The Art of Magic: IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haruka listened to Ms. Fortune talk carefully nodding after she was done speaking, it was just as he had hoped for; a school with very in depth education in terms of magic, much more than hed ever experienced with of course a few other required courses. Looking down at his questionaire, he read the questions over, they were basic ones thankfully, nothing too detailed, now, all he had to do was fill them out without elaborating too much on his answers like he was sometimes prone to do.

1. Have you learned magic before?
No, or at least very little.
2. What is your mana nature?
Sunlight
3. Have you learned Canon before?
No, I've only read about it.
4. Are you descended from a magi?
Yes
5. What are your hobbies?
Drawing, helping others
6. What is your aspiration?
Peace
7. What subject would you like to see us cover in this class?
Laws on the use of magic.

After he was finished, he looked over his answers a few times, a few of them he was rather non-specific on or were unsure of, but... It shouldn't matter too much, it was just a stupid questionaire, right? He let out a sigh before turning his paper over and letting himself relax back into his chair a little as he began to think about what subjects he'd want to cover in order to persue his ultimate goal. Polotics might be one, magics are a must, but, then what? What more would he need to accomplish his goals? He knew there must be at least a few more subjects out there he needed...

Reactions: Thundor
This didn't seem too bad, at least, not yet anyway. The teacher got her points across, Kaminari understood them and now he could move on to the quiz. Kami had no reason to lie really, but he also knew he didn't have to fully give out everything, after all, a school invading someone's personal affairs? That was just a ridiculous idea to consider, but he focused back on the quiz at hand. No wrong answers, huh? Either that's a way to give everyone some comfort about this, or it's just a mind trick to play with us and see how we answer the questions based around that. Man, I read too much into things sometimes. Like, seriously, I can't stop thinking about how I read too much that one time from that commercial. I still feel like puking over it.

Taking his writing utensil into his hand, he writes down on the paper and begins to answer the questions out one by one. Hopefully, they wouldn't press him on matters that didn't concern them, and if they did, well tough for them. His life, his rules, that was that.

"I don't believe I have. That's why I'm here, right?"

"Dragon. I know this by heart, I can't explain how I know, I just... Do. Is that weird?"

"Learned? Well, define learn. I know that I can hear it, understand it, but I can't use it. Well, maybe that's weird too. I dunno."

"As far as my father told us, yes, I am. Also, I like the word Magi for some reason. Magi, Magi, Magi! It just rolls off my tongue by now, because I love the word. Maybe if they made a food based around the word, they'd make millions! Magi Pizza, Magi Broccoli... Magi Cake! Whoops, got off topic, sorry!"

"My hobbies? Oh, yeah! I like to run, I like to play the piano, I like to swim, I can do some form of dancing... I think. I don't know if I'd call it dancing, it's more like, I move around and around and just can't stop. I think it's called spinning in place. I wonder where it originated from? Maybe some famous Magi dancer! Does that sound weird? I like to read, like, a lot. When I'm not doing much else, I just read. And read. And read. Man, this is going on way longer than I thought it would. We should have a dancing class put in the school! That'd be great."

"My what now? Oh, I think I know what you mean. Aspire to be something you aren't yet. Always fun and always cool to do, right? No, wait, I think they call that by something already. I think they call it roleplaying. Most people I knew tell me only nerds do that, but I don't see what's the problem with it. I like to roleplay as a monster, boom, bam, crash! Right on the enemy monsters and then go back to where I came from. Yay! Oh, wait, that's not my aspiration. My aspiration isn't to be the best roleplayer in the world. Although that sounds like a fun hobby to do, let's make a roleplaying class! Oh, know what would be even better? To roleplay with text!

Okay, but uh, my aspiration? I kinda just wanna learn more about magic, and master it. What do I mean by this? Wait, that's not an official question, or is it? I dunno, I feel like answering it anyway, so I'm gonna. Well, what i mean is, I don't know much about magic, and I wanna learn as much about it as I possibly can! As for mastering it, that's pretty self-explanatory! So there you go!"

"Dragons? Is that too much to ask? Like, seriously, I love hearing people talk about them a lot, even though most people I know say they haven't seen an actual Dragon. I feel like I'm missing out on something. Oh, I sure would love to know more about them! How they use magic, how they live their lives, how they make friends, that'd be great! It'd be so much fun to do!"

• Love
Reactions: Oniichan
Saemon listened intently on what Miss Fortune was saying as she passed out the quiz/questionnaire. He was a little skeptical at the "No wrong answers" bit, but he ultimately discarded the thought; he wouldn't be tricked on the first day... right? The young man fiddled with his pencil, twirling it between his fingers as he examined the sheet of paper with more focus that most would deem necessary. How he responded to this quiz would be his first impression to the teacher, so Saemon obviously wanted it to be as flawless as he could make it.

Not really. I've only been taught theoretical things and have never practiced.

Ghost

I have learned basic Canon syntax during my time at the monastery, but nothing more.

I honestly have no idea.

I like to cook, play board games, spar, read, and explore

I wish to become the best. I want to make a name for myself that will last through time.

Not really a subject, but can we go on a field trip? It would be great to actually go out and see what we're learning.

Satisfied with his answers, Saemon laid his pencil down and swept his eyes around the classroom curiously. Some students were obviously more interested in this class than others, he noticed. The aspiring mage was actually glad for some of the students' apparent laziness; it would make it that much easier to establish himself on the top.

[BCOLOR=transparent]((*collab between myself and Luna*))[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax is quiet as he listens patiently to the rest of the students talking about themselves. So there are seven of them. It's not a big class at all, but that's okay. None of them describe anything that provokes images in his mind, disappointing as that is for the young blind man. He then listens to the teacher's words. He is quiet, wondering why her words are descriptive enough that he should see something, yet he doesn't. There is probably some reason, perhaps she has a magical barrier of some sort, but it distresses him. He listens further as she describes the curriculum for that year, becoming rather frustrated that he can't see anything.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He is quiet as she walks around the classroom, handing out the beginning tests that the class will have to complete. He is quiet for a moment, thinking about how he is going to complete a written test that he cannot see. Before he can say anything, though, the teacher sweetly asks him if he needs help, and then says to ask a neighbour. He nods his head slightly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes," he says, "I would appreciate some help. All I need is for somebody to read me the questions, I can actually write quite well as long as I know what to write." If he had the ability to see, it is likely that he would turn and look around the class for somebody willing to help him. With no way of identifying whether or not they're willing, however, he decides instead to sit quietly and see if anybody offers to take him up on his request.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After finishing her own test, still feeling down about lying, Laika noticed nobody came to Dax's aid. Feeling bad that she hadn't come to help Dax sooner, Laika comes over to Dax. She looks for a place to sit, but after not immediately finding something, simply sits atop Dax's lap without even thinking to ask for permission. "I don't mind helping out. You just need me to read the words right?" I glance curiously towards Dax, looking into his blank eyes as if he could see mine back through them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax was quiet. He heard footsteps come by him and pause, and he wondered what was going on - but before he could formulate any theories, he felt Laika plop herself gently down in his lap. He blinked his blank white eyes in surprise, his mouth falling open slightly before he shut it again.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I - yes, that's all I need," he replied. "I'm actually able to write on my own, so as long as I have paper I can write down the answers myself and you don't need to, so yeah, it's just reading…" His voice trailed off to a slight mumble, realizing that he was almost babbling - almost. Perhaps it was just the shock of her actions. He was quiet after that, almost certain that she was looking right at him - he was familiar with the sensation of feeling like somebody was watching you, he was simply never able to check.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Laika giggles happily, not so much at Dax and more like because of how nervous he was. It only just now occurred to Laika that Dax was still a guy, so of course he'd have this kind of reaction. She thought quietly to herself, "Oh well, looks like I'm just going to roll with it." Laika reads over the entire test, so that Dax can see the test. Then she simply waits patiently for Dax to complete the test just in case she needed to repeat herself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax watched as the test appeared in his mind, Laika's words showing him exactly what she saw as she looked down at his paper - though she only read what was on the paper, he could see the gentle golden-brown of the desk's surface, the position of the paper, and exactly where the words were. He brought his pencil to the paper and began to write, easily able to remember the questions and their positions so that he could write in the proper places.[/BCOLOR]

Only the required high school courses, never outside of that.

Picture

No

I don't know

Learning new things, exploring, swimming, and drawing.

To extend my understanding of my natural abilities, ultimately to get a career working with the police force as a human lie detector.

I'm not sure yet.
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax sat for several long moments thinking about whether or not to include his dad as one of his aspirations - his job would be nice, of course, but to find out about his dad was even more important to him, in a way. He wasn't sure what to write for the final question - he didn't need to study magical application outside of school or in the workforce because he already knew what he wanted to do, and he wasn't sure whether or not other aspects of magic that he had yet to study would interest him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Seeing that Dax had finished, Laika chimes, "Need me for anything else?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax gave a shake of his head, smiling in the direction from which her voice had come. "I should be good," he responded softly. "Thank you."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Laika smiles back at Dax, hopping in a bound off of his lap and back into her own seat.[/BCOLOR]

Ms. Fortune watches the students go about the exercise. Their reactions please her immensely deep inside. Any reaction from her students that isn't incredibly dull excites her. The ordeal between Dax and Laika makes her chuckle a little more than her usual countenance. Once everyone seems to have completed their sheet, Ms. Fortune walks about collecting them. She places the pile of papers on her desk and returns to her standard position, front and center. "I'll have a look-see at the papers later on." She looks around at her students' faces. "Are you all familiar with the campus? I won't start teaching any material until tomorrow." She puts her finger to her cheek in thought for several moments. "How about... We take a little test run to see your native magical output frequency. After that, I'll let you all go free on a condition." She reaches into her bag on her desk and retrieves an odd-looking device. It looks like a chalice but it has no adornments. It's a pearly white color and looks to be made of rock. If one were to feel it, however, it would feel like steel, cold and heavy. Ms. Fortune places the chalice on her desk. She pulls out a bottle of water from her bag and fills the chalice. "Now, one by one, I'd like you all to come up and place your hands at the side of the chalice. Focus into it adequately and the water will react. Let me demonstrate. Please huddle about." Ms. Fortune pulls the desk away from the wall so that the students would have space to stand about. Once everyone has moved up, she places her hands into it and exerts her mana into the chalice. The water starts to boil and turns to steam at an alarming rate. She refills the chalice. "Once you've done this, keep note of what happens to the water. I'll discuss the subject in greater detail another day. I'll be noting it in case you forget later." She pulls out a notebook from her baggage, ready to record each student. "After you've completed this, pair up with a partner. Since you're all new to the academy, I'd like you all to have time to explore and survey the campus without masses of students flooding the hallways. There is about an hour left in this class so I expect you to stay paired up for about half that long at least."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Noémi does open her eyes to see that something new is happening, yawning, she stands up and moves to the front of the class with everyone else, looking increasingly bored. 'How droll, just making water boil is such a lame waste of time. We should be doing much, much more.' she thinks, watching the demonstration. Still, to her, it is her natural obligation to be the first to show off her talents to the gathered students. After all, they need to see how a real mage does things, or so she thinks to herself, and Noémi is quite delighted at the thought of teaching them all their place.

"I'll go first, of course", she speaks, moving ahead of everyone else, placing her hands on the chalice. She focused hard on the cup, but nothing happened. "This stupid thing must be broken, let me try again..." Focusing with a much more concentrated look, her frustration with the thing slowly rising, she places her hands on the chalice again. For the first second, nothing happens, then the cup starts shaking violently. "Is it working...?" she asks, before with a gasp, the contents of the cup explode, completely dousing her with the water as it erupts out of the cup. "Aah, my goodness, what is with this thing? Your device is clearly malfunctioning!" Gasping and sputtering, the front of her dress soaking, Noémi backs off, irritated at the whole ordeal. She pushes the cup back towards the teacher and goes to take her seat. "Hmmph, this whole thing is just a silly waste of time. You're all just a silly waste of my time." She pouts, crossing her arm and looking away from everyone, her face turning red in embarrassment.

After Ms. Fortune has finished speaking, Haruka was about to stand up before Noémi managed to do so before him, with a mild sigh he let her go first figuring it wasn't a big deal. Her rather rude comments were a little aggravating though, but deep down he knew there was more to it than what she was showing on the outside. Despite her comments, she did indeed suggest that she wanted to go first after a little bit of complaining which further confirmed what he was thinking may be true, he was interested to see what she was capable of despite her words. As she placed her hands on the chalice and attempted to focus her mana into the water, nothing seemed to happen and she looked very frustrated with the results which were understandable but at the same time this frustration may pose a problem, or at least he felt that way about it. As she gained a more concentrated look, she placed her hands on the chalice again and nothing happened at first, but when the cup began to shake rather violently, Haruka had a very distinct feeling something was wrong, Noémi was hopefull that her efforts may bear fruit though which Haruka really hoped was the case. Then, the contents of the cup seemed to "explode" or more accurately, erupt from the cup dousing her with water, she was understandably flustered about the situation and it made him pity her a little. Slinking away from the group of students for the time being and heading towards his desk, he went to his bag of belongings which he carried with him for the time being and dug around. Getting through a few sets of clothes and other belongings he found a towel which he promptly took out of the bag, walking towards Noémi's desk and placing down the towel gently without a word, he hoped the action would be adequate enough.

