The Assassin Named Kira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryner watched as mizuki rushed down the street and then down at the ground. Tears started rolling down his eyes as he turned and punched the wall with full strength. He walked slowly back up to his apartment as he looked at the picture on his phone.

Mizuki quickly spinned around when hearing a voice. When seeing it was only a normal citizen, she mentally sighed in relief before glancing at the dead body. "Umm, okay. I'll find another way home." She replied as the blood stain grew bigger

Dice squinted harder at the girl, still groggy from having been woken up moments before. He stared hard at the growing dark splotch on her clothes. Slowly, he took a few steps towards her, "Say are you alright?" He asked, noticing that she was wearing a school uniform and recalling that their uniform didn't have any dark red splotches on it. It took him a moment to put two and two together, and when he did his pace quickened, "Yeesh, you need to come with me. That looks brutal." His brow was furrowed in a worried expression, and his face was pale from seeing even more blood, though he still walked towards her.

Mizuki instantly took a few steps backwards. While shaking her head, she replied with, "I-I'm fine." She glanced left and right before rushing to the left, where her apartment was

"Well if you say so, but" Dice stopped approaching her, but kept his eye on the growing blood stain. Seeing the blood made him grow faint, and he struggled to stay on his feet. He glanced briefly up to her face, getting only a brief glance of her features before she turned and ran from him, "Wait! At least let me help you..." He took a few steps forwards to try to chase her. His voice droned out as she was quickly out of his sight, "home." He finished, shaking his head. He stopped, looking at the corner she'd disappeared around and contemplating whether or not to go after her. "I've had enough trouble tonight. Besides, I'll see her tomorrow at school." He decided, turning back to the entrance, keeping his eyes away from the dead body that was attracting flies on the road. He heard police sirens disrupt the silence of the quiet neighborhood around his apartment. Hurriedly, he rushed up to his room, not wanting to be seen next to a dead body when the cops arrived. In his room he took off his flip flops and shirt and collapsed onto his bed. The events that had just occurred made him positive that he was just dreaming.

Ryner looked at his hand that had started to swell up. He walked to his bathroom and bandaged his hand. After that he walked over to his bed. He laid down staring at the wall as he slowly fell asleep.

(If it's allright, I kinda want my character to be insane :)

Shadow chuckled, slowly breaking into a loud, booming physcotic laugh as the man lay spasming, dying on the ground. The blood stained the sweet smelling scent of the cellar as her maniacal laugh went on unbroken, continuously plunging a dagger into her victims leg.
"Stand up," she suddenly snapped. The man groaned in intense agony as he tried feebly to get up, and Shadow slapped her victim across the cheek with her sharp edged, bronze glove, knocking him to the ground. A grin beamed on her face. She pricked her ears as she heard a quiet gurgle from the man. She leaned in closer and politely said,
"Sorry, didn't catch that. Could you please repeat what you said?" More gurgling occured which slowly became faster and more panicked as she raised her gloved hand.
"Anything... I'll... Do... Anything," the man managed to say. Shadow broke into her laugh again as the man stared in absolute horror.
"The thing is, I don't need you for anything. You're just my little toy," Shadow managed to say. "Did you really think you will get away?"

A man's body was later found by police in a wine cellar, flies swarming the rotting body. Fresh roses surrounded him, and the mangled body was found holding an empty wine bottle. Inside was a note, empty of any fingerprints whatsoever, saying,

Dear...
This is a simple introduction. The thing is, I'm gonna end up doing this too all of you. Unless of course... Eh, just kidding :) So basically your gonna die painfully. Got it?
I wish you good luck in trying to find me, but you can't catch a shadow. Just saying.

Sincerely,
The Shadow
XOXO

Last edited by a moderator:
The next day Mizuki changed into a fresh uniform. She then grabbed her school bag before leaving for school. As she started walking down the street, she noticed five police cars surrounding the body from yesterday

Dice heard the loud ringing of his alarm clock beside him, ending his deep sleep. He rolled over in bed, staring at the alarm clock and the time. He smashed the off button with his fist, and slowly sat up on his bed. He held a hand up to his head, "Man, that was some crazy dream last night" he moaned, rubbing his temples. He slowly managed to get his school uniform on. Dragging his feet through his kitchen, he scanned the counter for his book bag. Apple, wrapper, dagger, dirty dishes... Ah, there it is. He grabbed his bag and headed out his door, not processing the dangerous weapon that had been thrown at him the night before in what he considered to be a "dream". He took the stairs down to the ground floor of his apartment to wake himself up. In the lobby, he saw a police officer standing cross armed at the entrance, that had flashing red and blue lights coming through it. He approached the officer, "You live here kid?" The officer asked before Dice could say anything, "Yes, yes I do. Is there an issue?" Dice slurred, sleep still clouding his mind, "Yeah, there was a murder here last night. What's your name kid? I'm sure the detective will want to ask you some questions." "My name is Dice. But I've got to go to school now, so I can't take any questions." "Alright..." The officer pulled out a notepad and wrote down his name, before looking back up at Dice, squinting hard at him, "Are you high right now Dice?" Dice stared at him through half closed eyes, "No, I'm not officer. I'm just not a morning person. Can I get by you know?""No can do, crime scene out there. Use the side entrance." "Mmmkay" Dice turned lazily and made his way to the side exit, still unable to put the pieces together between his dream and the crime scene going on outside his front door. Leaving his apartment, Dice looked along the road to see one of his classmates not far ahead, some girl who looked awfully familiar to him. He squinted at her, I swear I've seen her before... Not just in the hallways... Finally, his curious mind spurred him into action."Hey, wait up!" He yelled, jogging towards her.

