The Apocalypse

S

Scathach

Original poster
You are one of the few that survived the nuclear war. The world has been ravaged. The only safe place is in California, underneath what is left of Los Angeles. There are people there who have lived there for years, bordering on a decade. They were thought of as a cult.

Now they're refuge.

You have made it there safely, and the last of the survivors are trickling in. What now? Can you survive in this hostile place? Or will you be trampled underfoot?

Name:
Nickname:
Personality:
History:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Pet Peeves:
Skills:
Weapons/tools:
Description:
Pictures:
Other:

IC:

http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/showthread.php?t=19203&p=502894&viewfull=1#post502894

Re: The Apocolypse

r169_457x256_13463_Brian_2d_post_apocalyptic_character_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Name: Bill Laiter
Personality: Grim but funny when he feels like it. Given the situation, his humor doesn't get much chance to be expressed.
History: Previous to the apocalypse, he had been a college student studying engineering and living on his own in a small apartment with a part-time job as an auto mechanic. Now, he was just lucky that he knew how to find and ration food while he searched for anyone else who might have survived.
Skills: Mechanics and Electrical work
Weapons/tools: A shotgun and two revolvers that were his father's.

Name: Ev'r Keets

Personality: Ev'r is bipolar but always has her sarcastic, cutting humor, though she is normally very disciplined. She does have quite the temper and she can get incredibly violent if you piss her off. Dedicated almost completely to her work, she is businesslike and curt in speech, preferring not to get buddy-buddy with those she meets. She is strong and ferocious, though has a great maternal instinct that sometimes flares up and overpowers her nearly gleeful love of violence. She never backs down from a fight, and would probably rather provoke one than avoid it. Ev'r can become illogically cruel if the mood strikes her, and often takes pleasure in playing games with other beings, whether they are physical or mental, if she comes to the conclusion that they can "take it." She teases, mocks, and riddles with the best of them, oftentimes contradicting herself without a second thought and not regretting it. However, she usually knows when to tone it down and be dignified. Ev'r is, at her very core, a good being. As much as she loves to fight, she does not believe in killing unnecessarily, whether an animal or a human being. Her personal code of ethics—and her honor as a warrior—forbids her from doing anything blatantly evil, and though she has no problem toying with people, she would never intentionally do anything to harm them physically, mentally, or emotionally, unless they had really pissed her off and she loses her temper, in which case she can't be completely sure what she'll do. But this does not stop her from speaking her mind, and telling everybody around her exactly what she thinks about a situation. Ev'r is also a highly skilled blacksmith and enjoys working with metal, and really any other material that she can melt and remold.

History:
Prior to the bomb, she was an incredibly promising, abiet rebellious, cadet at military school, running with the best in a platoon known as the Dragons. She had about 4 years of training and this has helped her to survive, along with her natural instincts and abilities. She won't tell you much about her childhood, aside from the fact that she used to run wild on the streets, and that she lived in the desert with a blacksmith and tracker named Hammersmith for a few years.

Skills: She is proficient with shruikens and throwing knives along with a bow and twin swords. Ev'r can handle a gun, but generally prefers not to. She's amazing at tracking and surviving on her own, but hopeless when it comes to anything mechanical.

Weapons/tools:
Twin short swords, each about fifteen inches long, sheathed on her back.
A pair of nunchaku.
Various throwing knives.
Dagger strapped to her left leg.
A pouch of shruikens on her belt
Bow and quiver of arrows
Leather game bag that she transports all her stuff in
A few smallish hunting knives
Large metal water bottle- roughly 1 quart.

