The Apprentice from Cenaria ~Lunita and Vocalstatic~

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shadows around Lunita dissipated quickly. Her arms were bent upwards while she blew raspberries from her mouth to get the flour away from her lips. "Lesson learned." She finally said with a laugh, "I'll make sure not to cross a crazy chef." She then placed her hands around Rieker's waist, hugging him. She shared the flour that covered her. She then backed off a bit and smiled. She looked down at herself, all the way down to her middle was covered with flour. There were blotches here and there further down. "I am going to go get cleaned up now." Lunita bounded off toward her room. She picked out a nice dress, cleaned out her hair and then returned to the kitchen. Flour decorated the floor. "I am guessing you are going to want me to clean up this mess?" She crossed her arms and pouted.

Rieker glances back at Lunita, laughing when he sees that his throw was perfect. "Glad you're still able to learn." He shakes his head slightly. "And I'm not crazy. Crazy is an insult to the delicate balance of insanity I have discovered for myself." He laughs again when she hugs him, putting his kitchen tools down before he returns the hug. "Now we both have to clean up. But I'll wait until after dinner is cooking."

He turns back to the food and finishes mixing all of the ingredients. He puts the meal in the oven along with some fresh dough for bread. "And you are going to clean up the kitchen. You caused the mess, and I did the cooking, so you get to clean up after dinner. You know the rules."

Lunita giggled before stealing Rieker's chair at the table. She knew how much that irritated him. She gave him a teasing smile. "I will clean up but that is only because of the rules. I think I deserve a day or two off from training, though." She could smell the food cooking and her stomach started to growl.

After a few moments she looked at him with a studios and serious tinge in her eyes. "Are you sure there is nothing important with that blue marble? I mean it seemed to have called to me for some reason."

Rieker had walked out of the kitchen after putting the food in the oven. The safe house was built so that he could hear anything going on anywhere around. He walks into his room, leaving the door propped open just a bit so he can change into something that isn't covered with flour. When she asks about the marble he stops, thinking about it. "I didn't sense anything with it, but I can take it to a contact of mine that has a decent standing at Sho'cendi."

He had already gotten most of the way changed, so he walks out of his room with his shirt in hand. He gives a small shrug to Lunita. "If there is anything important about that marble, he'll be able to find out. It could be nothing, could be a way for him to talk to someone. People think he was working with the Godking." He puts his shirt on, moving into the kitchen. He lifts an eyebrow when he noticed she was in his chair. He doesn't say anything, just pulls the chair out and then sits in her lap, throwing his arms around her neck. "What have I told you about my chair?"

Lunita burst out into giggles. She wrapped her hands around Rieker's waist. "I am not sure. I think you told me that I should not sit in your chair but it looked so comfortable!" She got a pleading look in her eyes as she looked at him, "Please, can I come with you when you go speak to this friend of yours?"

Rieker shakes his head at her question. "No. You can't come. No arguments and no begging." He moves off her lap, his voice holding the rare edge that he used when he needed to get a point across. It was a killer's voice, slightly more than a whisper with a hint of a deadly whip to it. "I don't trust him, and as far as he knows I don't know the potential of Talent within myself. It's a tough illusion to pull off." He sighs, looking toward the oven where the food is cooking. "Depending on what that marble is, I may not ever be able to go to him again, simply for the fact that he'll be dead."

Lunita knew that when Rieker used that voice, playtime was over. She glanced at him, standing off of his chair. She went by his side, both of them now staring at the stove. This was pointless, she thought. "Just forget about the marble, then. It really does not have to come to another death just to find out it means nothing at all."

Rieker throws an arm around Lunita's shoulders, smiling lightly at her. There was no trace left in him of the killer that he was just a moment before. "No. I'm still going to check it out. If it's nothing, then it's nothing. If it's something special, he may pay me for it." He shrugs slightly, dropping his arm from her shoulders and walking to the oven. A flicker of his Talent opens the oven and lifts the food out, setting it on the counter. "I always go into a meeting with this guy thinking one of us is going to die. Because if I mess up in my disguise, he'll kill me because of how much I know. I'll eventually introduce you to him, it's always good to have a contact in Sho'cendi."

Lunita used a flicker of her Talent to set the table. She then lit candles. She looked up at him. "Why not send me? If the marble was calling to me for a reason, I would like to know why. Besides, you said I need more training." She did want to go but she would not want to go without Rieker. She felt like it was going to be a one or another situation.

Rieker shakes his head at her suggestion. He takes the food and places it on the table. He sits in his chair, serving himself some of the food. "Not yet Lunita. Stop asking about it. As it stands, I would have to give him plenty of warning if you were going to come. I'm just going to knock on his door. He doesn't know what I do or who I am. Randomly showing up with a girl more Talented than I am? He would have questions for me." He starts to eat, his body language a clear sign that the conversation was over.

Lunita had a smile with an edge of a smirk while she ate. Rieker was always saying her Talent was stronger than his own but she couldn't see it. Just thinking of how the apprentice was stronger than the master wanted to make her giggle. She got out of her chair to get some more food. When she sat down again she beamed a smile at him, "So, when you go does that mean I have free time to do what I want?"

Rieker looks around the kitchen as he continues to eat. His eyes seem to focus on each point of mess. "I guess you can have some free time. Once the safe house is cleaned and the weapons are sharpened." He smirks a bit. "Of course I'm not leaving until tomorrow, so you will probably be free by then. But I will have some chores for you to do. Mainly picking up some herbs and things like that for me. You'll be able to meet my apothecary. You'll also be sent to meet a fletcher."

