The Art of Magic: IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 'Vi' character sure left a quick impression on him, and in the most literal sense he could think of. She gave him a poster, talked to him for a bit without really giving him a chance to respond, then moved on to the next person. Kami decided to look over the poster and found something about a summer event in it, that would give him reason to come back here, wouldn't it? He decided to move on, but where would he go was the question? Who knows, maybe if he hid away somewhere for a while, no one would really come looking for him. He felt that was best, but then, he had no idea what was coming next once they were told to come back. He decided to head back for his room and think things over, leaving Vi to her business.

It took him a bit to find his room again, but he was getting used to walking around the place by now, and since he was alone, he could do, well, anything. Okay, so he didn't have a partner nor did anyone really come looking for him, but he figured that, too, was for the best. He was used to being alone, the only sanctuary he considered was his home. Entering inside his room, he found a nice place to hide the poster away into, just in case any of the staff searched the rooms. Well, this is a fine mess, he thought to himself. I came here to learn about my mana nature, not be sent running around like some test subject. What am I supposed to do now, there is no competition, no set end goal for doing this, so what's the point?

The thought of the horrifying experience from before swept into his mind again, and he quickly shook it off. That looked like an ominous sign, what does it mean? Am I doomed to fall into darkness, does it mean I'm going to die soon, it is driving me -mad- not knowing anything about it! If I was being trained in my mana nature right now, and being able to learn about the history behind it, I wouldn't be so frustrated, but no, apparently that has to wait until later?! Kaminari was angry that his curiosity would have to wait, and in the middle of all of this, something struck him right in the face. Of course, why didn't I think of it sooner! I passed RIGHT by it, didn't I?! The Library! I'll go there and look up information on dragons! How could I have made such a rookie mistake as to forget the most informative place on the campus!

Leaving the room and closing it once again, he locked the door on his way out to avoid anyone getting in. He didn't really care what the staff had in terms for rules, no one had bothered with him, why should he bother with anyone? The memory of being patted came to his mind, but he hadn't saw who had done it. Someone was worried about him among them? As long as he was being left in the dark, he wouldn't take any risks, not now of all times. Leaving, he headed off for the library's location, remembering where he had glanced at it before. After some time wandering around the place, he found himself hearing noises again. Looking over towards the source of the noises, he found himself looking at the cafeteria, and with it, the study lounge and the library! He decided not to bother with the cafeteria for now, he would eat when it was time for that. For now, though, he enters into the library, not sure what to expect from it.

Well, it appealed more to him than he thought! It was such a large and had so many books, the thought tempted him to read a fiction novel or two before remembering why he had come here in the first place. He knew to look for the sections, if they didn't label things, who would ever know where any specific books were? After sometime exploring and getting used to the library, he found himself coming across a section where he thought some books about dragons might be located. Sure enough, he found a few of them, but one looked big enough for him to take. After all, the bigger it was, the more information that was put into it, right? Well, whatever, he thought to himself. Taking the book into his hand, he scrolled through it briefly before noticing something in it. Turning to the page, he found a reference to another book, a fictional one at that. He mentally sighed to himself before heading off to find that book too. Well, it couldn't hurt him, right?

After some more searching around, he finds the book the first one referred to and looked at it. He had heard about this, but had never found the time to read it. Well, again, it couldn't hurt him to finally catch up on it. Heading over to the desk, he tells them that he'll be checking these two books out and, after giving them some form of confirmation that he was in fact a student here, is able to take the two books, thank the person, and head out. Once again, his eyes get caught on the cafeteria and he shakes it off, needing to at least read some of what the first book was going to be about. He heads into the student lounge, and felt immediately at ease. This was where he would enjoy himself the most, just coming here and being able to relax without no worries at all. He finds himself a seat near a desk to sit down in and sets the two books down in front of him. He takes the first one he was looking for and smiles, on the inside though, he was worried he might have picked up something that would completely put him in the wrong direction. Only one option from here now, he thought to himself. So, he opens the door and starts to read what is inside of it.​

The jog around the lake proves to be an extremely pleasant experience due to the natural pathways and beautiful scenery. The lake is fairly low in elevation, and there is nearby cliff that rises steadily as the distance from the school increases. It must be about 30 feet up, and has such a perfect view of the school and lake. Plus, it certainly isn't a forest, but trees populate the surrounding area, probably due to the abundance of water. The groundskeeper must have a heck of a job maintaining this area. It looks like the area would quickly turn into a forest without constant intervention.

Well, regardless, I was enjoying my run, even despite it being the heat of the day. Part of me wanted to go back to the dorm to get some sunscreen, but considering half my reason for coming out here alone was to be away from Haruka, Nowmi, and everyone; it would kinda defeat the purpose of being out here. I mean, it isn't like it would be the worst thing in the world to meet up with them. In fact, I really would prefer to be with them. Its just, I didn't get nearly enough exercise from wallball. I got myself thrown out so early that it couldn't be helped, but Nowmi and Haruka looked pretty tired. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they were both taking a nap right now.

Though, I'd be lying to myself if I didn't say that part of it was simply feeling like I don't belong. I tried to go out of my way to be good friends with Nowmi and Haruka, and at first I thought Nowmi was doing the same. When she came up to me to apologize and we ended up playing wallball, I really thought that I could just be myself around her. I thought that, but then she started trashing one of my idols right in front of me, even after I made it obvious that I was a big fan. I didn't say anything because I didn't want any trouble and it wasn't really that big a deal, but then Nowmi got upset with me when I accidently called her Nowmi. I tried to roll with it, making it a cute pet name, but then she shut me down again. It all made me think, maybe she doesn't really consider me at all. Maybe, she is just bored, and I was the easiest person to befriend. It is still working... Even though I keep tripping over my feet and making her upset, I'm hopelessly infatuated with her, so I want to be around her. There is so many things I want to ask of her, but in fear of scaring her off, I keep it to myself. Being around her is stressful for me. I wish she would consider me, a least a little more.

I felt the similar about Haruka. I keep finding myself withdrawing more and more because I'm afraid of upsetting him, and he never really does anything but tag along with me. We really don't share anything in common but a room. I mean, I think he is really nice, but that is also why I'm worried that him hanging out with me is really just him being too nice to refuse. He seemed to be pretty happy to go back to the dorm rooms without me. It makes me think that Haruka would have preferred rooming with someone else.

But also, I've been thinking about what happened in class today. I'm really worried about that Kami person. He seemed so cheerful at the beginning of class, but when he touched the chalice he looked horrible. It made me think about how lucky I am to have my mana nature. Even though my attempt ended with me getting soaking wet, I read what Ms. Fortune wrote about what happened. I feel like my mana nature is about radiance. I feel like with my magic, I can become a popular idol, or at the very least a performer. I've always been the type to do things by ear, purposely do things just because they are cute or spontaneous, and to love receiving the attention of others. My mana nature just fits me. It is hard to imagine what it is like for people like Kami, who have to come to terms with theirs.

When I think about it that way, maybe I'm having a struggle like that right now. Maybe, in my attempts to get along, I compromised my own nature. I might cause Nowmi and Haruka some problems if I keep just doing what I want, but maybe I need to find a balance. I can't let myself get upset over something this small. Nowmi just has a different background, and Haruka is just a bit shy. We all have our quirks, and if I don't accept them for theirs, then how can I expect them to accept mine. Oh, and I probably should stop calling Noémi, Nowmi, in my head or that name is really going to stick with me.

Rounding my third lap around the entire lake, I finally feel like I've at least gotten my excess energy out of my system. I feel really hot at this point. I've gotten a lot of time to think about things, and I feel a lot better. Though, there is one thought I kept having that was never resolved. In the heat sweating, I thought about how nice and cool the lake looked. I would have just jumped right in, but this lake houses a particularly fiendish fish who finds cotton based products delicious called a Lanaphage. Jumping in would likely mean coming out without any clothes. I hope some poor soul doesn't try jumping in. There really should be a warning sign for that kind of thing.

I should think about getting a swimsuit. I know they sell them in town, but I'd need to ask permission for that. I don't really know the process, so maybe it would be a good idea to check on that now incase it turns out that you need advance permission. Plus, I'm pretty sure they have a water fountain, and I'm thirsty enough to bite a cactus.

Laika begins walking to the administrative building, though it seems that she has a slight sunburn, and could use a shower after running during the hottest part of the day. Nonetheless, she seems determined to go swimming while the summer weather persists.

Reactions: Thundor
Noémi woke up a short time later, rubbing her eyes. "I can't sleep like this, it's too different from home..." Mumbling to herself, she looked over, and spied the sleeping Haruka. "I'm sure they won't mind if I rearrange a few things..." Her plan was in motion, and while Haruka slept, Noémi set to work altering the room. First, the beds were pushed aside, both Haruka's and Laika's were relegated to corners in the room (gently as to not wake Haruka), and her own bed was moved to the front. From her things, a large curtain was placed around her bed, turning it into a makeshift canopy bed, so the light from the windows wouldn't disturb her while she slept. Next, all the sheets and curtains were replaced by white lacy ones, the bathroom found itself full of a large variety of girly personal healthcare items, and a large stuffed teddy bear made it onto her bed, tucked behind the canopy so nobody would see. The closets given to the students were soon stuffed with a large variety of outfits, most of them casual dresses like the ones she was wearing. Soon her things were unpacked, the room was dominated by her belongings and decoration choices, but she felt a tiny bit of remorse. It really wasn't fair of her to take over the room like this, after all she had expected a room to herself and had packed accordingly, with enough sheets, curtains, and other decorations to turn a room into her own mini paradise. But with roommates, especially Haruka, they might not be too happy at the... overtaking of their room. From the last of her things, she brought out a bag of candy, her favorites from her country, ones that were of high quality, expensive as all hell, and could not be found outside of Gaul. She took the bag, placed it on a table near the front of the room, and wrote a little note on it in a very neat cursive. "I apologize for taking over the room like this, but I could never sleep in such a boring school room as it was before. If your things were disturbed I am sorry, please take a few of these candies and chocolates from my home country as a sign of my apology".

After that was done, still trying to avoid waking Haruka, Noémi changed herself into a new outfit, a black blouse and black long skirt, and quietly left the room, intending on exploring the campus further. She figured Laika would be coming back any time soon, and did not want to be in the room in case she was upset at the changes.

During the time Noémi was moving everything around, not making too much noise, Haruka still slept rather peacefully throughout it all, dreaming. A few more minutes or so after Noémi had left the room, Haruka finally woke up with a quiet yawn, covering his mouth as he did so. By now, he realized that no-one else was in the room with him, so he took this opportunity to take a shower, heading inside the bathroom, he turned on the tap and did just that. After he finished, he stepped out and decided to change into one of his clothes, being carefull not to disturb the contents of the closet too much, he dug out one of his outfits, though upon putting it on, he discovered it was a little tight around him. Was he really growing that fast? Or was it just some sort of accidental shrinking from washing it wrong, in either case, he figured he'd deal with it for now, but something about this particular outfit really seemed, off to him, perhaps he should check the mirror or something...

Walking towards the administrative building, I walk in right through the front door, not quite sure where exactly in the building I needed to be going. Fortunately, there was a secretary present. He'd probably know where to direct me. "Excuse me. I wanted to get permission to leave campus. Who would I talk to about that?"

The secretary laughs, "Man, you new students are the best. Only your first day on campus, and you already want to leave. Well, if you wanted to get permission, you should go see the venture department just down the hall. They are responsible for the school's involvement outside the campus grounds. Take it from me, while most students only ever see them to go to the nearby town, that department has lots of different opportunities for you. You should ask them about what they do, I bet it would make their day. Plus, I can see it being a good fit for someone so antsy to go off-campus. Anyway, sorry for the long-winded answer, I just love explaining things."

I smile at the general friendliness displayed by this secretary. He certainly explained way more than I had inquired, but he also made me aware of a section of the school that I might not have ever learned about. "Thank you. I'll definitely be sure to check it out." With my interest peaked, I go down the hall, curious to see what this venture department was about.

Just down the hall, I find a door labeled, "Venture". Assuming this was the correct door, I open it to find myself, outside? No, wait, I'm definitely still inside the administrative building, I can see the hallway behind me, but I was clearly in an outdoor plaza. There are is a lot of room for stalls to set up, and there is an important looking building with a front that looks like a movie theater set-up. Walking across a paved sidewalk, I find myself in front of the building. A girl from behind the glass talks through a microphone, "Hey there. You are certainly quick to come over to venture. We honestly didn't even expect to have students come over here till after basics teachers told everyone about us. Is there something I can help you with?"

"Well, I came here just looking to see how I can get permission to leave campus, but now I'm curious what this place is about."

The girl brims with excitement, "You've come to the right place then. Venture is the school department charged with creating off campus opportunities for students, and makes up the largest part of the administrative staff. We have agents all over reaching out to areas all over the world, finding where Red Star Academy students could prove useful. We have all sorts of opportunities; everything from monster-hunting to part time jobs. But, since we are still responsible for the students, we give students marks that let us stay in contact with them, and even summon them back to the Venture plaza if needed. Since the school year just started, we don't have any ventures for students to go on right now, but we still give out marks to anyone who wants to leave campus for other reasons."

If I wasn't so tired from running, I'd probably jump with excitement. No wonder the secretary seemed to think it would be a good fit for me. Magic school is nice and it isn't like I'm not used to staying in one general area, but with Venture I'd have a chance to see the world while class isn't going on. No wonder we have so much free time in the day. It gives us a ton of time to go exploring and hold club activities. "Wow, so I could even go back home, or even to a place I've never been?"

"That's how it works. Though, there are sometimes restrictions on where you are allowed to go, the biggest of which being that unless we say otherwise, we won't provide transportation. In addition, we won't let you skip class, so if you are off campus 15 minutes before basics class starts, our system will automatically summon you back to the Venture plaza. We understand this makes it hard to travel and explore, so we've also allowed students to plant a mark that will allow them to teleport to that location from the Venture portal." The girl points to the archway in the center of all the land for the stalls. "That way you'll be able to have a real mage's journey while you aren't in class."

I look up at the girl in awe. "Gosh, I wish someone would have told me about this place sooner. It sounds super cool. I probably would have enrolled just knowing that this was a thing!" Remembering why I originally came here, "So, could I get permission to leave campus? I wanted to go see the nearby town."

"Of course, we just need to get you marked. Where would you like me to place it? I can put it anywhere that I can touch." The glass separating the girl and Laika retracts upwards.

"Could you put it on my upper back? I would like it somewhere that people aren't going to see it?" I turn around, exposing my back by pulling back the collar of my shirt.

The girl presses her palm against Laika's back, and after just three seconds, a magical seal appears on her back glowing bright red, then dims to a simple marking.
symbols+2.jpg

I pull up my shirt to hide the mark, and yet cannot see for myself what it looks like. Wanting to get a shower, change clothes, see what the seal looks like, deal with my slight sunburn which had started to sting, and tell Haruka and Nowmi about Venture; I make a motivated dash for the dorm room. Looking back towards the Venture person, "Thanks for all the help. I'll definitely be back, possibly with friends."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Kami soon leaves the lounge, figuring he had no real reason to keep himself there anymore. What he could do, though, was find something to do before the night came. He had to get ahead, he had to move forward, he had to not stop. He was alone, and he was going to use that time to his advantage. He was away from home, his family expected him to do great things and to succeed, and he was going to do just that. Finding a map of the school hung up on a wall, he examines it to find a place known as the training area. His mind wondered, and he thought to himself, why not? But first, he had to put the books away, and so, he headed off for his room.

It took him some time before finding it, but when he did, he found a note had been put on the door. Pulling the note off, he looked at it to read that, due to some last minute changes, he would have the room alone and that his roommate, whoever the heck that was supposed to be, had been relocated. Letting out a sigh, he shrugs his shoulders and enters into the room, putting the note and the book away. Walking out of the room, he found no reason to keep it locked anymore, and so, closed the door. Then he figured that maybe someone might try to get in, so he locked the door anyway, precautions wouldn't hurt anyone.

