The Assassin's revolutions (xxDarkest_Assassinxx and H20polo5)

• Thread starter xxDarkest_Assassinxx
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
((Yeah that's fine ^^ I understand.))

She nodded to his question, gathering spit in her mouth and spitting a bit lamely. She was a girl, she didn't go around practicing how to spit. It wasn't sexy at all. She kept her hands on Connor's ribcage like usual, grateful for the slow pace as she listened to him speak. Part of her felt like he was lying to her just to make her feel better, but she smiled regardless, thankful for the attempt at easing her own mind as she exhaled slowly.

"When do we go after Lee, mio amico (my friend)?" She asked, attempting to change the subject as she adjusted herself on the saddle a bit, woman didn't ride horses where she lived and she could feel that she would be sore tonight from riding one just a couple of hours.

"We will find Lee soon enough, we both have reasons for spilling his blood. But there are things that must be done first" he couldn't wait to watch Charles die but he knew he couldn't get ahead of himself. He hoped Vanessa understood the same thing, they had to prioritize before getting to Charles. The freedom of the people came before revenge.

"Today was quite eventful, you may rest when we return if you wish" he said knowing that she would probably need to to let her kill sink in along with the fact that she would have to kill more. One thing he hoped wouldn't happen would be her hesitating to kill Charles. He needed her to be more used to killing before she'd be ready for that

"I am only happy that I may no longer be an annoyance to you, and more of a help," she responded in kind, the promise of sleep and relaxing sounded nice and she was grateful for the offer that she would eagerly take. The ride went on the rest of the way in silence, and upon arrival she would greet Achilles properly before apologetically dismissing herself to her room and pulling down her hood roughly as she took the stairs and entered her room. She disrobed quickly, eager to lay in her bed to sleep, rest, and think.

Thinking would come first and keep her awake most of the night, Connor had taught her well, possibly too well. She had taken a man's life without a single thought, she had just done it because he attacked the man and Connor. It had been complete instinct. Rolling onto her side, she stared at the wall as she attempted to come to some sort of amends with the day's events. She thought of the leap of faith, how her heart had pounded at the very idea of her crashing and simply dying. The rush of the wind roaring in her ears and then the crash, even the crash was a bit euphoric as her mind and being caught up to her physical body. Finally her eyes closed and she slept.

Unlike the usual mornings, Vanessa would sleep in and since she locked her door out of habit, Connor would have to climb through her window if he wanted her to be woken that morning at all. If he allowed her to sleep, she would sleep all the way until the sun was at it's highest before finally rising.

Connor informed Achilles on the days events and discussed the new direction of his search. "She is eager to find Lee as well, the extra help will be quite useful in locating him." Connor said watching Achilles as he wrote in a large leather book. "Do you think she's ready for that yet? She has only just started Connor, you should give het time to adjust. I saw her today when you both returned. She looked shaken to core, I assume it was from her first kill?" Achilles looked Connor in the eyes waiting for his reply "Everyone is affected by their initial kill, it comes with being an assassin. But with time she will form into a very skilled one." Connor crossed his arms over his chest as he finished speaking. Achilles gave a sigh then replied "Just make sure you look after her and keep her safe"

Early the next morning, Connor took a horse and rode to his home village to check on his people. He noticed that the people there were clearly recovering from something. Nothing looked damaged or even out of place byte the people definitely looked shaken

It would take all of Vanessa's strength to rise from bed and she still felt tired enough that she wanted to sleep, but one glance out the window told her she was late and she immediately jumped out of bed. She didn't untangle her legs though so she merely slammed onto the ground. She groaned before kicking and untangling herself as she ran around the room for her discarded robes and pulled them on swiftly.

"Are you alright," Achilles called up to her, having heard the loud commotion.

Vanessa was just finishing lacing up her boots and attaching her bracers as she shouted back, "Fine, fine. Just late."

Achilles smirked but waited for her to run downstairs before telling her, "he's already left, child. Maybe you should wait here with me?"

"Are you certain," Vanessa asked, though she halted from running out the door, she respected Achilles and listened to him as much as she listened to Connor, "he could need me."

Achilles sighed, "you remind me of him. Far too eager..." for moment that seemed it was all he was going to say as she looked to him patiently, he sighed, "South of here. Don't keep to the path, you'll just get confused. Stay South until reach the mountain, go around it. You won't be able to miss the village."

