1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
The Argo Academy
argoouts.jpg

Open Signups, Info

Posting order:
Dinah Lance, Zatanna Zatara - @Camleen
Pamela Isley, Harleen Quinzel - @Ms.Ezra
Conner Kent - @MrStoryTeller
Roy Raymond Jr. - @Not_Amy
Anselle Cordell - @Ragamoofin
Megan Morse, Bary Allen - @Gands

Emiko Queen - @QuakeUPSB

Last edited:
Anselle.
[Interactions]
Dinah: @Camleen
Gwynn: @ValGalorian
Pamela: @Ms.Ezra
Emiko: @QuakeUPSB
Conner: @MrStoryTeller
Was he still dreaming? This was - maybe not too good to be true, Oddsend was full of people with powers, but that was Oddsend. If everyone had came to the mansion like him, that meant they could've been from anywhere. He'd come from a place that wasn't even in the papers, who knew where everyone else came from. Except Gwynn. He came from the house of Llfyr.

Wherever those places were, one thing about them was similar and clear: they all had powers. Well, powers or at least different. Anselle wasn't sure about everyone, but the redhead at least seemed open to showing. The blonde, not so much. Still, Anselle appreciated her ''power.'' He giggled, gap on full display as his face split into a grin. "Ouch," he said around his chuckle.

Head turning to follow the redhead's short climb over the chairs around them, making her way to a pair Anselle hadn't noticed before. They'd sat everyone from most, the empty chairs around them making them all the more obvious in a room full of people already bunching together. Hands clasping together, Anselle broke into a brief jog to catch up to the girl, not wanting to miss a second of - whatever it was she could do.

Finally up to the far off pair, Anselle was just in time for the guy of the two to introduce himself. Conner, the girl was Emiko. Nice, nice! "Hi, Conner!" Anselle greeted, smiling wide at him, tilting his head to look to the girl who'd taken her seat again, looking somewhat flustered after her own introduction. "You did great, Emiko!" Anselle encouraged with a clap, pointing at her bow with an excited gleam to his eyes. "I like your bow!" It was cool - oops, no - Scarlet was cool.

As Pamela asked for some of what Emiko was eating, Anselle began to watch her intensely, eyes showing all his emotions as something in the air changed and the grass - Anselle wasn't sure - was rejuvin- rerestor- it came back to life. Anselle gasped as Pamela's power allowed the plant to grow, fast, until it was a huge blade of green. Not so sharp but really bendy, Pamela shaping it into a coiling ribbon, to a - belt? - to a scarf. Anselle's hands were clapping before he cheered aloud, hopping in place at the display.

"Pamela, that was a-aa-amazing!" Anselle's eyes never left the plant around her neck, mouth falling open at the sight. "That's so cool!" Gasping again, Anselle's fingers splayed around his eyes, corners of his mouth rising in a toothy smile. "I can't believe you do the eye thing, too!" Edging closer, Anselle's hands fell away from his face, opening his eyes as wide as he could to stare at Pamela. "I do that, too!"

All of a sudden, there was a flash in Anselle's eyes. Brown flushing out as a light, purple and piercing, filled his eyes. His pupils were a pale purple, whites even brighter around them. From his eyes, a ripple passed like a sharp corona, lavender light emanating from his skin, shining easily through the layers of his clothes. His hair had fallen in heavy braids before, now they floated about him, dark strands channeling the light with the same ease as his skin.

Anselle smiled, now literally beaming. "Pretty cool, right?" Anselle looked over himself, chuckling at just how bright he was. "I think I was sucking up sunlight for too long, I'm usually not this shiny," he explained with a chortling laugh. "I'm afraid I can't do much but be a really good lantern like this, but maybe if I-" Piercing eyes coming to rest on Conner, Anselle's glow dissipated back into his skin, braids falling back over his shoulders, ends dangling around his middle.

"Conner! Hi, nice to meet you, hi." All but hopping next to him, Anselle gave the boy a eager smile. "You look pretty strong. You are, right?" Pointing to his face, Anselle wore the same smile. "Think you could punch me? Don't hold back, now! The harder, the better! Try to make it hurt!"

Last edited:
Megan

The young Martian was trying to watch it all, listen to it all. Really quite exciting. The not human boy was telling everyone about his powers. Good senses, strong and tough, immune to fire. Given her own peoples strong feelings about fire that in and of itself was amazing.

The pretty pale girl came over and asked who she was! Megan then produced a wide happy grin.

" My name is Megan! I am so very happy to meet you! I like your exhuberance, your energy, and you are so pretty!"

Now, Megan was dying to use her telepathy, but she had been warned to be very careful, that human minds were fragile. She allowed herself only to feel the barely leaking emotions of Harley. Even that was a wild, excited emotional jumble of mostly positive. So much like a beautiful stained glass window done by Picasso. She managed to stop herself there at least.

The other red haired girl went and brought a dead plant back to life.. Which seemed to Megan a very special gift indeed.

She listened to the tall dark haired boy proclaim himself to have powers like Superman.... Whoever that was. The short stalky boy, was still very excited. He then started to glow, challenging the tall boy to punch him.. He wasn't mean about it though at least..

All this excitement made her forget for a moment Dr Fate's voice in her memory.. { " we know exactly what you are!"} She turns back to Harley and leans in to whisper....

" have you met any of the teachers yet ?"

Barry

By and large Barry was a decent kid. But the mystery that the female of the species represented continued to confound and mystify him. Here at this new private, say even unique school, it appears this would not change. He thought about this watching Harley stride away. This brought his eye to Dinah, fierce. Likes to beat people up Dinah.. Then red headed Pam with the plant powers. The pretty Asian archer girl seemed to like hanging out with super guy... Then the wallflower redhead Megan.

Among the other boys, dark haired super dude seemed to have the comic book square jaw and he was really tall. Ansell was.. Well... Wide.. He seemed okay, a bite enthusiastic. Asking people about powers just seemed out of the ordinary to Barry.

He had been playing a little hand held electronic game with a part of his attention, listening to a cassette player in one ear & watching the others with yet another part of his mind.

He managed to stop looking at the girls for now. This after one look too much at dangerous Dinah who like to beat people up. The nickname stuck in his mind.. Dangerous Dinah.. He made up nicknames to help himself remember names. Super guy Conner..

He started to look at the stage curtain and he thought he saw it move. He thought for a moment of zipping up to the curtain and peeking back through it. After a moment though he thought it might not be a great idea to startle any potential schoolmates or staff.

So instead, he popped in a cassette soundtrack to the movie Amadeus and tried to meditate the way his mentor taught him

Last edited:
Reactions: ValGalorian
Emiko Queen / Red Arrow

Emiko watched as her favorite childhood snack transformed before her very eyes. Incredible. What had the girl just done? And how? More importantly, was the seaweed still edible? These were just a few of the questions that ran through the young Emiko’s head as she watched the display in amazement and confusion. When Pamela was done, Emiko clapped lightly. It was pretty cool.

With the spectacle over, the other students began introducing themselves, and they seemed to be doing a much better job than the awkward show Emiko had put on earlier. However that didn’t seem to matter now. Dinah Lance introduced herself, and Emiko couldn’t help but be drawn to her. The blonde seemed tough and full of confidence, attributes that reminded Emiko of her half brother, Oliver. The young girl wondered how he was, now that he was back to working alone.