After he headed off into the training room, and he found it to be more spacious than anywhere else in the building he had seen so far. From what he could see, there were some things set up here and there, but for the most part, it looked like he could do whatever he wanted. Which, wasn't much, but at least it was a start. He decided the first step is to walk around and explore, see what he could find in here. So, he moved his feet and started walking around the room, looking and watching whatever he could find in it.

It was places like this where Saemon truly felt like he could focus.

He remained on top of the roof for several hours at least; the boy was simply compelled to not move and meditate on his new life. He laughed inwardly when he remembered the previous section of his story, more specifically his elders at the monastery. Some of the older monks have been known to sit statue-like and meditate for literally days at a time, which was a practice Saemon initially scoffed at. How could someone sit still and do nothing for so long? Don't they get bored? Hungry? Require bathroom breaks? And yet, here he was doing the exact thing he laughed at a mere few years ago. He couldn't deny that it was certainly a relaxing practice. True reflection such as this does wonders in cleansing the soul, after all.

It was during this time Saemon became aware of things he doesn't normally take into consideration during everyday life. He was aware of his deep, slow breathing, controlling every intake and release of the warm air around him smoothly and deliberately. He could also feel the beating of his own heart. It reminded him of a large drum that was being pounded with slow but powerful blows, each strike meticulously calculated and rehearsed beyond perfection. Each pulse from life's instrument carried with it a torrent of blood that Saemon could feel flowing through his veins. It was a morbid way to word it all, but Saemon still felt it oddly soothing.

However, there was a new presence within him that he had not truly noticed before. Located somewhere between his sternum and belly button was something Saemon could only describe as a cold spot. Upon further inspection, it felt as if it were spreading out in weak waves and then dying out, administering a slight chill to his whole body. Was this his mana he was feeling? Saemon could logically guess so; ghosts were almost always depicted as ghastly, freezing creatures.

It was this coldness that snapped Saemon out of his calm meditative state. He opened his eyes and blinked rapidly, adjusting to the new light. The sun had lowered quite considerably since he had climbed the building. "It's probably time to get down..." he said to himself, taking one last look at the view. In the distance, he could spot what appeared to be a decently-sized lake. He'd have to pay a visit there once he had the time and energy required. Saemon stood up and walked to the other end of the roof. It was from his vantage point he found the training fields. It was much closer than the lake, and training is always a good thing to do if nothing else. Without a sound, Saemon descended from the administrative buildings and onto the training field.

From what he could see, there were targets and other dummies already set up for student use. Curiosity driving him, the young man strolled up to one of the more human-shaped ones. On its first impression, the dummy looked just like any other he'd find at the monastery. Saemon shrugged, then suddenly cocked his body like a gun. He bent his knees slightly then rapidly straightened them back out as he simultaneously raised his fist. In a fraction of a second, he fired a textbook uppercut into the chin of the dummy. The target's head snapped skyward as a sharp crack echoed across the field. It remained like that for a moment, then reverted to its original position. It continued giving Saemon the same indifferent stare all target dummies gave him, no matter how badly he mangled them.

"Not even a scratch," Saemon mused to himself, "These things must be made out of some solid stuff. I guess that means I can go as hard as I want and not worry about finding replacements... Good."

Roommate Issues
8PIVq7y.jpg

I continue moving at a jogging pace, ducking, shifting, and maneuvering through the crowds on the way to my dorm room. I was long overdue for a shower, so I'm looking forward to coming back. Plus, I was more than ready to see how Nowmi and Haruka were holding up. It is possible that they are still in the room, though it is equally likely that they rested up and are already off exploring. Knowing Haruka though, he'd probably value the alone time. Coming in through the door, I make my way through the door, but see a strange sight. There was another girl in the room? No wait, is that, Haruka!?! I can't help but be surprised, "Ummmm, Haruka, did you want to be alone?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

As soon as Haruka hear Laika come in and talk… He realized something was seriously wrong with what he was wearing. Slowly looking down at himself, he started to realize he was quite clearly wearing a dress. Quickly grabbing another spare outfit from the closet, he was starting to panick "O-oh! U-uh j-just g-give m-me a f-few minutes!" he said running into the bathroom for the time being to get changes… What rotten luck he was having today.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I blush, "If it means anything, I totally support your hobby, and you looked really cute." I wish I was lying, but I really had a hard time telling Haruka apart in that dress. Plus, Haruka has a girl's name, so it seemed to fit all too well.

dMpjjfP.jpg

It took Haruka a few minutes or so, but he finally exited the bathroom wearing the clothes he was usually seen with. He was holding onto the dress that looked deceptively like his own clothes, it was quite clear he was blushing. "I-I guess there was a mistake in packing…" Haruka said awkwardly, placing down the dress on his own bed. It wasn't very obvious, but he was blushing partly because of what Laika said earlier… The thing he had to wonder now is what he was supposed to do with that dress.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I feel a bit bad for Haruka, I knew that he was the type to enjoy alone time, but I'd never even have imagined he'd spend it like this. He is acting all ashamed now, trying to pass it off as a mistake, but it is a little hard for me to swallow that someone could accidentally pack and put on a dress, especially after all that fuss about not wanting to unpack while I was around. At the same time, I didn't want to shame him. In fact, I'd actually like to encourage him… However, there was one other big question that came to mind that would help divert the awkwardness. "Ummmm, Haruka, what happened to the room while I was gone? Are you really ok with it this way? And is that my bed in the corner?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka was glad to have the subject change when Laika mentioned the changes in their room… He looked around and noticed this as well; it all must have taken place in his sleep, but then, something caught his eye. "Over there.." He said quietly, pointing to a note that had been left behind along with a few expensive looking containers of sweets

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika picks up the note, and after reading it, looks a bit disappointed. "Haruka, this room is exceptionally girly. Are you ok with it being this way, especially considering our beds are basically connecting with them pushed in the corner like that?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka noticed that Laika was indeed correct, but he shouldn't mind too much… "Y-yeah… I just need to get used to it, that's all." He said with a little smile attempting to show that he was alright with it, There were worse rooms that he'd been in so it wasn't too bad for him even if he wasn't used to the general "theme" it had taken on.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika pouts, "To be honest, it probably would have been easier for me if you were upset by it. I'm kinda upset that she changed the room like this, and left to do other things because she thought it would upset us. It isn't that the changes are really so bad, but that she thought that she could make up for it with some expensive chocolate. Seeing my bed over to the side like that, makes me feel lesser, since Nowmi's bed is all by itself in the center of the room, surrounded by her belongings, and curtained off from the rest of us. I don't want to sleep here."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Considering Laika's feelings for a moment, Haruka didn't say anything for a moment before speaking. "I-I guess we could try re-arranging the room a little more…" He said quietly, he wasn't sure if it was such a good idea, but, it was worth a shot. He could adjust himself to a room like this, however if it make a roommate unhappy, it's a different story… Truth to be told though, he wasn't sure Noémi would like this, however there should be a way to balance this out somehow… Right?

75kQeva.jpg

At that time, the door swung open, Noémi walking into the room. She only glances briefly at the two before throwing a large bag on her bed. "I see you are up, and the other person is here. Did you enjoy your walk or whatever it was that you were doing?" Noémi sits at the edge of her bed, removing her shoes before sitting back a bit, looking at both of the two. "I hope you don't mind I moved some things around, I simply could not sleep unless the room was the way I like it. Can you believe that the office did not have replacement carpets for myself? The nerve of this school".

8PIVq7y.jpg

I pause for a moment, wanting to explode on this princess out of water, but remembering that it wouldn't help anyone to needlessly fight. Calm down Laika, you just need to get the basic points across, don't lose the high ground and get emotional. "I see. But did you think about either me or Haruka's thoughts on your redecoration, or was the bag you left a substitute for talking with us about the redecoration of our dorm?"

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi simply looked curiously at Laika. "Well, even if you had said no, I'd have changed it anyway, after all don't you feel that your roommate being comfortable in their room is important?" She got up, stretching her arms out and giving a small yawn. "Also, did you find anything to do on this campus? I'm dreadfully bored, and need something to entertain myself, if there are not going to be any classes for the remainder of the day".

8PIVq7y.jpg

I feel genuinely upset with Nowmi now. I knew there was a chance that she could have heard me from the other side of the door, but now that I knew she heard my thoughts and still was behaving in such a way, I felt completely uncomfortable continuing conversation with her. "If you heard that much, you should know very well how this made me feel. You can have the room however you want, but don't expect me to stay if you are going to treat me like I don't matter." Laika pauses, realizing that she did the one thing that she didn't want to do in this argument. "I'm sorry, but I'm not comfortable sleeping like this, and I don't feel like you even think it is up for negotiation since you just do what you want and expect us to go along with it. I'm glad that you feel at home, but I keep moving over to accommodate you, and it just leaves me feeling awful. I thought that if I were just a little more selfish then it would turn out ok… I just want you to hear me out, and actually talk about this. I don't want to feel irrelevant…"

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi looked at Laika a bit curiously, her face one of confusion, before shaking her head with a look of disgust. "Ugh. This is why I have trouble dealing with the lower class. So many emotions that you just let out everywhere, how do you people get anything done this way?" She gets up, marching over to Laika, and stares at her right in her eyes. "Listen little….. er, Laika. The world is going to do things to you that you don't like, and while you might wish everything was all sunshines and rainbows, and that everyone cares about everyone else, the truth is hardly anyone cares about your silly little feelings. If there's something that you don't like, then you can't cry your way out of it, you need to be a big girl and deal with it yourself. I did not cry when my family was ruined, I did not cry when I had to come to this low budget school, and I certainly did not cry when I had all of my requests denied and had to room with you silly people. If you're going to be upset now with something like this happening, you will never succeed." Noémi looked over at Haruka particularly for the next comment. "That does not mean you have to be a little pushover like him. If there is something that you do not like, and you want it to be different, then be a big girl and change it yourself. Be strong, stand up for what you desire." She crosses her arms and adopts a more haughty tone. "It is so simple, yet none of you people ever seem to do it. If you do not like the world, change it to one you can stand. If you do not like me changing your room, then do not cry about it, do something to fix it. I will not bother to hear the opinions and ideas of someone who lets the world walk all over them, and if you continue to act like this, I will more than gladly keep walking all over both of you for our entire stay at this school". She lets out a sigh, before finishing. "If you don't want to be irrelevant, make yourselves relevant. If you don't like my redecoration, then I am right here, and we can figure out a solution."

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika looks a bit sour, but thinks she understands what needs to be said. "Maybe I wasn't direct enough for you, but I will make this very clear. I don't like you doing things that affect me without asking me first and I don't want to feel lesser and pushed off to the corner in my own room. The way you handled this made me feel like you didn't care for my feelings at all, and that was something that hurt because I wanted to get along well with you and Haruka, yet you act like it doesn't matter at all, and walk all over us whenever we extend a kindness. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way, but I don't think that I can operate like you. I don't want to change the world just to make it suit my purpose. I don't want to walk over people who don't stand up for themselves. I don't resent coming here. Even if you don't want to consider my feelings, I can't help but consider yours, and that isn't something I know how or want to change about myself. But, since you probably think this is just me being weak and emotional, let me try it your way." Laika blushes bright red, "If you want to keep the room this way, let me sleep next to you…"

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi shrugs. "If that's what you want. But that is the path of success my family has taken. If you want something and you're too afraid to take it, you won't get it. Besides…" Noémi points to the inside of the room, with the beds all moved to the walls, there's a lot of free space in the room. "I simply moved your beds out of the way, if you wish to move them somewhere else, there is plenty of space, even if for some strange reason you wish to move your bed next to mine." She doesn't understand any implications with Laika's request, and keeps talking. "You might not want to change the world yourself Laika, but the world isn't going to ever do what you want it to do. So if you want things to ever go your way, maybe you should think about starting." Noémi stretches her arms out, getting a look of boredom on her face. "All this lecturing is so boring, why do I have to be a teacher? I still am curious if you found anything to do in this blasted school, by the way".

8PIVq7y.jpg

I seem in far better spirits after Nowmi grants me what I ask for. Maybe this could be easier than I thought it was. Certainly she does things completely differently from me, but that is probably a good thing. After all, while I felt hurt, she didn't have any regrets at all, and everything still worked out in the end. Probably because despite the way she acts, Nowmi has a sweet side. Though, it wouldn't hurt to have some fun. After all, Haruka's needs haven't been addressed yet, I still need a shower, and that chocolate seems really good even if it was pity candy. "Well actually, I found the coolest part of the school in record time. I'll tell you all about it after I'm done showering. I nearly forgot how sweaty and gross I was from running around the lake. In the mean time, I'm sure Haruka has some opinions about the room, why don't you two talk while I clean up." I pick out some sleepwear quickly, and go into the bathroom. In my haste, the door doesn't lock properly, remaining slightly ajar. I notice this, but figure nobody would come in unless it was important.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka just stood there a little awkwardly for the time being, not entirely sure what to say… To tell the truth, he'd never really thought about how the room should be organized; he didn't exactly have much of an opinion on it. He was alright with how the room was set up, just as long as it didn't bother anyone too much. "I guess I don't have a problem with the arrangement…" He said quietly. What Noémi had said about him bugged him a little, sure, but, it wasn't uncommon for someone to say that; even in other places such as this, people had a tendency to refer to him as a "pushover" sometimes.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi looks at Haruka a bit awkwardly, being in the room alone with him. "Well whatever. Honestly I can't see why they even put a male to room with females, but you're here, so I suppose I'll just have to put up with you. Now then, I'm getting hungry. When is dinner supposed to be in this place?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka shrugged "Usually around… 5 or 6 in previous places…" he said, he realized in general they were both feeling a big awkward judging from the look Noémi had given him. "I-I may be wrong…" He added, just incase he was giving off any false impressions already, he hadn't exactly been given a schedule or anything yet…

75kQeva.jpg

She sighs and flops back on her bed. "Then I guess I'm stuck waiting in this room with both of you annoying people until dinner time. Unless you can do something to entertain me, otherwise I will simply lay here"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka just nodded quietly, sitting down on his own bed… Upon doing so he remembered that dress that he had inadvertently packed with him mistaking it for one of his own robes. Thinking fast, he quickly hid it under his blankets to avoid Noémi noticing it too… It was already awkward enough to know that Laika thought he had a hobby that involved crossdressing.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I finish up my shower, drying off, and getting into comfty clothes. It is nothing special, just a pink tank top with matching sleep shorts. Coming out of the bathroom, I'm brushing my hair, now outside of its usual ponytail state. "So, did you two have fun together?" I look out seeing both Nowmi and Haruka ignoring each other on separate beds. Awkwardly, "Scratch that. Want to hear about the cool place I'd mentioned earlier?" As I'm talking, I grab ahold of the bag of chocolates, and start snacking on them.

75kQeva.jpg

"Go ahead, it can't be any more boring than this room could be" Noémi doesn't even bother looking up as she speaks.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka looked up at Laika, clearly curious about what she has to say, however he doesn't say anything just yet.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I sit down next to Nowmi on our now shared bed, "Well, there is this place at the school called the Venture department. At first I just went there thinking that it was where I needed to go to get permission to leave campus, but turns out they have a lot more than that. If you get a little mark there, you are allowed to go anywhere you want, even the wilderness. It is safe too, since they can just teleport you back to the school if there is ever any trouble. We are allowed to go anywhere we want, so we can basically go on adventures whenever we don't have class."

