2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
A little bit of everything so long as I can fit one of my existing characters into the RP
With everyone posting personality tests, I thought I would post one of my favorites. It is nine questions, and there are over 40 animal outcomes.
What Animal are You? - The Animal in You Personality Test

You are a Bat!

Big-eared-townsend-fledermaus.jpg

• Artistic
  • Reflective
  • Unpredictable
Scientific Name

Chiroptera
Collective Term

A cauldron of bats
Careers and Hobbies

• Psychiatrist
  • Artist
  • Social Worker
  • Archeologist
  • Writer
  • Musician
  • Socializing
  • Philosophy
Celebrities

• Nostradamus
  • Gypsy Rose Lee
This is a decidedly nonconformist creature, for as an airborne personality, the bat tends to look down at the conventions of the ground animals. And yet, since it is not a true bird and has not mastered the art of smooth controlled flight, it often appears awkward in social situations (hence the phrase "acting batty"). But as compensation for this social ungainliness, many bat personalities sport a built-in radar which enables them to intuitively read the motivations of others.

Identifying bat personalities is not difficult. Being nocturnal creatures, they come alive at night and can be spotted in underground clubs or dimly lit bars. They prefer the sanctuary of dark clothing and dark corners, and you'll never see a bat sporting a heavy tan. These are intelligent, spiritual, creative individuals who use their full range of senses (other than their poor eyesight) to carefully navigate their way through life.

Bats have a habit of flitting in and out of social situations, swooping down to interact briefly with others before quickly flying off to resume their bat lives. Unassertive and aloof, they'll take flight at the first hint of a confrontation to seek comfort in their personal spaces, generally decorated in unusual but expressive ways.

A sixth sense gives bats a number of advantages in their work, and their insightful nature enables them to understand others better than they understand themselves. This intuitiveness makes bats excellent psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and palm readers. They respond poorly to direction however, and function best as a sole practitioners in their own business. Preferring to work at night and sleep by day, a bat's job must be flexible enough to accommodate these unusual hours. A creative streak often finds them in the design and architectural fields, and their unique relationship with dark caves makes you a natural archeologist or spelunker.

Although the bat's spiritual side is always on display, they are not overly emotional. Because of their unusual and sometimes awkward approach to life they can sometimes have difficulty finding companions. However, bats respond well to anyone who shares their philosophical perspective, and they love spending long hours in deep conversation. Once they have successfully located a partner, bats prove to be both dependable and committed companions.

*Looks at the questions*

Wow, these quizzes are insanely positive, they assume everyone has to play sports, enjoy some level of social activity, have some level of potential etc.

*See's results*

No wait, never mind, it was just a ruse.

You are a Porcupine!

640px-Porcupine_NPS11952.jpg

• Thrifty
  • Practical
  • Cynical
Porcupines are physically small individuals with an over-abundance of attitude. Probably due to their lack of self-esteem, they have a tendency to seek comfort by putting others down and wit, sarcasm and ridicule are the primary weapons of its oftentimes disagreeable personality...
In Nine Questions they assume I like putting other people down? :P
Really Quiz?

Just because I'm not outgoing and active doesn't make me a bully you know.

And here's what I answered just for those wondering:

Average size
Strong-willed and assertive
Prefers the company of small groups of friends
Average looking; with some nice attributes
Dependable and honest; usually reliable
Intelligent & bright. Enjoys reading & debating
Generally inactive, occasionally plays sport
Has potential but struggles to get motivated
Vacations are fun but not essential

Where the hell in that did I even suggest liking to hurt others? o.O

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I guess because you are assertive means you are a bully? The joys of quizzes. x)
Most quizzes are fairly objective though. :P
This one just goes right in and says "You're an ass hole!". XD

*Looks at the questions*

Wow, these quizzes are insanely positive, they assume everyone has to play sports, enjoy some level of social activity, have some level of potential etc.

*See's results*

No wait, never mind, it was just a ruse.

In Nine Questions they assume I like putting other people down? :P
Really Quiz?

Just because I'm not outgoing and active doesn't make me a bully you know.

And here's what I answered just for those wondering:

Average size
Dependable and honest; usually reliable
Generally inactive, occasionally plays sport

Where the hell in that did I even suggest liking to hurt others? o.O

... I know what you mean. Porcupine was actually my second followed by Wildcat as third.

You are a Weasel!

605px-Bridled_weasel.jpg

• Small to medium size
  • Attractive
  • Mischievous
  • Flirtatious
  • Conceited
  • Untrustworthy

Weasel personalities are closely related to badgers and skunks and are suave and disarmingly charming. With their quick minds and lithe physiques they might appear to be promising companions, but are notorious for the Machiavellian streak that underscores their personalities. Their behavior is motivated by the fact that they are one of the world's smallest carnivores, and while lions and wolves may be able to afford a direct approach in acquiring resources the smaller personality of the weasel requires more devious tactics...

Yeah ... I'm a little more sportier than Gwazi ...so apparently that means I'm a devious fuck?

Average size
generally honest; somewhat unpredictable
Enjoys sports as a recreational tool.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
I TOO AM A BAT!

