The Apprentice from Cenaria ~Lunita and Vocalstatic~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunita smiles as her eyes gleam with an unknown emotion. Desperation as a part, perhaps even longing. Only because she wants this to be over as quickly as possible. Lunita places her hand above her head seductively stepping slowly towards Victor. Her movements are graceful as she begins to twirl slowly around. She was caught, he knew what she was but that was not going to stop her from completing her mission. She ran her hands over her hips, facing away from Victor. She bent down, running the back of her dress up above her thighs before allowing the dress to fall down again, playfully. She brought her hands to her front, trying to make it look like she was unbuttoning the front of the dress while grabbing the dagger from her belt. She kept twirling slowly, while with a twist of her wrist, she threw the dagger in Victor's direction.

Victor watches Lunita, his eyes absorbing every bit of motion she makes. In the back of his mind though, a warning bell was going off. Victor shifted slightly, ready for anything she could have done. As she began to dance closer toward him, his body tightened up. Every muscle in his body was on alert, but as she bent over he was distracted for a moment. A subtle shift in her posture was his only warning before the dagger flew toward him. His natural response was good, if a bit clumsy. He rolled to the side, his hand lifting up to catch the dagger.

Victor was quick to avoid the dagger and catch it between his fingers. A small cut between his fingers was the only negative to him. "Not bad. Clever way for the Sa'Kage to try and kill me. I never imagined a wetgirl would try." He flips her dagger into his other hand, licking the small cut. He suddenly spits, his eyes widening. "Poison? What poison did you use?" He drops the dagger and then swings a hand out. When he does there is a shimmer in the air as a ghostly fist forms, punching out toward Lunita.

Lunita bent back, getting hit by the fist, she fell to the floor. Her shoulder ached but she was able to call upon her Talent to wrap herself in the shadows. She moved to the opposite wall of where Victor was. She held her shoulder for a moment, squinting her eyes shut. She thought of how bad the punch would be if she had not tried to avoid it. Then, she used a little trick that Rieker taught her. He actually used it the night they first met. With her Talent, she caused her voice to go in different directions to try and tease Victor, "I do not believe there is an antidote for this poison. You should not suffer long."

She was really hoping that Reiker's eyes were on her. The thought of him watching her while she trained kept her calm.

Victor looks around the room, dropping to a knee as he feels the poison working through his body. His arm falls limp to his side, only a few small drops of blood coming from the cut. "White Asp venom?" He smirks and stands up slowly, looking around. He picks the dagger up, looking around the room for where she could be hiding. He knew all about her tricks, knowing she was hiding in the shadows. All he had to find was a deeper darkness somewhere.

Victor suddenly snaps his arm out, throwing the dagger toward a corner, not far from the open dresser that Lunita had taken the dress from. He falls forward to one knee, his eyes starting to go cloudy. "Who hired you bitch? Which Sa'Kage scum? I hope you learn one day, why they never wanted me and why I never joined them." He coughs, blood flecking his lips slightly as the poison reaches his heart. He falls forward, knocking something off the desk behind him.

A few moments later the door opens and Melody walks in. The first thing she sees is Victor laying on the ground. Her hands go up to her mouth and she runs over, tears already streaming down her cheeks. "No Victor. Please." She shakes his lightly, her entire body shaking.

Lunita moved silently in the shadows. Something fell from the dresser but she was in too much of a hurry to look at what it was. She vanished it quickly before looking at Melody. She used her Talent to place her friend into a sleep. When she woke up, Melody should not remember anything. She looked at her friend, "Goodbye Melody." She looked at the dagger, picked it up and vanished it.

Lunita quickly grabbed the clothes she had worn from the pig stye, vanished them and then as quiet as a whisper, she left the room. She made her way out of the building, and headed back to the pig stye. She brought out the clothes she wore, throwing them into a fire nearby. She quickly changed into her clothes she wore when she left Rieker's house. She placed her cloak over herself, placing the hood over her head.