75kQeva.jpg

"I see, I suppose that would be better than being stuck in this room waiting for something to do. Although, I have to ask, why exactly are you on my bed? I didn't say you could sit next to me" Noémi glares at Laika all through her explanation and after, scooting a bit away from her.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka looked towards Laika for a moment, realizing that perhaps her request had been misinterpreted… Thinking fast, he looked towards Laika, not directly making eye contact though "Oh! Uh… If you'd like, we could move your bed right now…" he said quietly, he hoped that he'd gotten the point across.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Although I'm not usually so sharp-witted as to catch subtle hints, this one comes to me loud and clear as I declare an audible, "Oh. So that is what you meant. I guess I should have known it wouldn't be this easy…" Looking back towards Nowmi somewhat ashamed, "I thought you had agreed to let me sleep, next to you, as in, in your bed."

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi wasted no time in turning red, jumping up from the bed. "Wait, wait, what? That's what you meant?" She gets a bit flustered. "W-well, I thought you just wanted to move your bed near mine. I mean, I already said I was fine with it, if that's what you meant, I guess I…" Noémi isn't used to being so flustered around other people, normally trying to keep calm and collected, so she stumbles for words a bit, before trying to get her composure back. "I'm er…. sorry I misinterpreted your request. If you want to sleep next to me, as in the same bed, I guess I will accept that… I do not mind, so much as I have no idea why you'd want to do something like that, but I won't say no after already saying yes." She sits back down next to Laika, a bit more nervously. "I do not mind, really. Umm, what was this about a venture department?"

8PIVq7y.jpg

Although Nowmi wanted to change the subject, I still didn't know how to feel about taking advantage of her like this. It wasn't intentional, but I did mislead her, so I don't think it would be fair to hold her to this. Sometime later, I should give her a chance to back out of this. "Basically, it will give us something to do after school. Right now, I was just planning on visiting the neighboring town, but we could go on a real adventure." I sit back down on Nowmi's bed, this time further away from her, trying not to upset her too much.

75kQeva.jpg

"Fine with me" Noémi notices Laika sitting farther away from her but doesn't comment on it. "Will we be done in time for dinner though?" She asks Laika curiously, really wanting to just go and eat something already.

8PIVq7y.jpg

"Depends on how soon you like to eat. I'm accustomed to eating anytime from 7 to 8:30. I know that is on the late end though. I think it might be a bit late to end into town, but if you just wanted to see it, or get your marks before the place gets busy, then we have plenty of time for that. Though, it is only about 4:50, are you guys hungry already?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka just shrugged again "I can go without eating… For another hour but…" he stopped for a moment "I have no problem with eating sooner." he said quietly. he was uncertain what Laika and Noémi wanted to do first. He himself really didn't mind either, both were equally viable options in his eyes.

75kQeva.jpg

"I'm hungry already, but I had a small lunch." Noémi could feel her stomach growling. "Although if the food selection is as limited as it was this afternoon, I'm afraid I'm going to be experiencing the feeling of hunger for quite some time".

8PIVq7y.jpg

I come up with an idea, "Well, if what you want is better food, why don't we go out to eat on the town? They certainly have a lot of selection, so you could probably find something that suits your taste. I'll probably have to get changed, unless I'm to get away with going out in my pjs." I smile, seriously considering doing just that.

dMpjjfP.jpg

The idea interested Haruka and he nodded again if they were to stay here for a while, it would be for the best to get to know the area they're in. However, the fact that Laika was smiling a little at the mention of getting away with going out in her Pajamas concerned him, he didn't say anything just yet though.

75kQeva.jpg

"I suppose that's fair. Although if we are to eat out we will do so at an establishment that suits me, I'm afraid your pajamas would not work for such a place." Noémi herself gets up and stretches her arms a bit. "If we are to do that then I'm going to go prepare, including a shower and a change of clothes, so please allow me to do that first." Noémi takes a spare change of clothes and a towel to the bathroom, shutting the door but not locking it, leaving Laika and Haruka in the room together.

8PIVq7y.jpg

"So, this might be a bit soon but I'm just too curious. Why did you put on a dress if you didn't want to?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka flushed red, looking a little embarassed "O-oh uh… Th-this will sound silly but… I thought it was one of my robes…" He said awkwardly, he wasn't sure if he should go into any more detail than that so he said stayed silent for now.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I feel rather bad for Haruka. He must have a serious case of derp when he wakes up if he could find his way into a dress, even if it looked somewhat like the rest of his clothes. "Well, that must have been quite the thing to be in when I came in. The timing must have been pretty perfect." Laika laughs a bit, "Pretty rotten luck. But, I just want you to know that I'll still believe you, even though everything suggests otherwise. I'll keep it between us." Laika lays down on her new bed, "You know, this chocolate is your's too. You can have some if you want."

dMpjjfP.jpg

"I guess so.. Heh." Haruka said, laughing a little nervously and rubbing the back of his neck. Despite this though, he seemed to have calmed down a little, not to mention for once, he was starting to get used to the company of his new roommates. He looked towards the chocolates that Laika was motioning to, remembering that Noémi had left them behind and nodded a little. It was never something he'd admit, but he may have a sweet tooth. Deciding to take one and eating it, he realized just how good it was… He'd have to thank Noémi later for them, though at the same time, he didn't want to eat too much right now.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I smile slyly, "So, what is it like rooming with two girls?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Again Haruka felt himself blushing a bit "It's… New but… I don't mind it too much." he said, his voice remained quiet like it usually did.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I giggle, "Oh come on, give me at least a little something to go on. Do you like it? Does it make you nervous? And what about having Nowmi in the shower right now? I want to hear what you are thinking." I'm getting a little too excited about this, but silently agree that I won't press him any more than this.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka blushed more profusely when Laika asked what he was thought about Noémi in the shower... However he shook his head a little, attempting to clear his mind and answer the rest of her questions. "Er… Well… I can't say I'm not nervous but… It's an improvement from previous cases…" He explained, he seemed to have dodged around her last question a little bit as he was never comfortable about talking about the opposite gender in those types of situations.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I turn over on my belly, enjoying the soft feeling of the covers. "I'm really glad to be here. I don't know about you, but staying here is a huge step up from my lot in life before."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Hearing this, Haruka blinked for a moment, what Laika said seemed like something he would say in this situation. "Same for me… The environment here's less… Hostile." He said quietly, perhaps he had spoken a little too much.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Empathetically, "Hostile huh? I guess it was the same for me, but also a few other things. It is nice here. I know Nowmi doesn't like it, but the food is free and tasty, we have all sorts of free time to explore, and we get to learn about magic every day. Even with all the changes, I only find myself feeling more comfortable here. I just know that I have a really good year ahead of me."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka smiled a little himself and nodded, sharing Laika's enthusiasm about this place, it seemed like a really good place to be. Thankfully there wasn't too much of a catch or anything to worry about yet .

75kQeva.jpg

After a little while, Noémi exits the bathroom, wearing a white dress a little more elaborate than the one she had on at the beginning of the day. She closes the door behind her, still drying her hair with a towel as she sits down. "Go ahead and change Laika if you're going to do so, I would like to get going as soon as possible. I hate waiting around pointlessly"

8PIVq7y.jpg

Still laying across the bed, I turn my head to look at Nowmi, looking pretty as ever. I can get away with a little bit of staring if I act like I'm comfortable right? I try for it anyway, then pull myself up. "I don't have anything as nice as your dress, but should I try to dress up with what I brought?"

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi simply shrugs at Laika. "This is hardly nice, in fact, I feel as if I'm underdressing. Ah well, unless this town has a more exquisite location than I assume they have, this is more than enough for any establishments we might attend. So simply dress yourself as you please, so long as you can look presentable in it". She doesn't even bother looking over at Haruka, assuming (correctly) that he doesn't have much more to offer in terms of outfits.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I move anxiously to my section of the closet, and pull out my favorite dress. Nowmi is probably going to hate it, but I'm really quite proud of it. I pull out the dress, and place it up in front of me as to give a clue as to how it will look on me, "Would this be nice enough?"
(just the dress)
large.jpg

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi looks Laika up and down for a few seconds, not saying anything, keeping a neutral expression on her face. After a little bit she nods. "I think it suits you. I don't think I'd ever look good in such a simple dress, but I'm more than comfortable with my own. Feel free to get dressed."

8PIVq7y.jpg

I shake my head instinctively, "Actually, I think that you'd look good in most anything. Right now, you have a very regal vibe, and it matches your personality, but you would look great in something more modest. I know that you probably feel like you are washed out in those kinds of dresses, but it can also make you seem a lot more approachable." I go through the bathroom door, starting to change into my dress.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka was amazed at how good the two seemed to look after they changed, perhaps it was time to get a different outfit for himself for once. He'd probably go buy something when they were out, however he still just sat there feeling a little awkward again for the time being. It shouldn't be long before they went out to explore for a while though.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi blushes a bit at the compliment, but shakes her head as Laika leaves. She sits back down on the bed, putting her shoes on as Laika changes, trying to imagine herself in a much more modest and simple dress, but while she tries, she just can't picture herself in one, and gives up on imagining it.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I come out of the bathroom, a bit embarrassed that I can't tell if the seal that was placed on me was visible or not (it was). It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it was showing, but it is also something that I'd like to know before heading out. Turning around in my dress, I show my back to Nowmi and Haruka. "Nowmi, can you tell that I got my seal on my back?"

75kQeva.jpg

She looks over at Laika and nods. "Yup, it's there, but it's not too noticeable. At least, I'm sure nobody will particularly mind it, after all I certainly don't care."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka looked at it for a moment before speaking "It's noticeable but… I don't think it stands out too much." he commented, sure the mark stuck out a little, but it wasn't too big so it shouldn't be a major issue out in the public.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I smile, then make a realization, "So, this is a little awkward. I have this nice dress, but I've never worn dress shoes a day in my life. It would be pretty awkward to wear this with my tennis shoes or sandals. I have one other thing I could do, but it is a little strange."

75kQeva.jpg

"Well, I have spare dress shoes, though I don't know your shoe size or if they would fit. But what was your idea?" Noémi asks.

8PIVq7y.jpg

"Well, it is a little trick performers use when they have to do a scene barefooted. It wouldn't be safe or clean to have them just use their bare feet, so there is this special spray that leaves a small layer between your feet and the ground that absorbs impact, and retains the natural appearance of your skin. It is a pretty cool, if not odd, little invention."

75kQeva.jpg

"Hmm, but then you'd still be going out with bare feet. Just wear dress shoes, here" Noémi looks in her (large) portion of the closet, opening a drawer, and from a large selection of shoes pulls out a red pair for Laika. "I'm sure these are about your size".

8PIVq7y.jpg

I blush a bit, "This is my first time wearing nice shoes. You didn't have to do this, so thank you Nowmi." I give Nowmi a short hug before I start putting on the shoes. It is a strange feeling, but not a bad one at all. Hopping up with a bound, "Well, lets go see about getting seals for you two so that we can go enjoy ourselves."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka nodded, he looked intrigued at the concept of these seals, he'd never seen them used before but… This did grant them more freedom than he normally had at any other campus he'd been to. Strangely enough, he was a little excited to head out and explore what was outside this campus, perhaps it was just his natural sense of curiosity, or maybe he was enjoying the more friendly company he was having. At any rate, he seemed to be a little cheerier than he usually was despite still being as awkward as ever.

75kQeva.jpg

She finds the hug strange, but Noémi simply accepts it. Ready to head out, she leaves the dorm with the other two, letting Laika take the lead to show them where they need to go.

8PIVq7y.jpg

After going through the school courtyard, I take Nowmi and Haruka to the administrative building, and then to the venture department. The secretary smiles as he sees us pass, so I give a friendly wave to him. I hold the door open for both Nowmi and Haruka; anxious to see their reactions.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka looked around, the area looked intriguing already, even if it wasn't fully set up yet since it was the beginning of the school year. He was a little uncertain how the seals would be applied, but with any luck, it shouldn't be that much of a difficult process.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi follows the two inside, seemingly not interested in the strange change of scenery. Other than a look around, she turns right to Laika. "So how exactly does this thing work? I think I've heard of magic like this, but I've never been particularly interested in it before now".

8PIVq7y.jpg

"It is really simple. Just walk up to the lady behind the glass, and she'll give you a seal that will let you leave school grounds."

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi walks up first to the lady behind the counter, after some exchanges over how the system works she pulls up her sleeve and offers her arm. The mark is placed on the inside of her elbow, and she lowers her sleeve. "Alright, that's taken care of, what do we do next?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka approaches the lady behind the counter, seeming a little awkward about it. "C-Can I get a seal please..?" He asked quietly, as if a little uncertain about what he was saying. Conversations with him were always like this at first after all.

"Of course, I'm just happy to see so many go-getter students who came to ask. Just tell me where you want it, and I'll apply it."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka nods, lifting up his left sleeve "H-Here." He said, pointing to the relative center of his shoulder… The process was a little awkward, but it didn't take long to have it done, he lowered his sleeve again and waved goodbye before walking back over to where Laika and Noémi was.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I smile brightly, "Let go to town!" Skipping off slightly ahead of the group, I see quite happy to be going out for the first time.

75kQeva.jpg

Taking a moment to follow Laika, Noémi speaks up. "So how exactly does this work? I haven't been paying attention, we just poof and we're in town?"

8PIVq7y.jpg

"Thats simple. We are going to walk. We do have the ability to place a mark to teleport there instantly from the school and we can always ask to be recalled back to the school, but otherwise the only transportation we can get is what we have readily available. Unless you happen to have a personal driver, it looks like we are walking. The town is pretty close by, but it will still be a bit of a walk."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka nodded, it was pretty logical; he doubted it would be much of an adventure if they could just teleport to a destination they desire… Well, if they hadn't visited that place already that is. He didn't mind walking too much since the town was pretty close by, but he hoped it wouldn't take too long, he really was curious what was in store for them there.

75kQeva.jpg

"Walking? Why can't we do something less tedious". Noémi audibly groans, but begins to walk out with the other two. "I suppose there's not much more we can do about it then, but I wish this didn't have to be so tiresome". Though her words expressed that she didn't want to walk, Noémi did actually find it nice being out and about, being stuck in the dorm room for so long was pretty exhausting to her, and she found herself already homesick, missing the comforts that a rich and pampered life had given her, such as people who would drive her to places without her having to get her shoes all dirty…. Those thoughts were running through her head as they walked.

8PIVq7y.jpg

"Well, when we learn how to use our mana, that would be an easy way to make our travel less manual, and a lot more fun. Though I'm also a little worried that once we start getting accustomed to moving around that way, walking will seem like a chore by comparison, and it will end up making us even more tired out. Though getting our nice shoes dirty is turning out to be no fun."

dMpjjfP.jpg

"W-we could use it sparingly…" Haruka suggested, seeming to have suddenly jumped into the conversation due to his long streak of silence. It was perhaps the first time he's contributed to much in the group, perhaps he was beginning to get accustomed to this after all. He couldn't argue with the fact that they shouldn't get accustomed too much to traveling with Mana, though it would be handy in times such as this.

75kQeva.jpg

"Well, I think that walking is tiresome no matter what, magic or no magic." Still, she didn't think she'd give up walking altogether, but doing it in a nice outfit was just going too far. For now, she focused on the walk ahead, walking a bit behind Laika as they approached the gates to the school.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I continue the trek towards the town. It is a simple paved road with greenery surrounding, but it made for a pretty relaxing mood. This particular road was fairly decorational, as not a terrible number of people actually use land vehicles here, so it is more made for the rare exception and students. I know that Nowmi has been complaining about the walk and I'm doing my best to keep it enjoyable for the others, but as for myself, I've enjoyed the walk very much. Haruka was more or less third wheeling, but Nowmi looked absolutely regal in her dress. With it starting to get dark, I was growing excited to see how her dress would look in the moonlight.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka decided to hang back a little, looking at the sun as it was starting to set. The colors that radiated from it around this time had always interested him quite a lot. He seemed to have zoned out eventually, lost in thought but still walking with Noémi and Laika nonetheless, though perhaps he had fallen behind a little.

