1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Plain and simple, tell me how you would make the sandwich of your dreams. Cut the crust off the bread? Coat both sides of the bread (and the crust) in mayo? Lay it on me.​

Ooh ho ho.

Let me tell you...

About the Brick Sandwich.

Basically, what you do is you get a loaf of bread - I prefer either Italian or Ciabatta. Cut that puppy long ways, then slather on some spreads, some meats and cheeses...whatever you enjoy most in a sandwhich. Next... wrap it as tight as you can in plastic wrap - then pop that little guy in the fridge and layer a few bricks (yes, bricks) over top. In a few hours, pull it out and what you'll have is the most amazing sandwich you'll ever eat... infused with just... unreal flavor.

Ugh. I'm drooling.

Was never really big on sandwiches, but picked up some tricks from packing lunches for my brother.

I prefer hot/grilled sandwiches to cold ones. Probably ciabatta/sourdough for the bread. A mix of meats; ham and turkey generally, play with bacon and prosciutto if I'm being luxurious. The above all need to hit the grill. I don't do vegetables cause I'm supremely unhealthy, but I'd either caramelise some onions or go raw red onion (if I must, it's lettuce and tomato).

Sauce-wise, mayonnaise spiked with salt and pepper. Can ad hoc a garlic aioli (olive oil, garlic with the above). Would typically prefer some sort of gravy though if it's on hand... (plain white bread is almost preferrable if it is)

Reactions: An Otaku
Using two pieces of sliced white bread, I'd start with (hamburger dill) pickles on the bottom, then slightly rolled/folded meats on both pieces of bread. The meat would be either cold roast beef, or chipotle-flavored rotisserie. Next on the bottom, medium cheddar cheese, then onion and tomato slices, and finally mustard. At last, put the top half on the bottom and cut in half diagonally. Serve with cheetos or jalapeno chips. Voila~

Ciabatta bread is great because when I make sandwiches, they usually fall apart if it's just white bread...

But like, there's this flatbread at Subway? I don't know what it's called specifically... that's nice too.

Anyway, best bread is heated bread! And probably heat the cheese with it. Like, pepper jack or something else sort of spicy. And then... hm. Oh! Lot of vegetables! Tomatoes, lettuce, yellow peppers, those one pickles that are sort of sour, jalapeños, and... um. Hm, really anything in the fridge that isn't an onion.

As for the meat.... turkey is the usual. Chicken is... acceptable. Ham is usually meh. There's something called brisket that I don't usually like but sometimes it's okay. But since I like variety, the best one is... all three! Or two... at least a combo of two!

Oh yeah, sauces. Um. Mayo or brown mustard I guess.

But! To have the perfect sandwich, there must be the perfect chips!! And those... depend on the day, really. Whatever is in my pantry, so usually stale Lays. But ideally? Fresh, oven baked Lays! And... I guess that about covers it... hm.

P.S. I really, really like pepper. So once the sandwich is complete, pepper everywhere!! Though... it probably would be best to pepper the meat before heating it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kitti
The perfect BLT: golden toasted bread, crispy bacon, crispy lettuce, juicy home-grown tomatoes, and a healthy dose of delicious mayo (not any of that fake stuff).

Cut diagonally. Weep in joy.

I keep it simple.

Simple honey smoked turkey ham and provolone sandwich. With mayo, and I'm not too self conscious to admit, with ketchup. Buttered bread slices. Also I like to cook the ham with butter. I know butter isn't that great for you. But if I must make a sandwich. It's going to taste damn good.

Mm, I don't know that much about kinds of bread, but I would want something that can be used to make a sub sandwich. For meats, put on some non-lunchmeat ham, bacon, pepperoni, and maybe some kind of salami or summer sausage if I can find a good one. For vegetables, just plain 'ol lettuce will do, although it needs to go on later because I'm gonna heat the sandwich. For cheese, some kind of garlicy goat cheese or goat cheddar, or maybe manchego. For sauces, just garlic mustard. Pickles are also good to have on there. Then heat it up and savor it ^.^

Reactions: Eru
Muffuletta. Muffuletta bread + olive salad + mortadella, salami, and ham and a ton of provolone.

Reactions: Eru
Get some good bread first of all. Cheap is not always good. I'll tell you that 88 cent bread might look tempting when you're running low on cash but for the sake of having a good sandwich where the bread isn't stale when you get it home get the good bread.

My sandwich of choice comes with wheat bread. Line those slices with mayo and mustard and Sargento cheese. Get some lettuce, tomatoes, and a bit of onions with bacon.

Instead of bread I would use Cat treats, and I would put Catnip in-between the the cat treats.

I like toasted bread for starters. Then Miracle whip on the toasted bread. Add to that a piece of cheddar cheese. Then a few slices of ham crisped up in a pan. The an egg fried atop that. More miracle whip on the top and yum...perfect!

Though @Elle Joyner ..I am going to HAVE to try that Brick sandwich!

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Status
Not open for further replies.