Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
THE BEST THING I EVER ATE: Desserts Edition​

So... we can all agree that food is basically the best thing in the universe, right?? But there are definitely SOME foods that rise above the rest. That food that just makes you shout for joy, that gives you all the right kinda chills, that makes a long, hard day so much better.

And because the second best thing to eating food is TALKING about it...

I'd like to know what the BEST THING you ever ate... after the meal - that sumptuous, satisfying dessert! What meal tantalizes your taste buds? Stirs up your senses? Puts a smile in your stomach? Tell us about it - and feel free to post a picture, because what makes you hungrier than a delicious picture???

My Take:​
no-lightbox
First of all, when it comes to gelato, I have yet to find better than Talenti. Their rich, creamy and decadent desserts are so full of flavor and for a reasonable price, there is just no reason in my mind to look elsewhere.

But none speak louder to me than the sea salt caramel. Luscious Argentinian caramel gelato with chocolate covered caramel clusters and just a HINT of sea salt... I'm drooling, just writing about it. There is literally only one way to eat Talenti - and that is in one sitting, without shame.

What about you???

passion fruit ice cream

holy shit, this stuff stumbled my way when my dad managed to get us a trip to the dominican republic. the resort had an ice cream bar and i was like "lol nice", not thinking much of it until this blessing came my way.

my god, it's a tender, sweet taste that rolls up the sides of your tongue and then hits you with a snap of sourness; forcing you to attention. it's too creamy for a sorbet, but you know that the passion fruit manages to undo your expectations. your mouth waters instinctively as you eat, as if you need more, and before you know it the ice cream in your bowl is gone and you're scrambling for seconds.

god damnit, i've had nights where i'd remember this ice cream and i'd mourn the fact that i might not be able to taste something so gentle though life-changing ever again. it sometimes keep me awake at night. that's how powerful this ice cream is.

upload_2017-8-10_19-17-26.jpeg

Deep Fried Ice Cream...It's such an awesome combination of sweet and spicy (When you get it at a Mexican fare restaurant) and soft and crunchy. one of those unforgettable experiences.

A close second:
images

Death By Chocolate....no other words seem necessary.

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Cookies. Soft, warm, hand made chocolate chip cookies.

Coming from me, was this kind of obvious?

• Love
Hmm... this is a terrible topic for someone with a sweet tooth!

I have to say... probably... uhm...

Chocolate mousse. It's so soft and cold and chocolaty *wipes single tear* Like eating a chocolate cloud.

• Love
Has to be Eton mess with added raspberries. It tastes of summer. That perfect, idealized summer that we hold in our heads, where it is just hot enough and everything is good.

Eton Mess.jpg

salty-restaurant-desserts-tripchocmeltdown.jpg

This beauty is called the Triple Chocolate Meltdown. It's from Applebees and it's amazing! Like a little slice of heaven. salivates

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.