75kQeva.jpg

Eventually the three get to the town, though the sun is setting, there is enough light to see where buildings are. "So, where exactly are we to go? I do not know my way around this town, nor where we would find a sufficiently pleasant restaurant".

8PIVq7y.jpg

I smile brightly, "Well, I don't either. It is a town we've never been to after all. That is part of the adventure right?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

"W-we could ask around… Or just look for a map." Haruka offered, turning his attention back to what was going on with the group. He rushed a little to catch up to them realizing how far he'd fallen behind by now.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi places her hands on her hips, looking grumpily at the other two. "You mean to say you do not know where we are going? I do not recall coming here to wander around the town like a lost puppy until it is late. You will find out where we are going and soon, understand?" She pouts a bit, looking very upset with the prospect of wandering around town.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I look up towards Nowmi, trying to think of what to say. "Well, I never really promised I knew exactly where I was going, but towns are all structured generally the same. If we go towards the center, we are sure to find the nicer places. I'll leave it to you which one looks best."

75kQeva.jpg

"Fine, but you're still leading the way" Noémi continues to reluctantly follow Laika into the town, her legs aching from all the walking already. "Just tell me when we get somewhere that has actual restaurants, please".

8PIVq7y.jpg

I suddenly come up with an idea, "Nowmi, would you like to get to a restaurant quickly without having to walk?"

75kQeva.jpg

"What are you talking about?" Noémi stares at Laika, curiously. "If you're talking about magic, the whole reason we're walking is because there isn't any magic to get us somewhere".

8PIVq7y.jpg

I smile slyly, "But I could always give you a ride."

75kQeva.jpg

"A ride? Do you have a vehicle of some sort? And if so, why haven't we used it from the start?"

8PIVq7y.jpg

"Well, sort of. I was just meaning that I could give you a piggyback ride."

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi stares at Laika for a few seconds, a dumbfounded look on her face, then continues walking forward. "I'm going to pretend for both our sakes that you did not make that comment. Now, where can we find directions to this town?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka points towards a map of the town not too far from them "Th-there." he said… He started to look it over himself, wondering where the best restaurant would be. Perhaps some landmarks and places of interest would be other good things to take note of.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi looks at the map, recognizing the name of a fairly popular (and high class) restaurant, and once they know where they're going, they set off in that direction.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Once again, Haruka found himself glancing at the setting sun every now and then as they were walking… It only made sense that he had a strange fascination at times due to his mana nature, yet he could still not fully comprehend it himself. Diverting his attention towards looking for the restaurant Noémi had pointed out earlier, he realized he probably looked strange staring at the sun like that.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I look up curiously towards Nowmi, "So, what made you decide on that place?"

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi smirked at Laika, beckoning. "Come inside and find out." As the three walked in, they could see the expansive restaurant interior, well dressed waiters and waitresses walked along as many elegantly dressed people sat at tables, eating very refined (and very expensive looking) dishes. As they entered, one well dressed waiter walked up to them. "Three of us" Noémi said, straight to the point. The waiter replied, shaking his head. "Ah, I'm afraid we do not have any tables open that are not under reservation…" Noémi cut him off there, reaching into her dress and pulling out a small golden card, showing it to him. The waiter looked at it, then nodded. "Nevermind, we do have a table open. Please follow me". He walked off to a table, motioning for them to follow.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka followed the waited quietly, keeping a bit further back than the other two. He was looking around the place half in nervousness half in curiosity; he's never seen the inside of a restaurant this fancy… Ever. The entire environment felt almost foreign, yet intriguing to him, this must be what it was like all the time when you had a lot of money...

8PIVq7y.jpg

Although I felt adequately dressed for the part, I had yet to feel a real sense of belonging here. Everyone around me seems so refined, and I am probably going to start with the wrong fork or something stupid like that. Plus, Nowmi's princess powers are formidable, gaining entry just on the basis of her being who she is. I always thought that once I become a performer, I'd be able to do that one day, but seeing it happen in person was something else. Increasingly, I was realizing that I probably can't afford to eat here without blowing all of the money I had planned to use for clothes, snacks, supplies, and other things. I'm nervous, but I don't really have any way of dealing with it, so I simply follow, hoping that the feeling fades away.

75kQeva.jpg

The waiter pulls the chairs at the table out, and as they sit down, Noémi immediately waves him away, opening the menu. "Do not worry about the prices, simply pick what you wish to eat. I apologize that this place is not as fancy as it could be, but a town like this would simply not have the kinds of places I am used to." The menu is full of extravagant dishes, and everything is incredibly expensive. After a minute, the waiter returns with water for the three, before disappearing again.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka looked more than a little surprised at what was presented to him on the menu… But without a word, he looked it up and down a couple of times before picking a few items that looked to be the least expensive. They did at the same time still manage to sound appetizing though. It felt really strange taking part of what was commonly known as the "Princess treatment", he really was baffled at what was the correct order of conduct when it came to eating itself here.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Although there are many expensive items on the menu, I honestly have grown accustomed to eating more or less the same things. The orphanage and high school I went to didn't really care to provide a variety so much as nutritional balance. I know that in these types of places it is customary to have appetizers served before the food so that it cooks while you munch on something, but I don't even know where to begin. Maybe I'll just order what Nowmi does, though I keep scanning the menu to find a fall-back plan incase she wants something gross like snails or dragonwart.

75kQeva.jpg

The waiter comes back to get their drinks and appetizer orders, Noémi speaks up first. "Salad, breadstick bowl, Rossini, virgin of course. And bring me a plate of those little cheese stick things, I had them once at a very low class place once yet I found them simply to die for". The waiter quickly writes down the order then turns to the other two.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I hear at least something that I wouldn't mind munching on, shyly, "I'd like the Salad, nothing else."

dMpjjfP.jpg

"I-I'll go with…Soup?" Haruka said, looking down at his menu again,he wasn't up for too big of an appetizer as he didn't eat too much to begin with. "Th-that's all." He added, just incase it sounded like he was going to order more…

75kQeva.jpg

The waiter looks at Haruka a bit, but writes something down and heads off. After a very short while he returns, bringing Laika and Noémi a very decadent looking salad, Haruka a very large bowl of some brown soup full of vegetables, and a giant bowl of breadsticks and cheese sticks placed in the center of the table. He also places a wine glass filled with some pink liquid in front of Noémi along with a slice of strawberry, then disappears again. Noémi picks up her menu again to decide on what to get for her main course, staying silent.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Although I normally don't find myself even a little bit self conscious, something about this meal and the expectations with it were getting to me. I really don't want to embarrass Nowmi after she got us in for free, and I'm uncomfortably aware that I have no manners. Withdrawing into the menu, I continue to watch Nowmi for hints as to how I'm supposed to behave. Although I'm trying to conceal it, a practiced eye would definitely see that I was stressed.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka looked surprised at the large portion he just got… No wonder the waiter looked at him weird, when he ordered soup. Looking around for a moment hoping others weren't giving him weird looks too, he quietly took the spoon laying beside him and began eating slowly. It seemed he might be full before the actual food arrived, unless he was willing to eat more than he usually did that is… Looking over to see how Laika was doing, she looked normal at first, but carefully looking closer for a moment, she did seem a bit stressed out. If she was, unfortunately he could relate; he wasn't sure what other mistake he might make here.

75kQeva.jpg

The waiter was quick to return, intending to take their orders as soon as possible so they could get to fully enjoying the appetizers. Noémi closed her menu with a snap and handed it to the waiter. "Fettucine in garlic alfredo, I won't bother with the meat." She looked at the other two, curious as to what they would get.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Continuously scanning the menu, I see just a void of absurd names lacking description and otherwise foods that I simply would not enjoy. Fortunately, although it wasn't a listed menu item, each recipe comes with a list of major ingredients and the means by which they are prepared. I have no idea if this will appear low class or not, but it is far better than not being able to eat whatever I order. Still uncharacteristically shy, "I'd like Fettuccine with meat sauce…" Thinking silently to myself, "I never want to eat out again."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka hadn't eaten much of his soup as he was afraid he'd be too full to eat any of the main course… "M-mashed potatoes…" He said quietly, looking at the menu it seemed like the portion should be smaller with any luck. If not, he'd have to eat it. Otherwise it would feel quite wasteful to him. All he knew was that he'd be coming home a little fuller than he'd expected at first when they had talked about going out to eat.

75kQeva.jpg

After giving Haruka an even longer, odder stare, the waiter collected their menus and left. Now alone at the table, and after Noémi herself stared at Haruka a bit, she shrugged and began to slowly eat her salad, not intending on starting any conversation herself.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I feel extremely bad for Haruka, as he was making all of the mistakes I was hoping to avoid. I was already starting to recognize that I would have to eat very carefully since I was wearing a white dress. All I can really do to help Haruka out is start up a conversation, but I'm completely locked up at the moment. I have to study what Nowmi is doing so carefully as to not appear to be studying her but still understand what is expected of me by using her as a model. Mimicking her style of eating, I begin to have the salad. All of my thoughts are concerned with the movements I'm making. I can and will fake class if it means getting through this meal without making a mistake.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka felt like he wanted to hide under the table, but instead, he just continued eating his soup little by little trying not to think about all the mistakes he made. It was obvious he wasn't very good with social interaction in the first place, much less in an environment he's never been in before. He was starting to panic a bit trying to figure out what exactly he did wrong as he ate, his eyes darting around every now and then feeling as if he was being watched.

75kQeva.jpg

As they sat in silence, snacking on the appetizers, Noémi thought it was oddly quiet with her roommates. She decided to be the first to speak up, curious. "Usually you two are much more talkative than this, is something the matter?"

8PIVq7y.jpg

Deciding to be honest, "It is my first time eating at a place this nice, so I've been really nervous. To be honest, I've been waiting for you to make the first move just so I'd know I was doing the right thing."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka stayed quiet, but he seemed to agree, well at least partially… In general he was like this whenever he was panicking. Oh how he wished he was better in terms of interacting with people in new places like this…

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi shook her head at both of them. "It isn't something you should worry about. Nobody will care about your mannerisms as long as I am here. I fully intended for you to come here and enjoy some decent food, if you cannot do that because you are too nervous, then I have done a terrible job at bringing you both here." She shrugs and eats a breadstick, leaning back in her chair a bit.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika blushes, "Well, while I'm being honest, it was also in part, because I wanted to impress you. I've probably blown that now though." Laika giggles a bit, "But, it is good to know that I can relax now. Plus, now I can finally just say it. That waiter has no idea what to do with you Haruka. He makes the most priceless reactions when you order."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka felt himself blush "Y-Yeah… I guess I'm just not used to this…" he said quietly, he managed to smile a little though, relaxing a bit. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad, he'd just have to be real careful with ordering anything else. He was starting to feel a bit full though so perhaps ordering more food wouldn't be the best for him.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi looks a little confused. "I do not know why you'd want to impress me, I was not expecting you to know proper mannerisms from the start. Simply enjoy the food you've ordered, and relax. I for one am planning on filling myself up while I'm here, I am not looking forward to dealing with that horrendous cafeteria garbage again when we go back". She shrugs and eats a cheese stick.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Even on an honest streak, there is no way I could tell Nowmi that I wanted to impress her because I thought she was extremely pretty, and found myself attracted to her. I know that I really should tell her, but now didn't feel like a great time. Though, if I'm going to, I'd really like to be wearing this dress. Maybe, sometime… "Well, you don't have to. In fact, someone like you could probably afford to eat out whenever you want. I'll be leaving my mark in the town square, so if you do the same, you wouldn't even have to walk like we did today. You could just teleport right here."

dMpjjfP.jpg

It seems Haruka was starting to calm down a little and had finished a good portion of his soup while he was at it. He was still not talking much thought as per usual, it would take a while before he started talking openly all the time. There were alot of new things he was introduced to when he had arrived at this Academy, but so far, this experience has got to top them all.

75kQeva.jpg

Eventually, after a much longer while, their food arrived. The food was delivered on ornate plates, the portions were much smaller than the appetizers but the smell was amazing, the pasta cooked to perfection, the sauce was rich but not overpowering. The mashed potatoes were just…. mashed potatoes, but they were definitely still of a higher quality than most would be. Noémi wasted no time in digging into hers, eating fast and enjoying the taste, yet still acting refined while doing so.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I'm extremely satisfied to get my food, and take right to my pasta. Since this is my favorite dress, I still feel the need to eat carefully, but I'm far more social now that the pressure to eat in a refined manner is off of me. "So, what did you think about basics class today?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

The smell of food instantly made Haruka want to eat again despite being rather full. Thankfully, the portions were smaller this time; he'd have to leave some of his soup behind unfortunately. He began to eat a little faster than he was before seeming a bit more relaxed, yet still cautious about it now.

75kQeva.jpg

"Boring, trite, and unnecessary" Noémi said immediately, before eating another forkful.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I smile at Nowmi's expected bluntness. I think it is starting to grow on me. "Well, I can definitely see how you could say that. We didn't learn any actual magic, and it ended up being more of an introduction day than anything else, but at least it got things started. I learned more about my mana, and how I'll be able to use it effectively, so I ended up satisfied. What about you Haruka?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka looked up, for a moment, thankfully he had just about finished eating when Laika asked him and spoke. "I-It wasn't a bad start…" He said, not sure how much he had to say about it, truth to be told, they could have done more, but, that might just be him wanting to get through things faster. It would be preferable to resolve the problems between the two "classes" some have set for each other sooner rather than later.

75kQeva.jpg

"I just feel it pointless to go to a school about magic and not learn about magic. I hope that there are actual classes tomorrow, and not just more pointless classes like today." Noémi finishes her dish rather quickly, and spends the rest of the time eating breadsticks and cheese sticks, putting quite a dent in both bowls.

8PIVq7y.jpg

"Well, it isn't like I don't know how you feel. I'm just worried for a lot of people in the class. Using magic drains a lot out of you, and if you aren't used to exerting yourself, it makes it that much harder to start using magic. It is like using a muscle that you've never used before. But it doesn't seem like the school particularly cares about fitness or even practicing magic use. Then again, I'm making this observation over a class that doesn't have any students who can use mana yet. I guess it is weird that they'd wait to teach us how to use mana. Since using it is the most important factor to getting better, shouldn't they just give it to us right away?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka had finished eating his mashed potatoes and decided to speak up. "M-Maybe they just wanted to… Introduce the concept?" He offered seemingly out of the blue, that's what it felt like today anyways. Perhaps tomorrow they'd practice with Mana a little more or something, but, he wasn't very certain about that part.

75kQeva.jpg

"Concept, that's just silly. We all know what magic is, or we wouldn't be there in the first place. I'm tired of waiting to learn to use it. I need to know it now, I must, I have to practice, and grow stronger and stronger, until…." Noémi quickly stopped talking when she realized what she was saying. "Err, nevermind that. But it does not change the fact I want us to learn actual magic sooner, rather than later."

8PIVq7y.jpg

I find it a shame that Nowmi stops herself from continuing. I kinda wanted to know why she wanted to be so strong. "I have to agree with Nowmi. Magic is too basic a concept for someone to not know about it. Even people who chose not to have a trade end up using magic in one way or another. I mean, there are a few houses that operate on electricity instead, but using mana is a lot cleaner, and it gives us a lot more opportunity to get stronger just doing unspectacular things. I mean, it means we can't use a lot of the appliances on our own, but that just makes me want to learn magic more, so I can become independant."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka shrugged "I-I think we'll start doing those things tomorrow... " he said, figuring their first day at the academy was probably more about getting settled in than anything. However if he was wrong about this, he really hoped they wouldn't get too mad at him for misleading them. With that thought he suddenly felt a little less calm again.