From there, Lunita went back to the inn. She went down to the safety of the hideout. There, she cleaned replaced the tools, and weapons making sure they were clean. She placed the bottle of poison back in it's place. After she did what she needed, she went back to her room. She left the door cracked open on accident. She plopped herself on top of the bed and started sobbing.

Rieker had been watching everything through a window. He frowns to himself as he see the way that Lunita killed Victor, using poison against the orders of the Sa'Kage. Rieker makes his way into the brothel, avoiding all of the guards and whores and men. Once in the room he searches the drawers, eventually finding a dagger he can use. He takes the dagger and wraps Melody's hand around it, first dragging the dagger across Victor's throat and then cutting Melody's cheek slightly. He even goes so far as to hit Melody across the face with a hard slap, leaving a bruise.

Rieker then makes his way back to the Inn and hideout. Once there he spies the open door to Lunita's room. "Lunita? Mind if I come in?" He knocks on the door softly and opens it. When he hears her sobbing he walks into the room and sits down, taking her apprentice in his arms. He gently pets her head, whispering quietly to reassure her. He kisses the top of her head lightly, the movement oddly intimate for their situation. Rieker softly begins to sing, his voice rich and deep. His song is simple and slow, something that a mother might use to calm a child.

Lunita held onto Rieker her sobs dulling down to only tears streaming down her face. "I had to erase her memory. She recognized me. She was happy to be married to that man." She wiped her face roughly, ashamed that he had to find her like this. "I killed him. I hope that I did not fail you." She lifted herself off of her teacher, using her Talent, she grabbed the item that fell behind the desk. "I do not know if this means anything or not, but it fell behind a dresser." This whole experience wiped her out completely.

Rieker looks at the item, shaking his head slightly. It was a small, blue orb not much larger than a marble. "I don't think it's important." He takes it and sets it aside, moving back to the bed and putting his arms around her. He gently wipes her tears away, frowning a bit. "I had to do some clean up. You didn't follow the letter of the order. You were told not to use poison." He shakes his head, frowning a bit. "You still need more training."

He sighs a bit, hesitant to tell her what was coming next. "I had to set up the scene so it looked like the girl killed him. I made it seem like self defense though, so she should be fine. I did have to give her a bruise on her cheek and a small cut as well." He looks back at Lunita. "I am sorry if that is difficult to hear, but it had to be done."

Lunita nodded, "He caught me, if I had not brought the poison, I am not sure I would still be alive right now. I should have made the scene look different. I apologize." She loved being held by her teacher. She lay her head on his shoulder. He would not know how much she liked hearing how she needed more training. That meant more time with him. More time before she was sent out on her own. That thought did not appease to her very much.

"Rieker, may I ask something of you? Is it possible to take her memory away from me? I do not think I can bare this anymore."

Rieker listens to Lunita as she speaks, understanding her need and how lucky she was to use the poison. He was glad she understood the need to dress a scene depending on the contract. It was something he had tried to teach her, but her first job on her own wasn't so bad. She had done what needed doing, and that was what mattered. "You don't have to apologize, just learn from your mistakes."

Her question about erasing the memories caught him off guard. He frowns, thinking carefully. "No. I do not think there is a way to remove those memories without taking a part of who you are. It may be painful, and it may not be great, but her memory is what brought you to me in the first place. It's another lesson in our life. We cannot allow ourselves to love."

"I will learn from my mistakes. I will get it right next time I am tested." Her eyes fired up with determination. When he answered her question, her heart sank. "I do not understand. How does someone just turn off love? I heard it is something you can not control." She looked quite thoughtful for quite a long time before adding, "Can you use your Talent to erase love from your heart?"

Rieker smiles, pride in his eyes when he sees her determination. He frowns though, when she starts to ask him questions. He shakes his head sadly. "No. You can't just turn off love. And you can't use Talent to erase it." He sighs, looking up and thinking. "Love is a noose that we tie for ourselves. We can't allow ourselves to love because other people would be able to use it against us." He looks back at Lunita. "You can do anything you want, just don't allow yourself to love. If you want to fuck, then fuck. If you want friends, be friends with the people you work with."

