1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
The Argo Academy
argoouts.jpg

Open Signups, Info

Posting order:
Dinah Lance, Zatanna Zatara - @Camleen
Pamela Isley, Harleen Quinzel - @Ms.Ezra
Conner Kent - @MrStoryTeller
Roy Raymond Jr. - @Not_Amy
Anselle Cordell - @Ragamoofin
Megan Morse, Bary Allen - @Gands

Emiko Queen - @QuakeUPSB

Last edited:
dbanner001b.jpg
Dinah doesn’t say much as the speech comes to an end, as Harley seems to be taking lead suddenly. Doesn’t bother her. Shouldn’t bother her. Probably. Maybe.

Courtney seems to come out of nowhere, and Dinah watches her and Gwynn. The group as a whole starts to get up to follow Harley from the auditorium, but Dinah lingers there, staring in the direction Courtney went with Gwynn. Something’s up, obviously. Dinah is going to have to check it out later.. for now, she needs to stick to the group. So she scoops up her duffel bag, and follows the group, lagging behind a bit.

With the rest of the kids she stops in the common room, looking around it. She would like to think she’s the closest to the Justice Society, that she has the most connections to them. But this academy… this building… she’s never actually seen the inside of it. While she does take pride in thinking she was the closest to the Society, she’s wondering if that really matters. Uncle Ted hasn’t been out yet to see her, but she knows he’s here. Somewhere. Probably.

Dinah looks around the common room, her hands tucked into the pockets of her jacket, her bag slung over her shoulder. She had to admit, it is indeed cozy. Feels a little… old fashioned? Though, yes old fashioned is the right word. But then, she kind of doubts she’ll end up spending a ton of time in here. Common room seems to suggest a room where people commonly hang out… and she’s never really been into that.

As Harley guides them to head to their rooms, Dinah’s attention is taken by the young man that hadn’t been in the auditorium. Her eyes linger on RJ as he just relaxes, squinting a little at him. Yes, she’s sure he wasn’t in the auditorium, that he didn’t hear the speech or anything. Is he a student too? Some kid just hanging out? Both? Well the rucksack sitting on the floor near him tells her that he is indeed one of the students. “Hey kid” Dinah starts as she moves in the direction of the girl’s dorms “feet off the table. Pretty sure the geezers would be peeved with that.” She says as she passes RJ, her eyes lingering upon him. “Tellin ya for yer own good.” she adds, looking ahead of herself as she moves towards her room.

Pamela walks up next to her, and she smiles to the girl. “Well hey roomie.” She nudges Pamela again as they walk together to their new room. She lets Pam walk in first, and then she follows, her eyes scanning the room. “Wow, nice digs.” She says softly. Way better than her own room at home, but without her posters. She’ll have to change that. Pam takes the left side, so Dinah moves to the right and tosses her bag onto the bed. Out of the corner of her eyes she watches Pam move to the window almost immediately. Why does she find that weird? She doesn’t want to see what kind of television channels they get? Or what kind of food is in here?

Dinah shakes her head and moves towards what could be called a ‘kitchen’ area, where some of their bags would have been left. She didn’t send all of her stuff, only a few essentials and some outfits to last about a week. She doesn’t live far from here, so she has every intention of visiting home soon. She’ll get the rest of her stuff then, and her posters. She takes her two bags and hefts them over to the foot of her bed. As she sets them down, Pamela would hear some kind of clinking from inside of the bags. Like heavy metallic. “So” she says as she now slips off her jacket, tossing it onto her bed. “You prefer ta be called Pamela, Pam, Pammy, Pamzilla, Pams, PamPam, Red1… what ya wanna be called?” she says with a smile as she walks to the window on her side, just looking out if, her hands tucked into the pockets of her jeans now.

zban001c.jpg
Zatanna sits near Harley as the speech comes to an end. And out of the corner of her eyes she looks towards the girl as she speaks of ‘testing’ security, and Zatanna just grins widely. Yeah, she would make a great assistant. But then, she’s never really had an assistant for her shows. Indeed for many of them, she’s been the assistant. Her father’s assistant, specifically. But that’s been a while. To long of a while for her tastes. So she’s making a list for herself.

She doesn’t make great notice of Gwynn being whisked off, her focus is on the students around her. The smile doesn’t fade from her lips, her dark eyes discretely studying each of them. There aren’t any of them that seem to have an affinity for magic… not that she can sense. But of course, her senses are dulled just slightly by a very powerful magical presence not far from here. One she does recognize, the being known as Doctor Fate. Compared to him, she’s an iddy biddy ant trying to do trigonometry.

The tour starts, and Zatanna pushes herself to her feet. She walks a few feet behind Harley, absently twirling her plastic wand in her hand. Lightly she hums along with Harley, feeling the same brilliant mood she seems to be in.

They get to the common room, and she whistles softly in admiration. “Wow, posh huh.” She says softly. And of course in her mind… she’s rearranging the furniture and the lighting to accommodate a small stage. It is the right kind of room for one of her acts, it has the right kind of ambiance. She is even already putting together a show itinerary in her head. For a show that will probably never happen, but it doesn’t hurt to be ready. Harley mentioning the library gets her attention… and she finds herself excited at the prospect of seeing exactly what kind of reference materials she could find there. “Wait…” she says softly “You have literature by Helena Blavatsky?” She grins now and looks towards the others “Oh I already like this place."