75kQeva.jpg

"We better…" The waiter comes back with a receipt, without letting the other two look at it, Noémi simply hands him the golden card. After a bit he comes back, hands the card to her, and walks away again. "When you both are ready, we can leave at anytime".

8PIVq7y.jpg

I get the feeling that if I had any idea how much this food costs that I'd feel immediately awkward about letting Nowmi treat me. She probably doesn't want to stick around much longer, and I would like to see Nowmi in the moonlight, so it doesn't take me much to get out of my seat, "I'm ready to go too. And, ummmm, thanks for the food Nowmi. It was nice of you to treat us to such good food. I have to say, it is the nicest meal I've had, like, ever actually."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka nodded and stood up quietly himself, but instead of up and leaving without a word, he attempted to give Noémi a formal bow. "Th-thank you." He said quietly, before standing upright again, regaining his composure. It was clear that he was ready to go too, but he didn't want to depart on such an impolite note.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi smiled at Laika. "It was nothing, I was simply hungry for some decent food." She chuckled at Haruka's very crappy bow, before walking outside. The sun had fully set, the only illumination coming from the store front, the streetlights, and the moon itself. "So how do we get back to the school?" she asked Laika, standing out in the moonlight as she turned to her.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Nowmi was every bit as beautiful as I imagined she'd be. Her long beautiful white hair, her brilliant red eyes, her dress; everything about her made me wish I could be closer to her. She is the kind of girl, who I could really see being a princess. Her presence is just so strong. In the moonlight, she just carried an incomparable grace. I have to keep reminding myself, not to stare, but I can barely help myself. Realizing that I'm being addressed, I snap out of it, though a bit delayed, "Well, we can ask to be recalled at any time, but before that, we should probably set our marks unless you wanted to start tomorrow at the school gates." I take a step back to demonstrate. Holding my hand out I extend my middle and pointer finger, fold my ring and pinkey, and fold my thumb over the folded fingers. Commandingly, "Mark, set!" My seal glows bright red for a moment, then a pulse of energy shoots into the ground. The same seal appears on the ground for a moment, then vanishes into nothingness.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
After parting ways with Mika, Dax had made his way up to his room. He found it with ease, and decided to set up his laptop and play some games. He was good at managing a keyboard without being able to see it, and the games he chose had enough audio to guide him easily. He popped in a game and started it up, beginning to play away.

Hours passed. Six o'clock rolled by, and Dax found himself still lounging around in his room. He had stopped playing games at this point, switching his attentions to some movie he had found on the internet. He enjoyed watching movies because he could visualize it himself instead of seeing what was shown to him - it was like reading a book, but you didn't have to do anything. His stomach grumbled a bit, and he placed one hand over it, realizing that he hadn't eaten anything since breakfast and it was now drawing near to supper time. He moved the laptop off his stomach where it sat and rose from his place on the bed, figuring that he'd begin making his way down to the cafeteria to eat, and then back up to his room again. Pushing open the door, he moved quickly as he left his dorm.

The halls of the dormitories weren't as crowded as the main part of the school had been earlier that day, and he headed quickly from his room, down the stairs, and out of the dormitory building. He was glad that he had made that phone call before school, asking for the description - without it, he would almost certainly be lost now, but he found himself in the cafeteria before too long.

He paused, thinking about what he wanted to eat. He was starving, and decided to settle on a classic burger and fries. He followed his nose, making his way towards one little restaurant from which he heard a young woman's voice ordering a hot dog. He approached hesitantly, his hands slightly in front of him so that he wouldn't bump into the counter. He caught the counter and smiled, standing in front of it. "Do you sell burgers?" he asked. There was silence from the other side of the counter, and Dax waited a moment before realizing that the employee must have nodded.

"Sorry, uh, I'm actually blind," he said, and the voice of the employee behind the counter, a high-pitched female voice, answered, "Oh, I'm sorry! Yeah, we sell burgers!"

Dax smiled a bit. That was much better. "How big are they?" he asked.

"Uhhh, they're not very thick, but they're pretty good. And the buns have sesame seeds on them, and we dress them for you with what ever condiments you want," answered the woman, and the moment he said that they weren't very thick, he saw a burger in his mind, sitting on the countertop on the bottom half of the bun. The top half sat beside it, and he could see the sesame seeds. A pair of hands - presumably those of the employee - were drizzling ketchup over the top, and then adding a spoonful of onions."

"How big are your orders of fries?" he asked next.

"Uhh, the small is maybe palm-sized? And the large is hand-sized, I guess?" she estimated, and the image of the two cartons for the fries appeared in his mind. He could see himself just past them, and was amused that she was currently looking at the cartons to describe them.

"Can I get two burgers and a large order of fries then, please?" he asked.

"Absolutely, do you want anything to drink with that?" asked the girl.

"Uhh, maybe a large root beer?" he asked.

"Absolutely," answered the girl, presumably with a smile. Dax stepped aside to wait the few minutes until she called him back over, saying that his food was ready. He held out his hands, and into them, she set what felt like a large styrofoam box. He thanked her, and then headed away from the cafeteria area. He hurried, not wanting his food to get cold, and soon enough, he made it back to his room.

He sat down on his bed, turning on some music on his laptop before opening the box. He started by popping a fry into his mouth. It was pretty good - very salty, but he had no problem with that. He then grasped one of the burgers, lifting it carefully with both hands. He made sure to hold it over the box it had come in, having learned by now that he couldn't detect spills. If ketchup dripped out of the burger and on to his pants, he would have no idea unless somebody pointed it out. He took a bite, chewing slowly and thinking. It was definitely a good burger. It was greasy and lazy, as fast food should be, and he was more than satisfied.

A Starlit Beginning

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka noted what he had seen Laika do; putting down a marker didn't seem to be all that difficult, but appearances can always be deceiving. Walking towards a different position in the same area, he extended his middle and index finger like Laika had done, mimicking the way she folded her pinky and thumb over his remaining folded finger. Then, pointing it at a spot on the ground below him, he said in a commanding, but still quiet voice "Mark, set!", he wondered if this would work since he was quieter than Laika was. Seeing the red pulse of energy shoot into the ground forming a red version of his seal before it disappeared again, he sighed a little; it had worked.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi did the same, feeling a bit silly, but after it finished, she dropped her hand, and looked over at Laika. "Alright, so, what now?" She was hoping that they wouldn't have to walk back, doing something like that again in the dead of night would be just a bit too much for her to handle.

8PIVq7y.jpg

"That is easy too. Just make the same hand sign, and say recall. Gosh, you didn't listen to a word she said did you?" I take a seat by the fountain. "I'll go last, just to make sure nobody gets left alone."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka nodded "I-I'll go first…" he said, he figured this would be an opportune time to hide that dress he had inadvertently brought with him. Making the same sign he did before except he kept his hand pointed to the sky, he spoke quietly. "Recall." The seal symbol shone on the ground around him, a bigger version large enough to surround him before he was transported back to the Venture lounge. However when he got there, he decided to wait for the others after realizing he'd probably seem rather rude to just run off without a word.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi did the same, again, simply following Haruka's lead. She was ready to get back to the dorm for the night, and as she warped into the Venture office, her only thought was getting back to the dorm, laying down, and getting some sleep…. only as she thought that did she remember she was going to have an unwelcome person in her bed, and she sighed a bit.

8PIVq7y.jpg

After the others leave, I linger behind for a few moments. I want to spend a bit longer looking up at the moon. "They are probably waiting for me huh? I guess I shouldn't stick around too long." Forming the hand sign, "Recall!" In a flash of red light, I disappear, returning to the Venture department. I stretch out my arms yawning as I look around to see if the others are still around.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka was still standing there, occasionally glancing towards the hall. He really longed to get back to their room and hide that dress properly before Noémi caught sight of it, one person knowing about that was already embarrassing as is. "S-sorry but… I… Need to head back to our down quickly, see you two there!" He said quietly, fully aware of how awkward it sounded as he did so. He waved a quick goodbye then rushed off to their dorm, he should be reaching it in a few minutes or so.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi watches Haruka go, and heads to the door herself, but before exiting it, she looks back at Laika. "Let's walk back together" she tells her, waiting and holding the door open.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I smile, "I'd like that." Following Nowmi out the door, I walk side by side with Nowmi, not straying ahead like I usually do. I seem to be especially enjoying myself, though in a completely silent manner. In particular, I see to be looking up at the sky.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka in the meantime had arrived at their dorm and opened the door quickly, rushing inside… He grabbed that dress, taking it out from underneath his covers and went to the closet, hanging it up behind his other robes this time. This should prevent another incident like the one earlier from today with some luck, or at least he hoped so...

8PIVq7y.jpg

Just before we reach the doors leading to the dorms, I suddenly stop. "Um, Nowmi. Is it ok, if we go stargazing for a little while?"

75kQeva.jpg

"Stargazing? Where is the fun in looking at a bunch of little dots in the sky?" Noémi looks over at Laika, a little curiously.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka sighed a little after he had put away that dress. He yawned a little, realizing how tired he had gotten despite taking a nap. Figuring there wasn't really any point in delaying going to sleep, he lay down on his own bed and curled himself up a little in his blankets. It didn't take long for him to sleep peacefully, at least for the time being anyways.

8PIVq7y.jpg

"I know it sounds pretty boring. It might only be interesting to me because of my mana nature to be honest. But even still, I don't think I'm ready to call it a night, because I still wanted to be outside with you. Plus, don't tell him I said it, but it is kinda nice just having us girls around. Haruka is sweet, but the atmosphere is different with just us. I promise that it will be more interesting than you expect." I give Nowmi a look of sincerity.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi shrugs then, but after a few seconds nods. "Alright then. It is still a little earlier than I would like for going to sleep, and if it's as interesting as you say, then I do not mind spending a little more time with you alone." She doesn't show much in terms of emotions, but Noémi is genuinely curious as to why Laika wants to spend so much time with her.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I smile brightly, "Lets go somewhere nice and grassy. I think I know a good spot that isn't too far from here." Returning to my usual enthusiastic pace, I head off towards the lake.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi follows behind Laika, making sure to keep up with her, not wanting to get lost at this time of night. They eventually get to the lake, and even Noémi admits it's peaceful during the middle of the night, the lake water glistening in the moonlight.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I make sure to pick a nice spot on the hill where it isn't muddy or otherwise unpleasant, then lay down looking up at the night sky. With the lack of radiant light, you can see all sorts of stars. Their light reflects radiantly in my purple eyes, which seem to fill with the same radiance and cheer.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi sits next to Laika, looking back up at the sky. The stars are much different to her, far and aloof, shining brightly yet all alone in the night sky. To her, the stars are distant, shining far away from everything she knows, unimportant things that are there to distract her from what's important. But it doesn't hurt to look at them every once in a while, she thinks.

8PIVq7y.jpg

With the natural incline of the hill, I lay back against the hill, still looking directly up. "Nowmi, thanks for coming out with me. It probably would have been pretty lonely just doing this all by myself."

75kQeva.jpg

"Things you do alone are naturally lonely, I would not expect any different. But it is nice to sit and relax occasionally, at least for a little while." She eventually lays back herself, her arms crossed behind her head. The cool breeze makes her shiver just a little bit though.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I smile a bit seeing a shooting star go by, "So, I know you said that you'd let me sleep with you, and I just wanted to say, you really don't have to. I kinda feel like it was unfair of me to ask for something like that, at least, not without explaining myself. I didn't want to talk about this around Haruka, but since it is just you, I don't mind so much. It is kind of embarrassing, but I'm still scared of the dark. It isn't so bad when I'm outside, because there is so much starlight and moonlight, but inside it kinda terrifies me. So, I feel safer sleeping next to someone. I didn't want to bother Haruka with this, since he'd probably have a heart attack, but it seemed like something that I could ask from you."

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi looks over at Laika after she's done talking. "It's just such an odd… request. I do not know anyone scared of the dark, though if it helps you out, I still do not mind it. I am just… surprised, that you would even want to sleep near me. I simply assumed you did not have a high opinion of me. I know my upbringing has not given me the social graces that you're used to, so it seems a little odd that you would still want something of me."

8PIVq7y.jpg

I giggle a bit at Nowmi's comment, "To be honest, I still don't know quite what to think of you, but from what I can tell; every time I give you a chance you come through for me. Every time I shut you out, I end up feeling worse and apologizing for it. I'll admit my sample size isn't impressive, but I just have a feeling, that we are going to be really close. And I can assure you, I would love to sleep next to you. I was just worried, how you felt about having someone like me sleep in the same bed."

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi feels her face redden a bit at that comment. "I'm sure I will… grow accustomed to sleeping in the same bed as you. I guess I do not hate it, but it is certainly not something I have ever experienced before, so I do not know if I will truly hate it or not." She looks back up at the sky. "I suppose we'll just have to see. How long did you want to continue to watch the stars?"

8PIVq7y.jpg

"To be honest, I can forget sometimes. Actually, I planned to sleep here if you ended up declining my offer." I smile a sleepier smile, "I can end up losing myself in the stars, since they stir my mana when I'm around the night sky. My Dad told me that you can see the effect they have on me, just by looking in my eyes. They start to glow a bit apparently, but I've never been able to see for myself." I turn to look at Nowmi for the first time, "Do they really glow like he said?"

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi looked back at Laika, and a small gasp escaped her lips. Laika's eyes were shining brightly in the starlight, and even she had to admit such a sight was stunning. "Yes, they're…. very beautiful, actually." Noémi found herself smiling at Laika. "I think that is quite a nifty trick to have, they are very lovely."

8PIVq7y.jpg

I find myself, absolutely astonished to hear such a dazzling complement from Nowmi. Having spent the day with her, I had yet to hear her give even a slight complement to anyone or anything. Heck, most things couldn't even earn her indifference. For someone like that, to call any part of me beautiful, especially when I wanted them to consider me in even just very little ways, I found myself a bit overwhelmed. "I… I… Ummm. Thank you. I don't think I really compare at all, but thanks." It isn't like me to get so modest, but this was a big moment for me.

75kQeva.jpg

"Nonsense, it is a very lovely feature of yours." Noémi didn't understand why Laika was suddenly modest, nor the underlying reason, but to her, there was something that she genuinely thought was pretty, so she complimented it. "My mana nature does not lend itself to such… shows of beauty, so I'm afraid I have nothing of my own in comparison".

8PIVq7y.jpg

I blush, just on seeing how silly I'm being. I've been hardcore crushing on Nowmi the whole day, but now that I'm finally alone with her I'm starting to let it get to me. Nowmi, I think that I'm putting her on a big pedestal, even though she is already esteemed. She is from a rich family, she is absolutely beautiful, and she has a side of her so sweet that I could just melt next to her. Next to someone like that, I really do feel a bit smaller. I know that I told her to stop calling me little girl, because I wanted her to consider me and my feelings, but she is starting to make me consider that. Earlier today, she got mad at me. Holding onto all sorts of feelings, never doing anything to make them happen. She is right, just carrying these feelings and showing them to people isn't enough to make something happen. But what I'm doing right now, seems to be working. I want Nowmi, even if I'm smaller, and even if there is someone more suitable for her. I know that by the end of the week, I'm going to be the kind of person who will ask her out, and she'll have to say yes. "Trust me, you just haven't found it in yourself yet. Dad says that the beauty of mana rests in all things. He isn't terribly reliable, but he hasn't been wrong about this kind of thing yet."

75kQeva.jpg

"I suppose there are all sorts of people who can find different things beautiful. But I do not settle at beauty, no, I wish to go even further. I do not want to be someone that people simply have around to look at, I want to change the things that I can change, no matter what or who I might be. In my kind of society, women are looked down on, meant to only be there to be good little wives. That is not the kind of life I wish to have, which is why I am trying so hard. I do not need my own beauty, I need much more." Noémi finds herself talking a lot again, and decides to stop. She can't figure it out, why does she find herself talking endlessly near Laika? Usually she knows not to let her inner feelings out, but maybe the honesty Laika shows her is enough to loosen her own lips. "Do not worry about any of that, it is not relevant. But while you definitely have those traits that are beautiful, do not be satisfied with just that. There is so much more you can become, and I would appreciate seeing you grow and mature, along with your magic. I certainly plan to do the same."

