The Beginning of the New Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Vlad's part) "I never sold my soul to the devil that is a tale the church made to denounce me. I was a warrior for them...for god as Vlad Tepes the impaler I fought to keep Europe out of the hands of the Muslim Turks...my soul is in a void where even god can't reach the church and god tried to kill me before I had to fight Michael he destroyed all my souls at the time and places my head on a pike but I could not die my soul exists but is with a being far more powerful than god and this being is much more apathetic to the plights of man and monster. And they may be more than human but their skills can not beat mine I have been alive for over five hundred years I have learned every combat skill known to man and I have mastered them and even if they have god on their side got cannot interfere with the affairs of mortals for he will open both the gates of Heaven and Hell their will be no more Earth after that god might send another Archangel but that is the extent of god's presence in this fight. You know nothing of the artifact or how to use it stop trying to get more information out of me and that is all I have left to say to you now leave for the final time." (you will just have to wait and see what it does it's a surprise and when a person whether it be me or someone else is indicating that the conversation is over I.E Vlad sealing off the castle that means their are done with that conversation it would have been different if I had wrote the castle doors closed but I said they were sealed to anyone but their master I.E Vlad that was me ending the interaction between the two characters but it's what ever it just gives me more to respond to.)

(Adrian's part) Adrian looked at the girl and rubbed his eyes and replied "I may have I may not have what is it to you girly all that matters is they are safe now whether I or someone else got them and yes Vampires to keep some humans alive for their own reasons some for a breeding food source like cattle some keep them for the use as slaves unpaid labor to work and build for them and some take them as a...pleasure source. The first two groups can be saved but the last group they can never recover they are broken those vampires that do that are true monsters and the best we can do for the humans is a mercy kill (WARNING THE NEXT PART CAN BE DISTURBING SO IF YOU CAN'T READ IT FOR PERSONAL REASONS SO BE IT) I remember before this place was built we were still angry and wanted revenge...so we found where this one vampire lived and we got their...he was blood drunk so we took him down really easily but its what we found that truly broke us and made us relies they were monsters, two people went with me to look for any survivors Kojak and Kota and we breached into the master bedroom and there chained to the side of the be was a girl couldn't have been older than twelve or thirteen and...we saw...what had been done to her...we tried to get her up and to a medic up but she wouldn't stand up...and her eyes were dull and clouded and she just kept saying in a broken dull voice over and over again "Where is master? Are you my new master I can do anything you wish anything at all..." She was beyond broken and I was selected to...end it...I had a pistol at the time and...I held her close like a father would his daughter and just whispered "It'll be ok I promise you wont hurt any more." I pulled the trigger with the barrel pointed at her head it...was quick..but her eyes still haunt me to this day and Kojak and Kota they...couldn't take it and took their own lives but I still live everyday the thought of if I was faster would that girl have lived." He looked at her letting her absorb the information he had just told her.

Last edited:
Karen's eyes widened: she didn't expect to get a narrative as an answer. Though the narrative arose questions about the biological workings of vampires, the fact that they existed in the first place, made anything, no matter how gruesome, was possible. She bit her lip, contemplating the fact that she had left people to that. She shuddered a little, imagining the faces of those she knew being treated as objects by the vampires. Karen took a deep breath, and cleared her throat, "How many of these...er...camps are there?" she asked Adrian.

"many we truly don't know...their are not enough people still fighting they all want to run they think the vampires invincible most aren't strong yes not non kill able...though their are old tales of a vampire strait out of fiction...Dracula himself and tales say he can't die so I really don't know." Adrian then packed a tobacco pipe and lit it and took a few puffs spreading the smell of cherry (aromatic tobacco for the win) "So you must have a reason asking all this most people here don't speak to me unless they are forced to."

Conner sighed, than closed his eyes, thinking of an alley in the sanctuary, and when he opened them, he was there. He walked out of the alley and saw Karen still talking to Adrian. He smiled, than turned and saw Brad still... arguing?... with himself. He than walks once again towards Cendall's castle. He knew exactly who he was going to go and find. He had seen all of the vampires except for his favorite, Silvia, lady of Illusion. If he did end up as a vampire, he would be with her. He was sort of using illusion when he teleported, and he actually could make people see things... he had one very special talent though (I'm not going to say what it is just yet). He was going to get an audience with one last vampire, Silvia, before he turned in for the day. He once again teleported, this time directly in front of the door to the room Silvia was in, and opened the door to go inside. He saw her drinking a heavy red fluid out of a golden wine goblet. She was not lik the other vampires, but he could see into her very SOUL, just like the rest of them. However, as to not startle her, he started with a soft and casual introduction. "Hello, Mrs. Porter, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Conner, and I wish to seek an audience with you." When she looked at him, he knew that she thought of him as just anouther to-be slave. He would not be taken, and he was going to see beforehand if she tried anything aggressive.