It’s about then that she learns her roommate is Emiko, who she looks towards right away with once more her wide smile. Emiko doesn’t exactly stick around for chatter, instead choosing to go right towards her room. Well their room now. She can’t completely tell (since she doesn’t really know Emiko at all), but the girl doesn’t seem exactly thrilled.

Zatanna takes a few steps forward, and indeed she notices the new boy sitting on the couch. Well lounging on the couch. She walks slower a moment as she passes him, wondering why she didn’t notice him before. She woulda remembered seeing him before, that much she knows. “Hey, welcome to the group. If you’re with our group. If not, welcome to the common room. Welcome to our couch, newest guy.” She nods to him with a smile, and then proceeds to stride down the appropriate hallway to her and Emiko’s room.

She strides into the room just as Emiko is unpacking, making mental note of the kinds of clothes she has there. Darker colors, a seeming sullen personality to go with them. And the vibe she’s getting here… not Emiko being unfriendly. It’s a nervous energy in the air. An energy she’s familiar with. And one she has had to handle before.

Know your audience, work with them.

She closes the door behind her just a little, leaving it mostly open really. She walks towards the other bed, her smile now a softer one. “Hi Emiko.” She says softly. She stands in front of her bed, now facing Emiko. “I know you already know this, but my name’s Zatanna Zatara.” She bows lightly in a curtsy. “I don’t know about you” she says as she stands fully “But I’m kind of used to roommates. Living in a temple with a bunch of disciples.. doesn’t exactly afford someone a ton of room for themselves. So” She draws her wand up, and suddenly the tip of the wand starts to glow a soft orange color. She moves the wand in a circle, it leaving a trail of glittering orange ‘dust’ in its wake, which quickly dissipates. She then draws the wand forward and down, making a sweeping motion. As she does, a glimmering orange line of gently glowing energy forms, separating the room perfectly between the two girls “I won’t come into your space, not unless you’re cool with it. But you” she then makes a welcoming motion as the glow dissipates “you can come into my little half of our world anytime you want, okay?” She winks to Emiko… and then gasps. “Oh! Crud I almost forgot..” She turns abruptly, and makes a flicking motion with her wand towards her own bed. “Oops’ yggod rood!” From under her bed there is a soft flash of white light, just a brief gentle pulse. “There we are..” she turns once more, smiling to Emiko. “Anything I can do to help ya? Need anything for your side of the room or anything?”

Harley Quinn

"Yay!" Harley claps again and is thankful Meg makes nothing of the state of the room. Living alone with nobody to worry about could make for a slobbish lifestyle. Case in point, Harley's (and now Megan's) room. When Megan asks for help putting up her own posters, Harley is more than happy. "No problem roomie!" She hops out of bed, takes a pack of pack of tacks from her desk, and helps Megan put them up, asking her where she wants what between humming the lyrics to Girls Just Want to Have Fun. She was just tacking up the Robin Hood poster while standing on Megan's bed when she was asked if she needed help with her laundry.

"Hmm?" She looks over at her roommate with one last tack in her teeth, stabs it into the wall. "Ummm thanks buuut I think I got it handled. Just haven't had the time, ya know?" She lies. She's had plenty of time to do laundry, she just prefers playing video games. Or when her eyes got tired going into the library and reading up on psychology until falling asleep on the couch, and having weird dreams about what she'd just read. Harley jumps off the bed and spins on her left foot. "There ya go! Looks better already" She slowly spins in place on the balls of her feet. "We need beanbag chairs, those are fun, and oooh some kind of two-player game for that, with another controller!" She points at the NES with its couple of single-players games and one controller. She rounds on Megan. "We're going to have so much fun!" She giggles and skips out of the room. "Gonna go wait in the common room!"

When she comes back, Harley sees the boy from earlier lounging on the couch and waves. "Hiii Roy! So ya are gonna join us? Cool!" She plops onto the couch next to Roy, grinning over at him "Too bad it's an off number, you'll have to get your own room."

Pamela Isely
Pamela nearly startles herself into bonking her head on the window when Dinah asks her what name she'd like to be called. She can get very enraptured in nature nowadays, what with The Green making her truly feel it all on a more spiritual level. "You can call me Pam, or Pamela, or Pammy if you're not into the whole formalities thing." She replies to Dinah, with no real definitive answer, coming out of the window. The seaweed scarf/whip is taken off and draped over the chair before the redhead falls back on her bed. She looks aside at Dinah's bags, and having heard the metallic sound earlier can't help but ask "What did you bring in that bag? Sounds like weights" She makes that assumption because without her jacket on, she sees how Dinah is all muscle. She was sure this place had some kind of exercise area, but Dinah could be one of those who still like to have something for their personal space to exercise. Pamela herself underneath her flowery blouse and jeans was mostly muscle from all her time running around the woods of her house. That gets her wondering if she will need to train more physically as well as train her powers.