The boy next to her, Conner, had said something about being similar to some sort of superdude. Emiko wasn’t sure who that was, but perhaps he was someone notable in Conner’s hometown. She could only guess and sit in silence as the other students spoke about themselves and their gifts. Had the odd looking kid over there just say he had scales? And could breathe fire? As everyone began to show off their unique talents, Emiko began to question why she was here. She couldn’t breathe fire. Transform plants. Glow like a torch in a dark cave. Could her own skills really compare to superpowers? Ansell complimenting her bow brought Emiko back to reality, where she had previously been deep in thought.

“What? Oh. Yes. Like I told Conner, this is Scarlet. My bow. It doesn’t glow, or transform, or do any sort of flashy tricks, but it’s never let me down. With it, there isn’t a shot that I can’t make.” Emiko wasn’t the best in social situations, but when it came to combat her confidence was through the roof.

@Ms.Ezra
@Camleen
@MrStoryTeller
@Ragamoofin
@Everyone Else

dbanner001b.jpg
Well… so far so good. Dinah wasn’t so sure as to what to expect once the students began meeting one another. She half expected there to be fights or something. There’s really nothing to base that off of, really. Maybe it’s the fact most of her ‘friends’ are sparring partners. But everyone seems to be getting along. Part of her is dissapointed… excitement is exciting, after all.

She tucks her hands into the pockets of the jacket she wears as she watches everyone with a little confident grin, her focus then on Pamela. Is… her power eating seaweed? If they have to rescue fish caught in a jumble of seaweed, she should be great! But Dinah’s eyes widen in surprise as Pam’s eyes first change, and she actually steps quickly back when the seaweed suddenly grows! And grows! “Gah!” she exclaims in surprise. She finds herself laughing a little then, and she claps her hands lightly. So she controls seaweed? Is that what that was? Hopefully many of their missions or whatever will be near the water, so Pam can feel useful at least part of the time.

Gwynn is next to speak up, to describe his powers. So the kid’s weird features serve purpose too, huh? He’s probably a good tracker… and his skin turns into scales. Like… dragon scales or fish scales? Could he and Pam be a team on the beach? Pam manipulating the seaweed to get the people out, and Gwynn grows scales to swim into the water more easily and get the people out. “Yeeeeah no one likes the cold, buddy.” She utters softly, still grinning widely.

Superboy? What.. the hell kind of name is Superboy? Dinah looks towards Conner oddly. That sounds like the codename a really really lazy person would come up with. But there’s a Superman too? Dinah glances away from the group, thinking back to all the little talks she’s had with different members of the Justice Society. She doesn’t particularly remember them mentioning a man.. super or otherwise. Not with powers. “Gnarly ‘S’, man. Pretty sure we’re all here to learn, so welcome to the creepshow.” She gives him a thumbs up. There’s nothing in the way she speaks or her demeanor that speaks of her words being vicious. Quite the contrary, she’s actually looking forward to getting to know her classmates.

Ansell is suddenly (unexpectedly) a Lite-Brite, and Dinah’s hand comes up to partially shield her eyes. “Whooooah.” she says with a soft giggle. So is that his power? He glows? Well that can be useful, of course. While Pam holds the seaweed at bay, Ansell can go into the water with Gwynn to more easily find people. It’s all coming together! But her eyes widen when Ansell asks Conner to punch him. She takes a sudden step forward, her fisted hands pumping up and down lightly in front of her. “Yeah! Punch ‘im! Let’s see ya rumble!”

But almost as soon as she shouts that… the sound of the PA system is heard, a slight squealing sound as it is turned on. A voice is heard over the speakers mounted on the walls, it echoing slightly in the gynmasium. “No one punches anyone, students. We will begin momentarily.”
As soon as she hears the voice, Dinah glances up and motions to Conner and Ansell to slow it down, shaking her head a little.

When she looks towards Conner, her attention is taken by Emiko a moment. Dinah perks a brow with the girl’s words. First, very cool to name your weapon of choice. Says the girl that named her fists ‘Sugar Ray’ and ‘Ali’. And Dinah appreciates that Emiko says she isn’t flashy or anything… her kind of gal. Subtle. The ones that don’t boast about all they can do and when… those are the most dangerous people. “Okay, you’re teaching me to shoot a bow.” She says as she motions to Emiko with a wide smile. Of course not realizing that you don't actually 'shoot' a bow...

But there are just so many fascinating personalities here… added to ‘Harley’, the quiet redhead (Megan) and the guy that maybe is a speedy one like Jay… well he seems to be in his own little world, playing some kind of handheld game thing. Not everyone reacts to new groups in the same manner. Some actually draw more into themselves… maybe to stay there until they feel safe, and then they make themselves more apparent. Harley approaches Megan.. a good start. But Dinah decides she maybe needs to pick up the baton now. She looks to Pam out of the corner of her eyes with a wide grin and nudges her in the arm. “Chill here a sec, Pammy. Gonna say hi to that Joanie.” She says motioning to Megan. When Dinah nudges Pam… it’s super possible she does it a little to hard. Not intentionally, of course.

And at that, Dinah strides right towards the section of chairs that the others are in. She pats Barry on the shoulder as she passes behind him, giving him the thumbs up as she does and a wide smile. Just so he can ‘see’ her saying hi. He’s in his own sphere, and she doesn’t want to pull him out of it. But she wants him to know that they know he’s there, and they’re welcoming to him. She moves to sit in the chair in front of and one seat over where Megan is, and she turns in the chair to smile broadly to Harley and Megan, her arm draped over the back of the chair. “Hey red2. Sorry, Pammy is red1, but only cause I met her first.” She looks to Harley with still a smile, and then back to Megan “Welcome to the class, both of ya. Class, or superteam or whatever we end up as.” And then as she speaks… it occurs to Dinah. Why are they waiting? She knows the voice that came over the PA… are they expecting more students? No sooner does that thought formulate itself than it is answered…

zban001c.jpg
"Gib ecnanrtne"
Words whispered from somewhere, heard by no one save for the one that uttered them. And suddenly in the gymnasium, music starts to play! Loud, but not deafening. And not so loud people can’t talk over it, louder than background music. The gymnasium doors, which they all passed through, seem to glow at their edges with a white shimmering energy. Those doors suddenly and forcefully swing open, and through them thick steam rolls in. The light along the doors now draws itself away and reforms into baseball sized globes of light. And those globes hover in the air and begin to change in spectacular fashion, cycling through all of the colors of the spectrum. The fog seems to rear up in front of the door, and then it dissipates abruptly… and is replaced by a young girl. She stands with a wide smile on her lips, her arms extended upwards. Her long dark hair is tied into a bun, concealed under the top hat she wears. In one of her hands she holds a plastic magician’s wand. She is clad in a tuxedo, black slacks and tails, the whole nine. But instead of a shirt under the tux jacket, it’s more of a corset. But still covers most of her skin. Her hands concealed under white gloves. She stands there with arms extended upwards, and then her free hand whips her top hat off as she takes a bow. She rolls the top hat up her arm and it replaces itself on her head. She begins to stride forward with a confident gate, the lights and music suddenly fading from view. “Ladies, gentlemen, countrymen! I am the great and talented Zatanna!” She strides towards the group as if she hadn’t just walked in through a light and sound spectacle, that big toothy smile not fading. “And I’m also your class buddy!” She stops near the back of the group, not far between Pam and Emiko’s positions.

