The battle of Blackrock

Status
Not open for further replies.
[dash="blue"]Name: Nuala Trocaire
Species: Half Breed - Shapeshifter/Enchantress
Appearance: Nuala is known for her fiery red hair, its appearance completely unnatural to humans it's what mainly gives away that she isn't human. Her five feet four inch stature though makes many think of her as weak or an easy target. With purple eyes that contrast against her pale complexion they make a beautiful sight.
Personality: Initially Nuala is very polite but it borders with rudeness due to her being a natural smart ass. The sarcasm she uses is a defense against letting others get near her or to know that she is truly a very sensitive person and takes insults to heart. But she's stubborn and hard headed and once her mind is made up it's very difficult to deter her from her purpose.
Battle Armor: Being that of a shapeshifter she is known for usually shifting during battle but at times that it's not exactly useful or possible she is known to wear a skin tight jumpsuit of black material. It appears to be a fabric similar to leather but is almost completely unpentrable so that blades barely harm her. Flat soled boots accompany the suit as well.
Skills: Nuala is skilled with a sword and whip weapon-wise. The whip being her favorite due to its use against her when she was younger. The single whip that she is known to use the most is the one she stole from the Master that once held her as a slave and forced her to work for him.
The sword that she keeps with her at all times was her mothers before she passed away during a raid.
Nuala is also gifted with an affinity for fire, but its testy and she can't always control it. Though her favorite trick with fire is to coat the whip or sword with it so that they burn her enemies when she strikes them. Her main skill and ability is being able to move objects with her mind.
Bio: Nuala was born to an Enchantress as her mother and a shapeshifter as her father. Her mother and father were in love with one another and they had begun to raise the young girl in a loving home full of light and goodness. But, the wars began and raids began plaguing their village. Nuala's mother had avoided the scenes of battle for such a long time that she had hoped none would remember her for her skills with magic but she was wrong. One night a group of raiders attacked the village, killing her mother due to rumors of her working for the enemy. Nuala's father fled with the young girl, shielding her eyes from the sight of her mother being murdered. As he traveled with the young girl he taught her to fight with a sword. Sadly though, when she was twelve one of the people that backed the enslavement of shapeshifters captured Nuala and her father. He inprisoned her father and kept Nuala as a slave. For years he abused the young woman and whipped her mercylessly any time that she messed up her duties. Over time her father passed away and Nuala grew to resent her bloodline.
One night though there was a raid on the mansion and Nuala escaped with the masters beloved whip and her mothers sword after only stealing the whip from her masters dead hands. After that she wandered for a long time, refusing to join the other shapeshifters in their wars. She hated war for what it had done to her family but finally, she realized war was needed in this world and she chose to stand with the Orcs of BlackRock. She saw the way their city ran and agreed with their ways.
Shapeshifting Appearance: Nuala morphs into a type of humanoid dragon. Gaining a tail and wings she remains close to her normal size, only with rugged scales covering her body and the ability to breathe fire. Oh and the fact that when she shifts she can fly. When in dragon form she prefers to fight hand to hand or from the air. [/dash]

• Love
Reactions: Miki
Erhg... A bit hard to say. In two-three days time maybe? I don't have time tomorrow at least. So we'll see!

Erhg... A bit hard to say. In two-three days time maybe?

I'll be glad to help! Suggestions, ideas, locations, maybe even entire kingdoms. Just give a call if you're interested.

[dash="blue"]Name: Nuala Trocaire[/dash]
[dash="blue"]

Now that is what I call mixing all three ideas into one! :D
On the one hand, I want to say something about her armor, with it's resistance to blades, but I'm letting it slide in the hope that you wont abuse it. :3

Accepted!

[MENTION=5367]Seraphinia[/MENTION] I've already got an idea of where this is going to go, so I don't think I'll need the help, at least for now. Thanks anyway though!

