Ren Kurosawa

Mental Illness, if any:
Schizoid Personality Disorder and severe nicotine dependance

Disorders, if any:
Insomnia, Parasomnia, Sleep paralysis, and severe Epilepsy

Differences, if any:
None

Personality:
The majority of the "patients" at the asylum steer clear of Ren. His Schizoid Personality Disorder makes him scathing enough, but his three sleep disorders make him a force to be reckoned with. He's constantly irritable, roaming about like he's about to bite someone's head off. He constantly suffers from severe sleep deprivation - his Insomnia prevents him from falling asleep, his parasomnia causes him to sleepwalk and thrash about, and on occasion, he is stricken by sleep paralysis. Before being hauled off to the asylum, he was a fairly heavy smoker. When he was taken away, he thought for sure he would no longer be able to smoke. He was very wrong - the workers at the asylum actually encouraged him to smoke more until his habit grew into an extreme addiction, and he did it on his own. When this occurred, Ren figured they were doing it to build up his addiction and perhaps test the affects of withdrawal. Thus, he has concluded that they will eventually take away all of his cigarettes and see what happens when he is deprived of them. He tried to quit before the addiction escalated, but his iron will crumbled before the endless supply of cigarettes.

Ren is also severely epileptic. It was very bad before his arrival at the asylum, but got worse with his renewed smoking habit. Now, he has a seizure perhaps every other day. Like some epileptics, he suffers from psychosis for about 7-15 minutes after his seizures, during which he must often be restrained.

In the way of his personality beyond the traits associated with his SPD and constant weariness, Ren is an extremely cold, calculating, intelligent person. This probably developed over the long nights spend alone with nothing but his thoughts. Aside from smoking, his only hobby is attempting to predict the actions and reactions of others and rewarding himself when he is correct by lighting up a cigarette. Thus, he is a schemer and valuable in any operation, as long as you can get over the fact that he is not cooperative, nor a team player. Despite this, he has a very defined sense of right and wrong, and isn't shy about voicing these opinions when the time is right - once you crack open his hard, hard shell, you may find that he is also cold on the inside, but also very wise.

*Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual

-sleep (minus sleep paralysis)
-winning
-being right
-impressing people he dislikes
-meats
-coffee
-crime novels and shows

*Dislikes:
-being deprived of cigarettes for more than twenty minutes
-appearing stupid or foolish
-losing
-flavored cigarettes (except for vanilla...)
-the people who stare whenever he has a seizure
-people who hassle him about his seizure afterwards
-people who bother him about his smoking habit
-people

*Habits:
-smoking (duh)
-sleepwalking
-drinking copious amounts of coffee when available

*Abilities:
Well, he has a high level of intelligence, but nothing supernatural.

Last edited by a moderator:
erm, I can't see some of the posts that are made it really dark colors because of the dark background of my template, is there a way we can ban black and white font colors so that people don't have to change their page template things?

Well, I personally dislike when a text is made in complete bright colors because it just looks...dumb I guess. And I could see fine with the text black or white due to my dark template? I just don't want to 'ban' the default text color that's easier to manage. Unless everyone agrees, then maybe I could make some arrangements. @Xaviera Jade

It probably wouldn't be such a bad idea, but then again, if you want to read something your template won't let you see, you could always just highlight the text.

Also, was my form accepted?

Reactions: EtherealLights
Ah, yes, your form is accepted.

A note from those who still haven't made their character sheets:

Get them in! I want to start today, so if you don't have them in in about an hour or so, we will be starting without you. I have warned you, so don't come to me all butthurt if we start without you!

***Alright, i'll provide a start and we'll go from there. To those who haven't entered their forms: Jump in whenever you do.***

Start
It was a cold and gloomy day when Surota awoke in his usual cell in the asylum, his grey eyes fluttering open to the sun breaking its way through the cracks of his sealed up window. The dull grey walls stared back at him as he sat up and stretched, his old and yellowed cot creaking under his weight and due to old age. The cracked concrete floors were cold under his bare feet as he stood up to stretch a bit more, sending chills up his shivering spine. He was his usual personality, the original Surota, and was frankly glad that he was. He didn't want to have to deal with the chaos of acting out with his alters, their way with things quite different then Surota's. They're what got him in this stupid asylum in the first place, a place of nightmares and torture.

Surota went to go sit in the shaded corner of his small cell, pulling his knees to his chest and letting out a shivering breath. The lab workers never provided them with anything warm in the winter time, always trying to see their capabilities of surviving on their own. How stupid of them, yet oddly and eerily smart as well. Surota entered his mind of many alters, their thoughts swirling around with his as he sat there shivering, his many emotions breaking out as he whispered quietly to himself. The whispers were speaking to each other although they were in the same body, making Surota look as though he were talking to himself. He was indeed speaking to himself, but with his alters using and controlling his words and mouth shape to form sentences of their own. Surota sat there as he let the alters use his body freely, the whispering slowly growing into a lull of conversation, with himself.

RafaDark looking at his door, he realized that it was already morning because the birds were singing, the guards passing on the front of the others cells and the rats squeaking all around the place. The only thing that RafaDark could think in the moment was the sudden feeling to get out of his cell and strike someone in the face but his cell was different from the others, it was totally closed, no bars on his door and on his window, if he had a window, he just had a normal steel door with a little opening to receive food and feel the little artificial light of the corridor. His eyes was totally tired of being all night thinking on how he would flee from that place, he was almost ten years in there and never tried to escape, but he helped others, some years ago he helped a boy to flee from the asylum but RafaDark was caught trying to flee and he been imprisoned since that happened. With no connection to the outside, he could just rely on the guard's gossips and the other "patients" screams.

(We are playing it here then?)

(( Woops forgot to move it. I'm on it now. @RafaDark sorry for the inconvenience! ))

Reactions: RafaDark
Last edited:
Reactions: Jerelin
Kumori was biting her dark black hair, as per usual. She was sitting down in the corner of the cell, and her knees were brought up to her chest, making her figure seem smaller. The cold of the concrete had seeped in long ago, making her body just feel... Numb. She couldn't feel her toes or hands, only being clothed by a shirt and torn pants. She shuddered. The teenager had stopped counting the days when she reached 67, giving up hope on any chance of freedom. However the... Well, darker, side of her urged for freedom. And to get there, blood. Lots of killing and blood. But she wasn't really against that. Pain will be felt when she would get out of the hellish place.

The only sounds to be heard was some sobbing, down the hall, and someone whispering to themselves. It was the guy right by her cell-- he usually did that. Dying of boredom and cold, she asked him; "What's today's topic of conversation?" her voice cracked, she had been yelling her anger out some hours ago when Insanity showed up. That's what she called herself when she lost any sanity. Quite simple, really.

so I have no idea where the group moved? is it like a legit group or is it in a forum somewhere bc there is no place in the group section that I could find, marked horror. Maybe could you guys send me a link? sorry if it's an inconvenience.

sorry I would click it and it just kicked me up higher on the page, so I didn't know if it was actually a link or if something was wrong with my connection or what. so thank you!

Oh my hahaha! Sorry I should've tested it! Sorry for inconvenience. @Xaviera Jade

Alright it's fixed now. Haha sorry for causing you two to have to look for it and such. Should have tested it first, so faults on me. @Xaviera Jade @Jerelin

Status
Not open for further replies.