The battle of Blackrock

Status
Not open for further replies.
A role play of humans., elved, and dwarves....
I am so intrigued; I will try to get in a sheet by next Sunday (in light of school coming up).

Name: Zenobia Darksteel of the Blackrock Clan

Title: The Wolf

Rank: Captain of a small/secret elite squad, The Wolves, made up of only the best...for the Warlord deserves no less. The Wolves are bound to protect Blackrock but Zenobia's number one priority is the safety of their Warlord even if it means taking her own life. No one is above her except for Hargorsh Siegebreaker himself which she respects and knows that his word is law. She is like a shadow and follows him around wherever he goes. Zenobia also acts as his eyes & ears and gathers information on whatever he may request.

Sex: Female

Race: Orc

Physical: Zenobia is somewhat short for an Orc standing only 7 feet tall...indeed most Orcs tower above her. However, do not be fooled by her small stature for she is quite capable of putting someone in their place when the time calls for it. What she lacks in brute force Zenobia makes up for it with speed and acrobatic ease. She has thick hair colored black with some dark bronze highlights from being under the sun most of the time. Her hair reaches to the middle of her back and is often put up in a ponytail or a braid to keep it out of the way when she's out handling her business. Perhaps her most attractive feature are her eyes which appear like two pale green glowing orbs that give off the eerie feeling that they can pierce deep into your soul. Her skin is a dark shade of green and is always unusually cool to the touch. Zenobia's skin is also decorated with scars but the largest scar of them all is on her right upper leg. That particular scar she got from fighting an alpha wolf (a beast almost as big as a horse) by herself as part of establishing herself as the Captain of The Wolves. Besides the scars the rest of the skin on her body is completely smooth and hairless (except for the hair on her head & eyebrows). The female orc often smells of a mixture of rich spices and smoke. Her lean body is pure muscle and so is perfectly built for a fighter with strong muscles from head to toe. On the other hand, she doesn't necessarily look like a male with such powerful physique for she still holds a curvaceous body that screams out sexy lady orc. For a normal civilian her presence may seem rather intimidating since Zenobia's face is very serious and her posture is always straight and coiled up so tightly that she'll spring into action at any moment. She needs not to shout to command attention and her voice has a feminine rapines to it but still quite seductive and not so harsh to the ear. Her eyes are sharp making her incredibly observant about everything. Zenobia is always walking at a fast pace for she always is busy with things to do. Lastly, she mainly wears silver and black (the colors of The Wolves) with gold and red for popping/accent colors to whatever attire she may wear.

Personality: Zenobia is a fiery spirit and very headstrong to the point that it can be incredibly frustrating for those that are used to having it their way. Indeed she is very obstinate and has no shame to speak her mind but Zenobia is capable of being complaisant when the Warlord demands it...although, there are those times when she takes necessary risks to complete the task but fortunately her instincts are usually right. There's not much that scares her and so will willingly and valiantly throw herself into battle to defend her people and even more for those that she loves. However, she does have fears of being alone but worse yet is that Zenobia is terrified of loving romantically again for she lost her lover to the bloody hands of Brionians. Sadly, the same fate as her lover was brought down on her family. These fears are, of course, kept secret and will most likely be taken to her grave. These fears also contradict each other and so create an inner turmoil that torments her because she want's someone (fear of being alone) but at the same time she can't for she is scared of losing someone again (fear of loving again).
Unlike Hargrosh, who can be caring, Zenobia is rough around the edges with anyone that is involved with war and politics...innocent civilians and her friends are a different story. Unfortunately she sometimes doesn't even realize when she has gone too far to hurt someone and getting an apology out of her is close to impossible. Zenobia doesn't trust so easily, especially humans, but luckily she does trust some beings and at the top of her "Those That I Trust My Life With" list is the Warlord himself, Hargrosh. Despite her cold and overbearing demeanor she is actually rather sensitive but Zenobia will never ever display physical and emotional pain, fears, and tears in front of anyone. With those she are friends with she lightens up a whole lot more and if you really knew her you'd realize that she is quite the humorous and down to earth Orc.
Although she may appear to be a ruthless beast she is honorable and fair...but it is sometimes difficult to do that during battle and around bad guys when the blood lust is running deep in her veins which can completely blind her and take control of her. Perhaps her most admirable trait is that she is incredibly loyal to those that have earned it. She would run into the pits of hell and fight the Devil himself just to retrieve your bloody soul back...that's how loyal, stubborn, and dependable she is. Zenobia can be kind in her own special way but finds it hard to display affection and will most likely smack anyone if they tried to hug her. During battle she is not brash and impulsive but flips on her battle switch and turns into a more collected, strategic, yet still a brutally lethal creature.

