The Apartment [FULL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'll join
Awesome! Glad I could win you over xD

If you ever feel like it isn't for you please later on let me know and we can make arrangements about it. :P

Reactions: andrew21234
Yes there is still room for you! ^^

All aboaaaard the vio express! Choo choo.
*Puts one of them hats that conductors wear* Choo Choo ^~^

Anyways, to not be lazy; here's a bit of input:

I'm okay with a lot either a modern realistic genre, as well as a modern fantasy (but I would love to be a human, so... I would like to call a spot if we go that way!)

MSMM (or Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica) is an anime featuring the magical girl (or Mahou Shoujo) genre. In this world, young girls are contacted by this odd creature, and are given one wish granted. They can have ANY WISH that they want. Afterwards, they must fight a creature that is called a witch because they are bad and they hurt humans. Without getting any farther (since what I said is ALMOST CLOSE to where @Salt Lord was trying not to spoil) they are given an item called a "Soul gem" where their magical girl powers are stored. These gems are unique to them, and look different depending on the girl. Their powers are also unique to them, and are actually based on the magical girl's wish.

So basically, @Salt Lord is wanting some good old Mahou Shoujo running around and defeating evil!

*Puts one of them hats that conductors wear* Choo Choo ^~^

Anyways, to not be lazy; here's a bit of input:

I'm okay with a lot either a modern realistic genre, as well as a modern fantasy (but I would love to be a human, so... I would like to call a spot if we go that way!)

MSMM (or Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica) is an anime featuring the magical girl (or Mahou Shoujo) genre. In this world, young girls are contacted by this odd creature, and are given one wish granted. They can have ANY WISH that they want. Afterwards, they must fight a creature that is called a witch because they are bad and they hurt humans. Without getting any farther (since what I said is ALMOST CLOSE to where @Salt Lord was trying not to spoil) they are given an item called a "Soul gem" where their magical girl powers are stored. These gems are unique to them, and look different depending on the girl. Their powers are also unique to them, and are actually based on the magical girl's wish.

So basically, @Salt Lord is wanting some good old Mahou Shoujo running around and defeating evil!
I don't really think I'd want to do a magical girl esque role-play. That would make the role-play a lot bigger than what I envisioned and I would have to come up with an antagonist and all that jazz. There are plenty of magical girl type of role-plays out there for those of you who want to join them though. xD

Anyways, as for a modern realistic and modern fantasy genre you can totally play a human. xD

All we need is one more person and then we are good to go on planning characters, plots, and themes for the role-play

• Thank You
Reactions: Deer Boi
Yay! I can't wait!

I got one good idea for a Modern Fantasy RP with a Slice of Life (I think that's what it's called) mix, ( I will definitely have to have a Witch or Psychic Supernatural Girl... already have an idea for my char lol)

-Say the three people who live in the apartments have lived there for a while now and whatever and the other's have been saying there (if they want to) and they have to keep their powers or "creature" side in hiding, which is why they are saying there? Maybe the three are either all humans or supernatural sympathizers who want to help their friends live a normal life and not be caught or experimented one? Something like that could be cool, casual and would cause drama with the creatures (especially my witch/psychic girl) using her magic just to do normal labor xD, not realizing that she could get busted or something like that? That's what I have so far, I hope you guys like it or if you don't, at least be nice about dissing it xD

Reactions: Esmeray
Those are a lot more common than Magical Girl roleplays. :/ And I'm not saying it would have to be a big thing with one main antagonist. Just going around deafeating evil while having to deal with real life would be nice, and it doesn't even need to be limited to girls.

Those are a lot more common than Magical Girl roleplays. :/ And I'm not saying it would have to be a big thing with one main antagonist. Just going around deafeating evil while having to deal with real life would be nice, and it doesn't even need to be limited to girls.
What's more common? It's not really an issue of whats more common or not. A magical girl esque role-play would still make the role-play modern fantasy, and we can substitute "magical girls" with "witches" because they are essentially the same thing. :T

Besides there is no evil to go around defeating, that implies that there is antagonists of some kind, and isn't really something I expected to be done in this role-play.

