The Bellmyre Estate [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. -ahem- i mean, cool.

• Love
Reactions: LunarLavendula
I just moved into my new apartment and I won't be getting internet installed until the 22nd, so my access until then will be sporadic at best -- luckily the clubhouse in the complex has free wifi but it's been down twice now so we'll see.

• Thank You
Hi everybody! I'm super nervous-excited, Mystery sheets will be going out today! I know I'm behind on a few PMs so I shall catch up on those as well. Please do not respond to the Mystery Sheet PM as that'll be your feed for everything you find out during the RP.

AFTER ALL THE MYSTERY SHEETS ARE OUT IC WILL GO UP. >;DDDDDDDDDDDDD -dances-
iVIK1Mt0qWs5g.gif

UPDATE: Pms don't seem to like my formatting, gonna try to come up with a way of making the information clear without exploding everything @_@

Perhaps you could write it up in some other software, and then screenshot it?

I was thinking that. Maybe do some posters in In Design and then screenshot/link them. Then each Sheet could be personalised as well, but that'd take time and I'd like to et the IC up soon :P

For now, I've found something that works, although it's not as pretty as I'd like :P There's probably a more efficient BBCode format that works better for PM, but this'll do :D @Moogle-Girl, mind if I toss you a test PM and get your opinion on whether it's readable or not?

Sure, go for it.

Woop woop I'm ready for the IC!

tumblr_inline_n93oj2eyqY1se3lhq.gif

• Love
LES DO DIS
giphy.gif

oh man, just realised I should apologise if I spam people with the PMs. Please forgive me >.<

About halfway through the Mystery Sheets~

Coming from someone with a bit of experience running mechanic-heavy RPs like this, these mystery sheets sure look like a lot of info for you to keep updated through the course of the game. :o Do you want us to have some sort of posting order or timing or whatever to make things easier on you?

Thanks for the suggestion :D I was going to compile all information I need to change in one document and then update them at the same time when it feels appropriate when alot is going on, and update them individually as they happen when it's quiet. I was going to ask that people keep track of their locations and perhaps status effects/what they're investigating (not applicable straight away) at the top of their IC posts, though :D

Sounds good. o3o

D-: May 5th & Closed (pouts) my kind of rp..........Oh well guess I'll have to be a reader.

• Love
Is it just me or is Teale's image broken?

Same here, I just see the IMG box thing.

hmmm, it's working for me so thankyou for pointing that out! I'll upload it to imgur and see if that works.

Also all the mystery sheets are now out 8-D cleaning up some connections and then it's finally go time xD

@Steelmail very sorry, it would of been awesome to have you aboard. Feel free to stick around the OOC if you want and ponder the many mysterys of the manor!

I'm a little confused about secrets and mysteries. There is information that is withheld from each of us about each others' characters, which is clearly stuff that our characters do not know about each other. Are they also meant to be secrets from the players themselves?

For example, upon arriving at the estate, my character would not know what type of supernatural being the other residents are, or any powers/abilities they have (with the exception of information given out to certain people in the mystery sheets). I don't know these things about the other characters either, but it seems like they'll come up pretty quickly in people's introductions or interactions with other characters etc.

Supposing I have a character Billy who's a werewolf, at this point in time, no characters know that. Is it important that the other players don't know that either, or can I include that in my posts? If Billy reveals his secret to one friend the other characters won't know, but is it also important the players of those characters don't know?

And what is the situation with joint posts/side rping one on one? Allowed, encouraged, public to read, forbidden?

• Thank You
mystery sheets will be updated from the perspectives of what the characters would know, though you as players may get insight into other player's characters through their posts that you would not get on your mystery sheet unless your character was there to see it. I feel that trying to keep information secret from players rather then characters may limit people's creativity or make them feel railroaded or pressured while they're writing their posts to not include information in their posts when they might want to.

In this way, players can play however they want - one player may choose to involve alot of inner monologue related to things that would be secret to characters, while another player may prefer to play only revealing information occasionally.

side roleplaying is totally fine (encouraged but not enforced, if you want to awesome, if you don't that's cool too :D) and in whatever format people like :D. I only ask that I be kept in the loop a little so I can keep track of events ^^

So, my own apartment won't be getting internet until this Sunday, so I'll be of more limited ability to check up on things. Not necessarily by much, because my laptop's terrible but works eventually, and I can just use the campus wireless in my office or the like. Usually, I'll be online in the evenings at home, and not during the day. But this week, it'll be more the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.