The Beginning of the New Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm how interesting Vlad thought as he watched the encounter from a shadow should I appear to the young man or not my...objective wont disappear hmm decisions decisions. Well nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose. With that last thought Vlad slipped into the forest near Brad and stepped out a dozen or so feet in front of him addressing him by his name. "Well that was an interesting encounter, a human who is alone encounters a vampire and nothing but idol threats happen...Very interesting indeed Brad or should I call you Bradley maybe I should address the presence with you he goes by John I do believe but I digress maybe you can shed some light on the events that have transpired on this little world of ours."

Brad seems to be almost knocked backwards by surprise, but before he can reply, John states,
Well if it isn't my old pal Vlad the Impaler, you have seen better days. Oh wait, should I call you Dracula now? It's been over a hundred years since I've last seen you. Do you still happen to remember being locked in that coffin by my old master? You seemed very shocked after that defeat, I do hope you aren't suffering from amnesia after that blow to the head. Hmm hmm hmm.
Brad takes control of his body once again, than says John, be nice... Hello, um... Dracula? I remember how famed you were, as both vampire and human. It is a pleasure to meet you, but I have a feeling that this is not a casual, let alone friendly, meeting is it? Brad frowns, and says in an almost nervous voice I don't want to fight you, or any vampires for that manner, I was just looking for a way out if the sanctuary fell. The only reason I fight vampires is because I'm protecting myself or others. People say that I have already beaten 3 vampires, but I've only really beaten 2. The third fight was won by John, and he killed him. He sudders and starts breathing in ragged breaths as he remembered the scene of the dead vampire. Blood covered half of the large room, intestines were used as the noose for the vampires limbless (limbs are arms and legs) body. Brad later discovered that the limbs had been used as paint to write the words "LET THIS BE A WARNING TO ALL VAMPIRES, LOOK IN THE LIVING ROOM AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT YOUR FATE WILL EVENTUALLY BE IN A FEW YEARS... ENJOY THE LAST FEW OF THEM YOU HAVE." on the outside of the house. Brad shook off the memory, along with the ragged breaths and the shudders. Vlad had seen what he was thinking in his eyes though (eyes are windows to the soul).

Cendall followed and watched it all from the shadows, He could easily follow Vlad but knew he couldn't stay hidden from him, but when he found him he saw the interaction between him and the boy Brad? that was the one who he was told to kill, Hmm this was getting very interesting, Cendall decides to stay hidden until a good moment where he could talk to Vlad and get even more information on all of the events that will happen and take place. He keep his powers to a minimum no one should be able to see him and if they did he would be able to tell, so he decided to stay calm and collect as much information as possible.

"I never forget my loses John...but as I recall you and your previous master couldn't kill me no one has came close to that goal for it is my curse to walk the earth until all is reclaimed by the sun...but I digress your life is in danger Brad I don't know why those reasons are hidden from me but my 'shadows' know much, for now though you must be cautious of those you meet." Vlad takes out a ring from his pocket and threw it to Brad who then caught it and saw...
Dragon.jpg
"Take care of that it will allow you to enter my 'realm' but only do so when you are more powerful then you currently are their are things there that even vampires would have a hard time killing...and before you ask about why i'm giving that to you well lets call it a investment...oh and do try not to throw up the first time is always the worst." Brad looked confused until Vlad snapped his fingers and Brad dropped into a shadow transporting him to his home. "whom ever is listening to this be careful you know not the powers you are trifling with nor do I appreciate being stalked leave now before I do something...drastic." Vlad then continued onto his objective.

Cendall knew he had been found. But decided the best course of action was to reveal himself to Vlad. "Don't worry it is only me, I'm sorry for hiding my Lord but you left so quickly and we didn't even have time to catch up. Besides what is it you are doing out here?" Cendall revealed himself to Glad and started asking questions. He didn't want to just leave and not get some valuable information besides he had to know what Glad was up to.