And just as Zatanna takes her spot… there is movement up on the stage itself. An older looking man, perhaps in his late 50’s? He wears a very nice business suit, an American flag pin upon the lapel. He clears his throat, and he stands at the edge of the stage, his hands folded behind his back. “Well now.” He starts “It looks like we’re all here now. Please, have a seat.” He motions to the chairs as he continues. “My name is Rex Tyler, and I’m the main administrator of this facility. Allow me the honor of being the first to welcome you to the Argo Academy.” He says in a proud tone. “You’re all very special, very gifted young people. And we’re happy to have you hear. And we’re thrilled with the prospects of what you can make of this world.” He now starts to slightly pace, his eyes staying on the group. “And all of you, whether you believe it or not, has the ability to change things. To make things in this darkening world a bit better. And that’s why you’ve been asked here. Before we get into room assignments or any of the other boring administrator stuff, anyone have any questions?” He then stops pacing, facing the group from the stage.

Pamela Isley

Pamela mouths a 'wow' around her smile when her demonstration gets such a good reception. It had been one of a few things she had practiced back at home, except with willow branches and such. She wonders if there is some willows around the grounds she could appropriate. Harley callingh her 'Red' was unexpected but welcome, though she did think it might cause some confusion with the other redhead girl here.

What was her name again? Has she given it yet and I wasn't paying attention? I sure hope not.

Pam had a mind to go over to said girl, but Ansell commanded her attention first. It was her turn to be surprised by Ansell showing not only did his eyes change, but he started glowing. And it had a peculiar effect on Pam. She always felt more alive when outside with the sun coming down on her, and lethargic when not. Now she felt practically brand new being so close to the solar energy coming off Ansell, and she couldn't help but match his smile too. Before she could really say anything however, Connor had his attention, and so hers as well. Pam tried not to look just a little sad his glow went away while listening to Connor and the others.

The name 'Superman' makes her go "Hmm?". That name had been floating around on the radio for some time, but it didn't look like it registered with the others. A mysterious, fast-moving entity that had been spotted doing all sorts of feat such as stopping a train when it derailed, catching people in mid-air when they felll(or jumped) from great heights. Even those who had been held by him were in no state to have gotten a clearer image of him besides he was indeed a man or man-shaped with an S on his chest. Hence he was called a Superman.

So it seemed the general public was only speculating on this Superman, while someone else knew a lot more. Namely Connor.

That train of thought was quick, but had her distracted enough she thought she had to have missed something for Ansell to so suddenly ask, almost challenge, Connor to punch him as hard as he can. Pam couldn't help but roll her eyes and step away from Ansell as she thought about her mother's warning that boys tended to get in fights for no real reason, and the best thing to do about it was step or walk away. So to Pam, Ansell for now seemed like just another dumb boy.

An addendum to that was made when Dinah, to her further surprise, egged them on. Pam shook her head. Pam was a gardener, not a fighter. Thankfully, someone with authority put a stop to this over the PA system and Dinah went along with it in spite of her previous eagerness, which Pam appreciated even if the nudge she was given did make her go "Ow..." and rubs that spot. It didn't hurt too much, just was unexpected and less welcome than the nicknames being thrown around.

Joanie? Is that the other girls name? Do they know each other?

She eyes Emiko's bow, mentioned twice earlier, and wonders what it's made of and if Emiko would let her hold it sometime. Her father had a simple wooden bow for hunting small game around their property; hers looked far more serious than his.

Pam is very startled by the sudden music and light show that erupts from the doors. She utters a squeak of surprise and closes her eyes, stumbles trying to turn and get away from it, and luckily plops into a chair rather than falling right on her butt to the floor. Pam manages to open her eyes just as the new girl, Zatanna, says her name in a similarly austentatious manner. She waves at Zatanna weakly while trying to blink away the lingering flashes in her eyes.

I really hope she doesn't do that every time she enters a room...

The arrival of Rex Tyler, their Principal or whatever here, brings Pam to sit quietly and listen intently even as she keeps blinking and following his movement over the stage. Pam has a lot of questions really. Too much. They are mainly the how they, a group of kids, could change the world for the better. And why? The Justice Society, to her, and the myriad other heroes at least heard about in whispers are doing a lot already.

But Pam keeps these questions to herself. They sound in her head like questions for some other time, when she's at least gotten used to her new environment and peers.

Harley Quinn
Harley bats her eyes, smiles, and twirls one of her pigtails in response to Megan's compliments. "Awww thanks Meg! Ya look real pretty yaself." She beams back at Megan and follows the other girl's eyes to the commotion the other kids are making of themselves. She giggles a little when Ansell lights up like a Christmas tree, and even if Pam wasn't aware of it, pretty much had stars in her eyes looking at him from others looking at her. That giggle gets even louder when Ansell surprises everyone with a challenge to the big lug with dark hair who called himself 'Superboy'.

And I thought Batman was kinda goofy. What's so Super about him anyway? She asks giving Connor the once-over. The muscles, jawline and everything doesn't catch her as particularly 'Super'. He looks like a Calvin Klein model, and just about as flat in her opinion. All the same though, Harley does secretly want him to punch Ansell as requested, just to see what would happen, if it would reveal more of his powers.

The girl wishes there were a way to show off her 'power' as it were. But it would look real insane to ask if anyone had something fatally poisonous she could lick or drink to prove it had no effect on her. The meds stop her from doing anything real insane like that.

The possible fight is dissolved(presumably) by the voice of someone Harley recognizes over the PA. Just as well. Not good for them to be throwing punches even in fun on the first day.

When Megan leans in, Harley is close enough to hear her whisper and answers in a similar whisper. "I met a couple. Doc Mid-Nite's my favorite." She leans forward even more, making the chair lean with her on its back legs so much it's in danger of tipping, yet doesn't. "Whyyyy are we whispering? Ya plottin' somethin'?" She inquires. Dinah joins them at that time, and Harley smiles back. "I should be the one welcoming you. I kinda been living here after all." She looks between the girls "You are gonna love the digs they made for us. No padded walls!"

Harley doesn't have a chance to respond to Megan. The sudden lightshow gets everyone's attention. Harley's eyes are wide as possible, and grin trying to touch her ears as Zatanna forms from the fog amid all the lights and music. She looks the part of a magician, and that was a Vegas type of opening if she's ever seen one. Harley hops up to stand on her seat and claps erratically, whistles her appreciation. "Wowy-wow-wowwhat a show!" She exclaims and jumps, almost runs, to sit next to Zatanna.

"Hi! Harley Quinn, and are you looking for like a magician's assistant? I'm real flexible, I look good in a leotard, and I work for the laughs and smiles!" She says beaming at the other girl. Having been living here, and been behind the curtain with Rex Tyler before meeting everyone, Harley doesn't give the man or his opening for questions any mind. She looks to be peering around Mr. Tyler, as if expecting someone else to come out. Wanting them, really.

Last edited:
Gwynn
The connor kid looked tough. So did Dinah. Why would another human kid want to be punched by him? This kid had said he was like Superman. Gwynn knew of the famous heroes, stories of heroes new and old are were a big topic of conversation on his home island. Though he knew very little about Superman; strong, could fly, and liked to catch the flying vehicles that humans flew because they have no sensible idea as to what a wyvern is or how to fly it.