Then he made his way to the front of the room intending to take his turn "I'm going next." he said just loud enough for Ms. Fortune to hear him, waiting until she had refilled the chalice before he placed both of his hands around the chalice closing his eyes. He started to focus as hard as he could all the while staying relaxed attempting to channel the mana within him into the cup itself, at first the water did nothing, but after a few moments it started to give off a golden glow becoming brighter and brighter forcing him to look away from it to avoid damaging his eyes. Soon enough, the light faded and Haruka looked back at the chalice; it was now devoid of any water, there was what looked like steam rising from the cup almost looking like smoke at first glance. The results of his concentration perplexed him but he didn't say anything, mentally taking note of the water's reaction for a moment before he removed his hands from the chalice and walked towards his own seat sitting down, a distinct feeling that he had forgotten to do something washing over him. Turning beside him to look at his bag absent mindedly, he realized he had left it open when he had been digging around it for a towel, a few sets of clothing that oddly resembled the set he was wearing right now was exposed, which he promptly resolved by closing the bag again and averting his gaze, he really hoped no-one had noticed that... It was too early today to worry about something like this.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Kami decided it was his turn next, and stood up as he made his way over towards the chalice. He eyed it cautiously, he wondered if he could really make something happen from just doing as she had told them. He figured it was best to just go along with it for now and see if anything happened, which he hoped would not be the case. He extends his arms out as he grabs a hold of the chalice with both hands and proceeds to focus, staring down into the water as if he was actually about to see something. This is a trick, right? This is just to test us out or see if we have something others don't, well, whatever. Not like this will really do anything to me, what's it done so far to other people? Throw water out at them, make the water vanish into thin air? Basic magic tricks, I say!

That's when the chalice started to feel hot to Kami's touch, and he wondered if the teacher had done something to it to make it act up like this. However, he found he was unable to let go of the chalice, as it grew hotter to his touch. He tightens his grip on the chalice, struggling mentally to get free of the chalice, but something kept him from being unable to let go of it. He looks into the water now with a serious look, hoping that there was a point to this, that there was a reason for his suffering right now, and that's when it happened. Suddenly, the walls broke down around him, the people vanishing as the desks and board are all blown away into darkness around him. His heartbeat started to race, he had no idea what was going on, only the chalice remained, but he kept looking back at the water in the chalice. The chalice only grew hotter in his grip, the pain intensifying with it, he was questioning if he was going insane or not.

After what felt like an eternity of silence in the darkness, a growl suddenly came to his ears. He looked back in the water, but found something staring back at him. A pair of eyes, eyes that did not look like any eyes he had laid upon before. They seemed to urge him to look up, but he feared of what he would see when he did, but something in him made him raise his head up, and that's when he saw the same eyes from before, but bigger. Now, standing before him was a large creature he had never seen before, and it terrified him, he had not been ready for this. The creature lets out a strange, yet powerful roar at him, as flames run over his form. He felt his entire body suddenly burning, and he finally closes his eyes, screaming out.

In reality, it had only been a moment's time of him just staring into the water, before he suddenly screams out and drops the chalice, backing away from it as if out of fear. He kept his eyes closed, he felt weak, like he had just gotten out of a fire. Collapsing to his knees, he opens his eyes to look down at his hands... And found steam coming from them. The pain was real, the heat had been real, the horror he felt had been real. He couldn't stop his hands from shaking, it felt like he had been trapped in a nightmare, no, not even that! What had happened was unlike anything he could describe, for the first time, he had come across something he could not explain. He did not bother to move from where he now knelt for a bit before realizing how strange he must of looked. Rising up to his feet slowly and with some trouble, he walks over to the fallen chalice and picks it back up, looking at the water that had fallen out because of him dropping it. The chalice shook in his grasp, he couldn't hold it without feeling his hand in pain, but he managed to put it back on her desk. "I -- I apologize..." He managed to get out, before making his way back to his desk. Upon sitting back down in it, his head collapses down onto it, he felt like he was about to throw up.​

Although I never thought myself to be so mean-spirited, I can't help but laugh a bit when Noémi makes a small explosion of water. I'm at the very least, courteous enough to not make a stupid remark about the incident, but clearly this is too perfect for me not to say anything about it at some point in time. I mean seriously, I knew Noémi was violent, but this is a whole different level. As my sides stop hurting from laughter, I look up to make sure she wasn't taking it too bad. While I believe after the way she treated me, I deserved a good laugh, I didn't actually want her feelings hurt. When I look over towards her however, I find myself taken aback a bit. She didn't have that princess look about her at all. She actually looked kind of vulnerable... Just looking makes me embarrassed. I mean, how am I supposed to look at a soaking wet tsundere who is red in the face for embarrassing herself without being at least a little attracted to it. That does effectively shut me up for a while. I was excited to go second, but I would need a short time to compose myself. So I instead watch the next few attempts, trying not to look over to the side.

That was interesting enough. Haruka was honestly a real sweetheart. Even though he was obviously bothered by Noémi, that didn't stop him from extending a small kindness. Watching him give Noémi the towel made me feel a little bad about how I choose to handle the situation. I'll need to learn something from his... Haruka ends up making his water simply evaporate. It seems fitting since he had sunlight mana, but honestly it is hard to tell exactly what drives the chalice. While my current guess was that it made the water do what water would do if the mana came into contact with it, it is really hard to say with only two samples.

And with what happened next, I am glad I didn't make that assumption. Kaminari seemed like such a happy-go-lucky type, that I'd never expected him to have such a terrifying reaction to the chalice. I mean, almost immediately after grabbing hold of the chalice, he looked something awful. Maybe he is one of those types that acts happy on the outside so that people don't have to worry about what he truly thinks. Probably a bit of a knee-jerk reaction on my part since it could just be that he is scared of dragons, and honestly I can't blame him since they are pretty powerful, but he did seem like an unusually happy person. I mean, I thought I was a pretty over-the-top happy person until I met him, so I guess I can't help but think there is more. But regardless, it seems like a good time for me to take the chalice. Everyone else might be scared after that performance, so I should lighten the mood. Getting out of my desk, I walk back first, patting Kaminari on the back, then head up to the front.

Grasping hold of the chalice, I close my eyes to concentrate. The water starts to glow a bright gold hue as it begins to flow upward in a helix shape until there is no water left in the chalice. Then, the water fuses together in a five pointed star shape. Then, the water begins to drain through another helix sprout, flowing all over my body. It starts from the top of my head, and spreads downward and underneath my clothes; all the while still glowing brightly. When it reaches my feet I can't help but find it ticklish. Having lost my focus, the water stops glowing and becomes regular water, leaving every inch of my body soaked. This must be karma for laughing at Noémi, so I'll take it with good tastes. Laughing out loud at myself, "Looks like I messed up." My laugh is actually quite cheerful, like I had fun with the experience. Though after laughing like this for a short time, I turn to ask the teacher a question. "Though, I'm confused Ms. Fortune. If we have to concentrate to make the water do stuff, then how do we know what happened while we were trying to concentrate?" I probably was just being a bit overkill in my concentration though, since the others had no trouble at all.

The mystical chalice Miss Fortune presented to the class was rapidly peaking Saemon's interest. It seemed to uniquely react to every individual mana nature that was applied to it, if the teacher was correct. He decided to step up towards the end of the group, since then he'd have a foundation set by the others to top.

Noémi was the first to go, waking up from her boredom nap and arrogantly gripping the chalice. It did nothing at first, much to her frustration (and Saemon's amusement; serves her right!). She tried again with more effort, as if staring at a cup required any. As her frustration grew, so did the energy in the chalice, until the water inside gushed violently all over Noémi's dress. Saemon couldn't help but laugh, but fought to contain himself out of whatever respect he had for the girl. As she turned around, he couldn't help but notice that she was wearing a white and light pink dress that was thoroughly soaked, causing the fabric to become somewhat see-through to her obvious embarrassment. Saemon found himself staring for several seconds before forcing his eyes back on the chalice, a hint of pink dusting his cheeks.

Clearing his mind, Saemon observed Haruka go next. The water started shining brightly and evaporated. Nothing fancy there, so it didn't beg his attention as much.

Kaminari was next in line. He seemed like quite the cheerful fellow, so Saemon didn't expect much from him. However, Kami proved to be quite surprising. As he grasped the chalice, his features became quite dark for a moment. His experience with the mystical grail seemed to have legitimately terrified him. It seemed that the reaction the object in question performs isn't always positive.

Laika went after Kaminari. Her display of starlight was quite dazzling, to say the least. She was always so happy, so Saemon was happy as well, as was most of the class. For some reason, she ended up just as soaked as Noémi at the end of her performance. Okay, now destiny's torturing me, Saemon thought to himself, forcing his eyes to his desk as his face grew hot again.

He suddenly found the idea of taking the chalice next very appealing, so Saemon volunteered to go next. As he tentatively gripped the cup, he couldn't help but feel nervous. With a mana nature like Ghost, he couldn't expect anything less than sunshine and rainbows. Saemon closed his eyes and tried to focus as intensely as he could onto the chalice. The first thing the student mage noticed was how cold it was becoming. Encouraged by the immediate change, he pressed forward. The next response was more... unsettling. Saemon began to hear laughter. It wasn't even in his mind; everyone in the classroom could now hear a low, whispering chuckle. It was coming from the water in the chalice. Saemon immediately opened his eyes and gazed into the cup. The water inside had turned to thick, icey, crimson blood and was beginning to overflow. The laughter had escalated into maniacal hysterics as the now blood-filled chalice was drenching Saemon's hand and the table.

As a final note, the cackling voice ceased, but another hand had found its way to the chalice. Standing opposite of Saemon was something the boy had never seen before. It was a dark, transparent, shadowy figure that had a striking similarity to Saemon himself. He could almost consider it a perfect clone, if it didn't look so... dead. It's scarlet eyes rose to meet Saemon's grays in perfect synchronization to the mage himself. However, before Saemon could question anything, the phantasm vanished into a puff of smoke.

"...Spooky," was all that Saemon managed to utter, releasing the goblet and inspecting both it and his hand. The doppelganger may have disappeared, but the blood remained, as it stained both his hand and the chalice itself. A pool of the substance had formed on the table as well, and was beginning to drip onto the floor. "I think I made a bit of a mess," he said partially to himself, giving an awkward laugh. "I'll be back once I find something to clean this up with," he announced, leaving the classroom to find the nearest restroom. Saemon returned with a full roll of paper towels in hand as he got to work to mop up as much blood as he could so the next student in line could go.

Mika watched quietly from the back of the group as Ms Fortune explained and demonstrated. "Awesome," she thought, "water is the only thing I know about magic, this will be easy." Mika was prepared to volunteer to go first but, was beat to it by Noémi the beautiful self centered princess. As per her usual demeanor she arrogantly took the chalice and after a while of nothing but her own irritability with the chalice rising the water suddenly exploded, soaking her pretty white dress. The water made her dress slightly translucent and gave a glimpse of the equally pretty lace underwear she had on. Mika couldn't help but get flustered at the site of the embarrassed young girl's wet body, she starred as Noémi sat down defeated in her seat.

After a moment Mika managed to avert her eyes, knowing that if she were in the position Noémi was she wouldn't want anybody eyeballing her under garments. Mika took a moment to regain her composure and by the time she had the one of the boys was screaming at the chalice. "Maybe this is more difficult than I thought." Mika said to herself as she slinked back and decided to wait for some others to go first.

The other girl stepped forward next, she was also really pretty. And at first it seemed like she had a knack for magic until, again, she was as wet as Noémi. Mika was just glad Laika had much darker colored clothes on. Next Saemon stepped up and put on a very unique show that Mika could stand to never see again. After he cleaned up after himself it was just Mika and Dax, who was blind so probably had no idea what was going on, so Mika decided to step forward.

She took the Chalice in both hands and looked out at the class, most of which were watching. This was the first time that Mika noticed that she was the only non-human student in the class, she certainly was the freak in the room even with the elf present. Mika looked back down into the water and tried not to imagine the other's, certainly negative, thoughts about her appearance.

After a moment the water in the chalice assumed a white glow and began to pour over the top of the cup as if it were overflowing. The water ran up Mika's arms covering them in a layer of glowing liquid, then it began to seep into her pores. The feeling was invigorating, but she had never done this before, what was going on exactly. Mika looked back up saw the two girls soaked and thought, "as long as that doesn't happen to me too." Then Mika felt like she couldn't breath, like all the water had passed directly into her lungs. Mika gasped for air. And then as if she were puking coughed up all the water right back into the chalice.

