The Bedlam Academy

Lyle wasn't used to all of the attention. His eyes went big as he was being observed. He pondered the idea of the humans being amused from his presence. He re focused and payed attention. He licked the tips of his fangs as he nodded at the people around him.

"Yes I'm a...Did you call it vampire? I guess that's what it is now." He shrugged his shoulders.
"I'm no threat..Please. I don't think going to get blood is a good idea now..You see it's quite dangerous for someone like me..Uh a vampire to disrupt feeding habits. It could mess up the balance between hungry and Greed. You don't want me to grow greedy do you?" Lyle chuckled.

His ears moved his head like a swivel as someone dropped something. He was about to investigate until he was hugged. He was surprised yet releived. The girl hugged him tightly stretching the muscles on his back relaxingly. He sighed from pleasure and hugged the girl back. He scent was delicious yet daring. He wanted a bite but no better. He backed up and crouched lower to the ground stretching out his thighs. The vampire was cooped up the whole week.

He rolled his neck and decided he was all stretched.

"Ahh It feels good to be free." The boy looked at the girl who spoke of the stray jacket.

"Well I may be a vampire but 4 full grown men still overpowered me. It's was frustrating..Have you ever been jumped just walking down the street? For no reason..Well that pharmacist was pretty tast- Uh let's just say no matter how strong someone is there's still power in numbers."

He then addressed the girl who hugged him and her friend. "It's all right. You didn't know. Oh and I'm not sure why I didn't get any blood bags..But honestly I'm quite happy. It really tastes tainted..Yuck." Lyle stuck out his tongue disgusted.

"Oh and don't worry about patience. I still have about 300 years left before I grow old and boring..Maybe I'll get stronger too. I don't know."

Lyle was about to pick out a book for himself until he caught a wiff of some blood. He qucikly got out of sight and climbed up a huge bookshelf. He layed down flat on his back looking at the ceiling. He knew he wasn't in view but he still felt he should take precautions. He licked his fangs again thinking about the blood. He took another wiff and caught the scent. He peeked to his right and noticed someone with a bandage. His pupils grew dark red as his fangs elongated.

He shook his head and rolled off the bookcase landing on his feet.He wouldn't allow himself to mess up. He wouldn't allow himself to get greedy. He grabbed a book without looking and walked back to where the humans where. He sat down and pushed the dictionary away. He looked at the cover and laughed. "Dracula"
He opened the book and started reading slowly.

He reached the part where Dracula killed his first victim. Lyle started laughing.
"Haha! I love Bram Stoker."

Red walked over to Lyle and sat down. She hesitated and put her hand softly on his shoulder.

"Do you remember me?" she asked. "I think-I'm pretty sure it was you. Or maybe I'm mistaken from my dreams. But do you remember me?"

Summer smiles. "I'm surprised they don't check if I'm wearing that leather outfit they gave me. It's degrading to me and the skirts are too small. If I wear the pants the boys whistle at me. This school is weird."

Sinclair stood back a little from the group, watching as Lyle and Red and Summer converse, her eyes sweeping over to Kiyra and Corvo to find them talking a little as well. She smiled at the way everyone was being kind with one another before she went to peruse the books.

She walked alone, her fingers brushing over the spines until she foud one that looked interesting. She took it out and began to read a few pages, allowing the solitude to take her to a different world, if only for a moment.

((thankyou! lol))

Corvo walked up to Sinclair calmly. "Whatya reading?" he asked softly with a smile.

((You're welcome!))

Sinclair jumped a little when he came up behind her, so lost in the book she nearly forgot there were other people around. She gave him a smile and showed him the book.

"I'm not 100% sure yet, but it's about a girl from China that's trying to find her own way in the world instead of trying to follow everyone else's path. It looks interesting. The dialogue is beautiful," she told him, her eyes changing to a light blue color, a gentle and sweet color as she looked back at the book.

Lyle looked up from his comedy book. He looked at the girl studying her features. She didn't seem to ring a bell but her voice sure did. He tried hard but couldn't remember. He stood and stepped closely eye to staring deep into her pupils. He saw a reflection of himself. He saw light, He saw ..Fire. He huffed and stepped back.

"No..I am sorry but I don't think we have met."

Lyle felt wrong. Something inside of him felt emotional for the girl. Something deep..Something...Suppressed.

Corvo smirked. "Well I wanna read to," he said before rapping his arms around her and hugging her closely from behind.

