The Ballad

OKAY! I WANT TO JOIN!

However, I have some questions..

1) Are the races all actually once gender or are the respective males and females for the races, for example, for the woman race, are there men to reproduce with?

2) I know younger players will be in this so I know that no written out sex is allowed, but what of implied sex? Is that alright? Like the fade to black after a romantic kiss kind of thing?

I'm glad that you have taken an interest.

1:Well, as we all know, the men and women are separated. But as well as the children. That included the little girls and boys as well. I had forgot to mention it in the plot but that can be arranged and corrected. Since both genders seperated so did families. Men took the sons and women took the daughters.

2: As far as sex goes. If there will be any, I don't want it full detailed like smut in the mature sections. You bring up a good point. In order to save the race, they would have to engage in sexual activity. But yes, Implied sex is alright. That was the general idea when I made that rule. I will put it up in my rules so players can know.

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up for me, I shall get my Profile up ASAP!

You are welcome. ^^9

Also, take you time, there is no rush.

Also, another quick question, can characters inherit powers from the parents of the opposite gender. I was curious because I saw the healer male.

Name:
Cricket Tann Laurazell
[Kir-ick-et Tan Lore-ah-zel
]

Class:
Healer/Mage

Appearance:
032-1.jpg

Magic Skills:

Rejuvenation:
By focusing on her inner energy, Cricket can summon it forth in the form of a shower of light over a selected target. This shower gives the target a new bill of health for all minor injuries and a feeling of being well rested. It's a very minor spell and can be repeated many times in a row without winding her in anyway. Also, this spell can be cast over a group for an area effect of healing.

Rejuvenation 2(Same exact spell but just a higher level, hope you don't mind that I split it up!):
This is a more complicated version, designed for more painful and complicated injuries such as broken broken bones or nearly severed limbs. It takes much longer than the first do to the extent of the magic being used and has to be done on one target at a time. When complete the Target is healed but there is no feeling of being well rested. Also, the healed wounds are still at risk of re-injury so either caution must be taken or another wave of the minor healing spell is required. This spell uses far more energy and can cause Cricket to get tired out easily if used to many times in a row.

Multiply:
This is just a quick hallucination spell and is great for making a large distraction with little effort. Before the spell is officially done, Cricket gives any companions the counter charm to allow them to witness reality instead of the spell. Then Cricket uses the spell and suddenly appears to multiply by two. Before long there can be up to a hundred or more Crickets scattered about! Each Cricket can talk on her own and appears to move about, just as long as the real Cricket is nearby to keep the illusion in place.

Guardians Barrier:
By focusing on her inner energy once again, Cricket can summon forth a large dome to act as a barrier. It can deflect all magical attacks to an extent, as it slowly weakens over time from use and her own depleting energy.
It can also deflect off minor physical attacks, like arrows and swords, though anything more powerful than that can compromise the barrier and destroy it. The Barrier can be improved though when contact with other mages is made, allowing the barrier to take from that source of energy as well and increase it's defense abilities.

Unknown:
(Just a magical characteristic I wanted her to have, it's not an actual spell that she knows so I hope this is alright that I put it here for explanation.)
This is not a Healing or Defense spell. In fact, it is not a spell at all. Cricket inheritedthis magic from her father, a master of the elemental force. It is similar to a Berserker letting lose and all control being lost. However, instead of attacking anything or lashing out physically, the spell causes Cricket to become frozen like a stone statue. Her eyes turn pure white an language of old seems to spill from her lips. After that it seems that an intense wave of pure magical energy shoots out in waves from her body, pulsing quickly as it flattens everything in its path. Also, those who are befriended by Cricket seem to be covered in powerful version of her barrier spell, allowing them to witness the power without risk of injury. The only way to stop it is to wait for all of Crickets energy to deplete and collect her from the rubble. This spell is very hard to activate, only a sever change in her emotions or extreme stress on her body can start it.