Appearance: Ev'r is 5'7 and 110 pounds. She is lithe and graceful with little fat on her body, but a lot in the way of muscle. She is fond of tight, solid-colored tank tops, camouflage or khaki pants, and ankle-high black combat boots. If not wearing any combination of these, she will most likely be clothed in an all-white outfit, generally a dress if she likes it enough and she can move well in it. Some sort of weapon is always found somewhere on her body, whether in plain sight or hidden. She always has a pair of twin short swords sheathed on her back and a dagger strapped to her left thigh. Almost anything around her, including her entire body, can become a weapon, so upsetting her is not advised at all. Her eyes are a striking blue-green-grey and her white-blond hair is cut short in the back, but left long in the front. She has a tattoo of three intertwining strands of color- dark blue, silver and black- wrapping all the way around her right wrist, and a host of small scars.
WhiteBlond.jpg

[align=right]
postapoc_zps24c666ee.png
[/align]

Name: Allayne Frasier

Personality: Before the world went to hell, she was a bubbly, lighthearted person. Now, she likes to hold a tough facade, keep a face that could never be cracked. Why? Show any type of compassion, softness, remorse then your life is over. When you have to survive a wasteland, you force yourself to change. That is something Allayne had to learn

History: She never had a worry in the world. Her parents provided whatever she wanted. They got her the best cars, best clothes, best schools. There was nothing in the world she wanted. When she went to college, she went in for medicine. Well, she obviously wasn't able to graduate.

Skills: Some medical training then a modge podge of self taught things.

Weapons: A bow and an ice pick.

First off! Hiii, I'm Celest! :D I am also a mentor, and I am sure Jovi told you some things about me... maybe? I have a some questions for you.

1) How long ago was the bomb dropped?
2) When did your character become a master thief along with all the other stuff?
3) If we are underground, how is there a day?
4) If we are already there, why do we need weapons?
5) If this city has been there for round about a decade, why do we need weapons?
6) Wouldn't it be kind of already a settled city if it has fire stations, police stations and businesses?
7) Also, if we were underground, why do we have cars? Unless, auto repair shops mean something else... the fumes from the cars would eventually suffocate everyone.
8) Wouldn't it be more fun to start someplace that isn't California? That would allow for a plot. Right now, I'm not quite sure what the plot is. Also, if we were travelling to California, it would give more room for character and relationship development as well as add more excitement and pizzazz to the roleplay as a whole.

Okay, Celestialis. First of all, I only really started off with a basic plot. I'd add more if it wasn't a PRP, most of which is the information you were asking about. Secondly, I'm still working here, in terms of character development. I'll get back to you on that. :) Sorry if I seem a little confused(cause I am) or disorganized(which I also am)

If by PRP, you mean private roleplay, since that's the only thing I've been able to figure.. I don't quite get why that means you can't have a more formed plot? Plots are an important part of the story, you know?

As far as character development, being a thief seems to have already developed, and we have not been told about it. It always easier to have a character set in stone. Maybe, we need to take a step back for a moment and tackle the characters first then move into the plot. Things need to be a little more fleshed out which cuts down on confusion as well as disorganization.

You signed up for a mentor, and Jovi is helping you; so am I.

All right. I'm going to repost Celest's questions. Go ahead and answer those for us so we have some idea of their answers. If you don't know the answers right now then just ignore them for now, but we will come back to them. Take your time with the answers and consider your plot carefully.

1) How long ago was the bomb dropped?
2) When did your character become a master thief along with all the other stuff?
3) If we are underground, how is there a day?
4) If we are already there, why do we need weapons?
5) If this city has been there for round about a decade, why do we need weapons?
6) Wouldn't it be kind of already a settled city if it has fire stations, police stations and businesses?
7) Also, if we were underground, why do we have cars? Unless, auto repair shops mean something else... the fumes from the cars would eventually suffocate everyone.
8) Wouldn't it be more fun to start someplace that isn't California?

All right, for the character I want us to kind of take it a little slower. Unfortunately, for the characters, we need to know the answer to number one before we can really get too far. If we know when the event occurred, we can determine age and what the characters would have known at that time. For instance, if the bomb dropped 2 years ago and your character was only 16, maybe 17, then she wouldn't have finished military school. She may have only had a year or two in when this happened, because most military schools are only high school level I believe.

I'm one of those people that if it looks good, go for it and fix it as you go. Unfortunately here, I did that and we weren't ready to go for it. Luckily, Celest is an experience mentor and is willing to help both of us out here. I'm sorry for my slight incompetence in this area that has us stopping right now.