew why they would be so doubtful and that was the difference between her and her own kind. She was privy to the secrets of both of the men. Secrets that led these people into darkness of uncertainty and led them to be careful.

"Faireheart defied his reason for creation. Just like Haion, he could destroy, but he did not. His gift to me was an accident. I stood too close to him when he released his energy." The young sorceress repeated what she said all the time ago when they questioned her in the same manner as now after Faireheart left. "Merrek..." Falling silent, she tried to find the adequate words but knew that without revealing the truth, they would never come to understand. "Merrek and I have shared a moment of intimacy from which the connection of our threads arose. Now, yes, you might say that my affinity to give myself freely to men who are out of this world is outrageous, and maybe it is..."

The talk continued for much longer than either of the participants cared to notice. It was long elapse of questioning and cross-questioning, assuring and reassuring, doubts dispelled to only be raised again and they all revolved around Satyra's unusual behaviour, be it her finding of Faireheart and Merrek and her conduct with them, or the way she seemed to be withdrawing herself from the community. Yes, of course, they noticed her more and more frequent disappearances into the forest where even Deva couldn't find her afterwards. They never, however, openly accused her of wanting to raise her dead father again. She could feel that thought lingering in the backs of their mind, however. "For now, you and Merrek can remain in this village. But we will deliberate more on how to deal with you and your situation. However, we are afraid that we will need to contact the counsellors your mother." Those were the last words that Etos spoke to Satyra before she was dismissed and stepped outside into the afternoon sun. Her expression was just as dim as the interior of the hall, however. The sun rays not brushing over her skin as pleasantly and calmingly, even her stomach has finally sounded in demands of food. She had mixed feelings from this meeting and for the first time, she did feel estranged from her own people, no matter how kindly they still treated her. Was it the result of her own actions, or events that happened to her, people she brought into their midst?
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Merrek, gold, solid]The look she had given him… Merrek could feel something that he had felt too well before, though it was through the experiences of the Priest. It had all started from a simple look of friends, dear friends, which had started his suspicion so many years before their betrayal. An image flashed in his head, the look of annoyance from a friend who couldn't be patient enough to learn the arts with time. The circumstances were most definitely different in this case, but it was still felt like it could lead to the same end. In his own soul, there was a pull, as the Priest wanted to rise and face Satyra for what she had just done… Yet it would never surface. The Dealer would not be taken back from a simple feeling. He knew better and trusted this woman with his life.

This would be overseen as the elders had asked for him to leave. They had things to discuss with the young Sorceress without his presence. The man, without hesitation, took a bow to them. "As you wish, Elders." He said passively, knowing that this was for the people and Satyra to discern and for him to simply watch unfold. This wasn't his home, nor his people. He remained an outsider, regardless of where he went… Such thoughts began to make the Dealer ponder. His march out was pensive and he was definitely deep in thought as he finally stepped out. He held the soft smile for the people to see, but his inner being was beginning to question a few things again.

It wasn't long though, before he encountered the children, still playing around with the cards. They all came running towards him with smiles and excitement lightened up their face… This came to alleviate the questions in a moment's notice. Quickly, he waved them away from the great hall and towards somewhere they would not disturb them. These little ones had a gift; making the Dealer forget there was ever a problem. Once seated down, questions were being asked left and right and the man couldn't help but laugh a little… He waved at them, as if asking for silence, which came after a few attempts. One of them, a small girl, asked about what was special about them, like he said before. He waved her closer and asked her for her card. She revealed to him the yellow card. Merrek told her to keep it in her hands before he spoke up about them. "Each of these cards hold a very, very unique magical power. Each of them associate to something that is related to its color, in some way. So your first clue is to find ideas what the card could be associated to. I would look around the village, you might find something that will bring ideas." And it took seconds before they launched off with this new little piece of information.

It was good to see them so angst to discover. It was a beautiful sight he was so fortunate to discover every time he would go to new places. He looked at the small building he was leaned up against, wondering who could be living there. Would he have been too noisy? Maybe this would bring someone to whom he could discuss with. Though, he felt the tug in his soul manifest, to which someone did join him… But it was the soured expression Priest that sat beside him. This wouldn't be a pleasant conversation with himself.

"You felt that look, didn't you?"
"Yes, I did. She is still learning, Priest."
"THEY were still learning too, Dealer."
The Dealer sighed heavily. "It won't happen again. She knows about power corrupting."
"It's not the problem right now. She understands power. You know what has been said in there."
The Dealer's brow rose. "You spied on them?!" He whispered harshly.
"I'm making sure everything is fine, Dealer. Satyra's soul is unbalanced. You'll need to make sure she doesn't fall."
"Priest, I know."
"But are you going to act upon it? Find out why?"
"I already have a good idea. I delve deeper, for her sake. We are truly becoming different, all of us."
"We are trying to be mortal. It happens."

The Priest stood up from his seat, starting to walk away. The Dealer shook his head. "Don't do any foolish, Priest." He said as he too stood up. The Priest answered with a smirk. "I do what is necessary, Dealer. So is the way of Hellion, The Judge. I'll do what is best for her." With that, he walked away from the village, into the woods, to do who knows what.
[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.