8PIVq7y.jpg

I find Nowmi talking to me about much more intimate thoughts, that I really never expected to hear from her. I never really knew, that she felt like people looked down on her. Honestly, I didn't think it was even possible to look down on Nowmi. She seems like a titan. I mean, she is so prideful, and her ambitions are so large that she really couldn't ever be suitable as just a housewife. It would be an insult to nature to let someone like Nowmi sit by idly in a house all day. But at the same time, I felt like those kinds of people made her think that beauty was less than what it is, that it was something purely reserved for the external features someone had. Even still, I can't help but find myself attracted to Nowmi in a totally different way. It feels like we are both on the same path. "Right now, I'm not nearly as much as I'm going to become. Once I graduate, I'm going to be dazzling. So you don't have to worry. If you ever see me look like I'm going to give up, just yell at me a bit and I'll snap out of it." I hop up to my feet. "Anyway, it looks like you are a bigger fan of stargazing than you thought. We've been out here for an hour."

75kQeva.jpg

"I will do that." Noémi gets up as well. "An hour? It certainly felt like less. Let's go ahead and get to our room, I am already quite sleepy." She motions in the direction of the dorms, wanting to get back before it gets too late.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Heading back to the dorms, I stick close to Nowmi; especially once we reach the now dimly lit halls. I'm practically right on top of her.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi notices Laika's unusual closeness, but doesn't comment on it, they both slip inside their room quietly when they get there, so as to avoid waking Haruka. For that reason, Noémi doesn't turn on the light, instead slipping into the bathroom for a bit. When she emerges, she's dressed in her pajamas, said pajamas being very fancy and refined. She slips into bed first, waiting for Laika.

8PIVq7y.jpg

When Nowmi comes out of the bathroom, I'm only about halfway done getting changed into pjs. I slip into my shirt first, then my shorts, not bothering to change from the pair I wore earlier today, as it saw about 5 minutes of use. After which I lay in bed, seeking comfort, I lay my hand over Nowmi's.

75kQeva.jpg

Though it's dark and Laika can't see, Noémi's face turns red as Laika's hand covers hers. She turns to face the wall, trying to find comfort, the body next to her is strange and unusual, but she doesn't say anything, and tries her hardest to fall into slumber.

8PIVq7y.jpg

While a part of me would like to draw closer to Nowmi, the other part is simply glad that if I had to face the dark with anything, it would be the warmth of Nowmi's hand. I drift, first slowly, then suddenly into sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lady in red ambles swiftly onto the premises of Red Star Academy, tugging along a rather large steel luggage case. An unfortunate series of events delayed her arrival by several hours, effectively missing the day's events. Hours wasted unproductively. She knew she could pull a string and a faster ride would swiftly whisk her away. She would not have made it in time but it would've made the trip less painful. She does not, for sake of experience. Public transportation is an uncouth beast, particularly when carrying excessive luggage. But, it is no match for a Regalia Crux. If the ordinary could, why couldn't a noble bear the same suffering? If the masses suffer far more than nobles with even trivial things, does that not make them stronger, more refined? The lady in red admires the commoner's willpower, as she had repeatedly during her time at the military academy. Commoners don't have luxury holding them back. As an ascendant of the Line of Guilde, she always has the option for convenience. It bothers her. The lady in red silently vows, so long as she, Serra Guilde, lives among commoners, she would use their devices and suffer the same. She wouldn't raise her Line's name nor would she use it to raise her status within the campus. She would be better by merit.

Serra takes to the administrative building, firstly, after asking about for directions. She reports to them that she'd been delayed. The office relinquishes a key, map and schedule. Serra takes to finding her room, secondly. She wanders for a considerable amount of time, since she is unfamiliar with the campus and her luggage slows her pace considerably. The masses of students ambling about don't help her find her footing. Nearly an hour passes and Serra does not find the dormitories. She'd circled the study lounge and library, mistaking the main hall for the dormitories. The large ensemble of students walking freely does not give her any vision. Her sense of direction is not usually so bad, she thinks. The travel weighed down on her mind and her unfamiliarity with the place is most burdensome. She decides to wait out the crowd. Certainly, she'd spot the building with ease if she could see where she is walking. It doesn't help that flying folk cloud the space above the mass. She sets her case in place and sits on the floor, watching the faces come and go to pass the time. She spots a fellow, seated on the ceiling of a building. She stares, intrigued. If she were not tied to her luggage, she would attempt to join him. The fellow, very soon, ambles off. Thus, Serra begins her wait, hungry and tired. She smiles, however. A test of patience is just what she likes. If she could wait it out without turning irate, it would make her feel all the better.

~ Learning ~
Kaminari, once his exploring was finished, proceeded to stand in front of one of the training dummies. He stared at it's lifeless form as it had nothing to offer back to him in return. Narrowing his eyes, he clutches his hands into fists as he strikes the dummy with a strike. The dummy barely moved, tempting Kaminari to throw in another strike to it, which made it barely move again. Then, his strikes began to flow in repeatedly, both of his fists being used in succession with the other in order to keep up a momentum. Each strike, Kami could see the result had no changed, and it tempted him to keep going, so he threw out his strikes, trying to find his own rhythm as he tried to make the dummy move before him.

From what he had read so far, there was a variety among the mana nature, and most of it seemed to be very complicated to him, yet they had also explained it was simple, despite how complex it appeared. That meant he had to wait until class before trying to figure out more about what he could do, and he struck again, but to no avail. He wondered how long he had been at this for, for his arms were starting to grow heavy on him, and he was starting to breath faster. He decided to wait for a few minutes, closing his eyes as he focused, relaxing himself of previous tensions in order to focus on the dummy. He wondered why he couldn't move it, no matter how many times he had hit it, it never seemed to move for him.

Opening his eyes, he glares at the dummy and strikes out with his foot, this time the hit seemed to make it lean backwards. This brought a smile to Kami's face, until something hit him head on and forced him down onto his back. Upon opening his eyes, he couldn't see the red mark the dummy had left on him, but he knew it had come back and struck him after his hit. Rising back up to his feet, Kami wondered if this was the point of the dummy, and a frown grew upon his face. He growled slightly as he struck the dummy with his rhythm again, but the dummy did not move for him like it just had. Forced to try something out, Kami strikes the dummy with his foot again, and just like before, it leans back. Kami barely has any time to react as the dummy strikes forward into him, sending him back down again. His forehead hurt now, and his body had a slower time getting up after that last hit done to him.

He wondered again just how long he had been doing this for, clutching his hands again as he strikes the dummy with his fists as many times as he could. He didn't keep track, he couldn't keep it, he just struck away and hoped for the best. But nothing changed, nothing forced the dummy to move, so he struck with his foot again, and this time was able to see it coming back forward. As if his body was forcing him to, he threw up his arms in front of himself to shield himself as he is struck back by the dummy, sliding for just a few seconds before stopping. Once removing his arms from in front of himself, Kami could see a red marking on both of his arms, and they seemed to be shaking a little now. At this point, Kami realized just how badly his arms hurt, he had been so focused on the dummy, he hadn't realized how much time and effort had gone by before he went too much into exhaustion.