Reactions: Ragamoofin
Conner Kent

Conner could hear Anselle outside the room and then all of a sudden, he threw the door opened. He must have seen Conner was laying down as he quickly became quieter. Conner didn't move though so it would give the impression he was sleeping and maybe Anselle wouldn't talk to him. He listened though as the young man began to look around our new shared room. He began to admire it all and found his things as well that he had brought with him. After a few minutes, Conner could hear the sound of someone laying down on a bed. Conner took a small sigh of relief as he was hoping his roommate would fall asleep as well. That was a bad assumption on Conners part. The question that was asked was sudden and Conner really didn't know how to respond to it. He really shouldn't have even mentioned Superman earlier in the gym. It just sorta slipped out really. Conner sat up and placed his feet on the floor, looking over at Anselle, "don't worry about it. He isn't anyone special at the moment." That wasn't the truth but it would have to do for now. "I'm going back to the common room." With that, Conner stood and walked out of the room.

As he walked into the common room, he looked up to see that a few of the kids were already on the couch talking. Conner would eventually have to get used to the idea that he would never really have anywhere to be alone anymore and that he would have to start talking with these kids eventually. As he got closer, he saw that one of the kids was Harley. She was still bouncing around and being all happy and joyful. Bet that was nice. The other kid, however, Conner didn't recognize. Conner thought to himself as he took a chair across from the two on the couch, "Was he in the gym earlier? I swear I didn't see him and I looked over everyone." Conner could just ask the kid but that would probably just be too much of a pain. Instead, he would just stare at Harley and admire her...traits. Conner really hadn't been around girls his own age before as the lab he grew up in didn't have any. It was all older women that were married or just unattractive. Now though, Conner was put in a place that had 6 girls his own age and all good looking.

It was different.

"Yeah, I am with you guys, and gals." RJ says to Zatanna when she addresses him and watches her go off to see her and Emiko's room. When Dinah warns him about his feet being on the table he says "Excuse me..." The boy takes his feet off the table and soon as Dinah is down the hall and (presumably) out of earshot "...princess." RJ wouldn't have pegged Dinah for the type to worry enough about what 'the geezers' would think to warn him about it. But that's why you continue observing. Why you never really stop at your first impressions.

In short order, RJ sees Barry come back from the boys hall and either miss him, a new person, entirely or not care enough to acknowledge him. Perhaps he'd add 'Absent-minded' to his notes for Barry. He was about to get Barry's attention with a wave and shout, but then Harley came back into the common room and sat down right next to him. He smiles in spite of the fact being so close to the former criminal made him just a little apprehensive yet. "Yeah I decided to join you all. Way more interesting here than Gotham High." He points at Barry "And I'm not rooming solo, I'm rooming with Speedy Gonzales over there. Turns out the one kid had to go right back home. Family stuff, I don't know, I don't like to pry." He says, lying about not liking to pry. Prying was second nature to him by now he just wasn't going to question that situation.

Connor comes to sit across from them and RJ can't help but note the look he gives Harley. Obviously doesn't know Harley could be all sorts of trouble why RJ himself finds Harley attractive as well but does nothing to show it. He does say to Connor "Hey uh....Conan?" He waves his hand between Connor's gaze and Harley "Let's not, ya know, make the girls uncomfortable our first day alright? It's impolite to stare." He tries not to sound too critical, more concerned which he is if not for the stated reason. He stands up, hefts his rucksack over his shoulder again "Better go drop my stuff, be right back."

He finds the room and takes the right bed/side of the room. He notes what Barry's set out, nodding at the computer. "Next wave, cool." He opens his rucksack and puts away the four days worth of clothing he'd packed, his stack of Sherlock Holmes novels (all dog-eared and worse for wear) on his desk, and a lockbox he puts under his bed. The lockbox held his notebooks either filled for being filled with his notes and photos on the names and places around Gotham that constitute its' criminal underworld. His father had a similar bigger box at home. His belongings were scant for now, but he'd be getting more from home like his typewriter. That novel wasn't going to write itself after all.

RJ comes back into the common room and looks around the room slowly. He suspects a big fancy place like this had to have some secret doors, hatches that led to a staircase that goes somewhere even more interesting. It just had to. Otherwise what was the point of building it unless the architect and owners just didn't have that kind of imagination? In other words, were rich and boring.

Anselle.
[Interactions]
Conner: @MrStoryTeller
RJ: @Not_Amy
Have you ever regretted something as soon as you said it? Anselle couldn't remember the last time he had, but this was locked in as the most recent. Conner...didn't react too kindly to his prying, Anselle cringing into his pillow, eyes showing his uneasy wince. Ansell opened his mouth to speak, to apologize, but Conner had already stood, and with a quick word, he was gone.

Anselle was left in the uncomfortable silence of the now empty room. He blinked a few times, releasing a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Okay," he breathed slowly, sitting up and rubbing at his temple. "This is gonna harder than I thought." Forget a challenge, living with Conner was going to be a trial. It - it wasn't a rude question, was it? Anselle couldn't tell. Maybe people didn't like others to know if they were heroes? Maybe Conner was just the secretive type, maybe not. Whatever the case, Anselle made left the thought in his mind to not mention Superman again.