Mika caught her breath then turned a deep red. She wiped the last of the water from her chin and slithered back to the back of the room, careful not to make eye contact with any of the students that now certainly thought she was some sort of "Disgusting spitting snake girl."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax lifted one hand to brush a loose strand of hair from his face, not because it obstructed his vision, but because it tickled his forehead. He didn't bother getting up when the teacher said to gather around and watch, simply because he knew that he couldn't, and he wasn't picking up any flashes of imagery from anyone because no one spoke when the teacher did. He waited once she asks who wants to go first - he'd volunteer if he had to, but the haughty voice he recognized as Noémi opted to go first. He listened quietly as she made her way to the chalice, hearing her footsteps on the classroom floor, and then her complaints that the chalice wasn't working. He smiled a bit to himself, even moreso when he heard her gasps and the sounds of water splashing against the floor.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He listened as everyone else went. The chilling laughter that filled the room when Saemon took his turn left the blind man feeling uneasy. There were some students whose turns left him able to guess what had happened, such as when Kami burst out screaming and the sound of the chalice hitting the floor filled Dax's ears and the splashing that followed Laika's turn, but others left him baffled - Haruka was utterly silent when he took the chalice, for example, and when Mika took her turn, all he could hear was choking and spluttering for a moment before the sounds of her footsteps retreated to the back of the room.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Soon, only Dax was left. He stood from his chair, having paid close attention to where everyone else had moved after taking their turns. He made his way to where all the others had stood, and putting his hands in front of him, moved them until they brushed against the chalice. He smiled a bit, his white eyes staring blankly ahead of him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Laika does pose a good question," he said softly. "I'd like somebody to tell me what happens." And with that said, he grasped the chalice with both hands. He didn't close his eyes because it truly made no difference, simply relaxed and began to concentrate. He felt magic flowing through his very veins, and he began to focus it into the chalice, hoping for the best results.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The water briefly flashed white, almost like the flash of a camera. As if projected from the chalice, a white light fluttered upwards and formed a wide, inverted triangle of light above the cup. Images began to appear in the light, almost like the chalice had become an old-fashioned movie projector. The first image was of a beautiful young woman with dark brown eyes and brown hair that was loose and thick. She looked exhausted and her eyes appeared full of tears, but there was a loving smile on her face as she looked down at where the camera would have been had this been an actual picture. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]More images began to flash by. A blonde teenager laughing and smiling at the camera, a kind-looking man with dark skin waving, and the brunette from the first image in a white gown at a weding altar beside that same dark-skinned man. Anyone who knew Dax would realize quickly that these were images that Dax would have seen if he hadn't been blind - his mother gazing lovingly at him after he was born, a babysitter, his stepfather, and the wedding. The images were all from Dax's own eyes, things that he had never seen because he could see only through the eyes of others.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The images continued to flash past in the light, speeding up somewhat the further into his life they got. Dax chasing a small boy who could just barely walk, obviously his half-brother. Dax's mother sitting on the couch and Dax's little hands reaching out towards the little pink bundle in her arms. Dax's little hands pulling apart a toy car, snapping the wheels right off. Dax's first day of school as he looked in the direction of the teacher at the front, a little pigtailed girl with her hands on her lips and her nose wrinkled up as she spoke to him, and Dax's mother with a big, round belly. Grubby little hands burying two halves of a broken spoon in the yard. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The pictures kept on coming, chronologically projecting images of Dax's life for the whole classroom to see. His high school life, where he spent his time sitting alone and not seeing the students talking about him and laughing at him, was painted as a time of great misery, but Dax had truly enjoyed himself because he was so blind to their gestures. There came the image of a teary-eyed young teenage girl with frizzy dark hair talking to him, and another very similar girl who looked much older bursting into tears before throwing herself into her brother's open arms for comfort. There came only a few images of his police work, mostly glimpses at criminals he'd spoken to and courtrooms he'd addressed, and finally, his first day here, at the Academy, as there came an image of the hallways, an image of Laika in his lap, and the final image was of the chalice itself, projecting that first image of Dax's mother. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The light vanished, becoming a wispy smoke that quickly dissipated. Dax was silent, still holding the chalice, but he felt the flow of magic within him beginning to slow. Though many images had flashed by in the chalice, it hadn't been even two minutes, and he wasn't sure what had happened. No horrifying sounds had filled the room, he hadn't found himself soaked like Noémi and Laika surely were, and as far as he knew, nothing had happened. He was silent, trying to concentrate more magic into the chalice, but it wouldn't work. He lowered his hands and took a tentative step back.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I - did it work..? Did anything happen?" he asked slowly, a frown coming across his lips. He didn't want to be known as the only person in the class who hadn't been able to make anything happen in the chalice.[/BCOLOR]

"Well. Those are certainly not the worst reactions I've seen to the chalice. It's given me better insight into your magic." Ms. Fortune takes a swig from the bottle of water she using to refill the chalice, finishing the remainder. "Dax. The chalice reacted to your memories particularly. You could ask your classmates about details." She pauses for a moment, in thought. "Anyways, thank you all for that. Some time, I'll tell you all stories of other reactions to the chalice. If you're wondering what it is, its a Turnian Chalice. They are rather pricey as the material they are made with is only found in a particular region and it takes very high craftsmanship to forge one. If you are ever interested in gauging your mana's direction or subconscious concerns, do acquire one. It consumes water with every use and I would advise you not use it several times in a day, because it is particularly receptive to mana and multiple uses could strain on your reserves." She proceeds to put away the chalice, then turns back to the class, who're still scattered after departing from their seats. "Pair up, now. You've nearly an hour to walk about."

New Event!
RSA Day of Dance

In the cafeteria, students gather for the Academy's Annual Day of Dance, known for being held on the first day of classes, to celebrate the new and old class of students as well as create a social environment for them. A band is playing merry music that fills the cafeteria and attracts students. Many students are already engaged in bouts of excited movements, near the open areas of the cafeteria. Most, who are there for the food, watch, amused.

New Event!
Vi Is For Vivienne

Vivienne stands at the hallway between the main hall and the cafeteria, passing out flyers for a future event.

Noémi takes the towel without even looking at him, and dries herself off as she watches the rest of the displays. 'Hmph' she thinks to herself, not particularly interested in what everyone else is doing. 'I suppose my magic was just too good for such a flimsy device. Figures that it couldn't handle me.' She doesn't notice the guys ogling her, not realizing that her undergarments were visible through her dress. Fortunately, as the air dried her clothes, her dress began to conceal them again. She does see Laika laughing at her, and gets a bit angry. 'How dare she, she only wishes she could be half the mage I am'. Still, it feels a little redeeming when Laika gets soaked herself, Noémi can't help but giggle at that sight.

As the last person examined the cup, and the teacher talked, Noémi rolled her eyes. She didn't need to partner up with anyone, instead, she would go and examine the school on her own. There would have to be something interesting here, something to make up for the dreariness of the day. Plus, she was still irritated at the whole cup, and knew if anyone were to try and talk to her, they would get a real earful. The second Miss Fortune was done talking, she walked out of the room, leaving the borrowed towel laying haphazardly on the table, not even bothering to hear if anyone was going to come with her, not bothering to see what anyone else would be doing.

Noémi wandered the halls of the ancient school. It really was like a castle inside, and even she could admire the beauty of it. She found herself talking out loud, not noticing anyone near here to overhear. "This is a beautiful castle at least. I would love if my family and I could live in a place like this someday. They deserve so much better, it's a shame what has happened." She passed a girl handing out flyers, but she didn't stop to take one, being social was NOT on her list of things to do today. She wanted to avoid anybody and everybody who went to this school, because Noémi knew she had so much more potential than them. Eventually, she came to a large room, with people dancing inside of it, a bit past the girl handing out flyers. It looked like some sort of school dance, which was odd, as it was only the first day of school, and Noémi thought most places held dances at the end, not the beginning. It was a little curious, and a small part of her thought that dancing and listening to music might be a little fun. She decided to sit at the door and look inside the room, feeling a little awkward. On one hand, someone of her stature wouldn't be caught dead in a school dance, participating in silly little activities like this was a waste of an education. On the other hand, she'd like nothing more than to be like the students around her, not having a care in the world, and just get caught up in all the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Collaborative between Luna, York, and Fi. Covers the time period 10AM-11AM.

Haruka let out a sigh as Noemi had left the room, waiting for the teacher to finish talking, listening to her before he started walking towards the door attempting to catch up to Noemi. However before he did so, he remembered to pick up his towel which Noemi had thankfully put down on her desk before she left.

As Haruka starts walking out the door with his towel, I sneak up behind him with a surprise attack hug!

"Uh… Wha-?" Haruka gasped, this sudden movement caught him by surprise… What's more is he'd never had anything like this happen to him before surprisingly enough. He felt himself blushing a little at the situation he was in.

I smile brightly, "Hey, I know this is sudden, but I wanted to say how cool it was how you helped Noemi like that. I was a little hard on her, so it is a good thing you stepped in like that." I remain oblivious to the fact that I'm not exactly dry myself up until about this moment. "Oh, opps. I'm pretty wet myself huh?"

Haruka nodded, still feeling a little awkward "It's nothing… Really." he said trying his best to be modest. Though when Laika mentioned that she was still rather wet from what had happened in class, he became distinctly aware that a little water was starting to drip onto his clothes, but he tried not to pay too much attention to it. "That's fine… I guess you can use my towel too." he said offering the towel he was holding to Laika a little awkwardly.

I look up at Haruka smiling, but with a bit of reluctance. "Well, it would be nice, but I'm not sure how to tell you why I don't want to do that(Noemi used that towel, and I don't trust myself). Instead, I'll just say thanks. You really are a sweetheart. I was just planning on going back to my room to get changed, but I want to meet up later, so I was wondering what you were planning."

Haruka looked a little confused when she refused but he nodded and kept a hold of it. What she said next made him blush a little again but he didn't say anything until she was finished speaking, "Oh, uh… I planned on walking around for a little." Haruka said quietly, he was only saying part of the reason he was walking out. "I don't mind meeting up someplace though." He adds trying not to sound strange or anything.

I nod happily, starting to head for my room as I talk, "Well, why don't we meet up behind the administrative building. There is something fun I have in mind."

Haruka smiles a little and nods, though looking down at his rather damp clothes he realized he might need to get changed himself… It would probably be for the best not to lug around his bag all day anyways. He waved back in Laika's direction quietly before taking out the map he had received in the mail of the school premises. Studying it carefully, he located where his room was marked rather quickly and started walking towards it.

As Haruka continues down the same path as me, I realize that he is heading towards the dorms too. Turning around on my heels, I walk backwards briefly as I look back at Haruka. "Are you looking for the dorms too?"

Haruka turned around surprised to see Laika behind him and nodded before he turned back and continued on. Soon, he found a set of double doors which he carefully opened quietly. Looking around, the environment around him has changed a little, the walls seemed a little more home-like to him. Checking the map one last time, he finally made it to his room; 213.

When Haruka doesn't respond, I assume that he is just really bad with maps, so I turn to walk properly. When I arrive at my dorm however, I find an interesting surprise. Haruka stopped at the same room as me. We couldn't have the same room could we? "Ummmm, Haruka, by chance is this your room?"

Haruka looked at the room and nodded slowly, it seemed they were partnered together… Looking closer at the door, there seemed to be a note taped to it, a sort of notice perhaps? He took it off the door and started reading through it. It seemed there was a 3rd roommate too; Noemi. "I guess we're not the only ones in here either…" Haruka said, mumbling a little to himself as he looked up towards Laika after he was done reading the piece of paper.

The note reads "Dear students. Due to space issues and room conflicts this semester, room 213 will include one student more than the standard capacity. The following 3 students are the correct residents of room 213.

Laika Homato
Haruka Yoshi
Noémi Mercier

A spare bed and study table has already been provided. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and this situation is temporary until alternate accommodations can be provided.

Housing Office"

As I finish reading the card, I look slightly flabbergasted. "Wait, hold on, that can't be right. I mean, did I really already have a fight with my roommate, and I have to live with her, and aren't you a guy… I mean, not that you'd do anything, but… Ummmm, sorry. I just mean to say, I'm a little surprised." I rub my head a moment, trying to accept the situation. "Well, I guess it can't be helped. Guess that makes us roomies."

Haruka felt a little nervous on the inside, perhaps he shouldn't unpack just yet… "Yeah… Guess it does." He said, his voice fading as his sentence finished. He wondered if they should go find Noemi first or something, but he'd rather not just run off all of a sudden either.

After reading the note, I decide that now is as good a time as any to unpack my stuff and get changed. Honestly it was becoming bothersome just lugging my stuff around everywhere I went. Though, I notice Haruka looking nervously at the door. I quietly wonder to myself if he is nervous about having not one, but two female roommates or if he didn't want to be in while I was changing. I noticed the bathroom, so it isn't like it would be a big deal, but maybe it was concerning him. "Haruka, you know you can come in right? You don't have to carry all that around with you on my accord."

"I-... Alright." Haruka said after considering things for a moment, all he had to do was make sure not to unpack… He could probably place down his bag and everything, but, he could probably put up with wearing his damp clothes. It's not like they'd take too long to dry anyways come to think of it.