It wasn't like Kami hadn't worked before, but this particular time felt different to him, for some reason he just felt... Helpless? Kami rejected the thought, something was up, and he hadn't known how much time he had wasted trying to make one dummy move for him. Sneering at the dummy as if it could see his expression, he moved away from the dummy and made his way out of the training area, figuring there was no point in continuing to go at this when he could be sleeping. He focused on getting back to his room now, his arms slightly limp as he moved through the academy, he tried to make a bold appearance despite how much pain and exhaustion he felt right now. What if he got into a real fight, would someone just be able to punch him in the face and end his life then and there? Kami could only hope the red markings on his body would go away by the time class started again, he had enough of exploring for one day, he just wanted to rest in his room.​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Saemon fully appreciated these targets' uncanny durability, for it meant he could go as ham as he wants without breaking the dummy. He was especially relieved by this, as he was fairly notorious for obliterating targets into mere scrap heaps at home. His temper was much shorter and hotter back then, at it took at least two desecrated punching bags before he completely calmed down.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Speaking of which, Saemon could see (and definitely hear) someone who was doing just that.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Saemon diverted his attention from his own dummy and instead focused on a young man wailing on a different target. The ex-monk looked on, amused by his classmate's apparent frustration. It was his classmate, right? Saemon focused for a moment, then remembered the boy's name: Kaminari. Kami didn't seem to notice Saemon's presence at all, or chose to ignore him if he did; Saemon couldn't tell, and he honestly didn't care either way. It's only been one day, after all, and there would be plenty of time to be more social in the future. Saemon himself hasn't spoken to a single soul besides Laika this morning, not counting strangers, so he couldn't accuse anyone else of being aloof.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Saemon covered his mouth and stifled a chuckle as Kami was knocked flat on his back by the training dummy. And then a second time. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]At this rate, the dummy's winning, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Saemon kept the thought to himself, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]I did the same thing at one point. Everyone starts somewhere, so they say.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He looked away, as he didn't want to be seen laughing at Kami's expense. Saemon returned his gaze to his own dummy. He eyed it for a moment, then jumped into the air and dug his heel into the dummy's nose with as much force as he could muster. Another loud crack echoed through the field as the target's head snapped backwards, only for it to retain its natural position afterwards. Satisfied, Saemon made his way out of the training grounds and back to the core of the campus.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]By this time, the academy's plaza has been cleared out mostly. There's still a considerable amount of people but Serra can, at least, pull her gargantuan case without clipping peoples' legs with its sides. She stands up and dusts herself off. Any of her family members would argue its unbecoming of a lady to sit on the plain floor but a lady, with certain military background, wouldn't find it problematic. She pulls up her case onto its rollers and begins to trod towards the main courtyard. She doesn't doubt that she'd be able to locate the dormitories from there. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As she nears the courtyard, her case pops open, spilling its contents gratuitously on the floor. Serra pouts, disgruntledly. Perhaps the buckle had come undone when she laid it down before. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That's a lot of luggage for one person, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Saemon mused, having arrived on the scene a few moments before the girl's bag exploded. Saemon didn't even think he owned enough things to fit into that bag. All he had back home was a few sets of clothes and a toothbrush, like the other monks. He looked around, and didn't see anyone else bothering to help the girl recollect her belongings. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Jerks, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]he scolded inwardly as he made his way over to lend a hand. "For a solid steel case, it sure comes apart easily," Saemon broke the ice somewhat awkwardly as he shoveled various items back into the suitcase.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Serra, "It doesn't usually. I must've pulled the buckle on accident." She lifts a handful of her stuff indiscriminately and sets it in the luggage. "Thanks for the help." There was, indeed, a lot of content to the case. Once the case is all packed up again, Serra buckles it up tightly. She boots the case a time or two to make sure it doesn't pop then takes a closer look at her assistant. "Thanks again. Mighty noble of you to step up to that." She dips her head in thanks.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ah, it's nothing. I'm sure anyone else would have helped if I didn't," Saemon gave an accusing glare to the surrounding crowd, not like they noticed. He refocused his attention to the girl. Saemon stole a glance to the name tag on the suitcase, "Serra, is it? My name's Saemon. It's certainly a pleasure to make your aquaintance." He waved shortly for emphasis and gave a tiny smile as well. "You sure are getting here awfully late. Did the bus break down or something?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Serra nods. "Aye. Serra, it is." She nods again. "Likewise. It was a bit of a personal issue that delayed me. I'm looking for the dormitories. I think I found them. Would you accompany me there, lest I have the wrong idea?" She props up the luggage again, checking it once more to make sure it won't open.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh…" Saemon trailed off, deciding not to press, "Well, the dorms should be… that way." He pointed with his finger towards the complex in question. "But yeah, I was heading there myself. Might as well go together, right?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Serra, "Indeed. Let's." She walks towards the building Saemon pointed to, somewhat content that it was the same one she expected it to be. "How was your first day here?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"To tell you the truth, not much happened," Saemon admitted. "Well, besides the magical goblet that soaked two girls and then spawned a spooky ghost. Oh! And the roof has a pretty nice view if you can manage to get up there. And there was a classmate that got his butt kicked by a training dummy. ...Don't tell him I said that." Saemon smiled again, enjoying Serra's company as they both made their way to the dorms.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Serra listens with piqued interest. "Eventful day, you've had, it seems. Glad to hear so. I was doubting that much would happen but it seems I'm, fortunately, wrong. Did you perhaps scale and sit atop a building earlier today?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Indeed I did," Saemon answered. "I was always climbing up mountainsides as a kid, and if you really think about it, buildings aren't that much different." He put a finger to his chin and corrected himself, "Well, buildings aren't nearly as tall as mountains. Some of the mountains back home are so tall that there's no air at the top. Learned that one the hard way." He scratched his head, as if nearly suffocating as a child wasn't a really huge deal.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I saw you atop the roof earlier then! I'm impressed. I'd like to try that sometime." Serra looks about curiously, as they amble into the dormitory complex. "Well. This doesn't look much like a home. Where are all the bedrooms and living facilities? I would assume there would be a kitchen or a dining hall, considering the size of the place."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Your kitchen and/or dining hall's in its own building," Saemon said. "I wouldn't call it a 'dining hall' though. Much too regal. I think most people here call it a cafeteria. As for the sleeping arrangements…" He pulled his own dorm key out of his pocket, "We have these. I honestly have no idea how they set it up though. Some rooms have multiple people, and I got a dorm all to myself. They're the same size, too. Lucky me." Saemon shrugged. A part of him wanted the company of a roommate, but he was thankful for the space. He'd have alone time guaranteed with this setup, so he considered it a worthwhile tradeoff.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Serra, "Huh. Odd and different but I'll deal with it. It's interesting if anything. Maybe this is normal for certain schools. I guess this is where we head off then? I need to find my own room. It was nice meeting you.. Saemon, was it?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's my name. It was nice meeting you." Saemon smiled again, happy that he had made a friend. With that over and done with, the two new students made their separate ways to their dorm rooms to complete the day.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka, Laika, and Noémi - The Musical Morning[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
dMpjjfP.jpg
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka yawned a little, slowly stirring in his bed as he woke up, the sun was already peeking through the curtains somewhat through the small areas where they hadn't been fully closed. Looking towards the clock, he realized it was still quite early out, it was 7:30 in the morning, he didn't feel too tired anymore though so he figured it would be for the best to get up. His eyes wandered around the room for a moment before falling upon Laika and Noémi's forms under the covers, he was still half awake so he didn't theorize too much on what was going on under there yet, though it still interested him a bit. It made him wonder if anything strange was going on under the covers or if he was just imagining things since he was still half awake. He walked over to the bathroom figuring he'd take a shower and figure things out in a bit, it would be pretty embarrassing if they had woken up if he stood there any longer.[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noémi was the next to awaken. For a brief moment, she didn't know where she was, and felt a strange sensation on her arm. Looking over, she spied the sleeping figure of Laika, and only then remembered the events of last time. "...Huh?" She noticed her arm wasn't responding, and tried to move it, realizing that Laika was clutching it tight, holding it to her chest. She tried pulling it a bit, but Laika wouldn't budge, and Noémi did not want to wake her up, so she simply waited, hoping Laika would eventually stir.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]I sleep comfortably for quite some time. It isn't until 15 minutes later that I start to show signs of waking up. Though, I'm not a morning person at all, so I might sleep in without my alarm set. I truly would have set it, but I didn't want to bother everyone around me with it. My alarm does a good job of waking me up, but only because it is the most incredibly bothersome, loud, unrelenting, and annoying clock I could find. Besides, it runs on magic, so it wouldn't work around me until I learn how to let my mana flow outside of my body.[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]The sounds of water running had more or less ceased as Haruka stepped out of the shower, putting on his robe again. Looking around, he noticed that Laika was beginning to stir and Noémi was more or less awake from what he saw, it also seemed that they were holding hands if he saw correctly… Immediately realizing he was staring a little too much, he felt himself blush a little and look away, shaking his head a little. He walked over to his bed and sat down for the time being, a little uncertain of what to do until classes start.[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ummm, Laika? Are you getting up? You're holding on a little tight…" Noémi tries to stir a bit, trying to wiggle free, but her vice grip keeps her locked down, and she can't move. Instead, she sighs, and waits for Laika to wake up fully.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hearing Nowmi's voice, I stir faster than before. Rolling over, I find myself suddenly off of the bed, and fall unceremoniously to the ground. Quite dazed, I get up slowly. The bed isn't terribly high off the ground, and I didn't hit my head terribly hard, but I still wouldn't choose this mode of awakening. My everything hurts.[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka looked up, hearing the sudden thumping sound of someone falling onto the floor. He noticed that Laika seemed to have been the unfortunate person who had that happen to her… It made him feel bad for her as he'd been known to do the same when he was younger; never really remembering to stand up when he got out of bed at first. Walking over a little awkwardly, he stopped not too far from Laika looking a bit worried, he was contemplating if he should go help her up or not. After a bit, mostly out of instinct, he reached out an awkward hand wondering if she'd accept his help.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Although Haruka had been kind enough to offer me a hand up, I wasn't quite ready to get up yet. Honestly, I couldn't even recognize that Haruka was helping me up. I was still just waking up, and the crash only seemed to make that process slower. Speaking out loud, "What happened?" My fuzzy vision starts to clear, and I see Haruka's hand. Not understanding what is happening, I simply stare at it with a perplexed, half-asleep look.[/BCOLOR]
75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noémi gets out of bed, a little sleepy herself but awake and fully conscious. "You fell out of bed, very ungracefully I might add." She stretched a bit, looking out the window at the risen sun. "This is your fault you know, these beds are meant for one individual, not two." She gathered up some clothes from her closet, intending on being the next for the shower, but waiting to see if Laika was at least okay.[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka looked confused when Laika just stared at his hand asking what had happened… She looked half asleep though, so perhaps that's the reason why she was acting like this. "W-well… I didn't see… Y-you need any help getting up?" He asked, it felt natural to help someone out with small things like this, but at the same time it always felt awkward each time he did it, he wondered if that would be considered strange by others…[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hearing Nowmi in the background, I look towards Haruka, my eyes not yet lively. "I fell, and it hurts." Getting up on my own, I manage to throw myself on the bed, though my legs are still dangling off, gravity threatening to take me right back down. I however have already closed my eyes, and lay against the bed comfortably, showing no desire to amend my situation.[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You know we have class, right? You cannot spend all day sitting down sleeping." Sighing, Noémi reaches down, without waiting for Laika's response, and grabs her hand, pulling her to a standing position. "If you need a second to wake up, then take it, but you will not accomplish much sitting on your butt."[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka now looked quite silly with his hand extended awkwardly like that so he stood up, withdrawing his hand, seeming a little embarrassed about it. It seemed Noémi wasn't too happy with Laika in the current state she was in, though he figured if he decided to intervene, it may make things worse… Not just that, but he doubted it would be a good idea to let Laika sleep in when school was supposed to start sooner or later.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]With my low blood pressure, getting up in the morning was always interesting, as it would usually take me at least 10 minutes just to gain my usual state of awareness. Seeing Nowmi holding my hand, I was in just the perfect state where I was half understanding what she was saying, and had no thoughts about what would be acceptable behavior. "Nowmi, can you make it stop hurting?" I lean into Nowmi, giving her a short hug.[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ummm…" Noémi stammers a bit at the hug, still unused to the whole act of hugging. "If it hurts so bad, I'm sure there is someone on campus who can take care of it for you. Please let me go now so I can shower and prepare for our morning classes." Her voice is a little less unsure of itself as Laika hugs her, and she starts to pull away hoping Laika lets go.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]At that moment, I blinked. Once because I thought it was a dream, twice because I hoped it was a dream, and then I blushed bright red. Pulling back away from Nowmi, "Sorry, I had no idea what was going on. That was a rough wake up, let me just do some stretches to get the blood flowing…" I then turn around and start moving around. I can't seem to face Nowmi after embarrassing myself like that. I can't help it in the mornings, but that really doesn't excuse me at all.[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noémi disappears into the bathroom, beginning her shower.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]After Nowmi starts taking her shower, while doing some stretches, "Haruka. I didn't act too weird did I? I tend to not do well when waking up in the mornings."[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka rubbed the back of his neck looking sheepish "I-I don't think so... I guess I looked pretty silly there when I tried to help you back up." he said with an embarrassed laugh. It seemed he wasn't too good with these things sometimes.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry about that. I promise that I really wasn't trying to be a bother. The only thing that I was really thinking about was how my sides hurt, and how I wanted to…" I blush, "Never mind. I guess I just need to get going so that I can get my day started." I'm more or less awake now, but I still move about with a lull.[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]After a while, Noémi exited the bathroom, in a white dress/blouse outfit, similar to the one she was wearing yesterday. "I am done with the shower, use it as you please." she said to Laika, before gathering all her things for class, making sure she was prepared.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hearing Nowmi exit the bathroom, I assume that I should get ready in a hurry if I want to stay with everyone when we go out for breakfast. "Ok. We have a few hours before class starts, would you want to go out to eat?" I'm picking out my outfit. This time I feel like being a bit more dressy, so I pick out my white and blue casual dress. And step into the bathroom. ([/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]http://turnlol.com/img/the-image-30471.html[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] like this, but with a blue trim on the skirt)[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noémi shrugs. "I'm not usually a breakfast person. Especially after our dinner last night, I have no desire to eat anything." She sits down on the bed, laying back a bit. "Still a few hours till class? I'm already bored…"[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka looked down at his stomach, he didn't feel completely full anymore, but he wasn't hungry either. "I-I guess we can try… W-wall ball?" He asked, looking towards Noémi, wondering if they were up for something like that right now.[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I do not feel like athletic activities in the morning." Noémi said immediately.[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka sighed a little, he was tempted to lay down again, but he knew he wasn't going to doze off anytime soon. Instead of speaking some more, he looked out towards the window where the sun shone brightly. The light didn't hurt his eyes really, instead, it just sort of drew his attention sometimes.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]After just five minutes, I come out of the bathroom, still brushing my hair. "Did we decide what we were going to do before class?"[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Of course not, the only suggestion made was Haruka's and it was boring." Noémi keeps laying on the bed. "I am tempted to simply fall asleep until class begins."[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, if you woke me up, I certainly hope we aren't to simply go back to sleep. I want to go on my Venture some more. Would either of you like to join?"[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka stood up and nodded a little, he figured the few hours they had before class started would be worthwhile to spend on their Venture… He was indeed curious about what that town had in store for them.[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I suppose if there is nothing better to do. If there isn't anything that can sufficiently amuse me, I will simply come back." Noémi drags herself up off the bed and stands next to Laika, her arms crossed.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]I smile brightly, great, lets get started them. I form the hand-sign. "Mark, transmission!" The mark glows at first, then fizzles out and does nothing. "Oh, right. I can't use mana yet, so of course I can't teleport even having set the mark…"[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well that was a disappointment then. Then again, I had already expected it to be a disappointment from the start." Frustrated, Noémi falls back on the bed, ready to just close her eyes.[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka sighed a little, he seemed a bit disappointed himself, but he shrugged a little… He started thinking again, trying to figure out what they could do to occupy themselves before class started.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]I look disappointed since I was sure that would be something fun to do together. "Well, I don't want to just leave Nowmi here by herself, so maybe we should do something fun at home together. I want to get breakfast, but I'll bring it back here so that Nowmi has some company."[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Do as you wish. I doubt there will be anything interesting here as well." Closing her eyes, Noémi falls asleep quite rapidly, her breathing becoming slow and deep right away.[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka nodded a little "I-I'll stay here… I-I'm still a little full…" he said quietly, not really wanting to talk about that awkward moment he had yesterday, he had fun of course, but he was pretty nervous to say the least at first.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, ummm, I kinda forgot that you two had a lot to eat. I burned through everything I had, so I'm hungry again. I'll come back soon I guess." I scamper out the door, not quite expecting to be off by myself so soon. I want to hurry up and get back to the others soon.[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka, without much else to do had turned his attention back to the sun which had risen just a little higher in the sky. His gaze was fixated more or less on its center, a rare thing to see from even someone like him.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]After getting some french toast and bacon I hurry back to the dormroom, only to find Nowmi perfectly asleep, and Haruka trying to burn his eyes out. I know that he is a sunlight mage, but is it really safe to do something like that? "Ummmm, Haruka, you doing alright?"[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka turned around, blinking just once, he seemed to be seeing just fine despite having stared off at the sun for a while. "O-oh! Uh… I'm fine, I was just, well, thinking." He said, stuttering a little, he'd been caught off-guard when Laika came in, but only because he had been staring at the sun, a strange habit of his.[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noémi, hearing all the conversation, woke up, having only been sleeping lightly. "I see you're back…" she said, before yawning, a bit loudly. "How long till classes start? Hopefully it is soon."[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]I shake my head, "Sorry, it is still going to be a long while. It only took me about 15 minutes to get my food and come back." I set my food down and sit on the bed next to Nowmi, "But, I'm up for doing anything."[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka shrugged a little, averting his eyes from the sun for now. He didn't really have much of a clue in the way of what to do right now, they still have a little less than two hours to spend before classes began though, so maybe he'd think of something.[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noémi sighed herself. Most of her favorite pasttimes involved things she didn't have, or didn't bring with her. A violin or piano especially, if she had one of those with her, she could entrance herself in her own music, hours passing in the blink of an eye as she played. But she had to leave her instruments at home, and there was nothing else of interest to do. "If you have any ideas, please speak them, or we will continue to sit in this room and be bored"[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Starting to eat my food, I contemplate what might Nowmi enjoy. Sadly, I don't really know her that well. Haruka is easy, since he just goes along with whatever everyone else is doing. Rather than try to play mind games, I ask directly. "Nowmi, if you could be doing anything in the world right now, what would be your top 3 things?"[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"My first would be attending an actual magic school, not this second rate facility. Next would be spending the hours entranced in my music. As for a third, I'd say being asleep once again. At least then, I could escape from this horrid place into my dreams."[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]I frown, as I'm realizing that Nowmi still feels bitter about the large change in her lifestyle. I really can't blame her, but being optimistic won't really improve the situation, and I can't really help her move through this. To her, this is a big deal, and I'd hate to devalue her struggles as simply the result of her being spoiled, but I don't really know how to talk to her about this kind of thing. I mean, this place is a strict upgrade from an orphanage. How could I know anything about what she is going through. "Well, I know it isn't much, but I know that there is a music room. It probably isn't as nice as what you are used to, but I'd love to listen to you play."[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Humph. I'm not that interested in some low class magic school's paltry selection of fine instruments. Besides…" Noémi turned a little red, and turned her face from Laika. "...it has been a while since I have played something. I am probably out of practice, and my music would not be appealing to listen to"[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, I know that even with a less quality instrument, you'd probably still sound perfect. Besides, if you are out of practice, that is all the more reason to pick it up again. After all, I know that you don't have a lot here at school that you like to do, and playing music sounds like a much better way to spend your time than sleeping. Plus, I happen to enjoy singing, so maybe we could put on a performance?"[/BCOLOR]

dMpjjfP.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Haruka stood up suddenly, seeming a little restless "I-I'm heading to the study lounge… E-excuse me." he said quietly. He waved a small goodbye before heading out the door, he wondered if there was anything interesting to read about there. It seemed to be the only thing he was familiar with doing around here, well, except staring at the sun of course, plus, it would do to read up on a few things he had on his mind...[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noémi sighed once more, and stood up. "Well, if you're going to be so utterly insistent on it, we may as well check it out. Better than sitting around here doing nothing, after all." She decided to grab all her things, they could head to class directly from the music room when they were done.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]I finish up eating before popping up and catching up to Nowmi. I was very curious to learn exactly what instrument she wanted to play.[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noémi stayed silent as they walked to the music room, relying on Laika to show the way. As she did, she couldn't help but wonder why Laika was so oddly friendly, always trying to do things together or spend time with her. There was something she was missing, she was sure of it, but due to her limited experience dealing with people, couldn't figure out what it was.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]As we arrive in the music room, I turn around with zeal, "So, which instrument did you want to try? There are a few that work with just vibrations here. Though, I assume you probably prefer those to the mana based instruments."[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Wordlessly, Noémi moved to the back of the room. Picking up a tarp that lay on an instrument, she pulled it off, revealing a dusty and old grand piano. She sat down at it, and simply looked at the keys, not touching them.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]I move over to Nowmi with a look of curiousity, "So you are a piano player huh?"[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I can play both the piano and violin, of course. While I have tried to learn a few instruments, those are the ones I am best at." Even though she says so, Noémi doesn't start playing anything, just turning back and staring at the keys on the keyboard.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]I notice Nowmi's hesitation to start playing. I lean closer to her. "Are you nervous?"[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I am… no such thing… " Even though her words deny it, Noémi stutters a bit, like someone who is indeed nervous.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Leaning against Nowmi's back, I play one of the tunes they use to teach people to play piano with just one hand. "You are going to be fine silly. It is just me here, so there isn't anything to be nervous about."[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noémi watches Laika play a bit, before responding. "That isn't it at all. Also that tune is so silly, have you not learned to play better than that?"[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, I know a few other things, but music isn't where my talents are. I prefer dancing and singing. I need to be good at those since I'm going to be an idol one day." I smile cheerfully, "So, I'll be counting on you and others for the music. Though, I don't think that you'd want to play piano for a career. It seemed to me like you'd rather use magic."[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Of course. Magic is much more useful than silly singing and dancing, and music as well." Noémi pushes Laika's hands away. "Here, let me show you…" As her hands lightly dance across the keyboard, she plays a soft yet haunting melody, the kind of music you'd expect to hear in a rich, yet foreboding mansion.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]As Nowmi pushes my hands away, I smile brightly and stand back a short distance. "It sounds beautiful. Not the kind of thing I know how to dance to, but I bet Saemon would feel amazing listening to this. It sounds like the kind of music that would play at a haunted house."[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't play silly dance music. And a haunted house? That would be an insult to a good song." Frustrated, Noémi switches songs, something faster and more upbeat this time, but with a good number of classical influences.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]I giggle a bit, "Well, maybe it is silly, but those kinds of songs make me happy. They put smiles on everyone's faces, and everyone becomes more lively. I really love seeing everyone get excited." I let myself start getting into the rhythm of Nowmi's music. It is a bit different than what I'm used to, but I let myself go anyway. I seem to be having a lot of fun.[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noémi continues playing, genuinely enjoying just playing music, her fingers deftly moving across the keyboard, the song reverberating through the room as the two enjoyed their time. Eventually Noémi stopped playing, reaching the end of the song.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]As the music ends, I clap. "Wow Nowmi. You are quite the piano player. You must have practiced for a long time."[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Not very much. There is always room for improvement, always." Noémi looks around the room. "Is there a clock around? I do not know how much time has passed".[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"There is, but it runs on mana, so neither of us are powering it right now. I'm pretty sure there is still plenty of time though, it was just one song after all."[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I suppose" Noémi starts playing another song, and keeps playing them, hoping to pass the time faster.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Me and Nowmi enjoy playing around until it is time for us to head to class. Waiting at the door for Nowmi, I'm looking forward to walking to class with her. "That was lots of fun. We should do it more often. I still have a lot of dance left in me."[/BCOLOR]

75kQeva.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If there is nothing else to do, perhaps" Noémi opens the door first, going inside to sit at a desk, all ready for class to finally begin, and for them to learn something for the first time.[/BCOLOR]

8PIVq7y.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Coming into class, I lay my head down on the desk, looking towards Nowmi. "I'll be looking forward to it."[/BCOLOR]

~ Nightmare, Reality or Vision? ~
Kaminari found his way to his room fine, letting out a sigh in relief as he shook his head. The day had felt longer than it should, but he finally found a use for the bed. Walking over to the bed, he plants himself down on it and closes his eyes, his mind fading out and falling into what felt like another world. Or so it seemed, but what happened next was... Well, a mystery. Suddenly, Kami felt pain, fear, heat and more as if the world was against him, and then, he woke up. He rose up into a sitting position, sweating, close to panicking as he shook his head and gripped it. He felt all over his head with his hands as if searching for something, but couldn't find anything there.