History: Zenobia Darksteel grew up in Blackrock along with her great grandparents, brothers, and parents. Her family was made up of male warriors so she was never a stranger of war. Instead of following her great grandmother and mother as a Shaman she chose the path of a warrior. At a young age she stood beside her brothers learning how to fight for battle and it was during battle that she met her lover. Unfortunately, the greatest price to bringing honor to your family by fighting in battle was death. The worst that could happen did happen and Zenobia's entire family including her lover died at the hands of the over zealous people of Briona who followed The Light and wished to cleanse the world of "foul creatures". Blackrock won that bloody battle but it cost her her loved ones...she lost everything. Her vengeance added fuel to the fire and it propelled her quickly to the top of the ranks to where she is now. Zenobia has sworn to protect her people, friends, and the Warlord till the day she dies but also has a personal goal which is revenge.

Equipment: Unlike most Orcs that master the big weapons such as great swords, hammers, and axes she in the other hand is more adept with the more "lighter" type of weaponry such as dual swords, daggers, and claws for close range combat. As for long range she sticks with a spear or a bow. She is, of course, limited to carrying one close range and one long range weapon. Her weapons have no offensive magic but they are enchanted so that they are unbreakable under any type of contact including magic. The enchantment is physically manifested by the black colored steel that glows brightly during battle. Zenobia is no master of all elements but she is adept in wielding air/lightning magic that is colored black, but just like any other type of magic the more she uses it the more she is weakened and becomes even more vulnerable. She also has knowledge of poisons and healing herbs which she learned from her grandmother who was a highly respected Shaman. Lastly, Zenobia chooses medium armor which gives her the opportunity to move around more swiftly and efficiently but knows that the risk of weapons piercing through her armor is much higher.

Her most important item is not a weapon but a pendant that serves as a memory of her family. The pendant is a black stone with a silver chain which she constantly wears. A few have actually seen it for she wears it discreetly underneath her attire. Although the pendant brings her happy memories it also burns with her vengeance and hopes that one day she'll be able to avenge her family.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Miki
Let's give the humans some... ferocious allies.

Name: Jarvig
Race: Dwarf
Personality: Bad superiority complex. Grumpy, ready for battle, distrusts strangers and their motives. Pretty much opposite of Blackrock.
Bio: Humans may dislike orcs and whatnot, but this short-tempered 5ft bundle of muscles dislikes anyone that isn't a dwarf. Hell, he even dislikes most dwarves. Thinking of himself second to none, Jarvig volunteered to the ranks of lowest soldier, so that he'd be sent to the frontlines where he'd get the most action. Despite being surrounded several times and having had several fatal wounds over the course of many years, this hot headed dwarf still manages to charge forward and smash hard. The many scars covering his body never seemed to have made its way to his brain. Be it tenacity or pure luck, this little man is still running around and kicking butt. (Don't ever call him little man.)
Appearance:
samflegal_warhammerdwarf_hornholddefender.jpg
Other: Fights with two hammers. Carries a throwing axe, like his friend does. Would rather become physically stronger than use any enchanting runes on his weaponry. His hammers do not have anything inscribed with them, but he can still break bones with brute force. He may be short, but he easily overpowers any human that isn't a powerhouse himself.

------------------------------------------------

Name: Beltiln Tarmikos
Race: Human
Personality: Much like Jarvig, this man cares little for anyone else. He even sees dwarves as a greater race than humans.
Bio: Born with an unsatisfiable bloodlust, Beltiln had murdered 3 grown men at the age of 12, including his own father. Rather than being sentenced to death, as was common to murderers, the council decided this beastly boy would make a good addition on the battlefield. Beltiln underwent a 6-year training, honing his combat skills and shaping him into a beast of a man. Standing at 6ft 9, this man is no pushover, even compared to an orc.

After several broken weapons and many unsatisfied visits to every blacksmith in town, Beltiln finally stumpled upon the meanest and grumpiest, but said to be one of the best, dwarven blacksmiths there was. Like looking into a mirror, the two madmen cursed and sweared at each other until the challenge was accepted where both would enter the battlefield and see who could endure and take down more. After that, both became lifelong friends.
Appearance:
berserker_by_fransmensinkartist-d5bzvpc.jpg
Other: Fights with twin blades and a throwing axe which he sometimes, mostly at the start of every fight, uses as main weapon. His twin blades serve for both offense and his only defense aside from a helmet. These swords have broken more often than not before his fighting spirit, leaving him unarmed a lot of times in the middle of battle, forcing him to borrow (steal) some poor bastard (dead guys)'s weapon.

Due to his lack of armour and education, it is more than obvious Beltiln has got more scars than he can count. And he carries them proudly. But what differs him from Jarvig is not his race, but rather his admiration for magic. Much like a little boy, Beltiln could watch mages cast spells for days on end.

Naturally, because of his wounds in the battlefield, Beltiln frequently visits the local healer, a cute elven woman with which he feels very happy to be around for some reason. She is the only person whose orders he more than happily follows and she's lead to Beltiln's only time where he voluntarily studied something. Healing magic.

Beltiln cannot heal others, his magic only works for himself. Able to heal small cuts and wounds all over his body in a matter of seconds. He can stop the bleeding from a fatal wound for about an hour and, combined with his berserker status, can keep fighting, or retreat to get the wound treated.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
somehow, I feel like there are going to be too many characters per player. Just an observation...