Anselle narrowed his eyes at Conner's side of the room, leaning forward on his bed to peer further. Conner hadn't taken out any of his things, and what was there looked bare. Conner hadn't said much - that Anselle heard - so that left him with about nothing to go off to talk about. Conner wasn't a clam; he doubt he'd manage to force much out of the superboy. No, he had to go about this the long way. The long, patience way.

The friendship way.

Anselle got goosebumps. He'd always wanted to try friendship, but the friends were - yeah. Now, he could potentially have hundreds of them, Conner could be the first.

Anselle invigorated himself with the thought of being able to call Conner a friend. A far off goal, yes, but one he could start the first step towards. Fighting off the heavy sleep in his bones, Anselle hopped his bed and hurried to the door. Conner was way tall, he'd have to make strides to catch up to him.

Throwing open the door, Anselle made his way back down the hall, now focused on the names hanging near the doors. Some others, others still closed, the sound of talking and shuffling boxes and bags and the occasional hoot of joy filled the air. The boys were awful noisy, reminded him of the farm.

The common room - that was the room they'd all split off from, right? Anselle figured so, but then again, this was his first time even hearing about a common room. What about other rooms? Were there rare rooms? Semi-precious rooms? What were those like?

All of these questions and more flew about Anselle's head as he made his way down the hall, having to dodge the boys that were scattered among it. He was shorter than, oh, everyone, so he just breezed through everything, everyone.

Except - who was that? Finally back to the common room, Anselle found a newcomer standing alone, looking around but not approaching the group. He was hanging back, whoever he was, much like Conner had in the gym. Could be another solitary type, better greet with a little more tact.

"Hello there!" Anselle greeted, slowing to a stop as he gave the boy a once over, eyebrow raising as his smile began to show. "I don't think I saw you in the g-gym, before. Must've missed you, I was trying to remember everyone's face but there were a lot of a faces." He admitted with a slightly bashful chuckle, cheeks dimpling for it. "But I see you now, buddy! And I see you see them," Anselle nodded towards the others sitting around in the room head. Anselle found Conner immediately, the superboy's gaze fixed on Harley, his eyebrow hunching up again. Bold, wasn't he?

"They're...fun, aren't they." Many other things, but fun most of all. "I'm, ah, Anselle, by the way."

Reactions: MrStoryTeller
Barry Allen

Barry was in the common room, somewhat off to one side. He was pretty deeply zoning out and didn't immediately notice R.J. As Dinah, Harley, Connor and finally Ansel came into the common room it was enough to draw him out of his meditation.

" Hey folks, sorry, I tend to zone out a lot. My mentor calls it meditation. {{ looking at R.J. }} Did I catch your name new guy ? Hey Dinah, Harley, Connor...Mister Ansell! So, I suppose I'll spill something about myself, just to whet your appetite. I need to zone out like this every so often. Sometimes I have a struggle to go slow enough to interact for long periods of time. So if I seem like a jerk, that might be why... Or, I might be a jerk. "

He smiles wider now. He rather hope's that went over well. He finds a different seat now, one facing most of them. He is wearing a real smile at least. His hand held video game in one hand. Some one with sharp eyesight might get the idea that his hand is pressing buttons really really fast. His earphones are over one ear, still playing softly. The difference this time, is that he is paying attention to all of them here on the common room.

Last edited:
Megan

Megan was frankly delighted at having Harley as a roomie. She thought maybe her new roomie had some issues, but Megan wouldn't let that dampen her own enthusiasm. She watched Harley head out while she herself enjoyed the new room a bit longer. She glanced at the pile of dirty clothes and felt oddly comforted. She had spent time living on the streets for a few years while trying to learn Earth culture.

She wanted to see where everyone was. Tentatively, she reached out carefully with her mind, looking only for her classmates. She then withdrew, some still in their rooms, several in the common room. She didn't look at any of the minds outside of a very bare mental fingerprint.

She shape changed into a different outfit. Something like a Hawaiian style flowery dress and sandals and went to the common room.

She catches the last bit of Barry's speech and sits down near Harley.

Emiko Queen/ Red Arrow

Emiko smiled. She hadn’t been sure of what to expect when Zatanna came in waving her wand around in some magical motion, but this wasn’t it. Her new roommate was trying, and Emiko really appreciated it. The least she could do was offer the same amount of hospitality and kindness she had just been shown.

“Hey, um. Thanks...for this,” Emiko motioned to the glowing orange line on the floor that Zatanna had just conjured up. “I, uh, I’m just sort of a private person is all. Where I’m from…” The girl paused. She wasn’t sure how to finish that statement. As nice as Zatanna seemed to be, Emiko just wasn’t ready to share her whole story yet. Misplaced trust had taught it’s share of harsh lessons, and Emiko’s body was scarred with the consequences for her past naivety.

“Well, let’s just say you can’t be too trusting.” She continued, “It’s too easy to get taken advantage of.” As she removed the last articles of clothing from her bag and set them to the side, the facemask portion of her costume fell to the floor at her feet. It was a dark black mask; void of design and plain in both appearance and function. And yet it held a lot of good memories.