Weapons:
As seen in the picture, Cricket carries two flower like things in each hand. Those innocent looking decorations are actually a pair of large ninja stars. The blades are retractable to hide the actual damage they can do. When Cricket activates them, the blades jolt out instantly, making them great for long rage, or in a tight spot, a since short rage surprise. When short rage she can place the flower near a person and activate the switch, forcing the blade into the victims skin. For long range she can throw the stars at a target in which they can cut slightly or deeply, depending on the closeness of the blade. However, it should be noted that Cricket isn't the strongest and also doesn't have Gunner like aim. They are more for giving her a second so that she can activate a defense spell or escape over to stronger companion who actually fights.

Personality:
Cricket is the epitome of a bubbly and clumsy girl. When she isn't wearing an adorable smile it will usually be a confused pout of sorts as she blinks at the offender causing her curious stare. She isn't over complicated when it comes to her attitude. She's the the girl that finds the light in every dark tunnel and she always see's her glass half full. On occasion she is known to get a little depressing but she is always quick to cut in a joke in hopes of lightening the mood. She has a deep love for nature, if you have noticed with her floral weapons of choice. In fact, if you really want to win her over, buy her a simple daisy or a potted blooming cactus as you'll end up with free medical care for life. However, Cricket is quick to get defensive about how old she looks and will loudly defend herself about her age.

Short Bio:
Cricket didn't use to be so bubbly and happy, in fact it is a miracle that she can move at all. When she was very young, she had gotten an illness that no one on Zailia had seen before. It left her bed ridden and quarantined from other people, including her parents. Because of her illness, her growth was stunted quite a bit and she barely had any muscles to gain. Without much hope for their only child, her parents split apart, her father leaving her behind to go join the men on Rylor, believing her mother unable to produce any sons. So Cricket's mother raised her without any help, home schooling her as she laid in bed. Even though she was ill and bedridden , it seemed that the short tyke had a talent for the healing arts. She learned so quickly and has such skill that she was eventually able to heal herself, where the doctors of Zailia could not. After healing herself her growth pattern started to normalize, but by that time she was already 12 and any growing she and left to do was not very much.

This made Cricket very very small.

However, instead of letting herself be consumed with depression, she listened to her mother and looked at the world positively. This, and her obvious success in healing, turned her into a bubbly and helpful woman that now heals all, even if they are unable to pay for it. On the side, she makes money working with herbal remedies.

Name:
Niyume Etorme [Nigh-you-mee Eh-trohm the e is silent]
(Answers also to NiNi[pronouced both nigh-nigh and nee-nee], Yume [You-mee] and Niyu[Nigh-you])

Class: Scythe Mage

Appearance:
Daydreaming_by_Cierseruwal.jpg
Yume has shoulder length, dark brown, wavy, chestnut hair that seems black in shadow but has a red tint to it in the sunlight. She has very light freckles on her face that go from cheek to cheek across her nose, they are barely visible though. The few things that stand out about Niyume the most are her silver mercury cat eyes, her pointed black nails that grow naturally like metal and the tattoo she bares on her left shoulder. She also has pointed ears. Yume stands at about 5'4 and wears a leather corset that ties up both sides along with leather pants which also tie loosely up both sides. She wears leather boots with fur lining that have a tougher bottom sol.
She also has a strange sheath attached to her back that holds her scythe and when she pulls on the scythe the bars around it pop open allowing her to snap it in and out of place.

