Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sakura

Original poster

writing.jpg

We're all writers here for the most part.

In our roleplays, we fly to the future, run into the past and morph an entire dimension from the tips of our fingers. Our adventures are endless, our imaginations are beautiful.

What inspires you to write ? When did you begin writing ?

What is it about writing that connects with you ?

Would you consider it an obsession ?

What inspires me to write? Eh just whatever really. A pretty scenery. Reading a good book. Pondering on things. Listening to a song. I get the urge to write a lot though I don't always put my thoughts or urges into writing, but I do get the inspiration a lot haha.

When did I begin writing? ehh when I had to learn how to write my alphabet of course! isn't that when every writer first begins? ;) When did I truly start writing I can't really remember. Middle school maybe?

What is it about writing that connects me? It's a form of expression similar to how I express myself through music. Writing for me isn't just about words all the time. I went through a phase where I was really into writing music (not as in lyrics but as in actual scores) though I stuck usually to just piano music. When I write it's like taking myself to another world where it doesn't matter who's watching me or how good or bad it is as long as it gets out. I often write when I'm in one extreme mood or another, and it's just such a great release. When really mad my handwriting will shake but eventually it will level out when I'm calming in the middle of writing. Or if I'm really excited my handwriting will scrunch up and turn into scribbles the same way. Dunno writing is my release in a sense.

would I consider it an obsession? The way I write now a days not really. Again I consider it simply a release or a past time here and there. I can't really hold my own and write a lot. I often rely on outside or other sources to help the process ^^;;

Writing allows me to regurgitate all the junk floating around in my brain :)

I began writing as soon as I knew how to write. I even earned an award for a picture book I made when I was 8 years old :3 I also did quite well in English in high school too.

My inspiration would be the reaction of readers to my story. Good reaction = good inspiration. Bad reaction = determination to create a story in order to get a good reaction.

I don't think it's an obsession. It's more like a NEED.

Its a good escape. That's probably my favorite thing about it. I also love to create worlds and characters that I think up in my head.

Its my only safe escape. I get to say what Im thinking without acting on it and well its a great way to use words. I LOVE LOVE words!!! I have a list of my favs... I know laugh if you will, but here are a few...

Capricious
Audacious
Narcissistically
Interloper
Meticulous
Deliciously

Cool topic!

If anything in this post doesn't align with what you know about me, it's possibly due to my being unable to even think about roleplaying for a while. I feel it's loosened me up a bit and allowed me to remember certain things about myself and my motives.

What inspires you to write ?
Anything that holds my attention. The good and the bad. Beautiful things. Awesome things. Terrible and tacky things. Exploration. Entertainment. Wanting to make more of the things I like. Watching and thinking about all those little things about real life that people don't give it enough credit, especially people. Looking at something and knowing I can do better. An idle thought that builds upon itself.

When did you begin writing ?
Hard to say. I've always had an active imagination. Whether I actually write anything down or not, I've always thought up stories whenever I'm not busy or involved with/thinking about other people. I keep most of it to myself because I derive no enjoyment from forcing them on an uninterested or hostile audience. But the opposite is priceless. I used to entertain children or bored family members looking to pass the time by telling improvised ones. I used to be a lot better with voice-acting because of it.
Recapturing experiences that made me feel a certain way. I also think our of our ingenuity--our ability to dream of ideas--and the urge to see them come to pass as being an oft-ignored aspect of humanity's resemblance to God. I see this as applicable to any human creative process, so writing is naturally included. :)
Hmm. While I do have to restrain myself from stopping to freewrite or work on a draft when I should be doing something else, I'd say it varies between just a habit and an obsession depending on circumstance. When I am obsessing, sometimes it pays of(as in writing for professors), and sometimes I feel like a sucker who wasted a whole lot of time, energy, and thought on the wrong project. :( But at least I learn from it, , mostly. :P

What inspires me to write? Stuff in real life, music that's really about it...But it seems to me the more creative freedom offered in an RP, the more inspired I am and the better my posts.

I began writing when I was like...13ish or something? Meh it was a long time ago. So yeah I had an early start.

The reason I like writing is mostly as a self-expression and an escape as well. I usually try to put all sorts of references, parodies, themes and even some allegories in my posts. Also it's fun to think up and write up really good scenarios and characters.

It's also a good escape since I generally try to play upbeat or comedic characters for the most part, life is depressing enough already as it is anyhow. So it's an escape in that sense.

I wouldn't consider it an obsession, more like a hobby. I don't RP too much since well, things are hectic now.

What inspires you to write ? When did you begin writing ?
I started writing back in elementary school as soon as I could put letters to paper. It was the perfect way for me to log down all those lovely imaginative things that I came up with. As for inspiration, I can get that from anything. Anything. A word, a color, bubbles, screaming, anything. It just pops in my head and I roll with it. o_____o

It's the best medium for me to share the universes in my head! I tried to do with other things like music, art, etc... But writing has worked the best for me!

An obsession? Oh no. Writing is a joy! ...roleplaying... that's an obsession. o_____o

When did I begin?
The question should be was there any time where I wasn't? As soon as I had the ability to string ideas together I was spinning stories.What inspires me is just about everything. Its hard wired into every way I think. Mainly, I believe, is the development of character... of a person, that truly inspires me.

What is it about writing that connects? Again, the development and personality of every character out there connects to me.

An obsession? Maybe. If it is, its the drug I'm NEVER quitting, I need my hit every second of my life.

I'll look at this point by point

What inspires you to write ?

I mostly get my good ideas when I walk, or when I'm really bored. But inspiration doesn't sen to follow any pattern for me. Sometime a have ideas when i'm eating, when I'm writing about something else or listening to music.

When did you begin writing ?

Depends what you mean. I never wrote much except for essays and the like, but my teachers where almost always impressed and i consistently got good marks for creative writing. I used to write short stories that would never be finished or shared with anyone, I shy about my work, but the internet lends anomanimity so I feel confident enough to share.

It a form of expressing yourself, and I can't draw, or paint or do anything else really.

No. Its a pass time, or a hobby, but I'm not obsessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.