After Vlad and Cendall had left the area of stones, Sylvia found herself alone. She had gone back to her home, laying low and practicing her new ability, and she found it could be quite effective along with her own Illusions. In one instance, she had 'convinced' one of her slaves to practice with her, and she discovered that condensing her own blood as hard as steel required a lot, thus she would have to use her opponents' as well, and it basically sucked every ounce of blood out, but she returned it to him promptly.

She was sitting in her room yet again, drinking another blood donation from her slaves, and staring out the window she had been when first revealing Dracula. Such a lot has been done, in only a week. She was pondering on this when the boy named Conner so rudely interrupted -- as she smelt his blood, like she did with every one of her servants, she recognized the scent from the other night and smiled winsomely. Perhaps now was the time to act in taking another slave under her household. Even as he spoke, calmly and assuredly, she rose from her chair with the waxing moon casting its' light from behind her, causing her Silver-Blue eyes to seemingly glow and her Blood-colored hair to shine.

Setting her glass down on the windowsill, she crossed her slender arms, still smiling, then addressed the rude teen.
If you wish to seek audience, boy, it is always polite to ask for permission before entering a lady's room. What if I were to be in the middle of dressing, and you were to ravish me with your eyes? Would that be exactly audience, then?

He smiled while closing his eyes, saying "Than I believe that would be an awkward situation to say the least. The reason I came here though was to show you my talents." He snapped his fingers, making her blink like everybody. Also, like always, the moment she opened her eyes Conner had teleported. He said from behind her "For example... Silvia Porter, born in 1751, you are known as the Lady of Illusion and one of the few rare vampires that has eyes that were not effected when becoming a vampire."

Turning swiftly, Sylvia saw Conner half-way in and out the window, the elements bruising his back with his front facing her. She smiled fully and began laughing hysterically, placing her hands on her knees and letting out loud barks of noise considered laughter. In between breaths, she cried out, You-- do you realize... you're stuck in the window? Abruptly discontinuing the amusement, she took her glass and walked out the door and into the hall, walking along and admiring the paintings. I'll let you stay there and think about barging in on poor, defenseless vampire maidens.

"Ha ha ha... I was only trying to lighten the mood!" Conner said while leaning on the doorway. "But I do have other talents as well." Silvia turns on him, but hears a sound like rumbling stone. When she turns around, there is a cobblestone wall blocking her exit that way, along with metal bars blocking the windows. When she looked at Conner, the same had happened to his side, and he was simply admiring his surprisingly fine fingernails. He was blowing on one of them, than looked up and said "Do you have anything for a hangnail? I got it when I scraped my finger on the wall exiting your bedroom." He was staring her down with a perfectly "at home" demeanor.

Sylvia heard the glass of the window shatter and started walking just a bit quicker, when she heard his voice. She didn't look at him for the first part, but turned slightly towards him as he slyly said, other talents. She yelps as the wall rudely erupted through the mansion from the ground, splitting it nearly in half and sending screams from her servants as they were smashed from the ground-rising wall, and fell to the ground as the wall rose on the other side of Conner, splitting her humble abode into thirds. A great rumbling sound made its' way throughout a 5-mile radius, as the outside parts of the house fell to their sides, breaking everything and killing all of the slaves who were left alive from the stone walls. He even had the nerve to raise iron bars through the walls, splitting that part away from the house and leaving it like a doll-house to giants. Ironically, even the bars fell away since there was nothing to hold them there.

Sylvia was in deep shock, staring at everything, and nothing the boy said registered in her mind except for that smug, happy tone. Slowly looking at him, she rose as her eyes flashed a deep red, the same as her hair, and screamed at him,
You will PAY for your insolence!
She ran out the window, from the top floor, and landed lightly on the ground. She wrapped the Illusion of invisibility around herself, so that no other vampires or human beings would be able to see her or her aura, and ran from the falling mansion. As she ran, the bloody tears ran down her face as her anger, fear, and happiness all fell away to getting away from that place, and only when she had ran far away did she fall to her knees, still keeping the Illusion on herself. Her hair was messy, her dress torn from the fall, and she didn't care. She cried herself to sleep, laying on the ground in the middle of a bunch of stones, arranged in a circle.