I am a swan, apparently. Mosdef not sophisticated, though. I disagree with those parts. >__>

*goes on to be the fluffiest most majestic-est swan there ever werewas*

You are a Penguin!

646px-Penguins_walking_-Moltke_Harbour,_South_Georgia,_British_overseas_territory,_UK-8.jpg

• Witty
  • Meticulous
  • Inscrutable
Scientific Name

Aptenodytes patagonica
Collective Term

A colony of penguins
Careers and Hobbies

• Writer
  • Herbalist
  • Journalist
  • Actor
  • Designer
  • Waiter
  • Gambling
  • Board games
  • Reading
  • Family time
Celebrities

• Oscar Wilde
  • Truman Capote
  • Danny Devito

Now you see it, now you don't. Aggressive yet gentle, outgoing but shy, stable yet flighty - everyone sees the penguin in a different way. It's that black and white thing: the penguin only reveals the side that it wants to you to see. So whether you like this darling-devil or not, you have to concede that it's a fascinating and enigmatic individual.
Penguins are birds condemned to live out their days on the ground. Unable to fly, their excess energy has no outlet save their creative talents and emotional outbursts. Penguins are poetic, artistic, and intellectually gifted, and as writers penguins have no equal.

But, if unable to channel their impulses in a positive way, the resulting turmoil proves damaging to their relationships and careers.
Penguins are deceptively intelligent and are particularly animated when intellectually challenged. They excel at word games and puzzles but are modest about their abilities and are generally underestimated by others.

With their misunderstood personality, penguins find writing an ideal tool for expressing their true feelings. They have a natural aptitude for languages and penguin personalities dominate the world of publishing as writers, editors, and journalists.

With a natural aptitude for languages, penguin personalities dominate the world of publishing as writers, editors and journalists. A strong sense of drama draws them to the theater and cinema, although unlike typical bird personalities they avoid the spotlight unless they're able to hide behind the characters they play. Once on stage however, they prove to be excellent performers with their multifaceted personalities conveying the full gamut of emotions.

However, a lack of confidence affects their work. Penguins tend to give up on tasks they were otherwise capable of and are often disappointed with their performance. Still, work never dominates their life and they always put their family first.

I just noticed...

All the positive animals have long descriptions.
While the one where the Quiz writes the person off as a dick have very short descriptions. :/

Cute test! :)

You are a Tiger!

Panthera_tigris_sumatran_subspecies.jpg

• Medium to large
  • Handsome
  • Discerning
  • Curious
  • Fashionable
  • Conceited

Tigers are handsome and powerful people with an innate self-confidence and elegance. There's a sense of immediacy and an aura of electricity that surrounds it, and when it walks into a room, something always seems about to happen. Once a tiger has found its groove, it focuses on its goal with a brightly burning intensity...

M-hm... sounds like me, although I wuldnt descrybe my-self as conceited. But hey, vho am I to argue with my animal side? :P

I'm a cock!
9WSCgtl.png

Dr. Phil endorsed this test so it must be accurate.

You are a Mouse!

640px-Apodemus_sylvaticus_bosmuis.jpg

• Sensible
  • Nervous
  • Submissive
Scientific Name

Peromyscus maniculatus
Collective Term

A nest of mice
Careers and Hobbies

• Customer service
  • Librarian
  • Shopkeeper
  • Bank teller
  • Shopping
  • Collecting
  • Board games
  • Gossiping
Celebrities

• By definition, mice are never famous.

Mice personalities are enormously successful and are well represented throughout cities and suburbs. Living in close proximity to larger animal personalities, they survive by utilizing the resources others consider insignifiant, and because of their limited consumption mice place very little stress on the environment. They are quiet, compliant people and they disappear into their homes after work without ever drawing attention to themselves.

Physically small and emotionally timid, mice personalities adopt a typically rodent pattern of self-reliance in order to survive. Their canny minds have long since learned that the only free cheese is to be found in a mousetrap and they wouldn't dream of depending on others for support. This independence is quite understandable, given that they get so little respect from others.

There can never be enough money in the mouse's bank account. Like their rodent cousins the packrats, mice are manic about hoarding their resources and planning for the future. If anyone were to look inside a mouse's garage they'd be struck by the mountains of old newspapers, boxes, and broken tools piled to the ceiling. These objects represent security and peace of mind for the mouse, and parting with them would be like separating from a lover. Consequently, they are often seen scurrying around swap meets and garage sales, eagerly adding to their collection.

Mice are unassuming and plain. As youngsters, they were endearingly cute, although later years their smallish features fail to mature with the rest of their body. As it ages, it'll probably evolve into a mousy haired elder going quietly about his or her business.

Mice are uncomfortable when exposed in the open, and their timidity forces them to keep a low profile. They enjoy the security of numbers and join social organizations like the Rotary Club or the chamber of commerce to enhance their acquisition of resources. Their work environments are always neat and well organized and they take great care to ensure that things are always in their correct place. They are creatures of habit and need schedules and routines to make them feel in control.