Side note: We've now got a few defenders, but I notice that other than the commanders, the Empire's got nothing but faceless grunts.
So I hope some of you will sign up to be one of them soon! And as I said; Multiple characters are allowed! ;D[/dash]

I may make a character or two, but as I'm not exactly good at multitasking entirely different people. I don't know how it will come out.

Oh I won't! The armor doesn't cover her entire body anyway so there will be patches of skin open to be sliced at. I always like to leave weaknesses.
If I see that I'm not too busy within the next few days I can see about registering with a second character or I could switch it so that Nuala is in charge of a certain faction of other shapeshifters like herself and work them into my posts as NPC's if you want or see if other people sign up as one.

Going to try to make at least one more character, will probably post it in 30-60 minutes.

Name: Regina Cloven. Also known as, The Red Daisy, or just Daisy.
Race: Human.
General appearance: Blond hair, blue eyes, strong body, commanding voice. Height:5'9".[spoili]Her cape, has a embroilment of a sun, often mistaken for a Daisy. Its more darker in color, which gave her the nickname 'The Red Daily'.[/spoili]
Female_Knight.png
Daisy's history: [spoili]Daisy, is one of the few women to ever graduate from the Royal Knight Academy. Through her hard training, patience, and sense of honor, quickly climbed to the top of her league. Mostly, men doubt her, and often try to over power her, but are usually met with a broken jaw. She began the academy at the age of 8, having been accepted for her persistence in an attempt to make her stop harassing the school with letters. She is now among the top knights in the army of the Red Hand, commander of the ground force, and also the main emissary of their negotiators.[/spoili]
Personality:[spoili]Daily, is naturally, a rough person, and would rather put up her fists to defend her ideas. Always getting involved in bar fights, duels, and generally physical brawling. But, underneath her masculine behavior, is a women with a huge heart.[/spoili]
Skills:[spoili]Daisy, is expertly skilled with a sword and shield, and will often wield her large broadsword with two hands, cleaving her opponents apart, and will use her shield to barrel into a group of enemies, knocking the group up, she is not afraid to take risks. Her few weaknesses, are very quick, and very antagonizing opponents. And magic, due to her heavy armor, has once been practically boiled in it, giving her a hate for magic. She refuses to use magic for that reason.[/spoili]
[spoili]Daily will often charge into battle on foot, believing that animals should not be used for war.[/spoili][spoili]Daisy is by heart, a good person. And if a battle is over, will return to the battle field, to honor the dead, and help the wounded on both sides. And because of this, is usually free to walk into an enemy camp and do as she pleases, as if she were their own soldier.[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oi I hope people dont forget the Red Hand ^_^ I would love to have some companions in the group as well... seeing as its not set in stone that they will be or at least... will stay, defenders.

I might possibly be able to play a second character but I don't like playing characters that might end up running into each other... Feels odd when you end up having to talk to yourself during posts lol

I'd be interested in making a Red Hand member or two, Ferril. ^^ Would there be any specific positions within the group you'd like to see filled?

Oi I hope people dont forget the Red Hand

I'm interested aswell, but what exactly are the Red hand?

They seem like a group of heroes at the start, but also seem like a band a murderous merc's in the middle.

Could you define it? I tend to get easily confused.

Seraphinia said:
They seem like a group of heroes at the start, but also seem like a band a murderous merc's in the middle.

Well that is essentially what I was going for. They started out as a group of "Heroes of opportunity" As they skirted the Brionan Empires borders they gathered innocents and helped them escape their grasp, but in doing so they faced battle and death. As I see it that hardened the core members into an actual fighting force.

Once they were able to find a place to settle down (I.E. Blackrock) That core of fighters was able to extend their expertise to any other members of the group who might have wished it for whatever reason, the most likely being monetary stability (Since most of them were escaped slaves and refugees they would have few ways to make any money) revenge (against the empire that displaced or even enslaved them) or merely out of devotion and a wish to follow those who saved them from death in the first place (Varn and his men)

With the training and scrounged equipment they started to spread influence around, making themselves known and taking jobs so that they could hold together... That means plenty of dirty work like wiping out bandit camps and other such problems. Efficient, swift and deadly when fighting and made up of different groups creating a single whole.