Lunita blushed bright, "I have never been with a man before." She could not believe she had just stated that out loud. Her blush deepened, dreading how he would take that. No, not as an invitation but maybe that was a bit too much for him to hear. Normally, a girl her age would have been in bed with a man or two. Now, that made her feel sort of uneasy. "I'm sorry." She looked down at the ground, too embarrassed to look Rieker in the eye. She realized that she had feelings for her teacher. How could she turn them off now? Now, this was bad. She would not admit it to him because then, he would have to send her away. She would just not speak of the matter anymore. She would not think about it. She would have to keep that hidden from everyone, including Rieker.

Rieker was slightly taken aback by her confession. His mind instantly began to race about what it could possibly mean for the two of them. He frowned slightly, taking her in his arms. "Nothing to be sorry for." He smiles softly as he runs his fingers through her hair. "It's a bit surprising that a girl your age, growing up how you did, hasn't been with a man." He chuckles, still holding her lightly. He had a feeling that the reason she told him was an automatic reaction to something that had to do with her question.

"Right now is a delicate time for you. Your first kill without knowing I was close by. You couldn't know where I was or that I was watching for sure." He sighs, laying back on her bed. "The relationship between master and apprentice is a delicate one." He looks over at her, a sad light in his eyes. "To finish your training, you can't let personal feelings get in the way. You have to be cold, even cruel, when you work."

Lunita blushed at his comments. She tried to force herself from doing so. Would that be a sign of her affection for him? Did he know? He can't possibly know. No, she would continue to hold her tongue. She did not want to lose him. She could not be sent out to fend for herself. Not now. It was like he said, she needed more training.

When he lay on her bed, she was not sure what to do. She twirled her hair in her fingertips. Was he telling her to be cold with him? There would be a challenge. He was so handsome, so caring, and the way he had held her just moments ago sent flutters into her heart. Her whole body was starting to react. Her heart beat started racing. No, she had to control it. She had to. Lunita told herself to stop. Everything in her told her to stop. The only problem was, it wasn't stopping. Lunita nodded as he spoke but for some odd reason, the words did not seem to reach her.

Rieker watches her, trying to interpret the emotions going through her eyes. He lifts his legs and then moves them down, slinging himself up and off the bed. He may have been a wetboy, but she still had fun when he could. "I don't know about you, but I'm pretty hungry." He smiles and holds out a hand to her. "I'll cook tonight. To celebrate a successful kill." He then leaves her room, heading to the kitchen in the hideout. "What are you hungry for?"

Lunita's got a hint of playful mischief to them as he pulled her toward the kitchen. She smiled, and bit her lower lip thinking. "How about you surprise me?" She wanted to tell him thank you for getting her out of that awkward situation. She wanted to tell him how she felt but now, she would be able to keep it a secret. He did not seem to notice. That touch of mischief in her eyes gleamed. She would still playfully act out. She was already trying to 'cook up' a new scheme already.

Rieker nods slightly and heads to the kitchen. He noticed the twinkle in her eye but didn't say anything, knowing she needed a way to get over whatever was bothering her. Once in the kitchen he starts to get random things out, knowing what her favorite meal was. He starts to mix everything, lighting a fire in the oven and preparing the meal. "I'll just make your favorite, simple enough." He chuckles and turns to cook, getting his hands covered in flour while he works.

Lunita always loved watching Rieker work. Tonight though, she needed a way to release what was pent up inside, and no better way to do that than to be her usual playful self. She used her Talent to hide in the shadows. It was her favorite ability with the Talent. She would sneak up while he had his hand full of flour. She placed her finger in the flour pile and tried to cover his nose with a bit.

Rieker knew Lunita's tricks. He had few of his own planned for her that he hadn't done before. He chuckles when she gets the flour on his nose, giving her the small victory. He continues to prep the meal, tilting his head slightly. "You know Lunita, I am sure I told you the times that shadows aren't good to use. Middle of the day, rain, and snow are the most common." He suddenly takes a handful of flour and turns, throwing it toward where she is at. "Flour throwing is another bad time."

Status
Not open for further replies.