Magic Skills:
Luillach (Blue Flame) - One of Yume's most powerful attacks but also the longest to cast, she must sweep her scythe in a large circular pattern around her body several times while pushing the energy out of her Gauntlets before it will cast. She than has the ability to throw large blue flames from either her hands or her scythe. The ability can last quite awhile but takes a lot of energy, so she keeps the attack for final blows.
Rendel (Circular Star) - This move allows Yume to throw her dual sided Scythe like a boomerang, while one side is caught aflame with blue fire and the other with blue lightning. She can control the movement of the scythe with hand movements from afar but if she loses focus or her arms are unable to be held out enough the scythe will fly back to her and either land on the ground at her feet or reattach to her back, where it's sheath is. This is her best, and most used move when not just using normal scythe attacks.
Fainnith (White Youth) - Yume has a healing ability that can second as an attack, when growing up she feared putting time into learning to only heal like others of her family, for fear that it would be wasted in times of need. So instead she practiced with it both as an attack and a cure. Calling the lightning from her Gauntlets she can either send the electric course through your body healing each individual wound, which can take quite a bit of time. Or in some instances can bring someone recently dead back from the shock to their heart. On the other hand she can push the electricity through your body causing nerve breakdown and causing your heart to stop. Bringing someone back recently dead or not takes a toll on her and she rarely if ever uses if for fear that the amount of energy it takes could kill her instead.

Weapon(s): Yume has a dual sided scythe named 'Iaurlin [E-are-len] (Ancient Gleam)'
scythe.jpg
that she uses as a scythe blade for attacks, her staff for casting spells,
and a boomerang with one magical attack though she can throw it anytime it just wouldn't have the fire and lighting on both ends.
She also has her Gauntlets. They are made from Fire and Ice being put together and encased on her arms when young. They grow with her and are not removable, though she wouldn't want to dream of how she'd live without them. They give her the ability to hold fire and cast both small puffs of it and lightning from her palms without injury. The tattoo on her shoulder
is the ancient symbol of her family, The Mage Sycthes who have been trained for generations to use magic and weapons in harmony.

Personality: Yume is very quiet, her family was lost to her a few years ago and she rarely speaks of them or her past. She trusts no one but secretly wishes someone would find a way to open her. Though she herself does not know how. She is a powerful ally who is loyal to the end and though she hardly speaks, she prefers to fight and be with others but also needs her alone time. People will often find her near a stream or woodland merely laying on the ground daydreaming.
Those who once in a blue moon catch her singing fall in love with her echoing tones and surreal vibrato. But she doesn't like those who hear her sing when she does not wish it. Which is never.

[youtube]53lfXb73z3c&list=PL2CC3CD879A92FA6A&index=41&feature=plpp_video[/youtube]

A taste of her singing.

<object height="315" width="420">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/53lfXb73z3c?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="315" width="420"></object>

Short Bio: Yume has always wondered why the worlds were torn apart, she longs for friendship and peace with both races, so that they might once again share their cultures. Though her family had always forbid it she wished to meet just one daring Heilar that would come and show her their ways. But as of her young age she has yet to come across one. And now fears her parents dying wrath if she were to go seeking one.
Yume grew up in a mountain woodland where streams and trees were her play toys. Her family was killed by a strange disease that was unknown to them and she was the lone survivor. Feeling as though she was cursed to live with no one, she has kept the family home secret but often visits it as a place to hide away and lives there when not doing mercenary or cleric work. To gain money to live Yume presents herself to those who would hire a Mage healer and often travels for months away from home.
When she returns she often spends a month or two alone at her abode hidden in the mountain forest, either continuing her training or merely enjoying her off time with Okeli her large fox-demon companion. Every member of the Etorme family gained a familiar at the age of sixteen. Her's being the lightning fox Okeli [Oh-key-lee].

__Fissure_to_Hell___End_World_by_ch.jpg
The fox is large enough for Yume's smaller frame so she will often ride him on her trips and he will aid her in battle.

Thank you and i liked your character very much lol. I was going to do the archer mage also but found a good alternative. I'm glad you think i did a good job.. i believe i worked on everything for about 5 hrs straight O.O lmao. ^.^ maybe our characters can work together >:) Would Love that! That is if she is accepted by Tet

THAT PICTURE IS SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL, BULL-SANS.
I was all WOOOOOOW.<3
> w<
So pretty.~ Also fantastic job. :D BUT I EXPECT NOTHING LESS FROM YOU. HURRHURR.
Gill is gonna make some gurlfriendsss yaaaay.
Maybe.
Or not.
At least two.<3

Because I fail at Math, someone mind giving me a head count of guys and girls? That'll help me decide on whether to make a guy girl cos I can't decide for now ahhhhh.