There was a sudden burst of music. Not like the harps and lutes of his homeland. This was a different kind of music. Had it not been so loud, Gwynn could of enjoyed it. Unfortunately, however, it was too loud for his sensitive ears. He raised both hands up to cover his long ears and protect them. He couldn't hear the doors open but the bright light caught his attention. Smoke, and then even more light. Red and orange and yellow and green and blue and purple, but not quite his full spectrum of sight. He had been told that was all these humans could actually see. The fog amassed together, unnaturally, as though it was being controlled. Then dissipated all at once. Leaving behind a young woman. A beautiful young woman wearing the strangest attire. Strange... But it really looked great on her. As the light faded away and she introduced herself, Gwynn gave a small wave before averting his eyes back down to the floor.

There were so many amazing people here. In all of the excitement he had thought himself special. But no. He had not even grown into his full scales yet.

He should of heard someone backstage. His ears could have easily picked up the feint sounds. But Gwynn was far too excited. Perhaps less time showing off his ears and more time actually using them would be far more prudent. Due to this, he was surprised to hear the a man talking on stage. Gwynn sat down as told. Choosing the nearest chair to him. Next to Ansell and still plenty close to the food table. This man, Rex Tyler, reminded Gwynn of his uncle. Talking of changing the world. That is what his father and uncle did. They protected people and made a difference. Gwynn was not so sure he was up to the same challenge. He just wanted to live his life, have fun, and fly wyverns and be free.

He looked around to see if anyone had any questions. Gwynn knew why he was here. His uncle had explained it well enough. To learn about the humans of the lower realm, to study them and grow to understand them, so that their worlds can learn to live peacefully together. So far he adored the humans and all of the many amazing and beautiful things they could do. But they said strange things, did strange things, named their weapons, wore strange and enthralling clothes, spoke backwards - yeah, his keen ears had caught that. How could he really ever grow to understand them? Gwynn, once again, turned his gaze back down to his feet. Not because he was embarrassed. But because he was worried.

Conner Kent

Conner looked out at all the confused faces when he mentioned “Superman.” It was like they had never heard of…Conner mentally starting punching himself. Superman wasn’t really known yet to the public. Only a hand full of people really knew of his existence and Conner only knew because Superman wanted to meet him personally a few times. He would have to remember to keep that under wraps.

Before he knew it though, one of the young boys walked up and stood right in front of him. The next sentence caught Conner off guard. The boy, Ansell, wanted Conner to punch him as hard as he could. Conner raised an eyebrow at this as he looked down at the boy. Clearing the kid wasn’t aware of superhuman strength I don’t think or he just had a screw loose. The thought of letting his power out and letting loose a bit did intrigue him but probably not a good idea to knockout or possibly, kill, one of his classmates the first day. It also wasn’t helping that the blonde girl, Dinah, was cheering him on to do it as well. Luckily, someone came over the PA and said there was to be no fighting from students.

Conner smiled, “Listen, kid, I’m not going to…” Conner was cut off by the sights of fog and lights coming from the doors they entered through. It looked like a carnival entrance for a show. Out of the fog though, appeared a girl that introduced herself like a magician named, Zatanna. Maybe she was a magician? Sure looked like she wanted to be one at least. Conner looked to move out of the way of Ansell, “Maybe another time kid,” and sat back down in his seat.

Some time past and then a person came out from behind the stage and introduced himself as Rex Tyler. He was, in a sense, going to be our principal even though he didn’t say it like that. He began to go on about, why we were here and what this means to the world. Conner dozed off a bit honestly at the talking. Once Mr. Tyler was finished though, he asked if there were any questions. Everyone was silent at first. Conner began to think to himself as he looked over his class. “Alright so, a quick head count here. We have a girl who manipulates plates it looks like, a lightning-fast runner boy, this Ansell kid who could float and shine super brightly, the blonde girl who looked like she would hurt someone if you pissed her off, the girl with the bow, another red-haired girl who didn’t really say much, another kid who said something about being part dragon it sounded like, the girl named Harley who Conner thought he should maybe stick clear of and wasn’t sure why, and now, a magician girl.

“This will be interesting.”

Anselle.
[Interactions]
Dinah, Zatanna: @Camleen
Pamela: @Ms.Ezra
Emiko: @QuakeUPSB

Between looking up eagerly at Conner for just one punch, Emiko telling him more about Scarlet and her apparent mastery with her trusty bow, and Dinah egging them to all out fight, Anselle felt his attention be pulled in all directions. He couldn't help himself, he was excited! So far, those who were up to showing their powers had done something cool. All he'd done was glowed, and that was okay, but it wasn't cool. If Conner would just punch him, he'd really be able to show what he could do.

But, alas. Life interfered. Actually, a voice from above called out the scene before it began, but he'd call it life. Shoulders slumping at the Superboy's refusal, for the first time, Anselle's spirits seemed to be dampened. "Aww," he groaned, obviously put off by it. He eyed the ground for a moments, lips coming together in a tight line, fighting back the disappointment. His head snapped up at Conner's suggestion that there might be a time for a punch, and that alone was enough to perk him up.

He was nearly bouncing by then, cheery smile back on his face. "O-okay! Next time, for sure!" Eyes glimmering lilac in his delight, the glow faded as he stared more intensely at Emiko's bow, taking in every detail on it. It was well taken care of, and Emiko showed that much more energy in talking about it. Anselle didn't have much experience with bows and arrows and that like, but he'd worked a harpoon - once. It was scary, he couldn't imagine carrying a smaller version of it on his person, let alone be good at it.

That settled it. Emiko was incredible. "Awe-mazing?" Anselle stumbled over his words, a confused look coming to his face before he decided on a proper one. "Awesomely amazing!" He seemed pleased with that, hands clasping together and squeezing hard, grin about to split his face. "Uh, my older brother uses a huge harpoon to hunt out on seas, but-" Hand covering his mouth - like his brother was going to hear him - Anselle all but whispered the last part. "But I bet you're better than him." He once again covered his mouth, snickering at his joke.

Snickering abruptly turning to a frightened squeak as the doors to the gymna- the room - burst open into lights and sound and fog. He blinked, and watched, a girl appearing out of the fog in the strangest clothes Anselle had ever seen. She introduced herself as Zatanna, which Anselle could easily imagine being quite the name to have when you can do that.

And, ah, she was different. Actually, she was special. Special in a way Anselle couldn't place, just like Pamela. Between the two of them, Ansell couldn't deny there was something a bit more different in Zatanna. Her mere presence made butterflies fly about in his guts, anticipation surrounding him and delving deep within. She was exciting. More than that, she was unexpected and sudden and, and -

God, did his brain forget to pack words? Shaking his head at himself, Anselle took one last lingering stare at Zatanna, smile coming to his face before he turned to find a seat. He sat a row behind Emiko and Conner, his eyes firmly peering at the back of Conner's head. His hand curled into a fist, eyes narrowing at the Superboy before he looked to the man who'd walked onto the stage.

He'd get that punch. Maybe not now, but he'd get that punch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands
Megan

Talking with Harley was cool. Megan very much enjoyed the incredible sparkling emotions of the other girl. She talked about Doctor Mid-Nite. Then Diana wandered by, welcoming her and calling her Joanie ? The only Joanie she knew was from television, the show Happy Days. That seemed odd to her. Reading surface emotions from Dinah, it seemed She was somewhat certain that none of her fellow students knew her secret at least. She watched the other girls wander off to check out the next student who came in. That student certainly liked making an entrance.

