The Average Highschool Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darcy looked around at the amount of people that had just joined their conversation, then pulled out her orange schedule. She passed it to Garrett first. "Here. You can take a look at that."

SCHEDULE- McCLADE, J. DARCY
HOMEROOM- GREGORY TITUS, ROOM 508, BIOLOGY

1- BIOLOGY, ROOM 508
2- AP. WORLD HISTORY, ROOM 507
3- DRAMA, ROOM 203
4- PHYSICAL EDUCATION, GYMNASIUM

FREE PERIOD/LUNCH PERIOD

5- COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY, ROOM 709
6- AP. CALCULUS, ROOM 509
7- LANGUAGE ARTS, ROOM 510

She looked again at everyone else, who were examining their schedules as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Penelope snapped her fingers."That's your name! I knew it!" She grinned then shrugged not caring if he didn't remember her."I'm Penelope. Penelope Diaz." She responded. Soon Penelope was tapped and she looked over her shoulder."Wait? You two know each other?" A female asked. Penelope didn't know what to say and soon took out her phone to view her own schedule.

The awkward nerd then sat elsewhere leaving Penelope by herself but she didn't seem to mind and Vincent sat next to his little sister, one double seat left on this bus he assumed. Penelope looked at them then at her matching brother quietly before skimming through her Instagram. Vincent smirked."Look at my little baby sis, with her modeling pictures." He teased. Penelope nudged him away."You should be glad I turned down a full modeling career to education." She said looking through her dashboard on her IG. Vincent then, sat back alone on the other double seat take out his own phone.

Seeing no other seat than the few occupied by one person, Mendi decided to just slide herself beside someone she somewhat knew. Vincent was paying more attention to his phone than who was taking over his seat. So, Mendi made her way there, plopping down in the seat beside him, only giving him a quick hello as a warning. She's never really met Vincent, but knew he was one of Castor's soccer teammates. They made their school's soccer team one of the best in the state, and for a city that's big on soccer, that's a good thing.

Mendi pulled out her cell phone and attached them to the earphones around her neck. The conversation about class schedules came up, and she almost had a heartattack.

"Oh, NO! Where's my schedule!?"

She couldn't remember if she packed it in her bag last night, or if it was still sitting on her computer desk in her room. It was vital she had her schedule in hand. It was so confusing this year with all the extra training sessions she had with her diving coach this year. She's been training for the Olympics for years, and now, with her diving partner Aujuli, they have another shot this summer to qualify in Nationals - a few steps away from the fulll Olympic trials. She was not going to attempt to memorize that mess of alternating classes, practices, and training, so the printed list was necessary - and as she scrounged through her bag, it was no where in site.

Before she could respond to him, everyone has already boarded the bus, leaving her standing at the empty bus stop. The bus driver glared at her, waiting impatiently for her to board the said vehicle. She boarded the bus, taking a seat near the entrance so she could alight the bus first. She plugged her earphones into her ear, bringing the volume to the max, blocking out the sound being made in the bus. She took out her schedule, which she printed last minute the night before. She honestly detested having her first period as physics.

Too lazy to look through the schedule for the rest of the day, she shoved her schedule back into her school bag. "I should make friends this year," she looked over her left shoulder, examining the students in the bus, "but, I don't know how."

Vincent quickly glanced and moved his eyes up to see a girl he as familiar with. She was friends with his Soccor teammate, Castor and he looked back down at his phone silently. Then he heard her freak."Oh, NO! Where's my schedule!?" She yelled. Vincent then placed his eyes off his phone, staring at her in silence and let out a small chuckle shaking his head as she began fretting endlessly.

"Calm down. Students will most likely receive a printed schedule once they get to homeroom." He chuckled."Besides--Do you know your ID number and birthday? I can check it on my phone right now." Reassured Vincent simply offering her help as he pointed at his iPhone 5.

Garrett smiled at the group as they spoke of schedules. He remained silent for a moment, watching as one of them had a minor meltdown because they couldn't find their schedule. The bus came to a stop sign, and was about a block away from the school. He stood up, and yelled. "Hey! I'm sure that most of you upperclassmen know about the scrimmage tonight, and most of you freshmen don't, but here is what's up. This is the first 'game' of the season, and the soccer team is going to need the support! I'd really appreciate it if you all showed up" he paused, and looked at Penelope and smiled, but began speaking a moment after "Lets get this school day over with and kick some ass!" he said.