I look around the dorm a short while just to become familiar with it. I was going to be living here for a while, so it couldn't hurt to be familiar with it. Looking at the closest first, I find it divided into three sections. It looks like there is room, though not for much more than I already had. There was room for hanging clothes, as well as a three section divider for placing folded up things. I figure that I'll hang my day clothes, and keep panties, sleepwear, and a dirty pile folded in the divider. Setting to work, I quickly set all of my clothing appropriately, and then move to the bathroom to switch into some different clothes. I pick a sporty pink shirt with a white ruffled skirt with a line of pink riding the trim. Moving to the bathroom, "I'll be just a second, don't mind me."

Haruka just nodded, he was a little distracted thinking about how he was going to go about unpacking his clothes without them being noticed. After all, most would think that he's weird or something if they realized they all pretty much looked the same. It wasn't that he obsessed over wearing duplicate clothes, but he'd just not found other clothes that both looked reasonably well on him and gave him the mobility and silence the pairs he wore did.

After I'm finished changing, I step out of the bathroom in my new gear with my soaked clothes in hand. Placing them neatly into my dirty pile, I notice that Haruka hasn't really made any headway towards unpacking at all. I hope he isn't putting it off. "Ummm, Haruka. Do you need help unpacking, or were you waiting till I was away? I'm still unpacking my personal belongings, but you've just been standing there, so I didn't know how you felt about all this."

Haruka looked a little panicked at the mention of her helping him unpack "N-No! I can manage it… I'll just do it later." he said, stuttering a little as he attempted not to appear too freaked out. He sat down a little, calming himself quietly before he spoke again. "I'll get used to things around here, it's just a bit… New to me." He added just incase Laika was getting the wrong idea about his probably odd behavior.

As I thought, Haruka was having a pretty rough time with all of this. Maybe I was being too pushy. Regardless, that pretty effectively shut me down. I mean, it isn't like it isn't awkward for me too, but I still want to get along. I guess he probably feels bad about saying it like that, but I probably deserved it for touching a nerve. For right now, maybe quiet is better. "Oh, ok. I'm sorry for startling you. I'll just finish up then." I don't say another word, and leave Haruka to himself as I unpack a few stuffed animals, a desk light, my notebook, and assorted collectibles from my favorite shows. I then lay on the bed a moment, looking to see if Haruka looked ready to leave.

After a few moments of the awkward silence, Haruka talked again "I guess we should get going, Noemi's bound to be somewhere." he said getting up all of a sudden. He felt rather bad for not being able to be as friendly as he wanted to… Perhaps the first thing he needs to work on is his courage, he lacks a lot of it.

Glumly kicking my feet out on the bed, "If I had to guess, she probably is somewhere around the courtyard. It is right in the middle of the school, so we could catch her there, but honestly, I wonder if she'd even want to see me. I mean, I kinda messed up on my first impression. She probably doesn't want anything to do with me right about now. Plus, knowing how she is, she might not even want to deal with you right now, even as kind as you've been."

"I think she'll warm up sooner or later…" Haruka shrugged a little "She isn't a bad person, just a little headstrong sometimes." he said, a little unsure that was exactly what the matter was. Though they'd both find out sooner or later as they were roommates after all, he started walking towards the door, slowing his pace as if waiting to see if Laika would follow behind him.

Hopping up to my feet, "I guess so. But also, you just seem to have a lot of faith in her. Kinda like you want to see her." I start walking out the door. "Am I just imagining it?"

Haruka shrugged a little trying to pretend he was still calm even though he felt a little confused when she brought the matter up. "I guess we'll see." He said, unsure of how else to express what he was feeling about it. Perhaps he did want to see her, or perhaps they were both imagining it… If he were to be honest with himself, he wasn't too sure about it either.

Noémi made her way out to the courtyard, after getting tired of watching the spectacle in the cafeteria. It was a lot more calm here, most of the students were already preoccupied, so there wasn't anyone to bug her. She found a bench and sat down on it, closing her eyes as the sun shone. "Do I really have to stay here all these years?" she asked herself, out loud. Talking out loud to herself was a habit she could never seem to break. "I miss my home already, everything is too strange and new here". She sighed and kept sitting there, quite melancholy.

Moving towards the courtyard with Haruka, I find myself looking around the halls at all the various paintings and students scattered about the halls. I know that as of now, we are probably going to start including Noémi in a lot of things. Its going to be a little tricky, and I'm not even sure how I'm going to ask her to join us. I bounce a tennis ball at my side as I walk, using it to collect my thoughts. I wonder if she would even want to do that kind of thing with us. I guess it is pretty useless trying to think about it too much though. As we make it outside into the courtyard, I start looking around for Noémi. "Haruka, do you see her?"

Haruka was looking around the courtyard already trying to spot Noémi, and just as he found her after a bit of looking he heard Laika asked if he saw her. Turning his attention towards her he nodded "I think so." he said, having a distinct feeling the girl sitting on that bench was indeed Noémi… However she seemed a little sadder than she did when he usually saw her, perhaps he was just imagining it though.

Seeing Noémi sitting all alone kinda tugged at my heartstrings a bit, almost in the same way as when I saw her all embarrassed when she got splashed with water. I walk over to her slowly, waving to her somewhat bashfully in an attempt to get her attention.

Noémi glances over, seeing Laika and Haruka approaching, Laika waving to get her attention. "Hmph" she says, a haughty tone returning to her voice. "What do I owe this visit too? As you can see, I clearly do not want company, I've got too much on my mind to be spending any of my attention on others".

I look toward Noémi, somewhat understanding her feelings. "Well, I know that I'm probably not someone you want to talk to right now, but I promise that it is something worth hearing us out for."

Haruka continued to approach Noemi, stopping when she talked, he looked calm despite the somewhat irritating tone in her voice. He started to speak, his voice retaining it's usual quietness "Well… I respect your wishes but… How do I put it…" Haruka looked a little nervous as he spoke "Us three seem to be… Roommates." he finished, unsure of what reaction he'd get from Noemi at this piece of information…

"What are you talking about?" Noémi growled at Haruka, his meekness got on her nerves. "What is this roommate business? I specifically requested a single room in my application letter, and a luxury one at that. Even though it seems this school doesn't have luxury at all, I still believe my room should be private as I requested".

Laika looks toward Noémi, at first somewhat reluctantly, and then with authority. "Listen, I know that that is how you wanted things, but this school doesn't uphold family status. Everyone here is treated the same regardless of who they are, what they are, and where they came from. Even if that isn't the way you wanted it, that is kinda just how it is."

Haruka didn't say a word at Noemi's response… Instead, he simply held out the note he had taken off their dorm door. At this rate, it was the quickest way he had to make things clear, though he was a little reluctant to find out how Noemi would take this…

"Nobody asked you, little girl". Noémi snatches the note up and reads it, glaring the whole time. When she finishes, she throws it on the ground. "Ugh, this goddamn school gets worse and worse by the second. Of course I would be stuck with other people, what kind of institution is this?" She stands up, smoothing down her dress, and looks at the other two. "Let me make this clear. I don't like either of you. I don't like anyone in this school. Whether we're roommates or not, stay out of my way, and we won't have any issues."

I look a bit upset with Noémi's words. I mean, it isn't like I expected anything less, but I kinda wanted things to work out better. I really hate when she calls me a little girl like that. Even still, I don't want to repeat the last incident I had with her. I have to live with her, so even though I really want to tell her off right now, I'm just going to try to respect her wishes. Still somewhat upset, "Well, if you want to be alone, then that is fine. Me and Haruka were going to go behind the administrative building, just before the training fields. If you want to come, you are invited to come play, watch, or whatever. I know you haven't unpacked yet, so if you wanted to go back to the dorm, you won't have to worry about us bothering you." Laika looks at Noémi a bit more intently, "But please stop calling me little girl. It bothers me a lot."

Haruka sighed a little looking a bit irritated, but the look quickly faded from his face… He remembered he'd seen people a lot worse than Noemi, though rooming with her may prove a bit difficult to say the least. Instead of saying anything, he kept quiet again and just nodded meekly, he glanced quickly to where Laika stood noticing that she seemed a little irritated herself. Though there was a slightly hurt expression on her face too.

Noémi took a long look at Laika, before speaking with a slightly softer tone. "Fine, no more little girl. I have no interest in whatever it is you two are doing behind any building, your silly romance doesn't interest me. I will unpack my things later, I still need to figure out how I am to live an entire year with you both as roommates."

I look up towards Noémi, speaking softly, "It really isn't like that, but as long as you understand and know you are welcome, then its fine. I just thought that you might get lonely, but since you hate me, I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore. I'm just… I want to go now ok?" I start walking off towards the administrative building. I'm happy that I at least got to talk to Noémi without making things worse, but I feel like she is just going to resent me. I don't even want to think about going back to the room. Haruka doesn't really even feel comfortable with me, and Noémi straight up resents me. I wonder if everyone has this kind of experience with roommates. It kinda makes me miss home. I miss Sanji…

Haruka flushed a little red for the second time in the day at Noemis comment, but instead of staying silent he spoke this time. "Take it easy I guess… Making friends is a nice thing to do every now and then." He said giving her an awkward smile before he turned around, starting to walk again. Perhaps his first impressions on Laika weren't as he intended, she didn't seem as cheery after their encounter with Noemi… At any rate he probably should start heading to their spot they were meeting at before, even if he'd like to unpack his stuff just about now.

As Laika walked off, Noémi began to feel a little guilty. She wanted to go say something, but Laika was already gone. She wrestled with what she wanted to do a bit, before walking over to the administrative building, completely ignoring anything Haruka was saying or doing whatsoever.

Noémi ran after Laika, cutting across the courtyard towards the administrative building. It took her a sec to catch up to Laika, but she froze, not knowing what to say to her, too nervous to do so.

As I'm walking toward the back towards the administrative building, I hear a few steps coming towards me. At first, I just assume it is Haruka, catching up to me after I left the conversation. As I'm turning around, "Hey Haru…" I cut myself off abruptly as I see it is Noémi who came after me. Haruka was coming too, I could see him in the distance, but Noémi must have ran. "I ummmm. Did you need something from me?"

As she approaches, a bit out of breath just from the light run, Noémi looks at Laika. "I just…. wanted to say…" she took a deep breath, the words pretty unfamiliar to her. "Sorry for being impolite to you. I am not… accustomed to interacting with people outside of my family, and this school is not somewhere I wanted to end up. I may have acted in a way that an ordinary person would not, so I am sorry." Noémi turned a bit red, the simple act of apologizing was very hard for her, so used to being right all of the time.

I'm a bit taken aback to see Noémi suddenly acting so nice towards me. I just kind of assumed that she was just a cold person, and that she held some sort of grudge against me. Some part of me knew that she was having trouble adjusting, but another part of me thought that she truly resented having to live with me. To be honest, those feelings still exist in me, even now as she is apologizing to me. I mean, even if she feels bad for hurting my feelings, she doesn't want to be here. She doesn't want me. I'm just an obstacle that she has to overcome. But even still, I can't help myself, because Noémi is just so irresistible to me. I can't help but want to be around her, even if I'm only troubling her. Shyly, "Oh, it is alright. I mean, I wasn't exactly tactful with how I acted either. I kinda let my worse side get the better of me. To be honest, I thought that you just resented me, since you treat me so coldly. When you came after me, I didn't expect this at all. But since you are here, does that mean you want to play, or did you just want to say that?"

Noémi lets out a deep breath. It felt weird, she was expecting Laika to yell at her, or get upset at her. Since most of the people in Noémi's family yelled at her when she did something properly, she was always used to people getting upset when she screwed up. This…. was new to her. Laika didn't seem upset, in fact, she was apologizing herself. "I did not resent you, if I did, I wouldn't even bother talking to you. As for your offer, I was not aware you were playing anything. Since you are my new roommate, it would behoove me to get to know you better… Laika, or something? I hope we can at least be cordial to one another, and if so, I will gladly accompany you, my time is not occupied by anything." Noémi gave Laika a bit of an apologetic curtsey, it was nice to be able to talk to someone as a person, not as a lesser subject.

I can't help but blush as Noémi gives a rather eloquently worded response. I really just can't shake the princess vibe that I'm getting from her. Though, my blush fades as I realize that Noémi might not know what she is getting into. "Actually, we were going to play wall ball." I bounce the tennis ball against the ground to illustrate my words, "Are you sure you are ok playing all dressed up?"

Noémi looks curiously at Laika. "What is a… 'Wall Ball'? And what is wrong with my dress? These are my normal, every day clothes. I am not dressed up in the slightest." She sees the tennis ball, and wonders if it's just some variant of tennis.