What could he remember from the dream, why had he been so scared? Had he been through a dream, or had something last night actually happened to him? Or maybe, a bit of both had swept over the night. Rising up to his feet, he feels a soft twinge of pain in his left leg as he nearly collapses. The pain is gone as soon as it had arrived, and Kami found himself regaining control over his own body and having both feet back on the ground. He checked over his left leg, but found nothing there, as he regains control over his breath. Shaking his head, he gets ready for class and tries to put the odd wake up behind him.

After an hour of time to get ready, he was ready to head to class and live a new life. However, as he headed off towards class, everything seemed to slow down around him and he felt his heart quicken. He found himself in a classroom, he couldn't see much of details, but he could tell that it was in some kind of building that he knew. Looking to the left for some reason, he saw a single desk with a shadowy figure sitting in it. The figure's head turns to look at him, as it's eyes glow red and an evil feeling came off from it. The desk breaks away, as the class becomes foggy and the fog darkens. The figure increases in size, the ground breaking underneath them as the figure was transforming into some kind of monstrous entity of a shape unknown to Kami. The shadow entity lets out a deafening roar before swiping one of it's hands at him.

That's when his mind returned to reality, and he found himself near the classroom. Did... did he magically move himself here, or had he been walking without knowing it? Now this was definitely weird, something was going on and he wasn't liking one bit of it. Still, he had class and he decided to put on a false face, making sure to keep what just happened behind him. But did it have to do with his dream, did it hold the answers to this strange dilemma, or would it just bring up more questions that he would better live without? That, would have to wait until later. He enters into the classroom, noting that people were already there, and decided to take a seat on the right row. He had no idea if they were supposed to be sitting in the same spots or not, but as far as he could tell, there was nothing saying they couldn't. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't nervous.
Don't worry, Mr. Kuigi.
The time will come soon enough
When you will %#&
And find me waiting.

The Darkness is close,
When the word *#@%!?< is spoken
The path will be clear.

Haruka - Habitual Studiousness
Haruka quietly made his way down the halls towards the library, he wasn't sure what he had in mind to read, but he'd figure something out, and the first thing that came to mind was tha Magi... There hadn't been many books about them in the previous libraries he'd visited, maybe a bit of what could be referred to as "propaganda" or some basic information but nothing more. As he walked along the halls, he finally reached the library, and upon doing so, he started scouring the many books, looking amongst them in any sections labeled under "M". It took him a while, but he eventually spotted a particularly thick book, it looked quite well taken care of though it's design stuck out a little from the others as it had a more "vintage" fashioned cover. Taking it out from the shelf with great care, he carried it over to a nearby table, sitting down in a chair nearby and opening up the book, there was thankfully a table of contents so he could easily navigate through any sections he already knew plenty about... It was uncommon for such a thing to occur, but he couldn't help wanting that convenience just incase.

Flipping open to the first few pages, he began reading through it, carefully studying the pages, at first it explained the basics of the Magi, how they had the unique ability of using abstract mana natures, and how the entire first generation of magic users were composed of Magi. However, he frowned when it mentioned how all of them were thought to have died out, it brought the interesting question if a few were still around, and if that was the case, maybe he'd be able to get an official word on if Magi descendancy really gave someone any "superiority" over people who weren't descendants. Though he still really doubted that to be true, after all, not knowing his heriarchy to the Magi was uncertain, his colleagues who all claimed to be descendants of the Magi themselves treated him like one of their own, there weren't any noticeable differences in the little amount of mana they had practiced in terms of such superiority they boasted about to others without the title of a Magi descendant.

Realizing he was getting carried away with his thoughts again, Haruka shook his head a little and continued reading, now he was starting to dig into the lesser known things... Sure it was common knowledge that the Magi were capable of great feats and most likely possessed more power than most if not all other Magic users, even the ones supposedly claiming to be stronger due to their believed heritage. However here, there were more specifics, the one he was reading about right now was their abilities to create permanent effects on items and/or locations, also known as enchanting, now THIS was really interesting to him. All of these locations and items have been scattered throughout the world, the big catch was that there was no known way of detecting such items or seeing the VIA magical means, but despite that, it seems some of them have been found. Their durability however after their recovery varied, some rather weak and often even fragile, others still as durable as they presumably were on their day they've been enchanted, and of course many others that fell in between the two. Many would be an exxageration though as only a few artifacts and locations were known.

The rest of the chapter consisted of various known expeditions and their findings, methods that people have used to track bloodlines to determine Magi heridity, quite complex ones, even in his view, and a list of races born outside of Magi bloodlines. However when he turned to the next chapter, it was filled with more of the known things, how high the Magi were regarded due to their personal establishment of society and magic as it is known in the current day, and of course, the mark of superiority having Magi bloodlines would be, how there was no confirmed way of truly finding that out. This was where Haruka stopped skimming a little, stopping after the short section explaining how many claimed that descendants of the Magi used mana more "purely" than others who have gained the ability to do so by living alongside them, again, an unproven assumption. The section he had stopped at explained how as ironic as it was, most born under a supposed Magi bloodline were merely conditioned to value heredity and were unaware of the belief of superiority... Perhaps that's why his colleagues were cocky, but maybe less aggressive than one would expect.

Before Haruka could further reflect on this though, he looked at the clock for a moment absent mindedly, realizing he had forgotten to power the clock in the room while he had been lost in thought and sighed a little. If classes had already started, he'd really be ashamed, so he made his way down the halls towards the classroom where he'd start his first class of the day with Laika, Noémi, and the other students. Quickly walking down the halls, avoiding the few people that passed him by, it slowly dawned upon him as he looked into the mostly vacant classrooms that he wasn't late at all. Since he had already begun walking though, he figured going to class early wouldn't hurt, after all, it was better than being late. Finally arriving at the classroom door, he quickly moved throughout the sides of the classroom until he had located the spot he sat in last time and promptly took his seat, patiently waiting for the teacher to arrive and the class to begin.​

Upon parting from Saemon's company, Serra found herself somewhat disoriented as to finding her accommodations in the dormitory. She'd been given a key and a room number. As to how she should go about finding the room, she is completely unaware. She could ask someone again but her pride compels her otherwise. She's relied enough on the kindness of strangers. She would find the room on her own. How hard could it be? Just as she comes to this conclusion, she comes across a topographical layout of the building. She feels her pride wounded regardless, that the world would choose to treat her so kindly. She begins on her way. The trip had taken a toll on her conscious. Rambunctious thoughts cross her mind despite her body having none of the energy to execute them. Serra's monotonous yet short trip instills a complacency into her mind. Racy thoughts about sleep lull her senses to an eager inclination to fall asleep. As Serra enters her room, she does just that, finding the nearest bed and laying on top without regard for anything else. She does not think to check whether she had left the front door open or wherever she had dropped her case as she ambled across the room. Serra has fallen into a deep slumber.

Morning comes about. Serra had overslept. Her standard habit was to wake at the brink of dawn. At this point in time, the sun is high above the horizon, huddled among the clouds. Serra pushes herself off the bed. She had fallen asleep face-first. Her cheeks and parts of her face are a hot red hue as such. Sitting at the edge of the bed, Serra rubs her face, hoping to wipe away the tingling sensation. It would, eventually, be time to go to class, unbeknownst to Serra. She spends some time treating her rosacea before collecting her wits about her. She examines the quaint room. It is rather large. Several furniture pieces reside about the room. She finally thinks to check the time. 8:00 AM. Two hours until class begins. She sighs. Knowing her unfamiliarity with the campus, it would take her just enough time to find the classrooms. She had not eaten for two days. Her body yearns for raw meat. She wonders if the academy would accommodate her palate. If not, she could call in a favor from her family. Problem being, she would have to wait some time for the food and likely eat something else raw. She chuckles, giggles a bit, at the thought of taking a bite out of another student. She would never, undoubtedly, she tells herself. Once her flushed face recovers, she undresses to her barest garments, lays on the floor and begins her morning exercise. She does as many as she could do, until her abdomen stings in burning sensation. She lets herself drop to the floor for several moments. She might as well start off to her class. She doesn't trust herself to find it in due time if she were to leave later. Serra pulls herself up to her feet. She pauses for a moment as the front door comes into view. She'd left it open overnight. She immediately proceeds to close the door. The slight thought of self-consciousness sits in her mind from having the door open while she was largely undressed but she doesn't think much of it. Her family might panic, seeing as its unbecoming of a royal Cruxian but her family is not here and she decides it is not important. Serra checks her luggage, making certain that nothing was taken lest some stranger entered the room the night before and stolen something. She doubts it. She would've noticed, unless it occurred right when she had fallen asleep.

Serra reviews her luggage a time or two. Nothing seems to be out of place. Well. Everything is out of place after she dropped the case last night but nothing is missing. She decides she'll organize and unpack her belongings after class. For now, Serra dresses properly, in her red military uniform, takes her school map and makes her way towards class. Her hunger pangs heavily, unfortunately. On the other hand, she finds her class with relative ease. She takes a seat near the front. Perhaps the teacher would walk in early. Serra sits, patiently. Very soon, Miss Evangeline walks into the classroom. She gives a dainty at Serra and takes a seat at the desk. Eva, "I don't believe I saw you about yesterday." Serra nods her head. Serra, "I apologize. I was delayed." She dips her head in respect. "I hope I did not miss anything." Miss Fortune, giggling, "You will be fine, youngling. Perchance, you will enjoy our lecture today. Luckily for you, it will be much more exciting than yesterday's. Least, I hope so."

Miss Fortune stands at the helm of the class. She taps the board to ensure everyone's attention is on her. "Good morning, everyone. I hope you're finding some comfort with the campus and everything is a little less foreign. I mentioned before that I would familiarize you all a little more with the language of magic, formerly known as Canon. If you could, Miki, please pass out the books about Canon. You do not have to read the book but reading it will help you greatly. At least, you'll have something to take home to prove to your families that you are actually learning something here." She smiles.

Miki deactivates her invisibility spell, appearing in front of Miss Fortune to grab the books. She has a slight blush across her face as she is easily found out by the teacher despite her best attempt at anti-sensor spells. "I'll pass them out. I know basic Canon, but I might be a bit rusty with it." Miki strays about the room, shyly and uncomfortably outside of her invisibility.

"Now, I'm sure you're all raring to start magicing up the room. Before we learn anything, it's essential we cover our bases, namely mine. There are several laws you need to keep in mind. They'll come naturally to you later on yet they are still serious considerations. All of these laws are written in your Book of Canon. Firstly, Law of Ultimate Responsibility. A mage is held responsible for anything they cast or summon. This law also dictates that teaching magic without first instructing students about these laws is illegal. Secondly, Law of Souls. Any magic that interacts with any kind of soul is punishable by death, on account of the Magic Counsel. Thirdly, Law of the Land. Wanton destruction, overuse of the environment and abuse or tampering with rare beasts, flowers and lay lines is under jurisdiction of the Magic Counsel. There are many more laws, also available in your textbook, but these are the ones that are required knowledge."

After passing out all of the books, Miki acknowledges the teacher, then restores her invisibility, much to her relief. The class was friendly enough, but Miki would prefer they not know where she was. Their stares made her feel extremely uncomfortable, making her mana rock violently through her body. The feeling was comparable to having all your blood vessels wiggle about your body.

"Now, you're probably all wondering who my beautiful assistant is. Miki, if you could please introduce yourself. She will assist me with you all now and then."

Miki sighs, realizing that she went invisible, only to have to introduce herself all over again. It would be rude to do it invisibly, and she wanted to at least let people know she existed, so she pushed herself up to the front of the room, standing next to Miss Fortune before becoming visible again. "My name is Miki. I come from Urbansia. My mana nature is light, and I often use it to become invisible. I have a fragile mana structure, so being with a lot of people makes my mana distort within my body. Even with just this many people, I don't feel comfortable, so I'm going to go invisible again, but I promise you are all wonderful and I'll be around to help." Miki becomes invisible again, feeling extremely relieved and tired from that performance. Moving back to her desk, she sits on the floor, leaning against the desk as she lets herself recover.

"Just wonderful, isn't she? If I recall, another of you was also of the light nature. I should have know, however, that your magic is unique to you and, with time, you'll learn how your magic wants to be used. The magic you make is your product and there'll be things that it likes to do and things that it doesn't. Having the same mana nature doesn't mean it works the same way for each of you. You'll discover for yourselves what your magic can do." Miss Fortune takes a stack of papers and starts to pass it around. "Here's some work for you to do until tomorrow. Think about Magic Law a little and, if need be, read up on them again in your textbooks. I'll be asking about them the next time you all come around."

1) A man spreading the wisdom of magic comes into town, and he teaches the children how to defend themselves from the panthers that often stray in. While defending themselves, one of those children accidentally burns down their house. What does magic law dictate about this?

2) What are you expecting from this class?

"Please answer the questions and bring the paper back with you next time. That'll be all for today. I'll be the nice one and let you off early again."

With that, Serra looks about the class. Perhaps others would stick around. She spots Saemon. She smiles, pleased that she's familiar with, at least, one of her classmates. Serra's pleased with the teacher's lesson. She feels confident that she'll learn much, considering the silent expertise the teacher portrayed when she spotted out the invisible student. Miki was really interesting as well. Considering how shy she was, Serra figures that she's long gone now.

For the princess, the class was awfully droll, and boring.

Again.

Oh how she wished she was back at her estate. Where they could get a real magic tutor to teach her, one who did not care about these silly laws, one who would teach her what she wanted to know, what she wanted to do.

Noémi sighed and slumped down against her desk. She saw the newcomer, Miki, but immediately dismissed her. What use was someone who only stayed invisible? Out of sight, out of mind, might as well not even waste the air she breathed. She thought maybe that was a bit harsh... but oh well. The Merciers were not known for overwhelming compassion, that's for sure. There was another new girl, but Noémi couldn't get a read on her. Something about her felt off... but she dismissed the thought. Thinking too much about others was a waste of mental activity, and a waste of her time...

Oh, was the teacher still talking? Noémi took the book handed out to her earlier by Miki after ignoring most of the rules about the magic laws, and opened it. It was all so basic, she had picked up most of Canon already, but it was SOMETHING. It was concrete magic education, and she sighed a bit in relief. She'd take it back to her room, devour it, and have the entire book memorized in a week, even sooner if her roommate would actually leave her alone.... Noémi knew that wouldn't happen.

After some more stuff about mana nature, the teacher passed out a stack of work to the classroom, and Noémi looked at it. Boring, easy work. Still barely anything about magic. She was frustrated, she wanted an education now. "A waste of my time, nothing but a waste..." Noémi muttered to herself, forgetting her habit of vocalizing her internal thoughts, especially in a tight room like this with others around her. But she didn't really care what others thought anyway, so it wasn't an issue. As the class is dismissed, she stays at her desk, writing down the answers to her paper very quickly, a little curious as to what Laika and Haruka were currently writing and/or doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.