"Yes you I never heard your name and on that note where is Silvia I must speak to her also...you follow me and hide from me at the same time only assassins and cowards hide from me I can sense you have questions asking them now would be in your best interest boy." As Vlad said this he began to walk to several stones on the ground crouching and looking at them for several moments nodding whenever he found what he was looking for. Eventually he was satisfied by what he had seen and went to the center and produced a three seats made of shadow one for himself one for Cendall whom Vlad beckoned to sit in the chair to his front left Vlad then produced a bottle of wine from thin air it seamed along with a stemmed glass he then proceeded to pour the wine making it disappear once he was done with pouring the bottle he then sat and dipped on his drink waiting for Cendall to speak.

"Oh no no. I am no coward or assassin I was following you originally and then you ran into that not I wanted to hide from him not you. Besides I knew you would find me regardless I learned all of my tricks from legends of you of course." Cendall went to him and took the seat. Then he looked at Glad and have a grin. " Well I do have questions for you first I want to know why are you all the way out here? And second Why were you talking with that not over there? I was recently requested to kill him so funny how you two meet and begin talking." Cendall looked at Vlad with great intensity and curiosity

"Legends speak of tales of glory and conquest my past is...a dark affair and not all of my...abilities are known or discussed I have learned to cover my tracks well. As to my reason for being here...that will be explained when Silvia arrives as to why I was talking to the boy well...those reasons are my own. Also it would be in your best interest to think before you act on that kill order...you may find you bite off more than you can chew." Vlad then proceeded to pour another glass of wine and handed it to Cendall Vlad then pulled out a pipe and filled it with tobacco lighting it with matches Cendall looked perplexed at where these things kept coming from. "any other questions."

Brad sprang up from the shadows at his small bedroll in the middle of the park, the only place he truly knew out of the entire sanctuary. He almost was sick after a few seconds, but he had a strong stomach and kept his throw up to himself. At least he warned me first. John, you know Vlad? How do you know him and who was your old host? I don't understand.
You're young, so you may not completely understand, but have you read about a man named Steve Malarkey? He was my host, and I helped him defeat Dracula when I was only 63 in spirit years. He died a few years later from a snake bite... I believe it was a cobra, but I'm not sure... anyways, we buried him underneath the ground, near where the tallest building in that vampire estate was. So in a way, yes, I know him.

Cendall laighes, "No I doubt I'll get any answers out of you. And secrets are always around to be found Vlad. And don't worry I have no interest in killing anyone. I found it interesting is all. But I will say all I look for in life is knowledge and I feel that the longer I stay with the current path I'll unlock even more secrets.

Brad walks back to his post by the North entrance, that the current guard kindly gave up to go eat something. Brad looked up at the moon, which was now starting it's descent. He guessed that it was about 2:00 A.m. Good, I don't have to go to bed just yet. I wonder if Carla meant what she said about killing me if I come back... I wonder if she really does like me...
Well of course she does, but you are just a boy and you don't know the signs yet.
AAH! I forgot you could read my thoughts. HEY WAIT A MINUTE! What "signs", I'm sure she just doesn't want to kill me for some reason!

Sure... she won't kill you because she liiikes yoou!
SHUT-UP! NO SHE DOESN'T!

Yes
NO

Yes
NO! This fight continues until the sun almost rises. (So no more of Brad unless somebody brings him into it)

Silvia had turned to Cendall when she had finished helping Vlad into his new clothing and was about to greet him when she was interrupted by Vlad's proclamation, and was about to try and prevent him from leaving but only met the encroaching shadows he had disappeared into, hearing frenzied whispers that quickly faded to silence. Sighing, she put her fingers to her temples as she faced Cendall, closing her eyes momentarily and thinking about what had all just happened. When she opened them, however, the other vampire had left as well. Letting out an exasperated groan, she made sure that they were going to hear an earful when she found the two deserters as she let her anger simmer, going outside of her mansion and heading to the streets to walk.

