The Beginning of the New Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well you have a choice...join one of the defense groups that patrol and search for supplies and attack bandit camps...or you could become a hunter like me someone who goes it alone most of the time and kills the enemies of humanity while doing what they can to save others trapped as slaves to the vampires or you could stay here in camp learn a skill, start a family and be "safe" inside the walls of Sanctuary. Do put some thought into your decision."

Karen shuddered at the thought of having a family; Vampires you could runaway from, children you could not. They were foul snot-nosed beasts that wailed and screamed, driving whoever was doomed to cater to them into insanity. That left her with the defense groups or to become a hunter. She sighed realizing that choosing between the two was quickly becoming a dilemma. The defense groups seemed more of her caliber, and she could easily navigate in potentially perilous situations when put in groups with people: it was what had kept her alive and away from the vampires since the invasion had started. Yet, becoming a "hunter" would mean she would be directly fixing what she had done, freeing others, and possibly those she had left to rot just to save her own skin. Karen took a deep breath. It was clear that she wouldn't be able to take the easy way to fix things.

"I'll become a hunter," she said carefully.

The shadow of Dracula opens the door and Carla says in a language only vampires knew I have some terrible news for the count, and I need to see him right away. Please shadow, it's dire. She knew that she spoke the truth, but would the shadow know that?

(Vlad's shadow first) "Follow...my master...awaits..." The shadow glided away expecting the guest to follow.

(Adrian's part) He sighed hoping she knew what she was getting into. "Well if that's your choice follow me." Adrian then got up and started to walk with Karen following, he went through many twists and turns he then dropped down an old manhole which had long ago been destroyed as they were walking he spoke. "Most can find where I live well that's because I don't live in Sanctuary I live below it." as he finished saying that they came to a massive blast door Adrian went up to a small wheel he started to turn causing the door to open in front of Karen revealing a massive sprawling complex of tunnels and rooms, there were old military vehicles dead and useless this whole place was massive so much space was here but it seemed oddly lived in like more that just Adrian stayed here. "Welcome to the hunter facility where all the hunters live...and I think it's time I fully introduce myself, my name is Adrian Petrarch grand master of the hunters and it's founder we exist as the remnants of humanity's military's, if you are wondering where all the other hunters are well they are all on operations at the moment you will meet more of them as they complete their missions and trickle back in now do you have any questions I will answer them but we must walk and talk come."

Karen had very little idea what she was getting into, except that it involved killing vampires in some manner. Was it through decapitation or a wooden stake to the heart or some other method, she did not know. She followed Adrian to the manhole, tilting her head curiously when Adrian descended into it, before going in after him. Once she was the blast door, Karen gaped. Where exactly were they? Were they in an old fallout shelter from the cold war, the age of paranoia? Or perhaps it was something else, something more secret and pragmatic? When the door was opened and the complex was revealed, Karen gasped in amazement.

"Wha....what is this place? Did...did you.... uh... build it? Or was it...er.... found?" she asked quickly, glancing at the various doors.

"This place my dear is a military complex built during the cold war it's actually an old silo it goes even farther down than this but we mostly use those areas for storage." Adrian walked and opened a door revealing an array of weapons some looked like they belonged in a futuristic military while others looked right at home on a battlefield circa 1066 he then turned to her and said. "If you have any questions at all ask them now because I will be training you and I never accept less than 100% so their wont be much time for questions you will either be training, asleep recovering from training or eating to regain your energy for training." Adrian then turned to her and waited.

Karen's eyes widened when she saw the array of weapons. Swords and guns alike were together, some of which looked like they would have been highly classified if the vampires did not exist. Heck, she was pretty sure that the same people who made these, were behind the aircraft which may have caused UFO sightings. There was a reason why most UFO sightings occurred in areas where the military bases existed.

"Um...just one question...er...what can kill a vampire?"