Vanessa thanked him and forced her sore muscles into a run to catch up with Connor. The forest wasn't lively at all, which made her a bit nervous as she slowed her pace into a walk. Connor had taught her how to listen to the forest as she looked up at the sky - not a single chirp from a bird or scratch of a squirrel. Warily she scanned the area around her as well for the source of the silence, she found none though as she kept up her march to find Connor. She came upon the village, just as Achilles had told her and she ran towards the entrance, not worried one bit when- WHAM!

Grunting, Vanessa gasped as the air was knocked out of her. She looked up and just in time to roll to miss a tomahawk from slamming into her skull. He had her straddled though so she couldn't run away. "Wait, stop," Vanessa pleaded in alarm as she struggled against him. This time she brought up her bracer to block the tomahawk, her forearm burned with the pain as she tried to get herself free. "I didn't mean to-" a punch to her jaw silenced her as she shook her head of the ringing, not realizing he had grabbed both of her hands with one of his own.

"Say goodbye, pale face," the man growled in a Native tongue that Vanessa didn't understand. Completely helpless, she closed her eyes and tensed for the blow. Why am I the one that always gets in trouble?

Connor was talking to the chief of the village. "The man Charles Lee was here earlier, he and his men are threatening to sell our land and force us to relocate." Said the chief, his features dark and cold.

"How can they do this when they do not own this land, it is not theirs to sell." Connor had to fight to keep control of his anger. His people were the first to settle here and Charles thought he could simply come in and sell land that did not belong to him. "I will have his head for this" Said Connor looking around at the others and taking in the view of the land.

Connor was going to say more but then he heard a struggle, he swore he heard the voice of a woman....He heard Vanessa's voice. He rushed over to the source of the noise to find one of his people about to bring his tomahawk down on Vanessa. He quickly grabbed the man's arm and pulled him off of her. "Stop! She is not an enemy" Said Connor as he stood between Vanessa and the native. Connor knew the look in the man's eyes, it was hate and bloodlust. Connor was glad he had gotten here when he did or he would have had to bury Vanessa's mutilated body. He turned to her Andre offered his hand. "Are you hurt?"

"She is not one of us, Ratonhnhaké:ton," he spoke in their native tongue, annoyed that Connor had stopped him from killing her, but he didn't move to attack again. Merely gripped his tomahawk lightly, "she thinks like them! Once we have our back turned she will kill us too!" The man was actually pacing a bit and Vanessa imagined a large cat pacing it's cage and she watched him with a wary gaze. In all honesty she could have easily countered him if she wasn't trying to be careful not to kill him - he wasn't her enemy afterall.

"Nothing I can't recover from, mio amico," Vanessa spoke evenly as she took his hand, and this time took a couple of steps backwards and away from them both, "I don't want to cause more conflict. Find what you need inside, I think it would be best if I wait out here at a distance, si?" Vanessa offered, the last thing she wanted was to enter the village and immediately some sort of riot start inside the wooden fenced area. She checked her bracers, one had a large scar now where the tomahawk had slammed against the metal, but she was surprised to see the bracer still in tact.

Connor watched the man pacing infront of him, this was a sign of a threat and Connor took no threats lightly. He loved all of his people and sought only to protect them, but if this man attacked him Connor would fight back. He heard the man yell infront of him but didn't respond. He simply watched the man's tomahawk for any sings of attack. Once the man walked away and he helped Vanessa, she told him it were better for her to stay out at the entrance. "You are on my side and they'll have to accept that, they must also know who you are so they do not kill you." Connor knew she must feel terribly uncomfortable, especially after being attacked but he knew that she coming with him would be better. "I cannot force you, but I would come inside so you aren't killed when I'm not looking. They may also know something about Lee, if you tell the chief that you are hunting him you will be untouched

Vanessa kept her watchful gaze on the man as he stalked away, though her gaze couldn't be seen due to the hood. As Connor insisted that it would be better for her to enter the village, she nodded her head and said, "After you than, per favore." She stated calmly, gesturing for him to lead the way. Her curiosity was peaked to see Connor's home, after all she had heard so many stories about the Natives of the New World, and Connor had proven them all wrong and been patient enough to explain a couple of things here and there when she asked while learning to be an assassin.