Also, still wanna do that childhood friends/lovers plot so yeah, whoever is up for it can reply here or drop me a visitor's message or pm.

Or climb into my bed at night. That works.

Yes, the Panda is a creep.

8D THAT IS SO CREEPY, YOU WEIRDO, LOLOLOL<3

Gillian, gunner man, cleric man = 3 males
That one girl, Leona, Cricket, Bullet's gal = 4 females

I THINK.

ILIANA SISTER!

Yeah, nice character Bullet~!

Adopt the pace of nature:
xxxxxxher secret is patience.

1o7j9f.jpg

Raphael Gwendal

Male | 23 years old | [Corrupt & Blood Crazy] Cleric

Short Bio:
Why was I born? Who is my father? Who is my mother? What of my mother? Is she aright, is she safe, where is she? What of my father, what of his existence…? What of…me? – Raphael Gwendal (or at least that's what the monks—the holy ones—called him.)

If he were to tell you everything, then you would know nothing--not a thing. Well, at least that's what he wants people to think. Born and raised at the highest mountain peek in Rylor, the coldness of the morning, day and night were his only company in that fortified establishment that he called home. Home is where the heart is--but, what if your home commanded you to not have a heart? What if you were just a soulless pawn in their grasp? Well then, you've just discovered the first gate--or shall I say step--of Raphael's life. Not that it's a good story to tell anyway; or one that should be.
Coincidentally, it's a story in which very little know of and a vast majority which to know. Well then, let us begin.

If you were to ask of a past that had never been written, then even if spoken…would you believe it? And so they didn't, and so you didn't, and so they created lies and endless commandments of worship and holiness—of what is right and wrong and what one should do, regardless of your own opinion. This was the life of a cleric—in particular Raphael Gwendal, hence this is his story. The life of a cleric whose own purpose lies in the hands of unholy men who declare the judgment of holiness among other. The life of man who doesn't even know of the value of his existence.

Birth--the birth of a cleric who's life purpose is that of a vessel; Raphael Gwendal is his name. Raphael was born at exactly two minutes before an eclipse while the sky was evidently cloudless. That day's Rylor experienced one of its highest temperatures since it's founding, for the almost lifeless monks that ran the establishment that day was just a synonym for destiny. The child would serve of grand use, one whose life will not perish without many accomplishments. Or at least they hoped so. Life in the establishment was nothing of merry or gratification, at the least it could be considered a jail amongst hell's pits. The monks? Heh, infamous bastards who's followings only concerned themselves and their own fortune—these were Raphael's thoughts ever since childhood, if ever discovered… he wouldn't be here. At anyone's gaze, life in the establishment was a fate cursed by the heavens, one that would never bring fruit to its members. Those people were only half right.

Years of training, years of gained knowledge, years of hardships and failures—years of absolute loathing, everything was just a delusional idea of a man who they wanted him to be. Rylor, the land he called home, the land which he was taught to love, to worship and adore, and to be proud of. He didn't like it one bit nor did he pretend to. Wars, death, losses was all the terrain every brought him, so why should he like such a place? Was it even his birth place? He didn't know, nobody wanted him to know.

How many years have passed since Raphael mastered the art of the sword? How many seconds have passed since he buried his head in boundless knowledge of the world, medicine, math's and arts? If any more time passed then he would surely rot of his outsides just the same as his already rotten insides.

What was it like to receive affection? A hug, a smile, a yearning for… would all of that fulfill him? Will it constrain him just as the blood of a comrade on his holy crucifix would? Will it contend him just as the books have taught him? It was time—no, time had already passed—it was the moment of truth. Would he choose love? Or, the righteous path of holy slaughter?