"Vampires, Homo Nocturnus they are flesh and blood beings just like us and they can die just like us, if you crush their head, put a knife through their heart or bleed them enough they die now you would wonder how they have beaten us so far back well that has to do with their durability and speed an average small arms round say fired from an ak47 does not pierce a vampire as easily as it would a human and they are fast enough in a strait line to overwhelm us before we can firer more than once and their hearing allows them to hear a shot from miles, we resorted to swords, maces, knifes and arrows because of that reason most of our weapons are enhanced by old world technology causing them vibrate fast enough to go through vampire or human like butter if it's a blade and I have yet to see a vampire shrug off a mace or hammer to the head. And their speed is greatly diminished in close quarters, but their is a old text that spoke of a vampire that had learned to take souls when he fed and he could negate any mortal wounds to one of these souls I don't know how much of a basis this has so take that with a grain of salt. So what type of weapon or weapons would you like to train with I can train you with them all if need be."

Karen tilted her head as Adrian spoke: it seemed as if the vampires were mortal, yet untouchable by humans, as if a way to survive against the bloodsuckers was placed in front of her, yet just out of reach. Tantalus... the name had popped into her head, yet she couldn't place why. She shook her head, deciding to ignore it for the time being, then glanced at the wall of weapons. She spent several minutes trying to find something that felt suitable for her: the only weapon she had ever handled was Connor's throwing knife and that went horribly. Based on that experience, Karen was better off taking something that wasn't a long range weapon.

Then something caught her eye.

A dirk from the Renaissance era.

It was something that appeared to be neither a dagger, nor a sword, but in between. It had a single edged blade that was 30 centimeters long, and the hilt was wrapped in black leather.

(Tantalus I see what you did their.) "You seem interested in the Dirk, you'll be able to use both dagger and sword styles with that but not as effectively as with a sword or dagger obviously. If that is your choice that is fine but I would like you to also pick a ranged weapon I have lost to many hunter to being overwhelmed in CQC that would have survived if they picked off a few opponents from afar first."

"CQC?" Karen squeaked, not really understanding what the acronym meant.

The thought of handling a ranged weapon seemed daunting to say the least. Her aim was horrible, and she probably be more likely to accidentally shoot herself in the foot than actually hit her target. Karen sighed, glancing at the wall of guns. She would need something easy to aim, yet good to transport: Karen definitely didn't want to be lugging a heavy thing around. She didn't know much about guns though, so picking one would be taking a shot in the dark. She sighed and ran her hand down the barrel of a Karabiner 98k, deciding to let her instincts choose, before pulling it off the wall.

"Yes close quarters combat CQC, and a kar98k that old German slug thrower has took more abuse than I can describe and still remains functional. It fires a 7.92x57 Mauser round and you get five rounds that can kill a man from 550 yards away and as an added bonus you can actually kill a vampire in one shot with that thing providing you catch them unaware and hit them in the heart or head but it's loud as all hell so you gotta be sure you hit your target then get out of the area and from the look on your face you don't seem confident in your skill with a ranged weapon don't worry by the time i'm done you'll be able to take people on twice your size with that dirk or your fist and hit a grapefruit from 500 yards with that rifle."

Karen nodded her head, glancing down at the rifle. Adrian's description of it made it seem more or less like a decent weapon for her, except for the noise. But there had to be a drawback somewhere: there was no way she would get the perfect gun. And besides, it was hard to imagine a silent gun. "Alright..." she murmured, wondering what would come first: close quarters combat or training with a gun?

( So have I gotten to the room yet, because I'm waiting for Vlad to say something first.)

(Necropolis I was waiting for you to speak first)

Adrian looked at Karen and said. "It's your choice on what you want to learn first marksman training takes a longer time but is easier and CQC is shorter but more intense and demanding." Adrian then walked over to a set of stairs leading up to his office. "Really you don't even need to decide now but come up these stairs to my office when you have made your decision."

"Er....but didn't you say...that uh...that'll be...er...'either be training, asleep recovering from training or eating,'" Karen quoted tilted her head, frowning with confusion.

"If I threw every one into that as soon as they set foot down here they would all leave and it will be like that, I will be teaching you more than to shoot and fight you'll learn how to deal with the other human factions, how to convince people you're not there to hurt them and how to negotiate prices for goods we have a lot of people to feed you should meet them soon. Anyway as I said you choose what training you wish to do first."