“Y’know, the first time I saw a movie I was twelve. It wasn’t even a full movie either, just a short scene.” She laughed to herself, thinking back to one of her few positive childhood memories. ”Sensei took me to a big city for the first time. There was a film playing on one of those display TVs inside an electronics store. It was about these Japanese warriors and spies called ninjas. At the time I didn’t know what they were, but they seemed really cool to me. I loved the way they could eliminate their target and disappear like a shadow. It was like magic. It’s also what I based my costume off of when I finally finished training.” She motioned to the dark leather uniform that was still folded on her bed. “I suppose it’s kind of silly,“ she laughed nervously, “but I feel really powerful when I wear it. Like I can do anything. Pretty ridiculous huh?”

@Camleen

Emiko's Uniform:
vvZ8SoH.jpg

dbanner001b.jpg
Dinah kind of feels like she brought Pam out of some kind of daydream when she spoke to her. She wonders if Pam is one of those kids that space out easily. She shrugs her shoulders as she smiles to her roommate. “I’m not into formalities so much. ‘Specially with somebody that knows where I sleep.” She says with a soft chuckle. “So for now we’ll go with Pam.” She says with a nod.

Pamela moves to her own bed, and Dinah then turns to move closer to her own. Her hazel eyes move along the bare wall at her bedside, and she envisions the posters she’ll bring from home. Definitely her Ali poster. Maybe a Led Zeppelin. But she is brought out of those thoughts with Pam’s question about her bag. “Huh?” She says softly, turning and looking towards said bag. “Hey good guess, Pam.” She moves to the foot of her bed and crouches down to unzip the duffel bag. She rummages through it a moment and then stands as she pulls a dumbbell out of the bag. It has scrawled on the side ‘15’. She actually holds it by one end, and then kind of flips it a little in the air, catching the other end. While it might be considered heavy to some, she seems to have little problem hefting it. “Yeah, a couple weights. I’m kind of positive this place’ll have a gym or training area or ring or something.. but sometimes I just like to lug these around in my room.” She looks to Pam as she tosses the dumbbell onto her own bed, it not really bouncing at all and making an impression on the bed itself. “Don’t worry, I’m not one of those Venice Beach muscle heads. I won’t bother ya with my liftin weights. Heck, you’re more than welcome ta do it youself.”

As she continues to speak, she turns from Pam and reaches into her bag once more. She pulls out a black tank top, and with her back to Pam she pulls off the t-shirt she is wearing. Under it she wears a black sports bra. She tosses the shirt onto the floor carelessly, and then slips on the tank top. “But we’ll figure out each other’s weird habits, I’m sure. Buuuuuut for now, wanna head back to the common room? I think the other kids’re gatherin. Not sure what they have in mind for us now… prolly boring crap, ya know?”

zban001c.jpg
Zatanna keeps a wide smile on her lips as she watches Emiko’s eyes, keeping herself focused on the girl. She does glance down to the bordering line she had made, and then back to Emiko as she nods to her a little. “Hey hey I completely understand! I mean we all are in some way, right? We've all got our little private secrets and all.” She now lifts her wand a little and motions to the floor. When she does, the glowing orange line dissipates, leaving nothing behind. “I’m not asking for you to trust me completely, of course. Buuuuut… I would like a chance to prove you can trust me, and that I really wanna be your friend.” Her tone is upbeat, every word seeming an expression of her good mood. “If ya want, I can even conjure up something to give you more privacy. I mean.. I can’t make a new room or conjure a pocket dimension for you… I don’t think… but we can work something out. Maybe some curtains? Partitions? We’ll make this a nice place for us both, Emiko.”

When Emiko starts to speak about the movie experience, Zatanna sits slowly down on the edge of her own bed, setting the wand next to her. She keeps a wide smile on her lips, her eyes watching Emiko’s. She is genuinely interested in her story, but more than that she’s listening for little clues as to Emiko’s psyche, things that might help Zatanna get through to her more easily without making the other girl feel ill at ease. Sensei… ninjas… she is very well aware of what a sensei is, of course. And as for ninjas… she’s aware of them, probably not nearly as much as Emiko of course. But she does know ninjas wouldn’t (for the most part) use actual magic, but what would be called sleight of hand. And that is something Zatanna is an expert in. But still.. Emiko speaks of a sensei, and of finishing her training. She glances down as she smiles widely once Emiko falls silent, and then she looks back to her as she pushes herself to her feet. “I’m thinking you’n I have more in common than we first thought. Having masters… I’ve had multiple… and living life in training. And wanting to feel stronger, even if maybe we know we’re not. I truly don’t think it’s ridiculous at all, Emiko.”