The bus erupted in cheers, whistles, and smiles. The bus driver gave Garrett the worst look imaginable, but it was worth it.

Laughing, Tanya looked up at Garrett. "And already, you're roping them into the game? You're gonna break their little hearts, if they don't make it," she teased, and picked up her bag as the bus rolled to a stop. Garrett had been in some of Tanya's classes and on the soccer team, as well as at her bus stop and in her year. Everyone started to file off of the bus, but it would be some time before anyone in their vicinity made it off. "So, man, how was your summer?"

Vincent offered to help her find her schedule on his phone, but Mendi shook her head, "I guess it'll be there, but I have a special schedule that alters every week to incorporate my training out of school." After thinking about it, it did make sense for them to have it.

Seeing that he had a far more advanced phone than she could afford, Mendi gave him her ID number and birthday for him to use in order to search for her schedule on the school's student network.

"I so need a a new phone..., she stated while she waited. "Mine us so crappy, but my parents' want me to earn a new one - like I have time for a job..."

Just then, Garrett stood up an announced the soccer scrimmage and everyone cheered. Mendi looked over at Vincent, "You guys ready for it? I wasn't around to catch any of the summer practices for you guys." She use to hanging out at the bleachers with other classmates, watching the football & soccer practices. Last year, she hardly left her house.

Last edited:
Darcy took back her schedule from Garrett, then clapped and cheered along with everyone on board the vehicle when he made the announcement. The girl next to her scoffed. "You're only clapping to make him like you." She said, looking fondly at Garrett as he was talking. Darcy rolled her eyes at the girl, then grabbed her heavy book bag as she left the bus. She hurried inside, the buzzing of students everywhere she turned and the smell of freshly cut grass on the football field made her sigh with happiness. She looked at her cracked phone screen. The time read 7:42. Plenty of time before class started to get herself settled and set up her locker.

She made her way to the west wing, twisting the dial on locker 561 to open it. When it finally creaked open, she shoved her bag inside and grabbed the items necessary for her first class, which she remembered was Biology. But first, she had to go to Homeroom for the orientation speech. She hurried to the other side of the school where her class was, then sat down in a desk near the middle. She did not get comfortable, knowing she would be grouped into alphabetical order soon enough. She looked around, noticing a few people from the bus that morning in her Homeroom, including Nicholas, the quiet kid Vincent made move. She moved to where he was and said a quick hello, hoping he would answer.

Truthfully, she almost missed the bus, despite being there rather early. How'd she pull that off? Easy. She only thought she could feel the vibrations of the giant, yellow thing approaching. Really, she could not. Only when she saw the shadows of other vanishing did she look up and hoop onto the bus right before the doors right before the doors shut. Her blue ebbs waved over the sea of people as she searched for a seat, knowing she wouldn't be lucky enough for her own, but... that wasn't such a bad thing.

As she began her way down the aisle, her eyes watched the egg shaped ball spiral up and down the narrow bus at a few of the guys before they stopped. She assumed the bus driver had told them to stop. She sure as shit couldn't hear any of them. The sudden incarnation of self-consciousness took her, and to be honest she welcomed it. Her back straightened and she became more alert. Once again, he eyes scanned the bus and she found no seats free. Well, really she welcomed that; the entirety of her freshmen year was spent standing at the very back, and she supposed it wasn't bad enough to complain about.

Before long, the bluish-gray haired girl was leaning against the back emergency door, in a small gap between and behind the last two seats. She might venture far enough to say she preferred it. Names suddenly began blossoming inside her head, and she began mentally setting them over heads. 'Garret, Tanya, Mendi, Vincent, Penelope, Darci...' as well as many others. A small smile drew on her face that lead to a slight arch in her brow. One eyebrow cocked and she turned to look out the last seats window to find her reflection, seeing the darkness that found a home underneath her eyes and she sighed internally before looking forward again.