He stared at where she had disappeared, than sighed, thinking I was hoping that would turn out better. Well... here goes nothing. He closes his eyes, thinking of the castle of how it was before. He shouted a cry that showed immense struggle. Removing his walls and iron bars, and replacing the original walls and repairing all that had been broken was the easy part. Fixing the slaves' bodies and getting their souls back before they reached heaven or hell, now that was the hard part. He did everything correctly, and the slaves that had died were alive again, but now he was exhausted, and returned to Silvia's room and he slept under one of the slaves' beds until tomorrow night.

Karen wrinkled her nose at the scent of cherries, finding the smell too sweet, almost sickly sweet. She sighed a little, realizing that she couldn't leave his questions unanswered: for one this was the second time Adrian had asked her why she was asking him questions. Then there was also the fact that Adrian, despite his prickly appearance, had been more than informative of the situation. Karen scratched the area behind her ears, taking a few minutes of silence to formulate an answer. How was she supposed to explain that she was one of those who had thought that the vampires were invincible and that she had left several others to the fates that Adrian had just described?

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......well....er... you see...um..." Karen stammered, before taking another deep breath, "There are people that I know... that could possibly be in...well... different camps... or dead... I'm...uh....not really sure..."

(Vlad's part) Vlad was deep in thought "I do hope that boy gets the artifact for me both our goals will be realized if he does...there can finally be peace." Vlad looked at a pool of quick silver his reflection staring back at him he wondered on his life and undeath. "I have gone on and on in this world if only I had been less naive...if I had understood humanity sooner or my own kind..." Vlad then decided to speak to Sylvia, he sunk back into shadow and found her presence and appeared next to her location and was concerned to see her lying on the ground. He walked to her to see if she was still well, he noticed her dress was torn and the streak marks of tears on her cheeks he also noticed the circle of rocks around her now he was cautious he had seen these things before and if he was not careful he may just be spending a few days reforming. He approached the formation and extended his shadow underneath the rocks to draw her to his realm to let her recover from what ever caused this he owed her that much from reviving him. As she sunk into the shadow he sunk into one as well back to his castle specifically one of the many bedchambers that were empty he appeared near the door while she appeared gently on the bed. Vlad made sure she was not dying once he was sure she would be fine he pulled a cover over her and he summoned a blood bag and cut it opened then poured it into a wine glass leaving it on the nightstand he then left going to his study to practice a hobby he hadn't in years the piano he played a very special song one that he enjoyed greatly.

(Adrian's part) He exhaled smoke keeping his eyes right on Karen. "Girly stop stuttering it will help you here to stand strong and say what you are trying to say and what do you mean you know people that may be dead or alive and in these camps." "Well this may be a situation and possibly an advantage hmm." Adrian thought now he just waited for her to respond.

Sylvia awoke slightly to the feeling of falling, but she felt herself in a bed and relaxed, resuming her fitful sleep. She was subconsciously aware of something touching her, lifting her arms and pushing her head back, but she didn't wake from her reverie as the examination ceased and a warm cloth was put around her shoulders.

Her eyes opened slowly as Vlad began to play mournfully through the piano, and as she listened it sounded as if he put all of his pain into the keys, expressing sorrow and hope through tempo and pitch -- it was truly masterful. As she surveyed the room she was in, however, her nerves were on edge, and she remembered how Conner had said something about other powers. Had he kidnapped her, while she was sleeping?? She scented blood and looked at the glass sitting on the bed-side table, but she didn't take the drink, for fear it may have been drugged or some other thing. She blinked as she realized she was being very paranoid about the boy. But then again, this human had powers and had torn down her home.

As she rose from the bed, she felt drawn to the music, but again she felt her heart quicken its' pace at the unknown. Something about this place she was in was blocking her powers of using the instinctive aura every vampire had, and she sensed great powers drifting towards her from... well, everywhere. Finally shaking off her fear and gathering her courage, she stepped outside and was amazed at the the corridors. As she went, she saw paintings from several years ago and books placed under them, maybe biographies? She paid no attention to where she was going, however, as she was listening to the music, and suddenly she found herself on the top of a flight of stairs, reaching down and revealing Vlad on the piano, seemingly putting his very soul into the melody. She silently listened, watching his movements as his fingers flew down the keys, the way his back bent with concentration. She closed her own eyes, letting her head lean against the wall behind her, and allowing her suspicions to ebb away, letting the music carry them away.