Quietly to herself, by herself again with everyone watching the magician girl, she changed shape very quickly into everyone who was in the room. She didn't make any noise, or any fanfare and ending with the shape of the older man who came out to introduce himself. His shape was the last she took before resuming her favorite human form. Once again she heard the ominous voice of Doctor Fate... { " We know exactly who you are"} Well... screw it... She was a White Martian, a native of Mars. She wasn't exactly proud of her people mind you. But she was now determined not to be afraid to be herself anymore. Well.... at least as far as mentally, she was pretty sure her normal base form would scare humans quite silly. If stinking Doctor Fate didn't like it, he could kick her out and be done with it.

Now with that fit of internal monologue done, she sat with a smile and listened to what the mighty Justice Society had in mind for them.

Reactions: ValGalorian
Barry

Barry was rather descending into his own world in a way. It was really because he was nervous and excited. Before the accident that made him the flash, he had been very impetuous. Often acting before his thoughts could stop him. Becoming the a flash didn't help. One of the things Jay Garrick aka THE Flash..
taught him was how to relax. Well... he hadn't mastered all the techniques yet, but he was a lot better. One of the ideas he was taught was to meditate. He did this with music.. Sometimes he had to play one of the hand held games he had to get himself there. After a bit of this, he was able to withdraw into the music of Mozart.

After a bit, Dangerous Dinah came by and pats him on the shoulder, giving him a thumbs up sign as she walks by. Okay, maybe she isn't quite as scary as he thought she was. He returns the gesture with a small smile. Then lights colors whoosh. Magician girl's big entrance He had to admit, quite a show..

Then Rex Tyler, renowned bio chemist and one of the Justice Society came to the stage.

Showtime

Emiko Queen / Red Arrow

Between the talking, the sudden loud music, and the fancy magician girl that had burst through the gymnasium doorway, Emiko couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed by everything that was going on. It seemed like everyone had something to say, and it was all happening at once. When Dinah suggested a lesson on how to use a bow, Emiko smiled. In all reality, using a bow wasn’t incredibly difficult. However being accurate with it, especially at a distance, was the real challenge.

“I wouldn’t mind showing you a thing or two,” she replied, before turning her attention towards Ansell who seemed oddly impressed. Maybe even a bit too much. Perhaps his energetic and positive attitude was just part of who he was. Emiko wasn’t sure, but the young man did seem a bit over the top.

“A harpoon? That’s quite interesting. More of a tool than a weapon in my opinion. Although i’m sure it has it’s combative uses. My half brother uses a bow like I do,” she paused. “He’s alright with it. But not as good as me.” With proof or not, Emiko would never admit that Oliver was the better shot. After all, she’d been training with a bow since she was five. Oliver had only picked it up when he was already an adult. It just wasn’t fair. But that was an internal struggle for another time.

When the curtains on stage shifted slightly, Emiko’s attention was drawn towards the man standing before them. He introduced himself as Rex Tyler, and welcomed them to the facility. Watching him from her seat, Emiko listened intently. The ability to change things? The archer wondered what he was referring to. Taking a quick glance around the room, Emiko Queen wondered what was in store for her and the rest of the group.

@Camleen
@Ragamoofin

dbanner001b.jpg
From her seat Dinah looks over her shoulder towards the pretty lights, but of course recognizing the song firstly. Intrigue draws across her features as she watches… for a moment actually wondering if it’s some kind of attack. But she knows no one would be able to get this close without the Justice Society stepping in. But in a rather anti-climatic fashion… a girl steps out of the fog. She blinks… all of that so the chippie can walk through a door? Eeesh someone needs attention.

Which is absolutely true.

But it’s something else that catches Dinah’s attention out of the corner of her eyes. She looks back towards Megan just as the girl finishes her cycling of shapes, having seen her just at the tail end of the cycle. Dinah scoots back a moment and leans away, taken by utter surprise when she sees Rex Tyler sitting right next to her… and then Megan again. Dinah lets out a huff of air and puts her hand on her own chest as she speaks with a soft giggle. “Geeze Megan ya gave me a heart attack… thought you was havin some kind of like seizure or somethin!” She laughs again, leaning a little closer to Megan, her hand now resting on the girl’s shoulder. “Is that your power? You’re a shapeshifter? Cause that’s pretty awesome.” She says with a nod. Megan would be able to tell that Dinah is being genuine, and she is genuinely excited about this.

Rex stands up on the stage, waiting for anyone to ask anything. He has the attention of most of them… most of them. He makes mental note. Dinah kind of marches to her own drummer at times, but it’s fine for now. Harley is, of course, distracted by the far to flamboyant entrance of Zatanna. Which… her father would have applauded, Rex knows this for a fact. Gwynn seems to be deep in thought. And Ansell is staring holes into the back of Conner’s head, but then his attention moves to the stage. And speaking of Zatanna… she seems distracted at the moment, but does move her attention to the stage when prompted.

zban001c.jpg
Zatanna smiles broadly as Harley approaches where she is now sitting, her legs crossed at her knees and her gloved hands resting on those knees. Everyone’s attention seems to be on the man on the stage… something she isn’t to cool with. He’s not a very good act, certainly not better than her! She does watch Rex a moment more, and then her brown eyes move towards Ansell. She can almost feel his eyes on her… or perhaps some unheard voice is whispering to her about it. She keeps her eyes on Ansell as he sits down, and then she looks back towards Harley, a broad and welcoming smile on her lips. She looks her over once, and then leans towards her, as to not interrupt the bad magic show on the stage (even though it’s not a magic show!). “Harley Quinn? Like harlequin? You got the whole motif going!” She motions to her, her chalk colored skin and red and black plaid skirt. “I love it, you’d make a great assistant!” She suddenly takes her top hat off, and looks like she’s about to reach into it. But… just as she does Rex clears his throat very loudly. Zatanna stiffens and meekly puts the top hat back on, now sitting up in her chair. “Sorry sir!” She exclaims, grinning discretely though as she glances towards Harley.

Rex does clear his throat, hoping to get everyone’s attention again. Especially Harley, since he has a job for her. “I’ve never been a man about speeches or anything” which some would disagree with “but I think you get the point. You kids all have a special gift, a knack nobody else on this planet has. And we hope, with time and patience, we can help you to hone those gifts. And maybe with more time… use them for the good of the folks around you.” He starts to lean down, as if he were going to move to a sitting position to hop off the stage, but he stops himself with a little frown. No, his knees won’t allow that sort of athletics at this moment. So he stands fully and he walks towards the right side of the stage, still speaking. “Harley here has been living in the dorms for a little bit now, so she’s going to be your guide. She’s been around most of the facility, even the places she was asked not to go and thinks we don’t know she did.” He says narrowing his eyes at Harley a moment.

He walks towards the chairs now, reaching into the breast pocket of his shirt and pulling out a folded up piece of paper. He holds it up for the group to see. “These will be your room assignments. Everyone’s got a room buddy… but they aren’t just your roomie. They’ll be your study buddy, your partner here at the Academy. You’ll be responsible for one another. But that…” he makes a dismissive motion “can wait. For now, find your rooms and get acquainted wit one another. Not long from now someone will be along for a little meeting with you kids, and you’ll be given the academy charter. Ground rules, basically.”