(Okay, I'll just do my part then.)
(Present moment) Carla follows the shadow into the room where Dracula is. She bows momentarily, saying "My lord.", than she says I am sure that you might already know... but... do you remember your 4th strongest ally? Well... somewhere in the North... he... he... Carla stops for a bit before continuing her sentence Narkutsk is dead... he was killed...by humans............. Please, my lord, you have to go and kill them... You have n-no idea how he was... he was like m-my new f-father when I became a vampire... if it wasn't for him... I would've k-k-killed myself a long time ago. Carla is on the verge of tears now, a buildup of her tears being barely held back by her eyelids. She tells Dracula a little bit about her past then.
(Flashback) When Carla became a vampire, she was just a little girl about 7 years old wandering around after a group of bandits had killed her parents. Back then, all she could think of was how much she wanted to see her mom and dad's face. She wanted nothing more than to die. She stumbled upon a small group of people that had been killed (fortunately for her, Narkutsk was an elite when it came to not leaving anything except for the body) and saw him, standing in the middle of the group of "sleeping" people... it was Narkutsk, looking up majestically towards the sky. He looked over than and saw Carla, and said You should not be here little girl, now I am sorry for what is going to happen next. But instead of being afraid, she looked at him with happiness set on her face, and said Daddy, is that you?. Narkutsk stopped his hand immediately, and Carla laughed and said Oh daddy, you're always so silly, sneaking up on a group of sleepyheads like that. Can you come and play with me, please oh please don't say you're busy. Narkutsk smiled, lowered is hand, and said in a sweet and gentle voice Alright, but first, where are your parents?

( I'm going to wait for a little bit before I do my next part, I have a cramp in one of my hands and I need to rest).

Last edited:
"Er...close quarter combat?" Karen mumbled, still unsure what Adrian was describing.

(Adrian's part first) "I guess i'll show you..." Adrian walked over to a training mat and gestured her to come and stand a few feet in front of him when she go their he said. "Try and punch me, try and hurt me with your fists, feet or head." Adrian's body became relaxed, he could feel every breath he took their was no one but himself and his adversary, she struck as best she could but experience beats enthusiasm everyday, as she punched at him he slid his body to the inside side of her body he watched as her arm came to full extension he then made his move, he grabbed her arm and yanked her off balance then swept her legs out from under her as she fell he followed her down dropping his knee into her solar plex knocking the breath out of her stunning her he then brought his fist down right above her throat and said to her while she was gasping trying to get her breath back. "This is CQC, it's fighting, it's the ability to disable or kill someone with your bare hands, feet, head or body...look at my fist if I were to hit you in the throat like this you would die, you would drown in your own blood I will teach you all this and more but as it stands you are just a new born pup in a world of monsters but I will make you into a wolf capable of running with this pack of ours." He got off her and pulled her up onto her feat and sat her down on a bench and waited for her to recover completely.

(Vlad's part) "I know of what has happened to him and I will miss him...he was a friend, ha it's funny that you see him as a father when I helped raise him...he was one of my first generals because he was a boy I rescued as a human. He was a slave at the time to the Ottoman Turks when my army's rolled over their camp I found him in rags and his ribs showing where there were holes...I took him in as a ward and taught him how to fight and how to live, when the Turks came in force and attacked my castle he wanted to stay behind and defend me but I ordered him to leave. He thought I was dead until I found him 15 years later dying on the battlefield as a human he thought I was their to take him to the afterlife but I offered him...another choice...undeath like me he accepted probably thinking me some type of blood loss induced hallucination...when he woke the next morning I told him what we were and it was funny because I got to watch him grow again." Vlad turned to Carla tears of blood streaming down his face and said. "I hurt as you do and those huma...no mot humans, those abominations WILL PAY FOR WHAT THEY DID WITH THEIR SOULS...but not now I want to crush them in every way possible I want to see as their hope and resolve break and disintegrate underneath my boot and I will show them why I am called the first monster."

Status
Not open for further replies.