"Basically, the object of the game is to throw this tennis ball at the wall, and catch it before it hits the ground without dropping it. Once you've caught the ball, you aren't allowed to move until you've thrown the ball again. But, if you drop it, or if you are pegged with the ball, then you have to run to the wall. If the ball does hit the ground the person closest to the point where the ball landed has to run to the wall. If the ball hits the wall before a person running to the wall has touched the wall, then they are out of the game. In addition, someone running toward the wall is not allowed to touch or move the ball again or they instantly lose. So essentially, it is a lot of running, and it might not be a good idea to wear something you wouldn't want to do exercise in."

Noémi looks at Laika. "I'm sure I'll be perfectly fine. I have played a sport like badminton before, I am used to moving. If I get too tired, I will simply stop." She looks over at Laika, clearly confident in her ability to do this, not even concerned about her clothing.

Laika smiles cheerfully, "Well then, lets play some wall ball!"

As we walk nearer, I find the odd sight of a glass ball bouncing against the wall, rebounding, then somehow propelling itself back to the wall. Considering glass is too fragile, and balls don't just play wallball by themselves, I immediately make the assumption that someone is playing with magic. Though, could they be invisible, are they even here anymore? "Ummmm, hey. Is anyone here?" I bounce my tennis ball at my side, wondering who else might have the idea to play wallball behind the building.

Haruka approached the area they were supposed to meet at, lagging behind a little. However the sound of a glass ball bouncing against the wall somehow confused him. Now that he was behind the building, he noticed Laika and even Noemi was already there, also rather perplexed by this strange phenomenon.

That was that, the class ended and everyone went off on their own merry way. He decided to get up and walk out of the classroom like everyone else, however, he noticed no one following after him. He considered this an opportunity to be alone and decided to enjoy the time he had to himself. As he walked around, he wondered what to do first, and that's when he noticed he still had his things. He would look ridiculous if he kept walking around with them, plus they would just get in the way. He also considered protecting them, so he decided to head off to find his new room. It took some time, but he eventually found the dorm rooms, coming upon the one that was for him. Opening the door, he noticed no one else had come in yet and walked into it himself. He hoped it would remain like this, he didn't really like his stuff to be touched by anyone he didn't trust, let alone he didn't even know.

First thing's first, he had to unpack everything he had. From what he could tell, the room was large enough for him to fit everywhere he had inside of it. So, he decided to get out his clothes first and check out the closet. He hung up each of his clothes in them in separate places, shirts, socks, pants, underwear and a few others were put away. He liked organizing his stuff out, so once the closet was done, he got out the remainder of his things and put them in a drawer next to his bed. Once that was done, he opens the closet again to put away his bag inside of it before closing the door and walking over to his bed and sitting down on it. It felt nice and soft, he could end up sleeping nicely on it. He smiles and pushes his hand down on it, closing his eyes as he puts his hands to his knees and takes a few minutes to relax.

Once that time was over, however, he decides to open his eyes and stand up. He had done everything he wanted to do here, besides, there would be time for relaxing later. As he begins to walk to the door, something stops him and he suddenly moves to cover his ears. His vision grew blurry, he closes his eyes tightly as he struggles to remain standing as his body shakes. He focuses on calming his breathing down until he felt he could move again. Opening his eyes, he removes his hands to realize he had started to sweat a little. Frowning, he wipes off the sweat from his forehead with his arm and heads out of his room. He locks the door and takes another deep breath before heading off to explore the school.

I'm glad no one was able to see that, he thought to himself. What's going on with me though? First that weird thing I saw, now I'm freaking out over nothing. I swear, I think I'm going crazy or something. Maybe someone's playing a dirty trick on me here or maybe one of the older students here is using their powers to bully me. I should keep on my guard for now, there might very well be someone here with the intent to kill me. I mean, it's not entirely out of the question, some people get bloodthirsty when given the chance of power. And to be able to come through here, they would have to learn how to get good at that to avoid getting caught. Look at me, I'm stressing myself out already! How much time has even passed by now, I don't know, but I need to get moving.

As he walked around, he noticed that he could not find any of the others from the class, strangely enough to him. He wondered if this meant they were all gathered in one area or just moving around to the places he had already gone to. He decides not to worry about it and keep moving, that's when his movement suddenly stops and he looks over towards where he heard a sound coming from. No, he had been mistaken, there were several sounds coming from the same direction and he wondered just what was going on over there. He headed off in the direction until he spotted a girl handing out flyers to people, he wondered what it was she was handing out. Walking over towards her, he decides to see what it was about. "Um, excuse me?" He decided to ask the girl. "What exactly are you handing out there?"​

That was that, the class ended and everyone went off on their own merry way. He decided to get up and walk out of the classroom like everyone else, however, he noticed no one following after him. He considered this an opportunity to be alone and decided to enjoy the time he had to himself. As he walked around, he wondered what to do first, and that's when he noticed he still had his things. He would look ridiculous if he kept walking around with them, plus they would just get in the way. He also considered protecting them, so he decided to head off to find his new room. It took some time, but he eventually found the dorm rooms, coming upon the one that was for him. Opening the door, he noticed no one else had come in yet and walked into it himself. He hoped it would remain like this, he didn't really like his stuff to be touched by anyone he didn't trust, let alone he didn't even know.

First thing's first, he had to unpack everything he had. From what he could tell, the room was large enough for him to fit everywhere he had inside of it. So, he decided to get out his clothes first and check out the closet. He hung up each of his clothes in them in separate places, shirts, socks, pants, underwear and a few others were put away. He liked organizing his stuff out, so once the closet was done, he got out the remainder of his things and put them in a drawer next to his bed. Once that was done, he opens the closet again to put away his bag inside of it before closing the door and walking over to his bed and sitting down on it. It felt nice and soft, he could end up sleeping nicely on it. He smiles and pushes his hand down on it, closing his eyes as he puts his hands to his knees and takes a few minutes to relax.

Once that time was over, however, he decides to open his eyes and stand up. He had done everything he wanted to do here, besides, there would be time for relaxing later. As he begins to walk to the door, something stops him and he suddenly moves to cover his ears. His vision grew blurry, he closes his eyes tightly as he struggles to remain standing as his body shakes. He focuses on calming his breathing down until he felt he could move again. Opening his eyes, he removes his hands to realize he had started to sweat a little. Frowning, he wipes off the sweat from his forehead with his arm and heads out of his room. He locks the door and takes another deep breath before heading off to explore the school.

I'm glad no one was able to see that, he thought to himself. What's going on with me though? First that weird thing I saw, now I'm freaking out over nothing. I swear, I think I'm going crazy or something. Maybe someone's playing a dirty trick on me here or maybe one of the older students here is using their powers to bully me. I should keep on my guard for now, there might very well be someone here with the intent to kill me. I mean, it's not entirely out of the question, some people get bloodthirsty when given the chance of power. And to be able to come through here, they would have to learn how to get good at that to avoid getting caught. Look at me, I'm stressing myself out already! How much time has even passed by now, I don't know, but I need to get moving.

As he walked around, he noticed that he could not find any of the others from the class, strangely enough to him. He wondered if this meant they were all gathered in one area or just moving around to the places he had already gone to. He decides not to worry about it and keep moving, that's when his movement suddenly stops and he looks over towards where he heard a sound coming from. No, he had been mistaken, there were several sounds coming from the same direction and he wondered just what was going on over there. He headed off in the direction until he spotted a girl handing out flyers to people, he wondered what it was she was handing out. Walking over towards her, he decides to see what it was about. "Um, excuse me?" He decided to ask the girl. "What exactly are you handing out there?"​
Vivienne holds out a hand in greeting. "Hello, good fellow. I'm Vivienne. Please, call me Vi. I hope you'll take a moment to consider." Vi hands Kaminari a flier. The words GRAND STAR SUMMER FESTIVAL are printed at the top. The rest of the page has a list of activities, foods and famous people. The back of the flier has the location and a map of the festival as well as a date. Vi, "Duly note. The event is some time away but it would be wise to consider your company." She winks. "Particularly for the ball dance event. I would insist you travel to town and procure suitable clothing for the event." She dips her head and moves on to the next passer-by.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Despite his calm visage, Saemon was quite excited about touring the school. With a full half hour to kill, he had to rack his brain as to how he was going to see everything in such a short time. Without much thinking, Saemon made his way out of the classroom to get started. As he walked down the hallways, he truly started to notice the architecture of the school and how breathtaking it truly was. Everything about it reminded him of a grand castle he'd read in a book somewhere. It couldn't help but bring a smile to his face, albeit a small one.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As Saemon continued to explore somewhat aimlessly, he couldn't help but be drawn to the sound of… music? Who would be playing music? Saemon was determined to find out. He passed a horned girl handing out flyers on the way, and decided to pick one up and stuff it haphazardly into his pocket; he'd read it later when he wasn't as preoccupied. Sooner or later, Saemon found himself outside the school cafeteria. He wasn't much for dancing, and he found himself severely underdressed for something like a school dance. However, Saemon was all for plundering and pillaging whatever food they had; he was quite hungry as he hadn't had lunch yet. It was with this in mind that the young boy weaved his way through the throng of fellow students on his quest for foodstuffs. Once he had found himself a decent lunch, Saemon exited the cafeteria, preferring to walk and eat rather than finding a place to sit.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He eventually found himself outside the courtyard enjoying the fresh air and the BLT he scavenged from the cafeteria (which was delicious). As Saemon pondered as to what to do next, he stumbled upon what appeared to be the main hall yet again. It was at this moment when Saemon truly realized just how tall the building was. From ground level, he could not see the top.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was his [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]destiny[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] to get to the top of that thing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]For some reason, Saemon always had a preference to high places to relax in. He justified it mentally by saying he was raised in the mountains, so high altitudes were automatically more comfortable. Without a second thought, the young monk made a run for the wall. Only wimps used stairs anyway; it was much faster to just scale the building if he wanted to get to the roof. Besides, he climbed plenty at home scrambling up the many cliffs of Lysteria. He made his way up without too much effort, as there were plenty of holds along the wall to grab on the way. Once Saemon reached the top, he felt perfectly content to simply sit on the edge of the roof, dangling his feet haphazardly in the air. He'd have to remember this spot should he need it in the future. It might prove to be great to unwind here. For now, Saemon merely leaned back and closed his eyes, feeling almost in a meditative state of calmness.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax listened to the teacher's words, very curious about what memories the chalice had reacted to and how she knew that they were memories of his. He frowned a bit when she said for them to pair up - he was sure he would be the last person chosen, so he carefully moved to the desk at which he had been sitting and picked up his bag. He heard Noémi's footsteps as she left the room and he frowned a bit. Wasn't she supposed to be with someone? Apparently not, Noémi marched to her own beat. At least that meant that he wouldn't be the odd one out, given that there were seven of them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]'Great' Mika thought to herself partnering up is one of the last things she wanted to do. She could just walk out like Noémi, but she was far too afraid of getting herself in trouble this early in the school year. None of the other students seemed terrible, but she was still worried about the fact that they were all humans besides herself. Then the idea occurred to her, one of the students had no idea that Mika was any different than the rest of them, because he couldn't see. A slight grin crossed her face before she approached Dax and tapped him on the shoulder. "Uhm… Ms Fortune said we should partner up to look around. Would you mind being my partner." She couldn't help but sound uncomfortable about the whole thing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax raised an eyebrow as he felt a tap on his shoulder. Though it wouldn't help him, he had learned to turn and face people when they spoke to him because it tended to make them feel more comfortable, so as Mika began to speak, he turned around to face her and smiled a bit.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sure," he replied softly. "Though I'm really not your best bet when it comes to looking around…" He smiled a bit, trying to make her feel comfortable with his bad jokes - not just comfortable with him in general, but also comfortable with the fact that he didn't mind being blind, and that he wouldn't be offended if she made any mention of it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mika giggled a little, it was nice that he was comfortable with who he was, unlike herself sometimes. "It's fine. I can be your eyes I guess." Mika decided he didn't need to know she picked him strictly because his inability to see her made her a little more comfortable.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax laughed a bit at that comment, still smiling and giving a nod. He wasn't used to having people pick him as their partner, so Mika's willingness to come straight to him was an unusual - but, strangely enough, very nice - change. "In that case, let's get going," Dax replied.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mika nodded before realizing the gesture would fall flat with Dax. She grabbed his hand and led him out of the class. She hadn't thought anything of holding his hand until after she had already done it; then she realized how awkward it felt, "I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has held his hand to walk with him." Mika thought to herself as the two of them began out the class and down the hallway.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax was surprised as Mika's hand took hold of his and began to pull him in the direction of the door. He walked along after her, thinking to himself about how long it had been since anyone had done such a thing - his sisters always held his hand when they walked with him, but that was just because he had a family of little sweethearts. "Where should we explore first?" he asked[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]her. "I called the school ahead of time and they described the layout to me, so I pretty much know my way around…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, cool. Well then why don't you show me around?" Mika asked, it seemed strange to ask him to lead, but he did get to class by himself so he must know what he is doing. "Your hand is really warm." She said mindlessly, it wasn't exactly the ideal temperature for a Lamia inside the school so Dax's body heat felt heavenly to her.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax raised an eyebrow slightly, but a slight smile crossed his lips. He decided not to say anything, but gave a light nod. "I can show you around," he agreed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, I'm sorry uh,...Let's just take a look around." Mika looked away, thinking she probably shouldn't be holding his hand, but it would just be worse if she stopped now.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax smiled at hearing her apology. He again decided to say nothing, instead beginning to walk along with her as they left the classroom. "Anything particular you're wanting to see?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, well I'd like to see where the Library is. And I guess if you know where the dorms are we could go put our stuff away if you want to before we do too much walking."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dax and Mika headed around the school, indeed stopping at the dorms to drop off their bags before heading around. They found the library with ease, and while others marveled at its size and beauty, Dax knew that it was pretty much useless to him. The rest of the period, they explored. There was little chatter due to Dax's unsocial nature, but it was nice. Before long, the period had finished and it was time to part ways. Dax was okay with that; he needed to use the washroom anyways. They said their goodbyes and he headed into the washroom, mentally trying to decide what he would do next. Lunch sounded good, since he was starving, and then perhaps he would go and have a nap. There wasn't much else to do, at least, not that he could think of at the time.[/BCOLOR]

Opposites Attract..?