Her schedules didn't really matter to her, she'd figure it out eventually and go only to keep her GPA high enough to keep her in basketball, but beyond that... Then Garrett was standing talking about that detestable soccer of his. A small grin found her face, and she looked away as the sounds of cheering broke the volume of Diver in her ear-buds. Lame.

Her eyes shifted again, back towards the inside of the bus. An incredible urge to be 'that guy' ignited in her chest. 'Diss the soccer player! Keep the ball in the court!' The need was inextinguishable and it finally manifested enough in her that she moved an earbud out, cocked a single brow and spoke.

"It must be nice to play a sport you can just jump back into after summer without practice."

Now, she knew full-well soccer required more training then her sport but... she liked to throw matches into drums of oil.

He responded to Melodyne; "Feels pretty good. You know I always support the girls basketball team, so why don't you just back off." he said, now was not the time to argue. Garrett hopped off the bus and headed to his locker. He got a few pats on the back and "good lucks" on his way off the bus. He walked to his locker, which was at the end of the Junior hallway, due to his last name being towards the end of the alphabet. He turned the dial a few times, and he opened his locker, which was neatly organized with all of his books. He put his soccer bag in his locker, and turned, only to be greeted by a senior girl who's face was inches from his. "Hey Garrett" she said. He pushed her away, laughing. His sister had driven to school, her SUV was full of her girlfriends. He and his sister were very, very close. Contrary to what normal siblings of the opposite gender did, argue, they hung out and had a good time. It was hard to tell that Jasmine was his sister, her skin was tan from the summer and she had bleach blonde hair. She too, was the popular senior.

(Make your entrance to the school post, then we will timeskip to lunch.

Unfortunately, the question wasn't answered. Apparently, the people on the bus were moving faster than Tanya had realized, and suddenly Garrett was leaving the bus- and she and Glenn were following. Their lockers were, unsurprisingly, close to each other. "The advantages of having such similar last names," said Glenn.

"Better hope we stay friends," Tanya said, but it was a joke. They'd been friends for years- at that point, nothing short of murder could drive them apart, as they were fond of reminding each other. "What do we have first? I've got Lit..."

"Homeroom. First day orientation, remember?" Glenn asked, and looked at his locker. He didn't have anything to put in, so shut the empty metal box, and locked it again. "Now, then, are we off to see the wizard?"

"The wonderful wizard of Oz," Tanya agreed, having not opened her own locker, and they set off.

The grin was gone, the other earbud was back in and her eyes were now back out the window. How boring. That was more like throwing a match into a drum of water. Tsss. She was almost pout-y. now. A whole summer and not one discussion, argument or pissed off person storming away from her, and this bothered her more then it probably should.

Glad once they were off of the bus, she made her way to the main building. Why? Hell if she knew, but she wanted to. Garrett's obvious rejection of her instigating had made her a bit upset, and the desire to 'make something happen' was now stronger then ever. Lunch, she supposed.

Her freshmen year, Melodyne had been a much more cheerful girl, with chestnut brown hair and an inclination towards theater arts. Honestly, how she ended up in Basketball was beyond anyone who'd known her back then. Now though, she called herself the antagonist. Claiming that every story needed one, and if no-one would be one here then she'd take the roll. The past two years had been proof of that as well, she'd started many fights simply by provoking others. The fights weren't always with her, either. Somehow, she'd manipulate others into fighting. More then two people, in fact, she'd gained quite the reputation for it.

She was, once again, ready to start a metaphorical fire. She would too, at lunch. At least that was what she would tell herself.

After chatting a while with Vincent, and noting the classes she had set for the first day, Mendi stepped off the bus with the swarm. With a big huff, happy that others didn't notice her missing twin on the bus, she entered the school hoping for the same results. Her locker was close to the front due to being the sixth letter in the alphabet; she chunk the few library books she had in her bag into her locker and took her gym bags out.

The first student council meeting of the month is scheduled for this morning, then she heads to off-season cross country practice for the Lady Generals for first period and another class for second period. After that, she had to skip third period in order to leave campus to her private train at the city pool, and then headed back for lunch. That was her morning schedule for the first week of school - practices and training mostly. She was so out of shaped after a year off - there's no way she was going to make it out alive by the end of the day.

"Hey, Mendi!" Aujuli and her brother, Castor, stopped by her locker, giving her the encouragement she needed for the moment.