They're so normal, Vanessa mused, her gaze sweeping everywhere to try to see everything at once. People eyed her warily, she did admit to anyone ignorant she could easily pass for a Native American. Her skin a natural tan, but apparently they could tell the difference between the two. Maybe it was the fact that she had a small nose for her face, or the way her eyes were large and round instead beautifully narrowed.

Ducking into a hut, her gaze fell upon an elder man, the chief. She wasn't quite certain how to greet the man, nor was she certain if he spoke English. Instead she offered a bow and crossed her arms, allowing Connor to converse with the man while she waited to be noticed or have Connor translate for her.

Connor took the man's hand in his and gave a respectful bow. "This is my partner Vanessa. She will be assisting me in the search for the men who seek to drive us out." Connor stepped aside to allow the chief to see Vanessa. He pulled his hood of and nodded toward Vanessa signaling her to do the same.

The chief walked over to Vanessa and eyed her carefully, examining all of her features. "She is not like the others who come here. She is of different origin" he said as he looked her in the eyes.

"Yes, Italian" said Connor as he watched Vanessa and the chief. He was curious to see how the chief would react to her, especially after seeing that she was different from the white men who occasionally came to the village.

The chief took Vanessa's hand and gave a bow. He then stood upright and returned his gaze into her eyes. "What brings you here child?"

Vanessa was a bit relieved to see that the Chief spoke and understood English, she shed her hood when Connor nodded for her to do the same. Her dark locks framed her tan face, her eyes widened a bit as the Chief moved towards her. Vanessa couldn't help but be a bit more wary of others in the village because of her first encounter, she took a step back but other than that didn't move any further so he could examine her. He then spoke as though she wasn't there, it was clear he was speaking to Connor and not her so she kept silent as the Chief took her hand and bowed. Awkwardly she bowed back uncertainly and watched move and sit, and finally speak to her.

The question seemed more deep than her simply responding with 'Charles Lee' and so with one last glance to Connor as though for guidance, she answered hesitantly, "I wish to help in anyway I can. I assume we have a common enemy? Charles Lee?"

The chief inspected her closely. "Indeed we do. Charles has caused us trouble for quite some time. Might I ask what quoral you have with lee?" He turned form her but kept his ears focused on her. He went to retrieve a peach from a basket to give to her.

Connor crossed his arms and leaned against a sturdy post that supported the large hut they were under. He simply waited for them to conclude their conversation

Vanessa nodded her head in understanding, Connor had briefly mentioned the problems Lee had caused the Natives. "I'll be honest in admitting I have selfish reasons - revenge. He has killed my family, I have no one left here. But the more important reason is the Creed; Lee is a Templar and working towards domination and an empire. For this land to thrive, democracy is far greater than a single ruler. Wouldn't you agree," she asked and stared at the peach with a raised eyebrow, "what is this?"

"I would hardly call it selfish. I believe in an eye for an eye. Your other reasoning is also admirable. The voice of the people rather that the ignorance of one man. The people here will be very greatful to hear of you contribution to bringing peace to our land." He saw the look of confusion on her face as he handed her the fruit. "Have you never seen a peach child? It is a fruit" he gave her a small smile. Something that took Connor by surprise, he rarely saw anyone here smile.

Smiling, Vanessa shook her head as she admitted, "there are no peaches where I come from..." curiously she bit into the fruit, glancing cautiously at him. The skin was fuzzy and the scent hit her senses the moment she broke the skin of the fruit. Her eyes widened before she spoke rapidly in Italian, "Oh my- questa è la cosa migliore che io abbia mai assaggiato!" Vanessa grinned as she took another bite and dabbed at some juices on her chin, her eyes alight with curiosity as she translated, "it is very good...may I inquire of any other delicious treats you might have here that I do not know of?" She chuckled unashamed at her bluntness for food.

Both Connor and the chief smiled at Vanessa's reaction to the foreign fruit. He wondered what other foods she may not have seen before. The chief went to the basket and pulled out a small pouch of rasberries. The village had a surplus of food, so he didn't mind sharing with their new found ally. He walked over to her and handed her the small pouch. "Try these, they are called rasberries." He waited along with Connor to see her reaction to the berries

Status
Not open for further replies.