Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
THE BEST THING I EVER ATE: Lunch Edition​

So... we can all agree that food is basically the best thing in the universe, right?? But there are definitely SOME foods that rise above the rest. That food that just makes you shout for joy, that gives you all the right kinda chills, that makes a long, hard day so much better.

And because the second best thing to eating food is TALKING about it...

I'd like to know what the BEST THING you ever ate was... FOR LUNCH. What morning meal tantalizes your taste buds? Stirs up your senses? Puts a smile in your stomach? Tell us about it - and feel free to post a picture, because what makes you hungrier than a delicious picture???

My Take:​
no-lightbox
I give you the glory that is... the brick sandwich! What craziness is this, you ask? Why... it's just the most intriguing sandwich you may ever come across (unless you're one of those wackadoodles that likes Monte Cristos... >_> (likeme)). Basically, the idea behind a brick sandwich is to take whatever fixings your heart desires -- In the case of these two gems, we've got Prosciutto, Sopressato, Provolone, Mozzarella, spinach and Basil Pesto of Ciabatta bread, and Asiago bread, Roasted Red Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, Portobello Mushrooms and Gouda cheese with a balsamic vinaigrette. You build the sandwich - then wrap the entire thing in cellophane as tight as possible...

And stick it under three or four bricks. Yes. Bricks XD The kind you use for building :)

The end result in an amalgamation of flavors, pressed into deliciously crisp bread! Highly recommended and easily one of THE best things I've ever eaten for lunch.

What about you???

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Aero Blue
Well at the moment I can't remember what's the best thing I had for lunch, but damn, that sandwich you just described made me hungry again. xD

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Okay, my turn.

Fettuccine con carciofi. S'good stuff. Mom used to make these huge meals for lunch and this was always my favorite.

Crab dip pretzel! Those things are amazing, although the grocery store where I live makes their crab dip a bit too sour and they don't add enough Old Bay. They're still good, but I prefer the ones from the restaurant where my brother-in-law works.

• Love
There's a mall in a town nearby that has a pizza place that makes some damn fine pies, really large too, one piece would fill you up. My last visit was delightful, both the memory and the pizza.

Nothing beats the McDonald's dollar menu!

I'm poor and have zero standards.

I dropped by the local Indian restaurant for their lunch buffet earlier today with a friend and they had cheese tikka masala AND I NEVER WANTED TO STOP EATING IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

paneer-tikka-masala1.jpg

Also they had mango ice cream today and it was equally amazing.

Mango ice cream, delicious sandwiches, tikka masala... this thread is making my mouth water.

It's hard to remember lunch from dinner things for me sometimes. I'll use a recent one since it's easy: I made colcannon soup a few days ago and it was very tasty and filling and I would probably eat it at least several days in a row if I could.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.