Yeah I don't want a superhero fighting rp for this, it would be better with the casual real life with magic type rp, like Supernatural, The Originals, The Vampire Diaries Once Upon A Time things like that would be cool.

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
I got one good idea for a Modern Fantasy RP with a Slice of Life (I think that's what it's called) mix, ( I will definitely have to have a Witch or Psychic Supernatural Girl... already have an idea for my char lol)

-Say the three people who live in the apartments have lived there for a while now and whatever and the other's have been saying there (if they want to) and they have to keep their powers or "creature" side in hiding, which is why they are saying there? Maybe the three are either all humans or supernatural sympathizers who want to help their friends live a normal life and not be caught or experimented one? Something like that could be cool, casual and would cause drama with the creatures (especially my witch/psychic girl) using her magic just to do normal labor xD, not realizing that she could get busted or something like that? That's what I have so far, I hope you guys like it or if you don't, at least be nice about dissing it xD
I like the idea of supernaturals being out but not accepted by society much like mutants weren't in the X-men. I like the idea you had about the three friends being sympathizers and creating this place for said people to live and feel safe. The condo isn't really just for supernaturals though, but humans too.

Have any of you guys seen the movie The Crow? In the movie there is a young girl whose mother is a drug addict and she isn't supportive of her daughter. These two adults find her on the street and take her in. They treat her like she is their own daughter. That's sort of the same mentality the three friends have.

• Useful
Reactions: Deer Boi and Justin
I like the idea of supernaturals being out but not accepted by society much like mutants weren't in the X-men. I like the idea you had about the three friends being sympathizers and creating this place for said people to live and feel safe. The condo isn't really just for supernaturals though, but humans too.

Have any of you guys seen the movie The Crow? In the movie there is a young girl whose mother is a drug addict and she isn't supportive of her daughter. These two adults find her on the street and take her in. They treat her like she is their own daughter. That's sort of the same mentality the three friends have.
That sounds pretty cool.

That sounds pretty cool.
It's a really good movie and I highly recommend it! xD

It's just one out of the many examples I have. There could even be a homeless war veteran that needs a place to stay....

I can see my character being an asshole towards the supernatural, but just ending up letting them into their apartment because he isn't THAT cold in the heart. Sort of like a "single act of kindness" that went wrong and he regrets it XD

//tsundere much >.<

• Love
Reactions: Justin and Esmeray
So we have eight people if salt lord is going to be sticking around the role-play. Until then, would you guys like to go ahead and make an sign up and ooc thread???

Reactions: MadKingJai™
So we have eight people if salt lord is going to be sticking around the role-play. Until then, would you guys like to go ahead and make an sign up and ooc thread???
Do It Do It xD

Do It Do It xD
Since I am not sure what genre this role-play is to be considered just yet (even though I am pretty sure we are going modern fantasy route), I'll just make the OOC/Sign Up under Misc.

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Since I am not sure what genre this role-play is to be considered just yet (even though I am pretty sure we are going modern fantasy route), I'll just make the OOC/Sign Up under Misc.
Yeah, that seems like a really good idea honestly!

Yeah, that seems like a really good idea honestly!

Thank you. Secrets helped out with it too.

Uhm there was something else ai was gonna say but I forgot what it was. Hahaha food coma. XD

Looks like I'm a bit late with stating my opinion in but... Muu, I'm not really sure about the modern fantasy thing. I seem to be the only one, though. XD It could also be fun just to have a house full of odd people. Geniuses in their own right but complete social misfits. XD

If we're going down the modern fantasy route... Ehhh... Inforgot what I was going to say. >_>"

I kind of like the idea of a bunch of supernatural creatures living together. Even if it's not that unusual of an idea, it seems like it would be a fun RP. XD

Heheh, I know what character to use already. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.