6TeQ6Iu.png

As the small glass ball bounced from wall, to floor, then back to hand, Jack's eyes were locked upon the three newcomers to his semi-private sanctuary. From what little research he could conduct of the campus, he had figured this would be the most private spot to indulge in his favorite outdoor activity. Apparently some students actually dared to go near the administration office — let alone behind it. Granted, this was the way towards the practice grounds, but that was on the other side of the small but wide building. There would be nothing to bring them over here unless they were looking for something. Judging by the tennis ball in the one girl's hand, they were clearly looking for the same as he was. A small smirk grew on Jack's face. Well, if they were looking to entertain themselves, he supposed he could spare some time to act as host. Jack's threw the his glass ball at the wall once more as he lifted his right arm to peer at his watch. Sky was late. This was not a new occurrence, but a rare one. Was was more worrying was that she had not given word of her lateness. Of course, he knew exactly where she was and what she was doing, but that was no excuse. He would have to reprimand her later. Jack's eyes returned to the three students whose eyes were fixed upon his glass ball. Two girls and a boy — fresh meat.
The small glass ball continued it's usual pattern for a few moments. Wall. Floor. A short distance away. Repeat. The question of the girl that had called out went completely unanswered as the seemly uninterested ball continued its rotation. Then, without warning, the pattern came to a screeching halt. The small glass ball was once again flung at the wall by an unknown force, but this time it did not rebound onto the ground beneath it. Instead, the ball's speed was greater; the force behind it increased. It had a new target. The small ball whistled through the air as it headed straight for the hand of the girl that had called out to it. The small glass ball rammed into the tennis ball she held, causing it to fly out of her hand and a few feet away.

The glass ball slowly rose in the air, stopping to hover in front of the young woman's face. It stayed there for but a quick instance, before darting behind her and at the now dropped tennis ball. Upon reaching its target, the glass ball halted once more. A sound similar to a glass bottle being crushed underfoot permeated the air as a crack began to form along the center of the ball. The crack widened greatly to show the shiny jagged teeth of the glass ball, as is pounced upon the tennis ball. With one swift motion, the glass ball chomped on the fuzzy green ball, engulfing it completely it its crystal clear maw. Then, it swallowed. The green ball vanished to the sound of a loud belch that came from the tiny glass sphere. The ball, satisfied, rose into the air once more, mouth closed with no sign of it ever existing. It hovered lazily back in front of the three students in its midst, as it waited, seemingly interested in their reactions.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I look on at the glass ball, somewhat astonished at the events that just took place. I actually found myself asking if the glass ball was jealous, and wanted us to play wall ball with it instead. I guess weird questions like this come up in magic schools. "You know, if you wanted us to play with you, you didn't have to destroy a perfectly innocent tennis ball."

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi looked disinterested at the display. In a world where magic is an everyday occurrence, something that would normally defy all logic was meant with a cold stare and a disinterested glance. In fact, it made her more than a little mad at the strange glass ball, since such a thing was interfering with her original reason for even coming behind the building. She didn't speak though, she felt that the ball (and subsequently its owner) didn't deserve to be acknowledged by her.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka just frowned at the current sight he had just witnessed… From what he had observed, that glass ball definitely had some magical properties, and could possibly be sentient. Either that, or someone else was controlling the thing, but these things were just uncertain to him. Right now he was having a hard time trying to acknowledge that something like that even existed, but of course, he had yet to fully experience what magic could do if used right… There was always room for the unknown.

6TeQ6Iu.png

Incredulity. Masked fury. Confusion. These were definitely the freshest of freshmen. Jack smiled to himself as he continued to observe the students. The question now what what did they know. All three of them certainly knew that his trick with the ball was magic, but it was obvious to him that they had no idea what kind. Jack squinted at the three of them. After a moment, he realized exactly how little the three of them knew. He could see the faint traces left by the divination chalice — the magical artifact used to show one's mana nature. These children must have just come from their first class and introduction to magic. Judging by the mixture of moon mana, it must have been Evangeline's lesson. Quiet woman; didn't seem to like Jack much. Then again, very few people liked Jack much. Jack's smile widened. The children weren't running away, which was a good thing. If Sky wouldn't have the time to get here, he might as well recruit new partners. With a flick of his wrist, Jack spun the tennis ball on the tip of his finger.
The glass ball merely continued to hover in front of the students. Their expressions were reflected in the ball's shiny surface, which grew in size at the ball started to move. Without any warning, the ball flashed forward, lightly bonking Laika on the forehead. Not wasting any time, the ball rebounded, and few towards Noémi and Haruka, striking them as well. Finished with its mission, the ball returned to it's usual hovering position. This time, however, the ball was not crystal clear. Light had begun to emanate from the center of the small sphere. Slowly, the light began to twitch and warp as a shape started to form. After a moment, a small, yellow, five-pointed star shone from within. The start twinkles for a few seconds, before breaking down, returning to the formless light. The next shape to form was a forked, neon blue lightning bolt, before it too broke down, only to be replaced by a tiny replica of a brilliantly shining sun. The content ball allowed the light inside to freely rotate between shapes as it waited, once again, seemingly wanting to see the reactions of the children.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka was a little caught off guard when the glass ball struck him on the head, though it seemed like it didn't mean any harm from what he could tell anyways… Interesting enough, it started emitting a strange light and produced the image of a small, yellow star glowing inside it. Then came a neon blue lightning bolt and finally, the tiny replica of a shining sun. Scrutinizing these shapes for a moment, he quickly realized it was a visual representation of what their mana element was. It was intriguing indeed that it could detect something like that, but what both worried and interested him further was what else it could do.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Unlike Haruka, I was completely unaware of the connection between the shapes that were forming, and our mana natures. Instead I was slightly peeved that the ball had become a minor annoyance. Lunging for the glass ball, I try to catch it in my hands. If I am successful, I will throw it towards the wall.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi looks around for the tennis ball, wondering if it just dropped somewhere, so they can ignore this strange individual and go back to their game.

6TeQ6Iu.png

Jack chuckled to himself. He was enjoying this game. It had been such a long time since Sanctuary closed its doors. Jack had forgotten how much entertainment children could be. Clueless balls of potential, grasping — sometime literally — at things that couldn't understand without any trace of fear. His journeys with Sky had been entertaining in their own way, but this was different. This, was harmless. This he could indulge in and no one would get hurt. At least, physically. Sometimes an ego could take a blow or two, depending on personalities. Jack's eyes were locked on the short girl with the dark haired ponytail who was currently trying to grab his glass ball. Swiftly Jack lifted an arm. The tennis ball he had been spinning on his finger moved into the position of the glass ball, and Jack's smile grew as he watched the oblivious girl take it and throw it at the wall behind him.
The tennis ball, thrown with anger born from confusion, irritation, and frustration sailed towards the wall with tremendous speed. With a soft 'thock', it smacked into the wall rebounded back towards the girl where it flew past her and her companions before hitting the ground. It bounced up, and continued to travel with a few more bounces as it rolled further and further away. The glass ball, still glowing with light as the three shapes inside continued in their rotation, slowly rose and fell in a rhythmic pattern. Its owner, who was tossing it in his right hand, was no longer staring at the three children. His eyes were locked on the tennis ball. Taking his other hand, which had been resting in the pocket of his large brown overcoat that was covering a well-kept black suit and matching tie, the man lifted it to the back of his head, where he placed it on the back of his head where it was covered in his untidy brown hair and began to scratch it in apparent confusion. "I'm not sure what your ball did to you kiddo, but it sure didn't deserve that," Jack said in a matter-of-fact way.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I look quite surprised as a middle-aged man suddenly appeared to speak to me. While I'm not the most observant person in the world, I'm pretty certain that he wasn't there before unless he is a ninja of hiding in plain sight. Part of the reason I even decided to come here for wall ball was because it was flat and free of obstructions. Well, regardless, he is here, so I don't want to cause any misunderstandings. "Well, ummmm. It isn't really that big a deal. Balls are made to be thrown right? I just wanted to play wall ball so…" I don't know why I'm so nervous, so I amend my behavior, "Anyway, this ball kinda ate our other ball, so I figured we may as well use it." It suddenly clicks that the symbols on the ball corresponded to our mana natures, and I feel fairly stupid for not noticing sooner. Continuing my thought, "I didn't see you come over. Who are you? Did you want to play with us?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka was about to stop Laika from grabbing the glass ball, still a little cautious of how it might react. Though before he could do so, Laika had already thrown the glass ball and shortly afterwards, the glass ball rather violently "ejected" the tennis ball, flinging it at wall at an alarmingly fast speed. It's momentum was thankfully negated when it bounced back but it had just barely missed Laika's head and kept on bouncing and rolling further way. Looking towards the ball for a moment, he started to run after it, managing to intercept it before it rolled too far away. Then, he returned to the others noticing that someone else, presumably the owner of that strange glass ball had presented himself. Without talking, he quietly observed him as he talked with Laika, wondering who he was.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi watched the spectacle, before speaking up herself. "I would like to know myself what happened to the tennis ball. My acquaintances and I were to play a game, and I will not tolerate any interruptions." Noémi knew his type, she had seen it before with those of her extended family. People who thought that their talents with magic made them better than others, and would take any opportunity to remind those around them how much better than they were. Of course she didn't realize the hypocrisy that it could be applied to her, but she did know that she disliked this person, and would be nothing but trouble for her and her friends… well, acquaintances.

6TeQ6Iu.png

Jack's smile persisted as he watched the only male in the group silently run after the now run away tennis ball. His two companions, on the other hand, were much more verbal on the situation. Jack returned his gaze toward the two girls. Their questions and attitudes could not be more polar opposite. The one who had thrown the ball seemed to be more curious about the situation at hand, while her opposite appeared to merely be annoyed. The former had shown the expected response, given her previous actions. The girl was a bit slow-witted, but kind and genuine at heart, it seemed. Her partial ramblings reminded Jack of Sky, in a way. Jack found the latter's indignity rather amusing. It was rare to encounter a person who was foolish enough to choose to remain ignorant of their situation and merely expect their proposed status quo to continue unabated. Jack had the feeling that this one would have trouble once it came time for them to have real classes. The inability to chance was one of the worst curses one could have. The boy, on the other hand, seemed to be more of the curious and cautious type. Not asking any questions himself, he allowed the other two to do the talking for him. It was a good tactic, given the situation.

Jack let his glass ball drop into his hand after a toss, before flicking his wrist and, like the tennis ball, made the small clear sphere spin and balance on his index finger. Despite the rotations, the images inside were still perfectly visible and not rotating along with the ball itself. Jack lowered his other hand back to his pocket and smiled at the white haired girl. "Well kiddo, it would appear as if your tennis ball is right there," Jack shifted his gaze from the girl to the brown haired boy for a moment, "and I'm so sorry to interrupt your proceedings, your highness; please forgive me." Jack gave the girl a wide smile for a moment before addressing the other girl. "My name is Mr. Roman, and I'm one of the teachers here. Don't bother asking of what — none of you will be sitting in my room for a very long time. The paperwork alone to become eligible is a nightm- never mind. Not important." Jack's smile faltered slightly at the thought of paperwork, but it came back strong as he continued. "What is important, in that the three of you seemed to have interrupted my solo game of wall ball. I would like to know what you think the appropriate punishment for this terrible transgression should be. Any suggestions?"