Ask yourself, have you really learned anything of these vast thoughts and vague memories? Have you learned anything of these statements? The past of a young man who doesn't even recall his true name, a man with no purpose and a man who's judgments have been stained with lunatic righteous and blasphemous slaughter of one's own kind? Well, he hasn't.

In reality, Raphael Gwendal doesn't know anything of himself and neither do you. But he will soon find out.

Personality:
On the outside, Raphael seems like a delicate and loving pacifist. His demeanor strikes as sweet and noble, a gentleman if you will. With a smile and face that reeks of kindness and tenderness--true, but all of that is just a well equip wall from his true nature. One that is not easily shattered, nonetheless discovered. His years as a righteous man has made this undercover personality so realistic that one would doubt him to be the same person, but really, who wouldn't? A ritualistic liar is more like it. Though many do not know that side of him, he rarely shows it and if possible never does.

So, in short let us just say he's
a smart man with bad intentions.

Magic Skills:
Seal of Righteousness:
A cryptic code embedded by the holy ones to the young Raphael. Once drawn at any location the seal will operate when either requirement is accomplished: either the blood of the user or mass sacrifice needs to be near the area of the seal. This skill allows Raphael to call forth the power of the gods in which in return his sword and armor,which will glow a holy white, and will receive a large amount of buffs in both strength and defense. The duration depends on how much blood has been shed.

Holy Aura:
A healing skill. The requirements of the skill are simple, the user must have absolute peace and clearance of the mind at the summoning point and once finished a holy mist will cover both him and his comrades in which the ghostly white mist will slowly tend to the member's internal and external wounds and repair them.

Vanishing:
A stealth and escape skill; the user will vanish from his location point and reappear at another (like a ninja). Takes a medium amount of time and patience for the skill to commence, thus the user must be hidden because any physical contact will disrupt the procedure.

Weapon(s): Rosary bead necklace with a golden crucifx| Holy Sword
Rosary Beads:
These are blessed beads carved with the spirit of the gods, they offer holy protection to the user. These beads contain a hollow inside, if properly done, the user may equip them with gunpowder and use them as explosives

Crucifix:
A golden cross attached--and can also be unnatached- to a rosary necklace. It's insides are hollow and thus it is used as a container for liquids, the liquids preserved in it's case and considered holy. In Raphael's case, the crucifix serves as a holder for blood. Once a enemy begins to shed blood, a small amount of it is emptied into the crucifix and is used later on as sacrificial blood. It is said that carrying the blood of a person transfers their powers to oneself.

Holy Sword:
Usually just a regular gold and silver sword, but once merged with the Seal of Righteousness it becomes a Holy Sword. It is believe that to die by the hands of Holy Sword user is one of the greatest honors, and thus to use it on oneself is not act of wrong.

Okay, I'm finished with my guy but I want to clear out a few things.
I recognized that he might look like more of a Paladin if anything but I do intend him to be, do and act as a cleric.
The Bio is a medium long, I guess, it doesn't really explain much--but that's what intended it do be like, lol.
Finally, I don't plan for him to kill or attack many if not any people, he's a defensive player.
I just think I got carried away with him, heh. XP

Ah! So want to join! I just need to find time to develop a character.... if it is not too late I will try to make one.

JK, I will have to think about if I want to do Male or Female.

*Reads Princess' character profile*

...I CALL HIM FOR CRICKET~~

If that is alright, Princess. 83

*Reads Princess' character profile*

...I CALL HIM FOR CRICKET~~

If that is alright, Princess. 83

Actually I saw cricket and though she was cute <3
Conquering my guy shall not be easy though, lol.
So we'll see ;D

Or climb into my bed at night. That works.

Yes, the Panda is a creep.

:O!
Oh, I should adopt that method as well.
You, Mighty Panda, sir, are a genius.
I salute you, Panda, I salute you.