Shadow was a master of disguise. With her chequered history, she had managed to seal herself from existence, leaving no trace whatsoever. Every time she had to merge with society for whatever reason, she would go as what seemed like a completely different person, careful not to become tangled in the ties of a social life. This time, she went to her normal morning expense of making her disguise. Shadow had managed to find a small, cheap and badly cared for hotel, in which she rented a room for two nights. Before the sun rose she had awakened from her short slumber and cauitiously put on a curly blond wig, hiding her brown, silky hair inside. Aviator sunglasses, tan, blue contacts. She gagged as she put on a frilly, colourful dress, if somewhat smutty. She gorged down cereal and slipped on bright red high heels from her wide array of shoes.
"Almost done," she said sighing. This would be a bad day. She grabbed a handbag and filled it with the usual makeup, and before leaving the house she glanced at the mirror. Nothing like her usual self. Perfect. Shadow trotted out the door.

As Mizuki began walking down the street, she noticed the boy from yesterday rushing towards her. What was his name again? Oh yeah, Die. She slowed down to a stop as if she started running like she did yesterday then the nearby police officer might be suspicious

Ryner slowly sat up as his alarm clock left a ringing sound in his ear. "I really need a new alarm clock." He got up and changed into his school uniform. He looked at hisrm as he left his apartment. "What excuse am I going to use on this one." He saw mizuki and the kid from the day before that was supposed to be the target. He jogged over to them hey mizuki.

Another vibration. He didn't really want to look at the phone. It was pointless. He already knew what he had to do, so why insist upon reminding him over thirty times a day. With a sigh, the young man pulled out the black flip phone from his pocket.

[Get back to me. Have you located the target?]

Rolling his eyes, he typed in a simple response. [Yes]

The air felt good to breathe in, especially after being stuck in a room for three days. Of course, he hadn't gotten any sleep either. He knew for sure that people were going to ask questions about his absence from school. Koyomi, missing from school for more than a day? Ridiculous. A small smirk came across his face. In reality, he didn't like missing school at all. But when business called, he had no choice. His pocket vibrates again. Another text. This one was simply an image of the number one. He sighed and scratched his head, slightly making his dark blonde hair messy. Then the smell of coffee came to him. Looking into the shop, he could see people going about their day, happy as can be. If only life could afford him such simple luxuries. And for a minute he caught his reflection in the glass, piercing grey eyes looking back, school uniform neat and clean. Another sound then caught his attention. The sound of running feet. One young man was running towards two other students. All from his school. He fell behind them, zoning out in his mind but making sure to follow them so he made it to school without getting lost.

Mizuki glanced over at Ryner and waved in response, "Hey." She continued to walk and five minutes after doing so her phone vibrated. So she took her phone out from her pocket and, while making sure no-one could see the screen, checked it. It was a message from the man that had trained her to be one of the best assassins that the world had ever known. Once she had read the message Mizki placed the phone back into her pocket. She had a new target, someone from her school. To be more specific, her math teacher

Dice caught up to the girl and slowed down to a walk, taking a few deep breaths before he began talking. He opened his mouth, but was cut off from a voice behind them. He looked over his shoulder, and through the glaring flashing lights of the police cars he was able to make out another figure wearing their school uniform. He watched the boy for a second, concluding that he must be a friend of the all too familiar girl beside him. He turned his head back to her. He noticed her pull out a cell phone, and sub consciously went to look at her screen, which was quickly obscured from his view. He took the opportunity to look the girl over, trying to find any features that led to her uncanny resemblance to someone he'd met before. He came up short, finding nothing that lent itself to his cause. He waited until she put her phone down to speak, "Say, you look awful familiar... What's your name?" Dice looked her over once more, his eyes no longer half closed in a sleepy dazed. His jog seemed to have woken him up a bit.

"I'm Mizuki." She replied as they continued to walk. Since she didn't have any weapons with her, she'd have to improvise this assasination. But why of all people would they want her to kill her math teacher? When they arrived at the high school, Mizuki met up with her other friends. She then begun making her way towards her first class, English

Status
Not open for further replies.