He draws in a slow breath, and then releases it as he speaks once more. “But first rule… don’t use your powers against one another without permission. And no fighting! Not unless with an instructor.” He says looking towards Ansell and Conner. Yep, Conner got sucked into this. He looks towards the others “But don’t worry… you kids’ll have plenty of chances to show off your gifts for one another real soon. Just be patient, okay? For now…” He holds the folded up piece of paper to Harley. “Harley’s your guide-gal.” He leans a little closer to Harley as she takes the paper and says in a softer tone. “And stay focused, kiddo, okay?” He gives her a wink as he stands fully, his hands folding behind his back.

Harley Quinn

"Yay! Someone else gets it!" Harley claps like an excited seal. "People these days don't even know what a harlequin is most of the time." And when she sees Zatanna reach into her top hat, she gets even more excited. Was it going to be a rabbit? A snake? A rabbit that hisses like a snake? Oh the possibilities in such a strange world that Harley is left to wonder as Mr. Tyler snuffs out the fun with a simple clearing of his throat. Harley makes a pouty face but still gives Mr. Tyler her full attention as she'd been told before coming out. The girl knew she had a job to do, a role to play. And she was determined to play it well, at least to play it her way. When Mr. Taylor mentions they know Harley has been where she shouldn't be and he narrows her eyes at her, Harley just smiles back and shrugs. "Just testin' security!" She explains and whispers aside at Zatanna "I wasn't."

Harley gets up from her chair and prances over to accept the paper from Mr. Tyler. "Youu got it, Mr. T!" She says giving him a nod, a thumbs-up. and a big smile. She unfolds the paper and gives it a quick read. "Oooh nice pairings!" She folds it back up and puts it down her shirt "Alright ladies and gents! Off to see our nifty digs!" She giggles and hops in place. "Gonna be real noice to have company!"

"E-excuse me!" A woman comes out from behind the curtain suddenly, nearly tripping in her heels but catching herself. "Hi! Courtney Whitmore, I'm one of the teachers, I guess you'd call me, and we need to borrow this one for a bit." She explains putting a hand on Gwynn's shoulder. "Urgent message from home. But you all run along now." She smiles and makes a playful shooing motion at the group as she leads the boy out of the auditorium and down a hall.

"Huh. alright, guess he'll have to play catch-up later." Harley says with an unconcerned shrug. The excitable small girl leads the way out of the auditorium with a skip in her step, and humming a familiar circus tune. She leads the group down the opposite hall Ms. Whitmore had taken Gwynn down, the East side specifically to a set of double wooden doors each bearing the plaque 'Dormitory' Harley puts her hands on both, and throws them open with a "Ta-da!"

The doors open up to a common room. "Looks a little boring but the adults like to consider it 'cozy'." Harley says making air quotes with her fingers. "The library's got the usual encyclopedias, buncha classic literature, and some weird book written by a Blavatsky." She stands in middle of the room and points at the right hallway "Boys" then the left "And us girls. Keys are in your rooms." She takes the folded paper from inside her shirt. "Room assignments are: Harley, that's me, with Meeeegan....Dinah and Paaaam....Zatanna and Emikoooo that's a fun one....Barry and Gwynn whenever he gets back...and Anselle and Connor, another fun one!" She giggles. "Now go check out your rooms, start to make yourselves at home, and we'll meet back here for whoever they conned into doing the next part." She balls up the paper and chucks it into a nearby trashcan, misses, and grabs Megan by the wrist. "Come on! I can't wait for you to see our room!"

Going down their respective halls, the kids would see there are doors with their names taped on a sheet of paper, and some with none. Inside their dorms, the newcomers would of course find their rooms empty save the beds, desks, chairs and dressers waiting to be personalized. That would not be the case with the room Megan would be sharing with Harley.

"Welcome home!" Harley says opening the door and stepping aside to let Megan in first. Harley had claimed the right side of the dorm room as evident by the wall being adorned with posters for Poison, Motley Crue, and Culture Club; the desk loaded down with a bulky tube TV with a NES; the bright pink mini fridge; a mallet against the wall, and a pile of dirty clothes overflowing from a laundry basket. The left closet space nearest the door is untouched. "Weee!" Harley hops onto her bed and asks "What do ya think Meg?" She smiles but internally, she panics about the state of her side of the room, mainly the pile of dirty clothes she'd been meaning to get done this week before orientation day.

hHLuaSyo2tM8gdGD5rbR6919w8mIyz4qEmV2LkIeBoPOvl5C9QaA_tGAeO9dR6MHcgwaxIwJ0WmRaBvNekiXgChgDBs-18Q_IfSHDc-N62ycjMWfZQRzpndMvlLrSXuCC315pcaT

Pamela Isely
Pamela fails to see the other redhead girl, name of Megan, change her form as she was one row in front of her and rubbing her eyes, but Dinah's excited proclamations catches her attention. A shapeshifter? Like one of those mythical creatures she'd read about? Would have to ask what all that was about later because by the time she looks back, Megan is just the same Megan seen earlier.

But for now, Pam focuses her attention on this Rex Tyler. Watching him go to the edge of the stage, Pam notices that moment of hesitation and decision to use the stairs aside the stage. Seemed like a man who was used to just jumping from one point to the other, who was getting used to not as of late. All this talk of charter, and rules and assignments don't sit too well with Pamela Isely. Her upbringing had been very 'freewheeling' as they say. No curfew, no being told where she wasn't allowed to go or how far from home. Once she'd even asked to walk alone all the way to town for ice cream and been given a couple dollars for it, and nothing more. But, if living under rules could get her to learning how to really control these powers, then maybe they would be worth it. It would be nice to not have to be so careful who she touched, or who touched her.

When it came time to move out, Pamela collects her duffle and slings it over her shoulder before following the group. The sudden collection of Gwynn was a little concerning for her. Her father's paranoia peeked its head out in that moment. Was it really just a family matter he was being taken away for? The woman seems trustworthy enough. And really pretty.

On the short walk to the dorms, Pamela can't help but watch Harley go along with an amused smile. This girl's mood was certainly infectious. Was that her power? Making people feel her emotions?

The common room, while it leaves something to be desired for Harley and maybe others, is very cozy for Pamela. She looks around, walks around while Harley talks. Even steps into the library and bends at the waist to read some of the book titles. Hearing names be called off again, she snaps upright and smiles learning that she would be rooming with Dinah, even if she was apprehensive at the mere prospect of having a roommate. Being an only child, she'd never had to share her living space with another person besides her parents.

"Hi, um...roomie." Pamela says awkwardly as she comes to walk beside Dinah as the girls enter their section of the dorms. Their room is next door to Harley and Megan, and Pamela can't help but giggle just a little hearing Harley be so welcoming to her roommate. A social butterfly and a wallflower should be interesting roommates. Entering their room, Pamela looks around and for no particular reason claims the left bed by dropping her duffle on it. She goes to the window, opens it, and to her delight finds there is a flowerbed right below said window.

"Oh wow Morning Glories, I love those." She says only to herself really, thinking aloud.