"Hey, guys. Are you ready for this?"

"The question is, are you?" Castor squeezed her shoulder and gave her one of his concerned looks. He was going to start acting like her personal councilor and physician again. And this time, she wasn't going to complain. It it wasn't for her friends, she wouldn't have made it.

"Yea...I'll be fine. You guys got to stop all the worrying - it causes frown lines you don't want to keep."

"Ha, yea, that's so true," Aujuli giggled. "Well, I'll see you later. Don't be late, or Coach Diamond will flip his lid again." Mendi waved Aujuli goodbye, but Castor stayed put, still on a state of high alert.

"If you have any problems, you better not hesitate to call me, alright?"

Mendi huffed and closed her locker, "It's not like I'm going to - flip my lid and run away, or something... Geez, Cast, you're starting to act like my big brother!"

"I am, and don't you forget it!"
She punched him in the arm for that one, knowing how true it was. Castor and Aujuli are family to her. "I got to head. Laters, K." And with that, she turned away, not paying any attention to where she was going. Mendi slammed into someone passing down the hallway. She squealed and dropped her bag, backing up into Castor's waiting arms. Once reset on her feet, Mendi gasped, "Oh, I'm so sorry, man! I really wasn't watching myself."

The guy gave her a 'no problem' glance before rushing on his way.
Embarrassment aside, Mendi told Castor bye and headed to the Council meeting.

Last edited:
Lunch Period
Garrett walked outside, tray full of the food that he picked up from the buffet style lunch that was adopted at Melbourne. He walked onto the practice soccer field, and set down his tray, waiting til the later half of the period to start eating. He brought his soccer ball outside, and he began juggling it; his normal warm up when he began to practice. He got to about 30 consecutive strikes before the ball fell to the ground. He dribbled out to the center of the field, and began to take long range shots, making a few, missing a few. A few other kids came to the practice bleachers, as it was a fairly popular place to eat. After a few shots, he grabbed his ball, and made his way up to the bleachers, sitting by himself for the moment. As he began to eat, he wondered who his lunch buddy would be that day.

morning till lunch
[dash=red]
Dressed in a pink jumper that reached her knees with a short shorts underneath and cream flats, Syn had quickly ran out of her house, shouting a hasty goodbye to her mum whilst slinging her bag on her shoulders and putting on her shades. She stuffed her mouth with the bread her mum had hastily made for her.

She quickly jumped on into the bus when she reached the busstop, panting slightly, and was quite happy she reached it on time. She would not want to be late on her first day at a new school. She took an available sit at the front of the bus and looked out the window.

It was a beautiful day, the sun was ahining quite brightly, the lights streaming through the window of the bus, hitting her face. She sighed in contentment as she continued to look out of the window.

Upon reaching the school, she quickly alighted along with the other students and she went towards the school's office to collect her schedule. She scanned the schedule over and headed out to her first class.

fast forward

She looked up at her watch as she tapped her foot. It was only 5 minutes till lunch and there was nothing to do right now in English class as she waited impatiently for lunch to come. She was really hungry, considering how little she at that morning.

When the bell rang, she quickly jumped and ran out towards her locker, dumping her books in before she headed for the cafeteria, she stood at the door as she scanned the room, not knowing where to sit.
[spoili] I hope this is fine.[/spoili]​
[/dash]

She knew it was going to happen. She fizzled out during her diving training, pissing off her coach but he understood fully and excused her. Aujuli understood too, but deeply set in her face it was clear that she was worried about what might happen to them if Mendi didn't step up.

Mendi wasn't upset at their reaction. She was upset at her performance. Returning to campus, she thanked her coach for dropping her and Aujuli off, the two girls headed to the girl's locker room to hang their swimsuits up to dry. There were no words exchanged, cause Mendi has heard them all and her friend wasn't going to put her through the ringer like that. Instead, they grabbed their things and headed to lunch.

The cafeteria, as always, was crowded and noisy; not the best ambiance for enjoyment. So, most of the upperclassmen opt to hang out at the bleachers of the practice field for lunch. They can eat, watch a practice now and then, and goof off until fourth. They headed out there, spotting Garrett doing his thing as they walked up. Mendi smiled, he was still as quick as ever on his feet. She knew their soccer team was going to make it to Regionals this year, and even State, if they keep their powerhouse players like Garrett and Castor.