Sinclair laughed as he hugged her, hiding her face behind the book for a moment to also keep him from seeing her eyes turn that pretty pink color from the attention. Corvo's arms were strong and warm; she felt safe there with him.

"Then let's read," she replied flirtatiously, turning around in his arms and bringing the book up to hide them for view while she pressed a kiss to the side of his mouth again.

Summer finds her lost backpack in the corner of the library. "Where is the nearest bathroom?"

Axel got himself settled on the floor, knees drawn up and wrapping his arms around them whilst he let his hair hold the book and flip the pages. It was a Sidney Sheldon original entitled 'Morning Noon and Night.' The man was a truly good writer, in his opinion, what with all the twists and suspense and surprises. It was a chore to put the book down once you'd already started.

Red was let down by Lyle's response. She swore the first time they had met was real. These days it's was getting hearder to tell. She reached for her wrist and the a thick scar was there as expected. This was real.

Red slowly smiled returning to favorite feeling. She felt like being a tricky little devil.

"Oi! Summer, Axel, and you!" she looked straight back at Lyle and she gave him a wink, "let's leave the lovebirds alone and go set the orderlies office on fire. Axel, Summer, you can have fun with fire while Lyle and I keep a lookout. They haven't paid for putting Summer in those leather outfits or putting Lyle in a straight jacket and muzzle. And best of all, we can finally have recess again!"

Red knew Summer was in-after all this was right up her alley. She looked at Axel, smirked and then looked at Kyira. "Kyira, I think it's best you stay... You seem.... well.....I don't think you'd like the fire......plus someone needs to look after the lovebirds and teach them how to read...."

She put her hand in Lyle and said "You coming loves?"

Corvo blushed at the kiss and kissed back laying his lips straight on hers. He smiled on her lips. Sinclair's lips were so warm and soft. He didn't even want to pull away.

Sinclair felt her cheeks growing hot from the kiss, but didn't pull away until they had to in order to breathe. When she looked up at him, her eyes were still that rose pink color, but she was smiling as happily and brightly as the sun.

"Well, I guess this school was good for something," she murmured against his lips before pecking them and then pulling back.

Axel glanced up and shrugged, placing the book back and moving to stand next to Red. "Why not?"

Lyle smiled at the girl. He smiled and chuckled a little. He liked the idea of messing with the orderlies. He also liked the idea of getting some alone time with red. It gave him more time to get to know her and see her roots and culture. Lyle was always a sucker for diverse females. He bit his bottom lip just thinking about her.

He squeezed her hand gently. He tapped her hand with his thumb and smiled. He then nodded at the others and led the way out the library. He stopped just outside with Red still in hand.

"Where is the orderlies office? My morsel."
Lyle's eyes looked deep into Red's. He wanted to end it. He just wanted to bite her now..

"Morsel! Lyle, I'm not food and I'm DEFINITELY more than a mouthful. Now stop giving me hungry looks. And it's that way." Red pointed to the left and begun walking that way. Red stopped and yelled to Summer "Summer, are you coming or do you need to take a whiz still?"

Red chuckled to herself as she walked towards the orderlies' office. No one really was talking and she didn't want to risk another episode in the silence so Red begin to sing softly:
Nighttime comes with shadows trailing
Baby's eyes are open wide,
Watching what the twilight pale
Hides behind her purple veil.
Sleep and rest, sleep and rest.
*Momma* knows that sleep is best

Red had sung Momma a bit spitefully. Mother was complicated. She turned the corner and smiled. They were almost there and for once, there was no trouble from the orderlies.

Sleep shall take you where the lilies
Star the quiet pool wit light,
Where the winds are whistling mild,
Glad to great a weary child,
Sleep and rest, sleep and rest,
Momma knows that sleep is best.

((OCC: This song is called Bohemian Lullaby))

Corvo smiled at her. "Pretty sure this is not allowed at. all." he said with a small laugh.

"Do you really care? 'Cause I don't," she retorted playfully, giving him a warm smile as she continued walking down the aisle, "I think the others have abandoned us. Should we follow them or go off on our own adventures? They said something about setting the orderlies on fire...I'm not sure how that is going to turn out, but I do know that if they're caught, the punishment will be severe."

She pulled out another book and flipped through it's pages, turning her eyes to Corvo again, "What do you think? I'm down for whatever."

"We should keep an eye on them from a distance. Mostly, because I don't wanna get caught, and I don't want you to get caught. How bout it?" Corvo asked already knowing the answer.