With their small personalities, mice find it difficult to compete in the business world. Consequently, they almost never own their own business, relying instead on the abilities of larger animal personalities to lead the way. they are content to function as a cog in the wheel of a large corporation. Dependable workers, mice are often found as customer service representatives, factory workers, bank tellers and librarians.

I just noticed...

All the positive animals have long descriptions.
While the one where the Quiz writes the person off as a dick have very short descriptions. :/
Nah, everyone just didn't press the "Read More about the [Animal]" -button or didn't feel like posting the whole description.

*Looks at the previous poster and silently scurries away*

About the Snake Personality

Gulf_Crayfish_Snake.jpg

• Small to medium size
  • Sensuous
  • Inventive
  • Meticulous
  • Unemotional
  • Nervous
Scientific Name

Dasypeltis scabra
Collective Term

A twist of snakes
Careers and Hobbies

• Writer
  • Artist
  • Psychoanalyst
  • Food industry
  • Philosophy
  • Swimming
  • Sculpture
  • Debating
  • Astrology
Celebrities

• Woody Allen

Pity the cold-blooded snakes. Without arms, wings or flippers, they are forced to slink through life in a solitary quest for warmth and acceptance. Shy and insecure, they must keep a low profile to avoid the disapproving glances and teasing of others. Of course, their poisonous wit and quick tongues help to keep tormentors at bay.

As a child its small frame was no defense against the taunts of the playground bullies, so its sharply vicious attacks were adopted as means of protection. Snakes have no illusions about getting breaks in life and while they see doors opening for others, they have resigned themselves to staying in their lowly, entry level positions. So don't try and humor the snake, for it has reconciled itself to its subservient position.

With their intimate connection to the earth and their unique perspective on life, snakes have learned to express themselves through their art. Whether writers, moviemakers or painters, they are obsessively meticulous about their craft. Every now and then, one makes an impact on the art world and is thrust into the spotlight. But the snake recoils from the glare of publicity, and its behavior becomes even more erratic than usual. Woody Allen, the proverbial snake, comes to mind.

In winter, the cold-blooded snake is miserable. It just can't cope in the low temperature that seeps in through its thin skin, affecting its mood and sapping its energy. Prone to colds and flu, they are pathetic sights as they snivel and cough throughout the season. But when summer returns with its warmth and light, the snakes' moods brighten and their spirits soar.

Snakes are not fussy about their choice of jobs. As cold blooded personalities they perform best when given warmth and kindness and will accept almost any job, provided they feel secure. However, if they feel mistrusted, they live up to their reputation and return the disloyalty. Consequently, they are often relegated to menial jobs in the fast-food industry or as unskilled labor.

I never imagined myself relating to a ssssssnake.....

You are a Mouse!

640px-Apodemus_sylvaticus_bosmuis.jpg

• Sensible
  • Nervous
  • Submissive
Scientific Name

Peromyscus maniculatus
Collective Term

A nest of mice
Careers and Hobbies

• Customer service
  • Librarian
  • Shopkeeper
  • Bank teller
  • Shopping
  • Collecting
  • Board games
  • Gossiping
Celebrities

• By definition, mice are never famous.

Mice personalities are enormously successful and are well represented throughout cities and suburbs. Living in close proximity to larger animal personalities, they survive by utilizing the resources others consider insignifiant, and because of their limited consumption mice place very little stress on the environment. They are quiet, compliant people and they disappear into their homes after work without ever drawing attention to themselves.

Physically small and emotionally timid, mice personalities adopt a typically rodent pattern of self-reliance in order to survive. Their canny minds have long since learned that the only free cheese is to be found in a mousetrap and they wouldn't dream of depending on others for support. This independence is quite understandable, given that they get so little respect from others.

There can never be enough money in the mouse's bank account. Like their rodent cousins the packrats, mice are manic about hoarding their resources and planning for the future. If anyone were to look inside a mouse's garage they'd be struck by the mountains of old newspapers, boxes, and broken tools piled to the ceiling. These objects represent security and peace of mind for the mouse, and parting with them would be like separating from a lover. Consequently, they are often seen scurrying around swap meets and garage sales, eagerly adding to their collection.

Mice are unassuming and plain. As youngsters, they were endearingly cute, although later years their smallish features fail to mature with the rest of their body. As it ages, it'll probably evolve into a mousy haired elder going quietly about his or her business.

Mice are uncomfortable when exposed in the open, and their timidity forces them to keep a low profile. They enjoy the security of numbers and join social organizations like the Rotary Club or the chamber of commerce to enhance their acquisition of resources. Their work environments are always neat and well organized and they take great care to ensure that things are always in their correct place. They are creatures of habit and need schedules and routines to make them feel in control.

With their small personalities, mice find it difficult to compete in the business world. Consequently, they almost never own their own business, relying instead on the abilities of larger animal personalities to lead the way. they are content to function as a cog in the wheel of a large corporation. Dependable workers, mice are often found as customer service representatives, factory workers, bank tellers and librarians.

Nah, everyone just didn't press the "Read More about the [Animal]" -button or didn't feel like posting the whole description.

*Looks at the previous poster and silently scurries away*
Yeah you better run, I hear mice are tasty~

Status
Not open for further replies.