Every vampire has a sort of magnetic field surrounding them, which they use to sense life forms surrounding them. At certain levels of power, this field will increase in size, meaning that the more powerful one gets the more life forms they have to "sense" in the back of their mind. Even though vampires aren't technically alive, they are included in the widespread field, and Silvia used this naturally embedded ability to locate the two, closing her eyes. Of course, there were several mice, rats, birds, and such, but she swept these all away and focused on the two radiant blips that persisted in her mind. Opening her eyes, she started running towards where they were, still following the streets as they were the easiest form of transport. To others, she looked like a normal girl running in the early-morning rain, if anyone was up at 2:00 in the morning, soaking wet and her fiery hair bouncing despite the water weight.

"Well it seams I will have to start before she arrives please to step back Cendall...this may get a bit messy." Walking to each stone Vlad bit his wrist splattering blood onto them they each slowly started to glow the ground also started to shake Vlad then raised his hand into the air. "You gave me nothing as a man so I will take all you hold dear to your heart I who have fought and bled for you, I who was forsaken by you and condemned to die, watch as I reclaim my throne on this earth through blood and death with the souls of those you damned with me I COMMAND THIS TOMB TO OPEN FOR VLAD III, PRINCE OF WALLACHIA." Vlad yelled as the ground began to split open revealing a structure made of solid black granite he then started to walk to the doors they opened for him Cendall tried to follow but they slammed shut on him he heard a faint voice sounding like Vlad's saying he need only wait this wont take more than a hour.

Carla was in her small tree hut, which was secluded and had a bunch of concealing runes that hid even her life waves. Not even the devil himself could see through her runes, and that is a fact. She was looking through the bag of a human she had killed a few days ago. She found mostly useless stuff. A pen, some pencils, a few markers, a booklet that was closed tightly with a lock that was missing the key (a diary/journal), and a self-defense pistol that was the same model as hers. She transferred the ice bullets from her chrome pistol into the chrome pistol with an icy blue paint job. Why that looks lovely! She than went back to the bag, which only had a small case in it. She opened it and smiled with happiness as her eyes beheld a snap camera (one of those cameras that after taking a picture, the image slides out of a slot large enough for the image to get through). It was a very lucky find, and she knew exactly what to do with it. I'll take that dear Brad's picture, than hang it on my wall so I can see his young face every day. I'm going to do it tomorrow night though, since it's almost light outside... She looks out her window and knows that she has exactly 4 hours, 52 minutes, and 24.2 seconds until the sun rises.

Last edited:
Silvia stops about 20 yards from Cendall and Vlad, fuming and ready to chew some ears, when all that was transformed into immense shock. She fell to her knees and her pupils dilated to near-nothing as she began to hug her arms around her body, holding herself together and breathing heavily and gasping. Closing her eyes, she heard only her heart pounding and saw the immense power of what Vlad had done, it appeared to her behind her eyelids as a rainbow of unimaginable colors arcing everywhere at once, but it was concentrated into the doorway that he disappeared into.

It was then that she realized the true talent of Vlad, and paled more than she already had to think of what he could be at full force. As the magic dissipated, her senses begun to come back to her, and she realized that her arms were bleeding from her nails digging into them, jiggling back and forth and making the wounds worse as she shook. She saw splotches of wetness on the dirt and felt the tears falling down her face in a steady stream, her ragged breathing calming as she came back to reality. Standing shakily, she covered her arms' wounds with her hands, but if she tried to wipe the blood away it would only smear; her tears came as red streaks falling down her face as if she were bleeding from her eyes. Her red lips seemed pale compared to those streaks.

