The Band

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. I'm not sure I've listened to any metal band that has a keyboarder in it? Not the type of metal I listen to anyways. =] Can't wait for this to start though. I can tell it's gonna be fun!

You know, I was gonna tell you, but you're never on.

The occasional death metal floats my boat but I do like to understand the lyrics. Heavy metal...well that varies where I'm from so I'm not too sure what you'd call it. Rock metal is closer to my liking I guess. Screamo isn't bad b/c they do sing some and then scream.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcsAyFEGwno"]YouTube - Ensiferum - From Afar[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeZ9FOCV_M8"]YouTube - Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Prophetian[/ame]

Metal with keyboards.

Oh! Dodged a bullet. I thought you were gonna post song Dragonforce. Shwew! =]

Those are both great though. The image of the first one. Metal heads usually have viking love. At least most of my metal head friends do. For a while they attempted to call me Valhala (sp?) because my name is Holly. It fits my persona and all but just doesn't make for a great nickname.

Awesome, Torsty!!! This thing will be up and running soon

For one reason or other I feel like watching Blues Brothers now.

If only to hear Dan Akroyd say 'We're putting the band back together. We're on a mission from God.'

The Blues Brothers are awesome. They don't make movies like that anymore.

No shit...

Of all things I noticed on ship people loved the older movies the most.

I got very positive reactions from:

Blues Brothers
Kelly's Heroes
The Naked Gun
both Ghostbusters movies
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Good Morning Vietnam

Those movies always garnered a very positive reaction from my shipmates.

Okay, I was going to start the opening IC post today but I've decided I'm going to wait for Torsty's keyboard-person's character sheet first before I start anything so I have a rounded idea on all the characters.

What I'm generally going to start off with is this:

Starts the day after a massive concert in the US (10,000+ audience members); the characters went their separate ways after the concert - some of them to drink and party at the after party, others just going back to their hotel rooms to kick back and relax after an exhilarating night.

This is where PersonaH's little tid-bit goes in. Seraph wakes up disoriented on the floor where the after party was held, she calls Adrian and she tells him that she's quitting the band. Chaos ensues. One of the band members tells the manager and he is PISSED. More chaos and more confusion. Fights erupt. Instruments are broken... rumours break like wildfire across the internet.

So that's how I'm going to start. You can all kick back until hopefully tomorrow and have a little ponder on what you'd like your character to do.

Of course, if you have any ideas as all, I'm happy to hear them! :)

Are you referring to the movie? If you were, that movie was awesome too.

There ought to be a contingency plan for similar such situations in the Spetsnaz playbook.

Okay, I've created the IC post! Cut sick at it guys!!

I wanted a dramatic opening but I have a sneaky suspicion that I came off as rather lame. It doesn't matter anyhow, for the RP has officially begun.

Oh - and don't forget to check the first page of this thread because it will contain some useful information. Like story summary, time/weather in the RP just to keep things consistent and flowing smoothly.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens to the quiet kills.

Just think of how the others meet their ends.

Things seem to be moving along very smoothely!

Status
Not open for further replies.