The battle of Blackrock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrm... I have a smexy shaman/cook/healer/second, and a tough, honorable warrior negotiator... I still dont have an awesome roguish character to lead my archers and for special 'delicate' missions 8D

[MENTION=2081]Ferril[/MENTION] Hmmmmm, I think I might have a character in mind. However, I won't have it ready today since I'm about to head out but...perhaps tomorrow :). If you have any more ideas feel free to message me since I might have difficulty in picking a personality type. By the way, she's going to have to be a female since I'm not good at roleplaying males >_>. Are you OK with another female for The Red Hand? Lmao

Grimoire I wasn't scolding or anything!! I love your character lol. I usually go insanely overboard on my characters and end up writing a good 12 paragraphs or so for them and I love it when I find somebody else with good characters creation ^_^ In fact...

*Nudges her* Why doncha make a member of the Red Hand? Eh? Eh? *Shameless cajoling 8D*

STAPH! D:
I don't want every damn soldier in my town to be a mercenary! T-T

[MENTION=1930]Dedtoo[/MENTION] Ok, ok I wont make a Red Hand character lol XD

So should I make that commander or would that be unnecessary?

I could go ahead and draw up the character, and if she doesn't drop out he could simply function as a second in command (again) or some other lower officer on the totem pole?

Sure! If Estha leaves, you're da baws! If she doesn't, you're the officer under her and her other character!
Also, I'm thinking of adding a second character for myself. The Greater Shaman. Unless anyone else wants the role :P

I've got my work cut out for me now. No new characters plz xD

Ser Ector Aquila
Lord Father of the army
old_knight_by_narrator366.jpg

Sex: Male
Race: Human
Physical: Ector's tall, weathered figure is one of comfort to his troops and fear to his enemies. He's tall and lean, with a fierce look to him that tends to frighten newcomers. He's fast and he's strong after years of training, and perhaps he's not quite what he used to be, but he makes up for it with skill. In a way he's handsome, but the marks of battle have taken a toll and he's never one to indulge in any vain practices that might improve his rough looks.
Combat Skills: If it's a soldier's weapon, you can bet your life that Ector can wield it effectively. He prefers the hand-and-a-half or bastard sword with a round shield, but will pick up whatever's closest in a pinch. He's pretty good with unarmed combat but truly he fights best from horseback, especially with a lance. He was originally trained a knight and won many jousts in his youth, skills which he carries well to the field of war.
Leadership Style: Ector is often called the Lord Father of the army, for he treats every man in it like his own son. He's a strict father with high expectations, but his genuine caring is impossible to doubt. He's old fashioned, a knight thrust into officer's clothing rather than the other way around, and some of those old fashioned traits have crippled him. He's religious and more than a little xenophobic, but the biggest issue he faces commanding is his chauvinism. He, like his fathers before him, sees the man's place as the field and the woman's as the home. While he's ever courteous to female soldiers and officers, he's never approved of them and has deep-seated doubts their abilities. He's caused more than a little conflict in the past by micromanaging other high-ranked females or even doing their work for them. Though this makes him difficult to deal with, Ector is a talented and dedicated leader with years of experience and learning under his belt, making him an excellent tactician, orator, and strategist.
Other Skills: Strangely enough, Ector's passion is making maps. Cartography helps him relax, and his detailed records of enemy territory have made return expeditions to old areas much easier. In addition he's rather fond of singing and practices often, though he prefers hymns to the bawdy drinking songs of most soldiers.
Personality: Old-fashioned and polite but with great expectations, Ector is a knight first and a commander second, a good friend to many and a father figure to countless more. He's a chauvinist and a xenophobe, but a religious and genuinely caring man who perhaps should have been born another century or two earlier.
Past: Raised in a backwater fief, he always dreamed of being a knight on a white horse, waving the banner of god and country. It was a long tradition that, unfortunately, did not entirely fit the new world. He adapted and became an officer, and was starting to relax and loosen up when his eldest daughter announced her intention of becoming a knight. Shocked and outraged he cracked down, attempting to mold her into a lady. What resulted some years later was a sudden fire and her disappearance, and though in many letter's she's claimed it to be coincidence, the blaze claimed the life of two of Ector's sons and his wife besides, and he has never found it in his heart to forgive her, though her innocence was later proven and she was indeed knighted. This has fostered in him a deep and resounding sadness, as well as a resentment and apprehension towards women taking on men's work. His two dead sons he sees daily in the boys serving under him, and seeks to make them all into men their fathers could be proud of.

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
Ector looks like a badass Gentleman...
But by the way, It's better to stop gawking and make a character.

Darn... you Debtoo you ruined my chances of having an army chock full of smexy lady commanders. (Obviously has always been my dream, and the dream of any other man I have ever met) Ah well, I certainly like the ones I have~

Who is this Debtoo you speak of? :P
And don't complain, or I might lay down the hammer of "No mercenaries"! >:D

[MENTION=4947]Lady Sabine[/MENTION] There we go! Accepted!

I think we're getting close to starting this whole thing! :3

Awesome~ I can't wait.

Yeah, sorry about the waiting. Lots to do as I moved into a new place yesterday. :I

I'm most likely gonna start it up tomorrow though!

Hope the move went well and you like the new place. ^^

This is going to be fun XD
(Also added stuff to Varn's app if people be interested.)

Sorry for being a slowpoke, guys. I've been unexpectedly slammed. Spent most of the day in the hospital then went out for an early birthday dinner... now I just want to sleep. I'll try to grind out a quick reply but it will not be up to snuff and I might fall asleep in the middle of it. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.