Finding a clean place to sit, the settled down with their trays just when Garrett had done the same.

"Hey, Garrett," Mendi chimed. Aujuli waved with a smile.

"You're still jumping like a Mexican bean? Thought you knew how to play soccer," Mendi teased, knowing good and well that he was enough of a card to take the hint.

Aujuli, on the other hand, elbowed her in the side, "Really? Talk about cutting one of the best down to size."

Penelope was at the field where the Soccer players were. She was greeted warmly with open arms, especially her older brother and soon the couch approached him."DIAZ! MY SOCCOR MEMBER!" He yelled grinning proudly and trying to give him a handshake. But upon seeing the male, he stopped and furrowed his eyebrow."Where's your Soccer gear?" Asked the couch concerned."I don't think I even wanna play for soccer anymore." Vincent shrugged carelessly. The couch was extremely shocked and gave him a look of question."Seriously? Then why'd you join before?" He said. Vincent scratched the back of his head, looking around and leaning back then looked back at his soccer coach."Well, I only joined cause I'm athletic...?I don't know. Soccer just doesn't interest me, however if I join lots of sports it's an advantage to a free scholarship..." He explained muttering.

Penelope looked at him surprised and grabbed Vincent arm."NO! NOO! Join anyways! This can help too!" She begged. Vincent took his arm away and shrugged."Soccer doesn't amuse me. It's not for me." He blankly responded looking down at Penelope. Soon Vincent was tapped and he looked at a soccer teammate."Wait--You're quitting? Dude, don't quit!" Said the member."You got Garrett, besides he's better then me?"

"The more better members the better! True athletes don't quit!" Penelope yelled. Vincent sighed as he had a different bag on, a sack bag with his soccer things and he walked away."Jesus Christ, fine." He groaned."But I'm gonna drop out when football season starts." He warned walking away. Penelope giggled jumping happily as she clapped her hands.

lunch/soccerfield
[dash=red]
She sighed as she went out of the school with her tray of food, heading towards the soccerfield thinking that the crowd would be less. The cafeteria was crowded enough as it is. She looked around and spotted an empty seat somewhere near the middle of the of the bleachers and she quickly made her way there as she juggled with her food, not wanting it to fall.

She sighed in relief when she had reached there without any problems and sat quickly, placing her tray beside her as she did so. She fished out her sketchbook from her bag and placed it her lap then taking a pencil. She flipped through the pages and stopped at a clean page before she started to sketch out her new designs, occasionally taking the food from her tray and would look up at the guys practicing soccer.​
[/dash]

After leaving third, Darcy sprinted off in a hurry. Every upperclassman on the bus that morning had agreed to sit outside during lunch, so Darcy was trying to get outside as soon as possible by sprinting her way there.

She seemed to be doing a lot of that lately.

When she stepped onto the soft, freshly trimmed soccer field, she stopped running and leisure walked to the bleachers, where Mendi and her friend Aujuli were sitting, laughing with Garrett. A shy looking girl was near them, drawing intently in a sketchbook. She seemed so focused, she didn't want to disturb her, so she made her way over to Mendi instead, whose hair was wet from the pool. Before she could make it all the way over, she heard insistent yelling coming from around the bleachers. As she came closer to the group of three, she could see that it was Penelope making all the racket, trying to persuade Vincent to do something, along with the soccer coach. Darcy rolled her eyes. Penelope was a nice person, but she fakes innocence to seem like the cute little sister, which annoyed Darcy. I mean, she had nothing against the girl, she just wished she would take more initiative and stop clinging to the decisions of her brother like a safety raft.

She sat down next to the two girls, across from Garrett who was also eating with them, and pulled out her lunchbox. "Hi guys. I see swim team already started up again, huh?" She tried not to imply that Mendi's sister was not present. She noticed this morning, but didn't want to embarrass her friend. She heard the furious erasing of the girl below them, drawing. She looked at the girl, interested. Darcy didn't recognize her from last year. Maybe a transfer student? "What are you drawing?" She asked, trying to make conversation with the girl as she ate.

Status
Not open for further replies.