The dark skinned girl draws her hands up, and they shimmer with a sparkling blue energy, and she thinks to herself a moment before she speaks. "ekam okime a elttil tneserp" Her hands stop shimmering, and she holds one of her hands out towards Emiko. Her hand is closed in a fist, pointed downwards. “You find comfort and your own special power with your outfit… I find mine in the things I know about magic. I think it’s such a wonderful thing that you feel like you can do anything, sometimes I feel the same way. Especially when” her fist turns upwards and her hand opens, and now sitting in her palm is a little ninja figure…
NA01.jpg
“I can make people smile a bit. That’s when I really feel like I can take on the world.” She motions to the figure with her head. “For you, a room-welcoming present from the great Zatanna.”

Reactions: Quake
Pamela Isely

Pam's eyes follow Dinah as she hefts the weight and drops it on the bed. Dinah was certainly very comfortable with them how she flips it in her hand. When Dinah welcomes her to use the weights as well, Pam sits up and looks at her arms. "I suppose my arms could use some more work, so I might take you up on that." She looks up in time to see Dinah take off her shirt, and blushes but does not look away. It was very brief after all. Only a couple seconds at most and nobody else could see her taking in the definition on Dinah's back. Among other things. "I go to sleep really early. Like when the sun goes down I can barely keep myself awake." Pam says without thinking when Dinah says in time they would learn about their odd habits and nods her agreement.

"And yes, I'd like to go see the rest of the little library while we wait." She steps off the bed and follows behind Dinah on the way back to the common room. It looks like most of the others are back by the time they are, except for Emiko and Zatanna whose room they passed on the way. Anselle was making conversation with Mr. Mysterious she'd seen just walk in unannounced before, Barry was listening to music and playing his game, and Connor was unabashedly ogling Harley on the couch.

She might have judged Connor for that, if she hadn't been doing much the same more discretely. Pam goes for the library and browses as they wait, finding a book of the flora of the Amazon River Basin and sits in one of the chairs against the wall as she reads it.

Harley Quinn

"Ya made the right choice RJ. And that's too bad about Gwynn, but oh well, family's important. Least I keep hearing it is." Harley says shrugging. She smiles at Connor when he sits across from them, and would have been so oblivious to be blind to not know Connor was practically ogling her. This was a semi-common thing in Harley's life even after the incident which had given her chalk-white skin, and although the boy wasn't her 'type' per say, Harley nonetheless likes the attention.

The girl is still smiling after RJ tries to dissuade Connor, and when he's gone gives Conner a wink then makes a kissing motion with her lips. She takes advantage of RJ leaving to also lie across the couch, arms behind her head.

"Just so ya know, I don't mind the staring." Harley says very quietly looking aside at Connor. She giggles, stretches on the couch and sighs. "So comfy." When Megan comes back from their room, there is an open seat next to the couch. Harley grins up at Megan, waves at Dinah and the others as they come back. Her eyes follow Pam going into the library and that makes her think of something she feels worth mentioning.

"Oh and that fireplace ain't just for looks." She says pointing at said fireplace. "Real nice to light it up and read by."

Pam looks up over the book she's reading, and has a sad look for a second but resumes reading. Not too thrilled about having real wood just for burning, but it is what it is..

Conner Kent

The comment the new kid decided he wanted to make about Conner looking over Harley didn't sit the best. Conner wasn't looking that hard at the girl. He just hasn't seen attractive girls much and it was a nice site to enjoy. Conner just brushed off the comment and tilted his head back in the chair and closed his eyes a bit since having them open and looking at others was an issue even though Harley said it was fine. While his eyes were closed, he let his ears tune into the room.

Everyone was starting to show up it seemed. Barry was sitting off somewhere doing is own thing. The shapeshifter girl, Megan he recalled, entered and sat next to Harley. His roommate, Anselle, came in and began to talk to the new kid who said his name was RJ or something like that. Then he caught the steps of others entering that he didn't see when he closed his eyes. He opened one eye just enough to see the seaweed girl, Pamela, walk by and head off to the library. She cute for sure but very small and looked to be a book worm. Her entering the room definitely got Harley's attention though.

The other girl though that came in with Pam, Dinah, was wearing a different shirt. Basically just a tank top now. What stood out though was not her looks, and she was pretty, but it was her muscles. Being as Conner worked out regularly at the facility he was raised, he could always spot another gym rat when he saw them and this girl didn't miss a day it seemed. She would be fun to spare with he thought as he looked her way for a bit. He didn't look long though as he didn't want to get yelled at by everyone for looking at the pretty girl. It looked as if everyone was here except for the magic girl and Emiko. Wonder if they would join us as well.

"Huh?" RJ was focusing on what looks like(but could just be in his imagination) the seam to a secret door on a far wall across from Harley, Connor and Megan when he hears someone greet him. He takes a moment to appreciate that he has to look down somewhat to look Anselle in the eye, and stop himself from smiling too much about it. "Name's RJ, and yeah I was a last-minute inclusion." He makes a rough estimation of the other boy's height and reckons he's just shy of five feet and stout.

He looks over at the others as Anselle does. His eyes follow Dinah more than the others but to him, more discretely than Connor's. Only to him at least. With that shirt he can see the definition of her muscles, the tell of someone who probably takes fitness just as serious as himself. He comes back shrugging. "Oh yeah yeah, real fun and intersting bunch we got." He doesn't make any mention of having observed the others before. No telling how some of these might take that information. RJ does get the feeling Anselle wouldn't mind. In fact he would hazard a guess the kid doesn't mind or complain about much just looking him in the eye.