8PIVq7y.jpg

I'm largely surprised by this mystery man at first. I'm not sure what gave me this feeling, but it was almost like I could feel an awesome power coming from him. It wasn't just his mana either, his observational presence was totally overwhelming. Wait, hold on. I know this feeling… I've felt it before. A bubbling excitement starts to boil within me, I can't believe I didn't recognize him sooner! I can barely contain myself, as I simply wait for him to stop talking. I can't even really recognize exactly what is being said to me, so what I have to say will likely be completely out of context, but it is hard to stop me once I have something I'm set out to do something. Practically fangirling, "Mr. Roman, as in, Jack Roman, master of illusion magic, inventor of perception magic, and number one most powerful mage in the world? I can't believe I didn't recognize you immediately. I knew you taught at the school, but I didn't think that I'd get to meet you in a place like this. You are something of a celebrity back home..." I start to blush, realizing that I had another one of my outbursts. Shyly, "Oh, but I didn't realize that you were already playing here. I'm sorry for disturbing you, but it just looked like the ball was playing with itself, so I didn't know better. I'd really like to play a round of wallball with you, but if you just wanted to play by yourself then I understand." I look upwardly with eyes pleading for just one round.

dMpjjfP.jpg

"Roman?" Haruka thought frowning a little as he tried to remember where he'd heard that name before. Then, it hit him; his foster parents had been talking about some "dangerous individual" named Jack Roman… Supposedly, he was the fourth to be classified as strongest in the world in history so far, or as people more publicly called those individuals "Biological weapons of mass destruction". To add to that it seems he had been a mercenary in the past, a lot of deaths were on his head, mostly of more shady individuals but some other casualties were there too. Looking at Mr. Roman again, he was unsure if this was the same person he was thinking of, but either way, public knowledge is reliable, but it doesn't always inform everyone of everything. Even if Mr. Roman really was the person he thought he was, Haruka decided not to judge him too much from just meeting him. He didn't seem as bad as he'd heard he was supposed to be, but if he was, they'd probably be the first to find out just how bad.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi herself wasn't impressed with the name, though she did know who he was. While her country wouldn't care who Jack Roman was, they learned a bit about him studying popular wizards of the time. To her, he was someone overblown, someone who naturally thought he was better than everyone and expected everyone else to accept it. Well, she wouldn't. Anyone could be a mage of that level with enough time and practice, and she knew very damn well she could surpass him if she put her mind to it. Still, for now, she had to worry about the here and now. She turned to Laika, "Let's find somewhere else to play if this spot is occupied. We don't need some silly man bothering us, if we are to have fun we can do it without interruptions from anyone".

6TeQ6Iu.png

Jack's smile never changed as he watched the signs of recognition form on the faces of the three children. The dark haired one was the most familiar, but the other two seemed to be equally aware of his clout. The boy had a slight frown that vanished after a few seconds, while the light haired girl's scowl simply grew in intensity. Jack continued to be amazed at how all three of these children were nothing at all alike, personality wise. If these three weren't childhood friends, Jack had to wonder both how this group not only managed to tolerate each other but long enough to actually stick together this long on their first day here. Well, kids would be kids, he supposed. Jack flicked his index finger, causing the glass ball still spinning upon it to fly into the air, where he caught it a moment later. Taking his other hand out of his pocket, Jack reached out and tousled the hair of the dark haired girl, while turning to face the light haired one.

"You know, this 'silly man' could give you detention for your lip, kiddo," Jack said matter-of-factly, though his smile showed this clearly wasn't any threat, "But there are so many forms fill out... Why does everything at this place have so much paperwork involved? Sanctuary never made teachers deal with this cr-" Jack cut himself off and raised the hand containing his glass ball to his mouth as he cleared his throat. Putting his hand down once again, he continued, "But, either way, I'm afraid your leaving is out of the question. Your punishment has yet to be decided, but this young lady has given me an idea." Jack pat the dark haired girl on the shoulder. "My original partner for my game that the three of you interrupted has be locked away in the dungeon by the paper demons, so I was forced to go without. But, three new knights in shining armor have shown up to valiantly take her place and rescue me from my solitude, it would seem. I do believe the three of you are now obligated to play a few rounds with me. What do you think?" Jack's final question was one not directed towards the group at large. His gaze was fixed upon the quiet boy, making it perfectly clear that the other two were not to speak, and that the boy would have to cease his streak of silence.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka stood there awkwardly listening to what Jack said, he really did kind of agree with Noemi there when she told them to find somewhere else to play… However he just stuck around for now, listening to what Jack had to say, he took note of something he cut himself off from saying wondering if that were to come into play later. Then listening on, he also discovered that he was waiting for someone else to play with him though it seems she didn't arrive. So THAT was the reason he was playing here all alone, and it seemed he didn't mind the three of the playing the game with him instead, and in fact they were supposedly "obligated to". The last question he asked seemed to be directed towards him as well. He just shrugged not intending to say anything, however it also seemed like Jack wanted him to speak as he continued staring at him expectantly, so he did "Sure." he said, keeping the conversation as simple as he could.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi knew herself that such a thing was most likely not something any teacher could just order. But it didn't seem that Haruka or Laika were going to leave, and Noémi really didn't feel like heading off just to find something else to occupy her time. So she simply nodded, glaring at this Jack person the entire time. She'd play his silly game, for now, but she wouldn't like it, she didn't like him, and she would find a reason to make sure he never interacted with her again.

8PIVq7y.jpg

I don't need any further convincing to play wallball with a personal hero of mine. I literally jump up when I hear that Haruka wanted to play, and Noémi didn't storm off in indignation. Animated, I run up closer to the wall, "Lets get the game started then! Since it is Jack's ball, I guess that means he gets to lead us off."

6TeQ6Iu.png

Jack's smile turned into a short laugh at the boy's single word response. If he was being honest, he hadn't really expected him to spout a fountain of sentences right then and there. The boy was too busy in his own head, most likely. The light-haired girl gave an equally amusing response. Her face showed clear signs of oppositional defiance, but her actions clearly showed something much more sad. He had wondered why this group that seemed to be a bag of opposites had stuck together this long, and he now had his answer. This girl was lonely. She had clearly latched on to the dark-haired girl's blind patience and friendliness and didn't want to have to put in the effort to make any additional friends. The boy was probably in a similar situation, though Jack had the amusing thought that he was more of a prisoner in this case. Gripping his glass ball tightly in hand, Jack began to move away from the three and back towards the wall, if only to have the dark-haired girl dart out in front of him anyway.

"Well, since you came here for this activity anyway, I'm going to assume that the three of you already know the rules to this game," Jack said after he took up his position and was waiting for the other three to follow suit. "Normally I play with a three strike rule, but since there are so many of you, it will be single outs." Jack tossed his ball again as he placed his other hand to his chin in thought. "There will need to be some sort of handicap too, since otherwise it won't be fair. The three of you are permitted to use any magic that you know to help you play the game. Attacking other people with the intent to injure is right out, of course. I, myself, will elect to forgo any magic for the most part. Though I may partake in a small boost here or there if only so that I can keep up with you youngsters. I'm getting up in years, you know. Back isn't as sturdy as it used to be..." Jack chuckled to himself as he caught his glass ball, and held it out for the three to see. "This ball was enchanted specifically for wallball. You will find it to be heavier but faster than your standard tennis ball, and as I'm sure you guessed, the symbol inside is there to show who the ball is closest to upon touching the ground. You've all seen yours, so here is mine." The glass ball now had a fourth symbol in its rotation. After the tiny sun, a small replica of a human brain could be seen, before it turned back into light to reform into the yellow star. "Alright then, let's line up and get started! Wouldn't want to waste any more time!"

After the three children had indeed taken up their spots, Jack continued, "I'll be taking up your friend's offer; I'll take the first pitch. Hope you're ready!" Smiling at the three kids, Jack tossed his ball up a final time, before snatching it out of the air in his tightly clenched fist. His eyes were closed, and the smile was now gone from his face. Slowly, Jack widened his stance, and began to draw his ball hand backwards. The air in the small courtyard began to thicken. Rapidly the pressure began to grow, as small pebbles all around began to crack and turn into dust. The grass flattened itself as the very ground itself began to vibrate slightly. Jack's fist containing his ball began to shine with a fierce white light as power began to grow there. Jack opened his eyes. "Here... We..." Jack said through his returned smile as he wound back his arm, "GO!"
Ignoring any protests or actions coming from his new opponents, Jack flung his arm forward. The windows of the administration building rattled in their frames from the sheer force of air pressure that exploded from the launched ball. The ball itself rocketed through the space between Jack and wall, it's surface alight with power as its shape flattened from air resistance. The white light that had previously surrounded the ball turned into a streak as the ball made its way towards the wall at blinding speed. Just as the ball was about to smash the admin building to pieces, everything stopped. The air pressure instantly vanished, the sound that could be heard ringing in everyone's ears went silent. The earth once again stood still and the grass reached towards the sky. The ball, all the force behind it reduced to that of a simple toss, hit the wall with a soft 'clink' before rebounding harmlessly off it and rebounding towards the dark-haired girl.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Although I had thought myself adequately prepared for the start of the game, I quickly found that that couldn't be less of the case. Although Jack permitted magic use, it doesn't change the fact that I didn't even know how to release mana from my body yet, much less cast proper spells. I've done fencing, so it isn't like I have a slow reaction time, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to receive a ball traveling at the speed of a fighter jet. Thinking to myself, I try to run closer to Noémi so that there is a greater chance that the ball will be closer to someone else, though at the speed the ball is going, I somehow doubt that I'll even be able to take a step. That is, until the ball suddenly completely changed in speed. And it looks like I won't be able to avoid being responsible for this one, but I'm already going in the wrong direction. "Just a little magic huh? I'm pretty sure that the admins aren't going to appreciate that throw." Knowing that I've already overcommitted, I start running towards the wall before the ball even touches the ground. Hopefully nobody is ready to throw it back in time.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka watched as the ball flew at the wall with a velocity fast enough to create a sonic boom; it was clearly being influenced by magic. Before he knew it, the ball was almost about to hit the wall, however it's velocity drastically decreased at the last second nullifying the damage it would have done, it bounced off a wall like any other throw would have caused it to do. Seeing that Laika already had the ball, he himself waited to see where it would land if she hit it back, he readied himself to make a move when that eventually would happen sooner or later. Laika didn't seem to have the intention of catching the ball however as it flew right past her without her seeming to mind. Instead it hit the ground, Haruka decided not to be the one to pursue it just yet though and waited for a few moments, still standing there motionless for the moment.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi watches the ball hit the ground. From the looks of it, it lands closest to Laika. Remembering the rules of the game, Noémi runs at it with surprising speed, scooping it up in one hand. Looking at Laika for just a brief moment, she tosses the ball at the wall, with absolutely none of the magic or technique of Jack.

6TeQ6Iu.png

Jack burst out laughing. Either these three kids were incredibly ignorant or incredible dense. Jack assumed it was probably a combination of the two, since none of the three reacted in any way he had anticipated. Throwing an object at supersonic speed didn't seem to raise even the slightest alarm bells in their heads, as none of them had hit the deck or even bothered to brace themselves. Jack supposed that they might have assumed it was a trick, which in fact, it was — while the pressure from a tiny fraction of his raw power was real, the light show and sounds were all part of his created fiction. But having completely recovered from any sort of shock or awe and merely continuing to play as if the building in front of them wasn't about to be blown to smithereens was too funny. These three were going to be a good bunch of kids for this school. Assuming they were able to cope with the learning process, that is.

Jack looked on, the occasional chuckle still escaping him as he watched play continue. The dark haired girl had made a run for the wall, while the light haired one went to grab it as the boy continued his streak of being incredibly neutral and indecisive. The light haired girl hurled a pitch of her own at the wall, but it was not fast enough to stop the dark haired one from touching the wall, thus keeping her in the game. Jack followed the ball's trajectory, and deduced it would be landing near the boy this time. A smile planted itself of Jack face as it seemed as if the boy would finally have to start doing something for himself. A sudden sharp vibration on Jack's left shoulder killed this thought. The smile on Jack's face was replaced with a look of slight confusion. Why on earth would Sky resort to contacting him this way and not in her usual way? Maybe now he would get the reason for her no show. A quick scan of the interior of the main school building told Jack that the woman was still where he had sensed her last. Jack frowned momentarily before sighing. This game would have to be cut short.
Jack suddenly appeared in front of the boy facing him with his usual broad smile on his face. Jack lifted his right hand so that it was slightly above his shoulder, facing his hand towards the wall as he lifted his second to place it atop the boy's head. Giving the boy a solid few pats, Jack closed his fist, catching his glass ball without even having to look. "I'm afraid a disturbance in the force is going to have to result in this game being postponed," Jack said, looking at the three at large, "I've been summoned by the princess in the dungeon. But, I am not one as to leave this poor wall wall behind alone without any players; it gets lonely. So, here." Jack reached into his pocket and picked out the dark-haired girl's tennis ball. Tapping it to his own glass one, a small concussion permeated the air as Jack cast his spell. Finished, Jack tossed the ball back to the dark haired girl. "That should facilitate your play in the absence of a ref." Putting his glass ball back into his pocket, Jack lifted his hand and gave a small wave of farewell. "Ta ta kids; I'm sure I'll see you around in the future." With that, Jack vanished.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka watched as the ball bounced in his direction, assessing how he would go about intercepting it. Though before he could make a move, he noticed Jack seemed to have lost his smile, and was now frowning, even sighing a little. Then, Jack suddenly seemed to appear in front of Haruka with his smile back raising one hand towards the wall and unexpectedly raising the other and placing it on-top of his head. Haruka looked rather awkward but smiled nonetheless as he received two pats on the head before Jack told them the game has to be postponed; it seemed he had other matters to attend to. However before he left, he thankfully gave Laika her tennis ball, casting some sort of spell on it beforehand. Then, with a small wave and a word of farewell, he just seemed to vanish before Haruka could even wave back. Instead of doing so at what was now practically thin air, he just stood there, wondering where Jack could be off to.