Last edited:
Conner Kent

Hearing the room situation was not the best news of the day. Conner was roomed with Anselle, the young man that wanted a punch to the face by Conner in the gym. Conner hung his head and sighed when he heard their names together. "Nothing could possibly go wrong with this," he thought to himself. Not really waiting around to find the kid, Conner proceeded down the boy's hallway way until he found the door with his name taped to it. Opening it up, he found that the room was actually bigger than he had expected. Two decent size beds on either side of the room, a couple of closets, full bathroom, two desks for each person, and a small countertop area for maybe like a toaster or something.

As he walked in, he noticed that all of his bags were already in the room in one of the closest. Seeing the chance to take up one of the beds, Conner chose to take the left side of the room and fell onto the bed. It was pretty comfortable and Conner wasn't going to complain about it. Taking a moment to enjoy the peace and quiet, for however long that lasted, Conner threw his hands behind his head and closed his eyes, letting his mind take in what had happened so far at this school.

He was shocked to know that there were so many young superpowered kids in the world. He really only knew of a couple that people talked about at the lab. Never met any of them though until today. Some of them, are even claiming to be from unknown areas of the world? That was wild all on its own. Conner couldn't say much on that though considering part of his DNA was alien. He chuckled a bit at that thought. One of the only good things so far was that there were some pretty girls that he would be classmates with. That thought put a smile on his face as he drifted off to a nap.

OWLMAN

Character Sheet

"Stay home, kid."

Those dismissive words from Batman were meant to discourage RJ from coming out at night in his makeshift costume again. As if the fat lips, bruises, and cuts hadn't been worse. No they had motivated him, if they did anything at all. They motivated him to be more cautious, tactical, to avoid not just the criminals he was hunting but Batman as well; and since then there had been no more run-ins. At least not with Batman. He had been tailing an aggressive loanshark when he rounded a corner, and there was one of his heroes: Doctor Mid-Nite feeding that owl on his arm. And it turned out Doctor Mid-Nite was waiting for him with an invitation to an academy the JSA was founding. While he had his own inferences as to why, RJ kept them to himself. While the idea appealed to him, RJ had deferred from accepting the invitation outright until he saw the others that would make up this class/team of future JSA members.

He was given the letter to show his father, and Roy Senior seemed overjoyed, for the first time in a long time. He hoped a private school would keep him safely out of trouble and was more than happy to drive him out, even asked "You want me to come with?" When dropping him off.

RJ had hesitated, but said "No I got this. I'll stay overnight, call in the morning for a ride back and let you know."

He'd met with Harley Quinn first. Introductions were wary, as he'd seen her running around with that maniac named The Joker before, but Doctor Mid-Nite had vouched for her as reformed. RJ put her name in his notepad.

Harley Quinn-Reformed? Remains to be seen. A wildcard right off the bat. Possible bipolar disorder currently medicated to be stable, if excitable

Then he hung back to watch the others. There was the usual awkwardness to be expected of teenagers meeting each other for the first time. Then the awkwardness dissipated gradually and the weirdness was amped up. First there was the blur of movement he saw and tried to track; that turned out to be Barry Allen. He made notes as he observed. Nearly filled two pages.

Barry - Superfast. The Flash's protege? Always occupying himself with something. Will be perfect at recon
Dinah - Real take charge kind of gal. Looks like she can pack a whallop but will have to wait and see.
Pamela - Looks like a throwback hippy. Has some kind of power over plants?
Connor - Strong silent type. Claims to be the same as Superman. Certainly looks like he could mess me up if I got on his bad side. Won't do that unless I have to.
Emiko - Doesn't show or admit any powers. Looks like she feels out of place. Would like to see how good she is with that bow.
Anselle - He's some kind of glow worm? Real eager to get punched. Would have done it to see what happened. Maybe later.
Gwynn - Lizard boy? Gives me the creeps. Would take the longest to get used to
Meghan(sp?) - Weirdest of the bunch. A shapeshifter. Perfect for infiltration if she has acting chops to match.
Zatanna - A real showboat. Hope she can keep it under her hat until we need a lightshow

By the end and up to Rex Tyler's speech, RJ came to a conclusion: He wanted in on this team. While writing the notes he had found himself thinking of how to get this group working together rather than thinking only in the moment. There were just too many questions that needed to be answered.

RJ comes out from behind the curtain just as the group leaves the auditorium. He has a large rucksack on his back, notepad in hand with a pen in his mouth. He takes that out and says aloud "That was a lot to take in. Kids moving at the speed of light, making plants into whips, putting on light shows and I'm thinking that one girl is a real master of disguise." He whistles "I don't know why you even asked me with all that thrown together." He'd decided to wear his favorite Black Sabbath shirt and jeans with white sneakers today.

Doctor Mid-Nite smiles faintly as he watches RJ, standing towards the side of the stage behind the curtain. "Because those kids are like you, Roy. You know what they can do, but you don't know what they're capable of. They don't know what they're capable of. And you don't know what you're capable of. You're one of the most intelligent young men I've come across in a long time, and that's why I want you to be part of the academy"

"And did Batman turn you guys down?" RJ asks while jotting down a couple more notes before flipping the notepad closed. "Met him, and if you're looking for potential I would think he has a lot."

Mid-Nite shakes his head and looks seeming into the distance as he thinks. "We've agreed he has the wrong kind of potential. He's fueled by anger. We've found out a bit about him. No, Batman walks his own path. And we aren't asking you because someone else said no, Roy. We've been keeping tabs on you, you know. As we have all the other potential students. And we like what we see with you."

"Wow." RJ can't stop himself from smiling at that assertion. "That...really means a lot Doc." He pockets pad and pen, adjusts his rucksack "I really mean that. So I guess I can't really say that I don't want to be part of this now." He smiles nervously "Just uhhhh don't room me with the lizard...kid. I got this thing about...scales and he said he has them somewhere."

The Doctor nods and smiles a bit more. "I hate to point this out, lad.. but part of this is putting one another outside of their comfort zone. In my opinion, you're probably the most intelligent of them. Some of them have their specialties... but you are the most well rounded. Though if it helps, Gwynn has been summoned by his caretakers to deal with some personal issues. So if memory serves... you'll be rooming with Mr. Allen."

"Oh fun. Hope he doesn't sleep....run. If he sleeps at all." RJ turns on his heel and walks out of the auditorium. He sees the doors close, hears Harley and waits just outside the doors for the common room to fall silent before very quietly entering. He nods in approval of the common room, puts his rucksack on the floor and takes a couch with a view of both hallways. He kicks back, puts his feet up on the coffee table and waits, listens. How would they all react to some random kid in the common room? Just surprise, or would anyone have a more adverse reaction?

Only time would tell..

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gands and Quake
Anselle.
[Interactions]
In the moments between sitting down and blinking around the sprawling hallways, everything Anselle remembered was a blur. That probably wasn't good, but, in all honesty, that teacher guy was way boring. This was the exciting part: roommates, with Conner, no less. There's no way he'd go without that punch, now. Beyond that, the sound of Superman rang empty to him, might as well find out who that is.

A wisp of violet darted through his braids. Anselle giggled in his chest, all but dashing down the boy's hall. Conner was - nowhere to be seen. Uh, maybe he's already settling in? He'd hope so. Not to be rude, but the guy seemed to hug the walls; he'd seen him sitting alone earlier, maybe he just liked his space? That tugged at something inside him, a worry settling in his belly. They'd be sharing a space for - however long this took - it'd be hard to share space and give it.

Well, he'd never been one from shy from a challenge. Conner needed space? He could give space.