A good person sees Anselle and thinks he could make a great friend. A bad person would think he's an easy mark. RJ makes a mental note to watch out for him as he hates seeing people being taken advantage of.

"So, while we wait for a teacher, I was looking around for any hidden doors." He knocks on the nearby wall in a couple places but nothing hollow is revealed. " Just thinking ya know, wouldn't it be fun to find a secret room? Place looks big enough to be hiding a few at least."

Barry

Seeing as most everyone was here, Barry decided to go introduce himself to his new roomie. He zipped over there & extended his hand.

" Barry Allen, I believe we'll be room mates ! "

Now it is interesting to Barry that this RJ guy, while he wasn't in the room, described him ( barry ) as speedy Gonzalez. Barry was pretty certain he couldn't know that unless a teacher told him, which seemed unlikely or he was simply hiding someplace, like behind the curtain during the period before Mister Tyler came out.

Next he zipped in front of Ansell, again extending his hand to the other boy.

"Nice to meet you Ansell!"

He decided not to bug Connor, there would be time for that later. He went back and sat facing Harley and Megan.

" Hi again Harley, Hello Megan !" He extended his hand to her and she reached out with a smile and gently took it.
" Hi there ! "

Anselle.
[Interactions]
RJ: @Not_Amy
Barry: @Gands
Anselle nodded at RJ's frank description of the bunch, giggling a bit in his chest. "Yeah, it's a little crazy, eh?" Maybe crazy was the wrong word, but it about sumned up the idea that there was way more than a few people with powers, let alone this many kids with them. Even the ones that didn't were still super different from everyone else he'd seen in - forever. Emiko didn't, he thought. Harley, he couldn't be sure, but she was awfully skilled with her roll out on stage, so maybe she was just a flexible person. So was he! They should talk about that.

"Everyone seems friendly! Which is nice 'cause-" Blinking as a boy, tall, blonde and so fast Anselle stared at him for a few seconds to make sure he was real. "Hi there!" Anselle took his hand, squeezing it and - whoa. Whoa!

It was like gripping lightning! Flooding into Anselle's veins and turning each and every drop of blood in his body into a supercell ready to explode.

And then it was over, and he was fine. Barry had let go and zipped away, leaving Anselle touching his own hand. He played with his fingers, the whatever Barry had left behind already sapped away by his skin. "Whoa."

Anselle's brows immediately went high at the sound of rooms being hidden, mouth dropping open before he could caught it. He buried his hands in one another, grinning wide at the prospect. "Oh, I just knew it." So, there were rare rooms, or rather, hidden ones. It only made sense, he supposed.

RJ had a point; the place was huge, and maybe even repurposed if he was being honest. Like an old shed turned into a barn. Stuff was often left were it'd been, painted over, built over, forgotten about. With the amount of kids in the building, Anselle was sure there was only a matter of time until someone found a secret room. He was going to be the first, though.

Reaching out to the wall, Anselle copied RJ's knock, feeling nothing but solid structure behind it. He pursed his lips, thinking for a moment. "Hmm," he hummed, considering...something.

Again, he knocked, only this time, his eyes were glowing, knuckles emitting his light as he knocked with a bit more force, this time feeling how his energy traveled through the wall. It was solid all the way through, nothing to find here. Pleased with his method, Anselle looked up at RJ, newly excited about the place.

"I'm gonna try and find some!" And off he went, knocking at odd places in the wall, eyes still faintly glowing. He largely ignored the conversations going on in the center of the room, sticking to the edges of the rooms, feeling along picture and door frames. "Secret room, secret room, where are yoooou!"

Last edited:
Megan

Sitting near Harley and curiously watching the others. Her mind wandered a bit, remembering the first earth person she met. An older woman, homeless who lived in the park. The woman took her for a young run away and took her in for a couple of nights at her camp. Megan helped her with her route through the area picking up bottles and cans. The results paid for some food. They went to an aid station that knew her and they got a blanket for Megan.
Megan was able to touch or be touched by the old woman thus learning more English.

Megan emerged from her memories watching Barry zip around the room. She shook his hand with a smile and said hello. Her roommate was enjoying the attention of course. Miss Pam was reading a book. Dinah was in the room looking fit and fierce. New boy RJ was looking her over. Connor had moved to a different seat and had now joined RJ in giving Dinah the once over. Even with a tight lid on her telepathic powers. Most of the boys here were deep in their coming of age emotions. She rather wondered what the teachers were thinking probably watching them by way of hidden cameras.

Emiko Queen/ Red Arrow

Everything Zatanna was saying resonated deeply with Emiko. It was nice having someone try and make an effort for her sake. Maybe Emiko had been wrong about her new roommate. For all intensive purposes the girl had been nothing but kind and warm since they had begun their conversation. It was odd, but Emiko couldn’t help but feel drawn to the magical girl’s positive and infectious personality.