True to Vlads word he was quick this place would herald his arrival to this world for human and vampire alike he walked along the corridors where he came upon an alter with a chalice sitting in the center to his left and right were his sword and armor his armor was very roman inspired
Legionary_Armor.jpg
his sword had a wicked edge to it made to inspire fear into his enemies and to make them bleed rather killing them out right
sword.jpg
as he fitted these to his body he approached the chalice and picked it up he looked into it and saw the black liquid that filled it he grimaced then said to himself."For you who have died in my service know you are never forgotten." He then proceeded to drink the liquid once it was gone he released the chalice and let it slip from his hands. Let them feel my power with that thought Vlad released the built up power of 584 years of existence his power started to extrude from him in a black aura seeping out of his armor like ink. "I am reborn Vlad Dracul (Vlad Dracula) and so out of the chaos my kingdom shall rise atop the ashes of the previous civilization." Vlad then proceeded back to the entrance to greet those waiting for him

Silvia saw the doors open again, within 15 minutes, and she had mustered enough energy in that time to hide her wounds with the Illusion magic, wiping away any trace of her basic freak-out, and restricted her own magic a bit so that she wouldn't practically "see" it. Since Silvia's magic is Illusionary, this means that she has the power to see, feel, and hear things that others wouldn't, or force those senses onto others to overwhelm them, but sometimes this hinders herself as well. She gave a fake smile to Vlad as he appeared from the dark doorway and greeted him,
Hello again, Vlad. Taken care of some business?

Vlad simply stares at her contemplating her when he blurred out of her sight line and appeared next to Silvia his arm wrapped around her shoulder keeping her in place he then leaned down and whispered into her ear. "You awoke me from my slumber and I am grateful for this but when you awoke me I was not at but 1/100th of my power but now I am returned to my full power I can properly thank you." Vlad then proceeded to make a small cut in Silvia's arm just enough to draw blood he then held her arm out and cut his palm letting his blood into her wound. "As the first of our kind I have a...unique ability to give powers to those I find worthy or as a reward for a kindness...for you I give you the ability to control blood the currency of the soul and our source of nourishment you will be able to stop the blood flow of creatures or pull it out and create a weapon of it you are only limited by your imagination, be aware being more powerful then you can stop you if its used against them but enough practice should nullify this weakness." Vlad then let go of Silvia and proceeded to walk back to the house he needed to find a map to consult.

( May I have another character?)

(( It seems you already have with this Carla you added. And what about Conner? You can't make another one! Unless... you wanted to do Character Sheets for them?... Let me just warn you that inexperienced role players will have a hard time playing two or three characters equally.))

Silvia was surprised to have her sight temporarily blocked and tensed when she felt his arm around her; goosebumps raised the hair on her skin as he whispered to her in that monotone voice, and her thoughts flitted to a scene where he would kill her quickly, instead of a drawn-out death, as his gift of thanks. She bit her lip as her heart quickened pace when he cut her arm, but she was curious to see how he'd thank her, despite her underlying fear of his ruthlessness. She felt his own warmth flow into her veins... it was a very strange feeling, until it had reached her heart. She only heard key words as her mind used all of its' mechanics for processing this new-found ability, "Reward... kindness... control blood... stop... create a weapon... imagination..." She blinked as he let her go, shaking her head a little, then sat herself down on the ground. It drained her energy to receive the information of a whole new skill set, with a basic intuition of how to use it, and a confusing buzzing had started in her head at her scalp.

She brought a strand of hair to her face and watched in detached fascination as she watched it change color, from root to tip, into a decidedly more maroon color, and it looked a lot like blood. She looked around herself to see the world had gone black-and-white for a couple of seconds, slowly fading to its' original colors, and she couldn't help but wonder if the color of her eyes had changed. Her Illusion magic wore off, since she wasn't paying attention to it, and she could clearly see the drying blood that had run down to her elbows. Concentrating on that line of blood, she focused on lifting it off her body and back onto the wound to form a scab... and amazingly, the red fluid came off her arms in droplets, forming together until her skin was flawless except for the large holes of radiating pain her fingernails had left. Squinting, she directed the blobs of blood onto the wounds, directing it to cover every part and the leftover flowing back into her bloodstream, and she marveled at how natural it seemed. She stood up, feeling invincible, and watched as Vlad walked away.

She wondered, what were his motives...

Status
Not open for further replies.