Okay, to make this easy... I think I'll just put a big, fat ACCEPTED on erryone here now. If you can't handle all the characters you've chosen though, its gonna be a big battle, and some people are going to die, so that'll be taken care of easily enough.

Also:

[MENTION=4947]Lady Sabine[/MENTION] I rather liked parts of what you did here, especially as some of the decisions about the shamanism was as I've already got for the Orcs! :3

[MENTION=3476]Grimoire[/MENTION] So secret a squad that I didn't even know I had it until now! :D

Reactions: Grimoire
Dang Grimoire... well done. Though now I'm going to have to go back and redo my char app to catch up with you :D
Not that I mind obviously lol.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Might have to pull my characters out D:

Work is balls and my own games have to come first @_@

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
I'm probably going to add to and improve Viortu a bit. ^^ I'm trying to keep her shamanism in line with the canon, just let me know if I'm taking it in the wrong way. I figure shamanism would be ancient and more focused on the general well-being of a clan than a completely combat-oriented role, and involve elements of spiritualism, summoning, alchemy, healing, enchantment... a little bit of everything, without great power in any specific area. Does that sound like what you intended or am I misreading things?

I'm in! YES! Although, I do have to apologize for adding my application...it seems like I may have come at the wrong time >_> with so many characters up already. I took a head count on how many there are for each faction so far. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Briona: 4 (2 if Esthalia pulls out her/ his characters)

Blackrock: 4

The Red Hand: 3

Undecided: 1

LOL Ferril, yeah...I may have gotten a little too excited.

Might have to pull my characters out D:

Work is balls and my own games have to come first @_@

Damn you Estha! D:
I wanted you as the other commander!

[MENTION=4947]Lady Sabine[/MENTION] It's more about the clan as a whole than just combat, yes. But it can still be used very efficiently at combat. Most of the channeling of the Spirits of the ancestors happens with the use of fire. As in, if someone tries to use it for healing, fires appear in the healer's hands, and spreads over the wounded areas. It being a healing fire, it does no harm, yet there can be fires focused on harming instead. Some shamans specialize in a more general approach, while others focus only on one aspect.

[MENTION=3476]Grimoire[/MENTION] Thanks for doing the headcount. I'm just gonna assume it's right! :D
I'm not gonna show anyone who's already signed up the door, but I am going to want at least one commanding figure for the Brionians before we start! That is, if Estha actually does quit. >_>

Reactions: Esthalia
The character Ledona, although she is part of the Makajalu, will probably be the only member to show up to an actual fight. I don't plan on making any more characters unless needed, but if anybody is confused by her I'll try to define it.

The Makajalu, prefer balance, over power. And will basically fight against the leading power, thus joining forces with the weakest for that time being.

Sometimes they attack a city directly, but only if they are with an army. But usually don't believing they helped enough to get the weakest party that far

So, short example. Battle starts, no clear victor. Ledona just watches.
Red Hand are winning, Blackrock are loosing.
She fights with the Blackrock, the fight equals.
She goes back to watching from afar, only to join the Red Hand when they start to loose.

Thus, what ever side is loosing, she will switch to fight for that side, then will become a spectator if the battle balances out. And when a side starts to loose, she joins them.

Ugh I have another character in mind but I MUST RESTRAIN MYSELF!! *goes and sulks in the corner*

[MENTION=5367]Seraphinia[/MENTION] Don't mean to sound like an overbearing jerk but could you possibly be confusing The Red Hand with the Briona army? Since those are the two main factions. If not then sorry and ignore this post XD!

I'm thinking Viortu will still be very generalized as she's in training, sorta. XD I'll keep the fire aspect in mind.
I suppose I could contribute a Brionian commander if that would help?

Well, don't expect much strategy and tactics from my guys..

The character Ledona, although she is part of the Makajalu, will probably be the only member to show up to an actual fight. I don't plan on making any more characters unless needed, but if anybody is confused by her I'll try to define it.

The Makajalu, prefer balance, over power. And will basically fight against the leading power, thus joining forces with the weakest for that time being.

Sometimes they attack a city directly, but only if they are with an army. But usually don't believing they helped enough to get the weakest party that far

So, short example. Battle starts, no clear victor. Ledona just watches.
Red Hand are winning, Blackrock are loosing.
She fights with the Blackrock, the fight equals.
She goes back to watching from afar, only to join the Red Hand when they start to loose.

Thus, what ever side is loosing, she will switch to fight for that side, then will become a spectator if the battle balances out. And when a side starts to loose, she joins them.

Seraphine, I love you for being so detailed and creative~!

• Love
Grimoire I wasn't scolding or anything!! I love your character lol. I usually go insanely overboard on my characters and end up writing a good 12 paragraphs or so for them and I love it when I find somebody else with good characters creation ^_^ In fact...

*Nudges her* Why doncha make a member of the Red Hand? Eh? Eh? *Shameless cajoling 8D*

Yeah, I knew you weren't scolding =]

Another character? Don't encourage me 'cause I might do it lolol! Did you have something in mind, [MENTION=2081]Ferril[/MENTION]?

Status
Not open for further replies.