Anselle approached the door that was close to the strip of paper with his and Conner's names near it. It was left cracked, and Anselle barged through. He flew into a gasp at the size of the room. "Oh, my goo-" Snapping his mouth shut at the sight of Conner, fully comfortable in his bed, looking ready to doze off. His eyes were wide, darting about before settling on the bed to the right of the room. His bag, just the one, nestled in one of the closets. "-odie bag," he finished, quietly, eyeing his bag like that's what he was going to scream. "My g-good ol' goodie bag! Has all my stuff, I need to, uh. Yeah."

Wow.

Anselle found the empty bed, his bed, with not another word. He snagged his bag on his way over, hopping onto the bed that squished under him. It was so soft. The blanket was, too. Before he knew it, Anselle found himself easing into the bed, bag forgotten on the for floor. "Oh, wow," he muttered. "This bed feels how clouds look."

And so Anselle settled, enjoying the plushness of his bed with his eyes closed, A content breath came from him, and he stilled. Slowly, his eyes opened, staring over at Conner, unblinking for a few seconds. He did seem very at peace, and he knew it'd be kind of a big thing to ask, but -

"Uh, who's Superman?" Anselle asked, not too loud, but it wasn't exactly a whisper. He hugged the pillow closer to his face, burying all but his eyes in the plush. "Is he a big deal where you're from? I-ah, my parents are kinda a big deal where I'm from," he added, bashfully. "Is he your father?" Superman, Superboy. He saw the pattern.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quake
Megan

She listened carefully to Mister Tyler. She had never met any of the other Justice Society people beside Mister Clay aka Amazing man, aside from Doctor {We know exactly what you are } Fate. Be she suspected both he and the other teacher were members. She didn't have a lot of time to think about it as Harley grabbed her wrist and she went pell mell down the hallway with her. Megan really loved the enthusiasm though.

First there was the common room. It was one of those rooms Megan didn't want to disturb, so high society and perfect. Part of her felt like she'd get in trouble being in there. Then yoink... and away she went again. Now to the shared room. For a moment she just stood there, a big smile slowly growing on her face.

"I think it's marvelous... really cool !"

On her side of the room there were a few bags. As Harley lay on her bed, Megan went to her scant three bags of goods. In one bag, she had three whole and complete outfits. Two bright and flowery dresses that didn't quiet reach her knees and one old style outfit gifted to her by creepy Doctor Fate.

7128bef9041641d74db4546078469cd0.jpg

(( her outfit doesn't have holsters, but more of a utility belt kind of arrangement. ))

Most of the time, she used outfits as templates for her shape changing. But when she didn't expect to change, real clothes made it easier to relax. She had sleeping pajamas for just the same reason.

In the second bag she pulled out a typewriter and some paper. A princess Leia statue, a stapler and some other desk supplies. The last bag, had room decorations, posters of her own. Gifts from some of her friends from Clay's homeless shelter. A poster of recording artist Cyndi Lauper, A poster of the movie Wizard of Oz, A poster of the movie Casablanca, and lastly a poster of the movie The adventures of Robin Hood with Errol Flynn.

" Harley, can you help me with these, and are all of these okay with you ? "

She would proceed to put up her posters hopefully with Harley's help. It was after the posters, that she noticed the pile of dirty laundry.

"Would you like help with your laundry ? I learned how to do that in New Orleans ! "

Barry

As usual, it was all Barry could do to walk at a glacial speed. Jay had in fact taught him, again a version of every day meditation, breathing slow, walking slow. One hand continued to play the electronic football game every so often. He had one earplug in listening to his music, soundtrack from the movie Amadeus. He got to his room, he was to room with dragon guy, who had already been snatched up.

That bothered him, it was at this point only his trust of Jay Garrick that allowed him to stay here. One sign of Feds or Police and he was out of here. Joe West, his adaptive father and best friend of his real father was a tad bit... paranoid about conspiracies. A great guy otherwise and very salt of the earth. The whole family saw him off at the airport.

He was a little sad and lonely now. He put away his clothes. He had several framed pictures to put up. his birth parents, the West family, adaptive mother & father, Brother & Sister. A picture with him and Jay. There were a couple of other pictures.. A picture with Jay, himself and Madonna, from a concert, Another with The West family crowded around Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson, and the last, just himself and Phil Collins. All autographed, all three situations maneuvered by Jay. Barry didn't mind, those times were great memories. Reminders of why he had to protect people. That despite everything, there were things worth saving.

He pulled out his new costume, designed by big brain Mister Terrific. It was a bit old fashioned, but Jay loved it. Barry didn't know what it was made of, but he was told it was coated with some sort of super polymer and had a very low air friction coefficient despite the bulky appearance. It had some protective features and again despite it's appearance there was no chaffing.

e216718d2089a26d5a3788a9644e5dee.jpg

Mister Terrific had been particularly proud of the boots. Specially designed for Barry's feet and powers.

Lastly his bag of gifts. Decorations for his desk, a large supply of batteries, several hand held electronic games. He had several works of fiction, his collection of Sherlock Holmes was already on the shelf. There were a collection of Fiction books based in the American West, a thesaurus, a dictionary and a full set of encyclopedia Britannica.

There was a personal computer at his desk, the last of his gifts. A note there from Jay.

"" You'll do great kid, remember what you've already learned and save some space for all that you're going to learn. Love Jay ""

Now, you'd think this would take a good deal of time. But as you already know, Barry is a flash... In no time at all he was done, his part of the room was very much in order. He stared at everything for a couple of minutes finally deciding, everything was just fine. But he decided he didn't want to be alone in here with the beloved reminders of his past. He took a deep breath and did the Tai Chi meditative walk towards the common room, carrying one of his books. Mister Terrific had helped Jay teach him Tai chi and a bit of Aikido.. mostly to learn control of his movements and how to relax and not go zipping off like a firework every time he needed to move at all.

Once into the common room, he settled into a couch with his book with a large bottle of Welch's Grape Juice, one of his hand held games and a new music selection [ soundtrack from the two Conan movies ].

Last edited:
Emiko Queen/ Red Arrow

Roommates. Oh how fun.

Emiko wasn’t often one for sarcasm, but the new living situation she found herself in wasn’t something she was particularly pleased with. Naturally it was better than living in a cave like she’d done as a child, but the young teen valued her privacy, and sharing a space with another meant she would have limited amounts of that. Despite her displeasure, Emiko wasn’t a spoiled brat, and she definitely wasn’t about to start acting like one. It could be a lot worse after all, she told herself as she opened the door to the new living accommodations. It was small, yet had a very welcoming vibe. Walking in, Emiko slung her bags onto the bed in the right corner, closest to the sink. Taking a quick glance outside, she wondered when the next time was she would see some action. Everything seemed so calm outside. It was a bit unnerving.

Turning from the window, Emiko began unpacking her bags. After sliding her bow case under the bed, the young Queen girl started by unzipping her backpack. Most of her outfits were solid black, with a few grays and dark blues mixed in for variety. As she dug through her bag, her mind raced. She wasn’t sure what she would say to Zatanna, or if they’d even get along. The girl’s energy and excitement seemed a bit much, and Emiko wasn’t sure if she’d be able to deal with that on a constant basis. But hey, maybe it was all a big show. Emiko couldn’t really tell, so she calmly went back to unpacking as she waited for Zatanna to show up.

@Camleen