Lunita grumbled a bit as she continued to use her Talent to clean. She seemed quite irritated because she wanted to do something fun but challenging. When Rieker mentioned a Fletcher, she looked at him confused, "Remind me, what's a Fletcher?" Now, she felt red flooding her cheeks. She knew he explained before, which also meant that he would get that frustrated attitude, probably lecture her about having to repeat himself. Honestly, though she sort of deserved it. While he was trying to explain, she was attempting to be playful at the moment. The rest of the chores sounded easy enough. She would really have to fit in some fun things to do at some point, though.

Rieker had left the kitchen, just getting by the weapon room. He stops when he hears her ask about a fletcher. "Fletchers are the ones who put the final touches on arrows." He picks up a bow and snaps an arrow into the kitchen, letting it bury in the wall a few feet form Lunita. "It takes training and knowledge to be able to put the feathers on an arrow shaft at the proper place and spacing. They have special tools, but it's still tough. I've never been able to master it."

He puts the bow up and walks back into the kitchen, smiling a bit. "I've never been a big fan of bows, but they can be useful sometimes. Been looking to get a Ymmuri shortbow for myself. Those things are more expensive that a Sa'Ceurai's sword." He chuckles, shaking his head. "Now I have to go clean up. I still have blood on me." With that he turns and walks into his room, closing the door. It doesn't latch completely and remains cracked open, giving her a glance of him if she were to walk by.

Lunita listens to Rieker and smacks her forehead for forgetting. She took the word Ymmuri short sword and stuck it into her memory. The kitchen was finished being cleaned, so she was heading back towards the weapons to start sharpening them when she walked by Rieker's room. The door was cracked open. She stood there for a few brief moments, not really sure what to do. Would he know she was peeking? Probably, he always seemed to know what she was up to. She kept debating with herself. It would not be really that wrong if she just took a quick peek? Would it? She finally decided, stepping up to the door and looking in. She kept as silent as she could.

Rieker was standing over a basin, only a towel around his waist. He was cleaning himself, the water in the basin steaming from the heat. He closes his eyes, enjoying the feeling of the water relaxing his muscles. He carefully examines himself, cleaning any blood off his body that he may have missed.

Rieker looks up suddenly and turns his head, his eyes meeting with Lunita's. He smiles slightly, giving her a small wave before a small burst of Talent closes his door. Once the door was closed Rieker finishes washing himself, using the towel to dry off and then dress in a fresh set of clothes. He walks to the door and opens it, looking around for Lunita. "Enjoy the show?"

After the door closed on Lunita's face she felt so humiliated but at the same time, Rieker was really good looking. She hurried off to sharpen the weapons as she was told to do. She heard him calling out to her but she was too embarrassed to say anything because truth of the matter was, she did enjoy it. Up to the point the door closed. She closed her eyes seeing him washing himself off. Pity there was that stupid no love rule. She did not even bother using her Talent to sharpen the weapons like she enjoyed doing. It may take much longer but she did it by hand. She used the whetstone viciously across the blade. It helped her take some of the edge off. Then, she had to mention that marble calling out to her. He was leaving soon. That meant she would be alone. She was sharpening the knife so much that she stopped paying attention and cut herself. In anger, she threw the knife she was sharpening into the floor. She then ran off to her room, grabbing a rag to tie around her hand. She had to get out. She had to go calm herself down somehow. She locked her door, changed her clothes, put her cloak on and rushed out of her door.

Rieker frowned as he saw Lunita run out of the hideout. He didn't know what was bothering her, but when it came to something like this it was just better to let her work it out for herself. He figured it had something to do with his teasing so he felt bad. He walks into the workroom and picks everything up, cleaning the blood that had been spilled.

After he was done he sent a letter to his contact at Sho'cendi, letting him know he would be on the way in a few days with something interesting. The dove flew off, taking the letter. Rieker walks back into the hideout and cleans up a few other rooms, straightening and arranging things to better fit.

Lunita walked through the streets, her head down and covered with her hood. Her arms were crossed so no one would see her make shift of a bandage. Why is that stupid rule in place? She couldn't stand it. She couldn't help how she felt about Rieker. How are people supposed to suppress feelings like that? Holding an emotion in like love can hurt someone. She could get the whole people using it against you. Come on, though. If two people using Talent loved each other, who would mess with them? Seriously! She came to a place where lots of herbs grew. She didn't even pay attention to the types of herbs were there, she just picked them, vanished them and moved on. Walking around didn't help much. She just grew more aggravated. She went back to the hideout, down to the work table, and noticed that Rieker already cleaned everything up. She winced. He was going to give her a lecture, she could see it coming. She placed the herbs she found in a basket.

Rieker wasn't at his desk, so she decided that she might be able to get over it if she took her aggression out with some stances.

Rieker looks up from where he was cleaning when Lunita walked in. He didn't say anything, noticing her mood. A few minutes later he was done cleaning. He changes into an old pair of greys, ones he mainly used for sparring sessions and workouts in the safe house. He goes into the room Lunita is in, closing the door after himself. He turns, using his Talent to lock a special lock on that door. It was a training method he had devised before Lunita mastered her Talent.

He walks to the wall and pulls off two daggers. Without looking he throws the daggers toward Lunita and grabs a short spear and a hook sword off the wall. He spins the weapons in his hands, getting a feel for the awkward weight of the uncommon weapons. He suddenly jumps and kicks off the wall, using his Talent to launch himself directly at Lunita. "If you need to to talk, talk while fighting!"

Status
Not open for further replies.