“I’m afraid I don’t have anything I could give you in return that would be of use,” Emiko replied, taking the figurine gently from Zatanna’s open palm as she looked around the room for something to gift back. After a moment her eyes brightened. “Oh!...well, I do have this.”

Reaching into her back pocket Emiko pulled out a stone arrowhead barely larger than a quarter. The small trinket was a rich black color, simple in design and yet flawless in almost every way. Towards the base of the arrowhead a section of black leather cord was fashioned through a small hole with some wire allowing the trinket to be worn as a tiny necklace.

“This is something I wore when I was a young child.”
Emiko explained. “It’s called an Oni gādo. The elders say it’s made from the spear of a great priest warrior from the days of old. It’s meant to protect from evil spirits, demons, and the like. Personally I can’t say whether or not it actually works, but I’ve never run into a demon yet. So maybe?” She shrugged sheepishly, placing the necklace into Zatanna’s open palm. “I’m sure with your magic you’d have no issue with evil spirits, but it can’t hurt to have a little extra protection, right? Besides, It’s not like i’m leaving myself unguarded. Emiko grinned. "I have a spare one I stole tied to the grip on my bow. So yeah...I uhm, I hope you like it.”

sF75Xpr.jpg

@Camleen

Most of the group are now gathered in the common room, and the next part waits till everyone is actually there. And then from one of the doors leading to the common room, a young woman walks in with a wide smile. They had already seen her once, actually. Courtney Whitmore stands just beyond the door, looking over the group. Making sure everyone is assembled. She claps her hands lightly as she speaks, still smiling widely. “Everyone, can I have your attention please!” Her tone is a chipper one. “Like I said b’fore, I’m Courtney Whitmore, and I’ll be acting as one of your teachers here at Argo. Sooooo I’m gonna take over now and get you guys to the next part of your orientation!” She motions them all to follow her as she turns. “C’mon!” She walks through the doorway she had just came from, whistling a cheerful tone as she does.

Nothing will seem out of the ordinary. Even to telepaths, nothing seems to be going on unusual. Even as they approach the door, things seem kosher enough. But… the moment they step over the threshold, things change. They won’t even seem to recognize that something is amiss until a moment or so after they walk through the door. And by then it’s to late. Courtney is suddenly just gone, her whistling coming to an abrupt end. The room they were entering, also, is gone. Replaced by a dingy alleyway. A few dumpsters line the alley, a few homeless sheltering themselves near it. Day, too, is gone. Replaced by night. The air smells a bit foul, the kind of stale city air you would come across when you’re not exactly in the best of neighborhoods. Somewhere in the cityscape, a siren is heard wailing away. In an extreme distance, a man shouting can be heard. Cluttering of garbage and junk somewhere in the darkness…

Should Megan reach out with her powers, she would find nothing out of the ordinary. As if they had simply arrived somehow in this city. And as for Barry… were he to start running in any direction and keep going (in an effort to get out of the city), he would find himself over and over in the alleyway. As if he were simply looping around it over and over, forever. And if the kids try to turn around and get back through the door.. they will find the door is just gone. As if it were never there.

dbanner001b.jpg
Dinah stands now in the common room, watching as Pam goes off towards the book place. She’s not fond of libraries and all, way to boring. Whatever she could learn in one of those places, she could probably more easily learn on the streets. And books don’t really offer that much to her in regards to entertainment. That can be found on the streets too.

Her hands move to rest on her hips as RJ and Ansell start to look for secrets within the common room. She just watches them with an odd expression… do they just look for secret rooms or whatever wherever they go? Boys…

And speaking of boys… she seems to have caught the attention of some of them. And unbeknowst to her, Pam’s attention. But as she watches the group with a little amused smile, she pretends not to notice Conner’s not really subtle stare. She does notice RJ’s look, but it was just a look. Conner seems like he’s trying to memorize how she looks or something, he’s staring at her so hard. But again, she pretends not to notice. Maybe she likes that sort of attention. Maybe that’s the actual reason she changed her shirt.

Courtney walks into the room, and Dinah smirks a little to herself. It feels like that girl is always smiling or being super cheerful or something. Which Dinah loves about her, but it can wear on your nerves sometimes. Someone who is always happy can’t always be happy, right? Courtney instructs them to follow, and Dinah of course does. She actually moves to the head of the group behind Courtney, as if she were leading the group to the next part of the orientation.

And that’s when things go nuts.

It takes her a few moments to realize that she is no longer at the Academy. “Whoah” she utters softly, and she spins around towards the door. Which is no longer there. Her eyes widen as she spins around again, facing the oppostie end of the alley. “What the hell what the hell” She utters again as her hands clench into fists. She draws her fists up a little, uncertainty clouding her mind. Uncertainty playing with her sense of security. But it occurs to her as she takes a few sheepish steps away from the group. “Wait… wait I know that skyline.” She motions towards the distant opening of the alley, more specifically the lighted skyscrapers standing tall in darkness. “That tower” she means a skyscraper seeming to be just taller than the other buildings around it “is Loqerquist Towers.. we’re.. we’re in Gotham..” She seems to start to relax as she looks around herself slowly. “But it’s night now… and… how..” her voice trails off, feeling a bit of fright building in her heart.