8PIVq7y.jpg

As I run back from the wall, already breathing more heavily than usual with my sprint to the wall, however, it seemed that Jack had already been ready to leave. Quite a shame too since we only just began our game. Plus, although I had idolized Jack for a while, I didn't realize just how eccentric a character he was until I met him in person. For someone who in his books stresses the rules of illusionary magic, it didn't seem like he thought twice about using it against us. I mean, it was mostly harmless, but certainly gave me a different impression of him. I guess he just likes to keep things fun, so it isn't like I can't relate to that. After all, it is obvious on my face exactly how happy I am when I have my tennis ball enchanted with the rules of wallball. I wanted to express my thanks, but Jack ended up leaving before I had the chance. Now with the ball in my hand, I call out to others, "So, round 2?"

75kQeva.jpg

Looking back at the others, Noémi simply shrugs when Jack disappears. "Such an awful sounding man, I do hope I never have to take his class." She looks over at the ball in Laika's hand, and shrugs. "I don't mind continuing, I was hoping our game would not have been interrupted in the first place, so long as there are no further interruptions then I suppose a few rounds will not hurt". She ponders a bit at that man though, wondering if the rumors about him were true based on what she saw, but quickly pushed any thoughts of that out of her mind. For now, she'd lose herself in the fun of the game, and not worry about things she could not change, at least for the moment.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Now that Laika had the ball again, she seemed like she was still up for playing in Jacks absence. Haruka nodded when she asked if they wanted to try their hand at "round 2", but he didn't say anything. He decided to focus on the game for now and talk later.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika is filled with energy as she draws her hand back quite overdramatically as if she was trying to make the throw more fun, "In that case…" Laika throws the ball with all her force towards the wall to get the game started, "Let the game begin!"

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi darts away from the ball with surprising speed, more agile in her dress than she appears. As the ball hits the wall and falls to the ground, she moves past Haruka, ensuring Haruka is closest to the ball when it lands.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka starts running right as the ball was starting to land, he put in more effort to get to that ball in time. It was a close call, but he managed to catch the ball with just a little distance to spare. Then, he froze for just a moment, calculating his throw quickly before he threw the ball right at the wall. He made sure to use just enough force for it to bounce back a short distance from the wall; he'd rather not have the thing fly straight past him.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika sees a chance to go for the ball again, and takes it. She notices that Noemi ran out quite a distance, so this would be a good chance to get her tired out. As the ball comes down, Laika is well prepared to catch it, and throws a quick ball to sail past her. Immediately after, Laika moves close to the wall to avoid becoming too close to the ball.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi doesn't even stutter, she easily plucks the ball out of midair and tosses it, the ball hitting the wall directly over Laika's head and bouncing to the ground behind her.
The game continues like this for a good half-hour. Laika was the first to get knocked out when she accidentally threw the ball back to herself. Haruka was next, who tired out from all the running he did to keep up with the surprisingly athletic Noémi. With the first game over, it was already noon.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Harkua sighed a bit and smiled "Good game… Sorry I couldn't keep up…" he said between breaths… It had been a good while since he'd run around like this, especially considering how fast Noémi was compared to him. He'd really need to work on this skill if he were to keep up with the others during a sparring session at some point later on.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika pouts playfully, "I probably should think more about where I'm throwing the ball." Looking towards Noémi with excitement, "But gosh you know how to run in a dress. You made it look like you were wearing nothing at all."

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi blushes at the compliment. "I certainly was wearing something, thank you very much. But it is nothing to me, my family places such a strict importance on being the best, naturally I stay in shape as much as possible." Hardly panting at all, she picks up the ball and hands it to Laika. "Now that it is noon, I find myself growing hungry. Perhaps we should head to the cafeteria and see if this school can produce any edible food? I will try to keep my expectations low".

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka just nodded feeling his stomach growl faintly… He was thankful no-one else had heard that. Contrary to what Noémi thought, he was hopeful that the Cafeteria would serve some decent tasting food at the very least. Despite the rather discriminative environments he'd lived in, most of the school cafeterias he had gone to produced fine tasting foods… He was almost certain this place would do the same.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika takes a bit too much pride in having made Noémi blush. It is kind of amazing that she is able to keep herself so composed when she is feeling so bashful. Plus, like Laika, Noémi seemed to be pretty athletic. Even after all that running, she was still going. Though, another thing they had in common was hunger. After all, using up all that energy means that the tank needs to be refilled. "Well, from what I've heard, the food here is pretty budget friendly type food since they don't charge students for meals. They don't make a lot of really fine dishes because there is a town so nearby with a lot of different kinds of places to eat. While eating out might be fun every now and then, I'm kinda hungry now, so I'd rather eat here."

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi frowns at that. "I am not used to eating foods that aren't a very high quality. Still, I do not wish to travel far for my meals, and if I am forced to stay at this school, then I may as well learn to deal with food that is not always of the highest possible caliber." She motions in the general direction of the cafeteria, starting ahead of the other two. "Shall we get going then? If you do not hurry, I am more than content leaving you both behind".

dMpjjfP.jpg

Without any further encouragement, Haruka started to walk towards the Cafeteria, however he kept his pace slow for now, waiting for the others to follow suit. He didn't exactly fancy going through a crowd without at least one person who was somewhat familiar to him.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika happily follows both Haruka and Noémi to the cafeteria, more than eager to get her fill. Thanks to the multiple areas to get food, it doesn't take long for the entire gang to get their chance to order something. Laika decides that a simple cheeseburger sounded nice for today, and takes it back to an empty table.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Looking at the options available briefly, Haruka settled for a grilled cheese sandwich, he usually didn't need to eat all that much to get around. Plus, it was always one of his most favorite foods that he ate yet. Though oddly enough, most Cafeterias he'd been to didn't serve them very often, so this was a rare delight for him. Scanning the tables around briefly, he decided to sit with Laika as there weren't too many other empty tables out there.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi couldn't decide on what to get, so forgoing the main entrees altogether, she decided to simply eat off of the salad bar. Taking her food with her to the table the other two sat at, she picked wistfully at the salad. "Definitely not what I am used to, but there really doesn't seem to be anything better. Oh well, food is food in the end, I suppose…"

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika looks on with concern at Noémi, seeing her get such a light meal after all the playing we just did. Unintentionally mispronouncing Noémi's name wrong, "Nowmi, I know you aren't used to the food, but are you really going to be ok on just a salad?"

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi looks over at Laika. "I am fine, I am used to eating this little. There is no room in my family for those who eat gross amounts of food, I'm sure you understand. Also it is pronounced No-ay-mi, not this Now-mi or however you say it. Please learn to say it properly, it is not hard to do". She finishes only half of her salad before setting it aside, clearly done with her meal already.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika pouts playfully, "Do I have to? I mean, it sounds so cute like this, yet still has a little bit of vigor in it. Kinda like a pet dragon. I mean, I guess it would be mean to call you something you didn't like, but Nowmi is the kinda name that gets guys to turn around. Right Haruka?"

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka felt himself flushing a deep shade of red "U-Uh… I-I can't say for sure…" he said, sounding more than a little awkward in this situation. He had finished eating half of his sandwich and had the other half held in his hand just as this was going on.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi shook her head with disgust at Laika. "My name is not supposed to be cute, it is a name of respect. And why should I care what any disgusting male thinks? I do not care what others think, my name is my own and I am proud of it, and I do not want to hear it being made fun of" She glares at Laika over the table.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika looks somewhat apologetically towards Noémi, "Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was making fun of you. I just thought it would be cute to have something like a nickname for you, but I guess that was just me trying to be friendly with you too quickly. I'm sorry." Laika also gives a glance over to Haruka as to say, "Sorry for getting you involved."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka still looked a bit flustered and raised his hands slightly to signal to Laika that all was well… The entire thing had just caught him off-guard really. He continued to eat the rest of his sandwich a little slower than before being rather neat about it. This was something his parents had always taught him to do; as a child he had been quite the messy eater to say the least.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi sighed at Laika's words. "Obviously you are jumping to conclusions, but I won't speak any more about it. Let me know once both of you are finished eating, I do not know my way around the school and do not now how to get to our room, if I am indeed sharing it with both of you I must figure out how much space I will need for my things." She sat back and waited for the two to finish eating, glancing around at the cafeteria, obviously not impressed.

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika seems to find that talking with Noémi means accepting that either she will be rewarded or shut down, with absolutely no middle ground. She really is a pretty harsh and demanding person, so sometimes she can be really hard to be around. Even still, since she is living with Laika, she will have to learn to look past it. Already Laika finds herself reframing Noémi's words, saying things to herself like, "We were going to do that anyway, just ignore the harshness." Nearly finished with her food, "Well, I don't mind showing you around since I already have a feel for the place." Suddenly Laika remembers, "Oh that is right, Haruka, you didn't have a chance to unpack either."

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka nodded slowly remembering he had forgotten to sneak away to unpack his belongings… Well, if he were to be truthful, they'd figure out his strange dressing habits sooner or later, and plus, it shouldn't be that bad, right?

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi nods, seeing them almost done eating. "Very well, we'll go as soon as you're done. I would not mind a nap as well, I'm already terribly exhausted. I am not used to the different timezone yet, plus our earlier game has tired me out. Hopefully the dorms are to my liking, though knowing how the rest of the school has been, I sincerely doubt it."

8PIVq7y.jpg

Laika seems to withdraw a bit, "Its ok for you to leave without me. I think I might want seconds, and Haruka already knows the way back." Plus, Haruka was pretty nervous around Laika before, so it was probably better for me to stay behind. Laika didn't actually want seconds, but all this awkward together time was starting to bother her, and she wanted a bit of space. Even despite this, she didn't want to tell them that, neither through words nor body language.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka nods again, feeling a little more nervous about unpacking… Perhaps he should wait some more? It's not like they'll think that's any stranger than what they'd see if he unpacked, right? He started to make his way towards their dorm, perhaps he could just unpack when Noémi had dozed off or something.

75kQeva.jpg

Noémi follows Haruka to the dorm, not even bothering to see what Laika is doing. As she arrives, she opens the door first, and peers inside. "Gosh, this is a small room, such a disappointment". She goes to the third bed sitting in the corner of the room, the one that Haruka and Laika haven't claimed yet, and sits on the bed, looking around. "Hmm, along with everything else in this school, I am disappointed, but I suppose I can try and make do". She starts muttering to herself, completely ignoring Haruka.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Haruka just lay down on his own bed, not bothering to unpack just yet. Instead, he stared off at the ceiling, lost in thought about why Laika was suddenly feeling the way she was. Not to mention how exactly he was going to pull off keeping his set of clothes concealed from the other two.

75kQeva.jpg

With surprising efficiency Noémi has her things unpacked in only a few short minutes, and while Haruka is lost in his thoughts, lays on the bed and immediately falls asleep, after only a few seconds of closing her eyes.

dMpjjfP.jpg

After a while, Haruka looks towards Noémi, noticing that she had remarkably unpacked while he had zoned out. He also noticed she was more or less asleep, he took this opportunity to unpack, walking quietly towards his bag and opening it up. First of all, he pulled out the practically identical sets of clothes which he wore not really noticing anything different about any of them. He carefully places them as close the the edges of the closet as he could mention so they'd not be so visible unless all the clothes on the ends of the wardrobe were taken off all of a sudden. Then, he lay back down on his own bed again figuring he'd take a nap himself.

8PIVq7y.jpg

While Haruka and Noémi went back to the room to get their things put up and unpacked, Laika had started to walk around the courtyard. She still had so much energy that she found herself restless, yet at the same time felt pretty tired. Feeling like the exercise would do her good, Laika starts to jog around the courtyard, then finds a path to a nearby lake that looks like it would be fun to explore. Convinced nobody is around, Laika starts thinking out loud, "Getting along is really tough isn't it? I know we just met and everything, but why does Noémi keep pushing me away so hard. Plus, I just feel like a bully whenever I talk to Haruka. He is so frightful and reserved, it is kinda hard to believe his nature is sunlight. I'm trying to keep things fun and spontaneous, but that approach just doesn't seem to work at all with them. Maybe I should just dial myself down a bit. I know I can be a pain to deal with, but I would really like having some friends…" Laika continues jogging, looking over the lake as if it held some of the answers she was looking for.

dMpjjfP.jpg

Soon enough, Haruka had dozed off himself sleeping quietly on his own bed… His dreams were filled with confusion, and even regret. Soon enough, he was tossing and turning every once in a while, but thankfully his stirring didn't make too much noise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.