Fingers coming together in unity. They scrabbled for a place in the world and, through battle, were able to grasp their own fates. That is the Red Hand.

I am so full of it lol

They are not villainous or bad... just started out desperate and then made the best of a bad situation. If they fight for the Brionans they will do it reluctantly and will have to be paid very well to work alongside them.

And as for Milady Sabine... I could use a second in command of coarse ^_^ Though I also wouldn't mind just a resourceful trooper who he could use in a number of situations.

Last edited:
Well when you put it like that...

With your permission, I shall make Regina part of the Red Hand, but her role is up to you. >w<

Hrm... She can be a captain in the ground troops. Also one of the groups contract negotiators, as she seems to be respected by other armies as well. Just remember that there IS a chance of The Red Hand switching sides at some point... Most likely at the most inconvenient point in fact.

I think I have an Orc shaman of sorts who could work quite well as a second in command. ^^ A spiritually-oriented, green-skinned, ginger gal ought to be an interesting yin to Varn's yang.

Ohoho. Interesting, very interesting... Expect flirtation and harassment lol. Though... I'm sure he will be shot down mercilessly. Just make sure she has some good background with him alright? I love some history between characters X3

I'm thinking they could be kinda on-again, off-again friends with benefits? Neither one is really sure where the other stands but there's definitely some sexual tension and harassment from both parties. >:D
I'll have her up in a minute and we can see how they mesh.

Its done, and in the mean time I shall go brainstorming for more ideas!

Viortu of the Red Hand
Wandering Shaman & second in command
Viortu.png
Sex: female
Race: Orc
Physical: Aside from being a ginger, she's relatively ordinary from a physical perspective. Of average height for females of her kind, she's strong and quick enough, but nothing special. Her endurance is her main skill, as even though she's never one of the best, she'll always be one of the last to call it quits.
Combat skills: Staves and staffs are her weapons of choice, though she's not afraid to pick up a mace, axe, knife, or spear. She can sometimes hit a man with a bow or javelin but is by no means talented at either. When going to battle, her current weapon of choice is a stave with metal caps at both ends, long and heavy enough to pack quite a punch.
Shamanistic skills: The primary focus of shamanism is communication with the spirits of ancestors and nature spirits, though the path she folllows specifically forbids any attempt to command or control them. She is also familiar with basic enchantments like war paints and runes, and has some experience with botany and basic alchemy, capable of creating weak potions & poultices from natural ingredients.
Other Skills: Her father taught her several languages in addition to her first, and she's picked up working knowledge of two more since her travels, making her a polyglot. She's a decent cook and seamstress, and can make a decent snare.
Personality: Carefree and easygoing, Viortu treats every day like an adventure, and views every new experience with genuine delight and an endless sense of childlike curiosity. In spite of this she has moments of startling wisdom, for in spite of her often immature demeanor she is still training to join a long line of shamans like her father before her.
Past: Omatur was one of a long tradition of expert shamans, the finest known to Orc kind (according to themselves, at least), with a legacy going back thousands of years. Viortu seeks to eventually join this tradition, after she satisfies her thirst for adventure. It is customary that no one be allowed into the order before they have had at least a decade of wandering the world, learning all they can, and she intends to take much longer than that. She met Varn incidentally after that fateful militia skirmish, and found herself impressed by his leadership skills as well as exasperated by the group's lack of a decent healer, cook, or shaman, and decided she would join with them. Without quite meaning to she became his second in command, a mother and little sister both to many members of the company. Responsibility never quite seemed like her thing, but somewhat in spite of herself she's handling it quite well. Her relationship with Varn is more than friendship but less than a true relationship, and thinking about it confuses her so badly that she prefers not to, steadfastly denying that he is anything more than a friend and occasional bedwarmer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miki
Status
Not open for further replies.