Mariana awoke with a terrible thirst. She made her way out from her room, her soft, magenta hair flowing over her shoulders. She wore a silk white dress, the sleeves falling over her shoulders and embroidered with lace. She traveled down two staircases inside her mansion, down to her dungeons. A man sat inside a cell, facing away from her.
"I'm feeling a little hungry, darling." she whispered, her voice soft and melodic.
Maria slipped into the cell, her hair falling over his shoulder as she leaned over him. Her lips neared his neck, yearning to break the soft skin. She quickly punctured, pulling out the luscious red fluid that she sustained her life on. When she was finished, she pulled away.
"You are free to wander. But know, that if you run I will find you."

Maria then went to the front door, opening it and stepping outside to take in the fresh air. She bit her lip. Something didn't feel right. Something was happening, outside of her territory. She would find out what it was soon enough, though. It was only a matter of time before another vampire would come along and give her news of the others.

Nikolaus sat in his cell, pondering the events thus far. He had been captured by the vampire, Lady Mariana. If he wanted to live, he had to do what she requested of him, until the time was right and he could escape. He had seen the horror of the vampire's power. He knew she was dangerous, and who knew if she was stronger or weaker than any others? What if there were vampires that were even more malicious? Maybe he was safer being in her clutches.

He tensed when he heard her enter the cell, whispering to him of hunger. He knew very well what this meant. She often came to him when she was feeling this way. He felt the pierce of her teeth, and quietly allowed her to feed on him. Yes, he would get his escape at some point. He couldn't be used like this forever.
When she finished, she left the door open to the cell. His dark eyes glanced up, hoping that this might be his chance. Maybe someone would come along to distract her, and he could make a run for it. He stood quickly, running a hand through his messy black hair. He was dressed in some simple jeans and a t shirt, nothing too fancy. These were the clothes he had been captured in. He refused to wear anything else. He made his way up the stairs toward the kitchen. He was feeling a little dizzy, but he was hungrier than anything else.

Where is he? I need to tell him. Carla was running towards the last place she saw Dracula's aura, but he was not there. In his place was a newly formed castle. She tried to open the door to go inside and look for him, but it wouldn't budge. She knocked on them for the longest time it seemed, waiting for the count to let her in so she could tell him the terrible news.

Karen bit her lip; she wasn't technically stuttering. Stammering and stumbling on words, yes, but repeating the same syllables? No.

"I-I-I'm not...sorry!" she stuttered, and mentally scolded herself: she usually didn't stutter, not in most situations, but whenever the same phrase, such as "I'm not stuttering" cycled through her head over and over again, she was bound to reach the same point several times, doomed to repeat herself. Karen sighed, and stopped that sentence, leaving it unfinished, for in its creation it was a truth, but once the words left her lips it had turned itself into a lie.

Karen gulped, a nervous expression on her face. "I was there...uh-sorry-uh-sorry...when they were....er-sorry-captured by the vampires..." she answered, apologizing every time she stammered.

(Vlad's part) While he was still playing he looked back and caught Sylvia's eye and beckoned her to join him he also sensed a presence outside his castle and sent his shadow to bring them here and if they resisted use force but don't kill them. He stopped playing and turned toward Sylvia and greeted her he smiled at her and said. "Hello Sylvia I so hope you are feeling better compared to how I found you." He then went back to plucking notes from many different songs that had appeared throughout the centuries waiting for her to respond.

(Adrian's part) He sighed he figured that is what had happened he looked at her and spoke. "Girl you need no apologize to me you didn't want to tell me that for fear of how I would react I am not mad I cant be mad at someone form running it's human nature you must live in the past but you must always remember them understand the fate they have been left to so you will never do it again. Now i'm not telling you to go challenge a group of bandits or vampires you don't have the skills to do that...yet anyway." He emptied his pipe and interlace his hands and looked at her and said. "You are at a crossroads what will you do now?"

it's human nature you must live in the past but
((Kind of confused why Adrian said to "live in the past". Is there a word missing here or am I just misinterpreting this sentence? :P))

(I'm sorry I was tired when I wrote that it should be "it's human nature, you must not live in the past..." I was tired and didn't proof read very well.)

((Okies ^_^ Tis fine. Typos and stuff like that happens sometimes. Especially when you're tired))

Karen's eyes widened in surprise: that was the last reaction she had expected. If she ever told someone something of that nature, most of the time they would yell at her, call her a horrible person, then storm off. She scratched the back of her neck, then spoke, "I want to make amends," she said clearly, "Undo what I can....which...er... I'm.... uh.... not sure exactly how to do, " she added, not so clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.