The Animal in Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassie Nightingale
Cassie's eyes narrowed at his reason. Taking her hand, she pushed him. "NOT a good enough reason. I wouldn't want you to die, no matter how upset you make me. No more of that, okay? My anger will always go away, but if you actually die because of it, Dakota, I'm not going to be happy for a long time." She said seriously. "Now come here Popsicle. " Cassie gave him and hug, and gave him half the blanket. By now the movie was about ten minutes in.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Thank you, Space Heater," said Dakota.

They watched the movie. Dakota stared at the screen, emotionless. He had no idea what Cassie's reaction was, but personally Dakota was not scared. When the movie was done, he looked back at Cassie. "So? Were you scared? I want the Reverse Beartrap. Can you get me a Reverse Beartrap?"

Cassie Nightingale
At first, Cassie laughed uncontrollably, that was until she realized Dakota was serious. "No. Unless you plan on killing me, than...still no!" She laughed and hit his side. Looking back to where the packs, Liam sat eating a pint of ice cream. "I think your boy won." She laughed and turned back to him. "Oh, and I'm not scared more or less crept out by it. What do you want to do now?" Cassie asked politely.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Go, Liam!" laughed Dakota. He was about to answer Cassie, before Yvonne ran into the room with Isabelle trailing behind her.

"Dakota, Cassie. I think Ben's waking up."

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie did not hesitate at the sound of Ben waking, she tore off the blanket from her warmth and ran down to the hallway. Stopping at the door, she pushed it open gently. Ben was sitting on the side of the medical bed, his leg was in a cast. "Hey, Ben."

Ben looked up at the sound of Cassie's voice and smiled. "I got this shit on my leg, and well my heads pounding, but now that your here I'm better." He grinned. Grabbing his crutches, he went to get up.

Cassie hurried over and pushed him back down. "No, no, no, no, not yet. I have to talk with you first...something has happened and I would prefer you listen to me." She spoke calmly, hoping he wouldn't flip.

"What is it?"

Cassie went on to explain about Dakota and his pack moving in, and the storm that raged outside, and that she didn't know how long they would be here.

"WHAT?" Ben shouted in a uproarious state. Ben grabbed his crutches and crossed the room. Pulling open the door, he made his way to the living room, slowly.

Cassie how can you invite him here, do you not see the state I am in?

Calm down! They needed a place to stay and... Cassie decided to leave out the fact that Dakota and her were in love.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Ben walked into the living room -- or rather, brought himself in on crutches. Dakota leaped to his feet, wringing his hands together.

Don't even bother, man, thought Quentin.

"Ben, I am truly sorry for what happened to you," said Dakota nervously. "I did not mean to hurt you or anyone else. I don't deserve your forgiveness, but ... well, I feel better knowing you're okay."

Cassie Nightingale
Ben's eyes narrowed, he was furious. "I..." Ben balanced himself on the crutches. "Have nothing to say to you." With that Ben left the room and went upstairs to his bedroom.

"What...just...happened?" Isle question from beside the pool table.

Luka looked up Ben's way. "Lord help us when that storm comes." Luka pretended to pray.

Alec looked around and ran after his best friend.

Cassie watched as Ben and Alec ascended the stairs. "Well, that wasn't completely awful. Though that was the calm before the storm." Cassie sighed and moved to Dakota. "Hey, don't bet yourself up."

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota shrugged. "Could have been worse. I'm not beating myself up."

"You should probably tell him, like, now, though, before he walks in on you two kissing or something," said Liam, grinning mischievously.

"Shut up, Liam."

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie flashed Liam a look. "Oh just eat your pint." She laughed a little than looking to Dakota. "I'll tell him soon, just not today. With the way he acted, he'll be in his room all night and I would prefer him cool down before I give him more news to process." She smiled.

Cassie focused her attention else where, to Isle. "So you lost your grove girl, I mean Liam took you down and you play pool daily." Cassie flashed her a grin.

"Shut up, Cassie. It was just a off day." She spoke up immediately.

Cassie smiled and looked back to Dakota. "I'm gonna go handle some financial things for my grandmother, while she's asleep. Would you mind staying here, while I do that." She asked politely. She would only be in the study down the hall, by the front door, but Grandmother only allowed few people in there and right now Cassie doubted she would allow Dakota entrance.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Sure," said Dakota, sitting back on the sofa. He turned to Liam. "So, how exactly did you beat Isle?"

"With my skills."

"You have never played pool in your life."

"Says who?"

"You did."

"Oh, yeah."

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie had been going through some of her grandmothers financial records and sorting out the parts that needed payed. She needed to pay about €3,000 to be completely out of debt, which wasn't that bad when Cassie thought about it. Most of the things were for the renovation, and than there were things about hospital bills and medicine that Cassie didn't quite understand.

"You know if you wanted to go through my financial records so badly, all you had to do was ask." Her grandmother said leaving the door frame of her bedroom, and coming down the private spiral staircase that connected her bedroom and office together.

"Sorry, I just thought I would help sort it out. Um...why is they health bills in here, Grams?" Cassie questioned.

"I'm an old women, Cassie. Sometimes healing doesn't work and well a hospital is the only option unless I would rather take a eternal visit to the graveyard." Agatha said walking up behind the office chair, where Cassie sat. She stood and offered Agatha the spot. She took it.

Cassie walked over to the small couch and sat, facing the desk. Her grams know searching through the computer.

"So, please explain to me why you put this man before your pack, Cassie. We all know you have the memories of the past Alpha's floating in your mind, so you can't tell me you are new to this and have no clue what you are doing." Agatha spoke as she put on her glasses to see the screen better.

"Grams, I am trying not to be disrespectful and what not, but you can't boss me around." Cassie said in her defense.

"That's not what I asked you Cassie." Agatha spoke with a strong, gentle voice as she stood. Walking over to Cassie, she sat beside her and placed her hand onto Cassie's knee. "Darling, what I am asking is are you choosing him over the pack?"

Cassie sighed. "No, I am not choosing anyone over the pack...I am choosing both. I am done with packs being rivals, especially mine and Dakota's. It was stupid, and well now there is a new Alpha, and one that is willing to end this rivalry." Cassie spoke like a true leader, though she didn't feel that way.

"So, are you just playing this boy to get what you want?" Agatha questioned. Her senses with the packs feelings were completely out of tune, in fact they were none existent.

Cassie looked a little repulsed for a moment. "No! Heavens No, Grams. I love him, or else it would be so easy to chose the pack over him." Cassie admitted. She planned never to chose between Dakota and her pack, in fact she didn't want to. She loved the pack because it was her family, and she loved Dakota because he meant the world to her. It was like he was her other half.

"Well love Cassie, love him. Though you do have a pack to think about. So as long as the pack is not hurting from this union, than have your love." Agatha gave her granddaughter and hug. "You are dismissed, my love. Go be free...and what I said about not loving your grandfather, I did, but after the first few months. It was an arrange marriage." Agatha commented and than pushed Cassie out the office door. "DAKOTA COME AND GET HER BEFORE I HOG HER FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT!" Agatha yelled down the hallway.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota moved silently down the hallway to where Cassie was now standing in front of her grandmother's study door. "Well, you look happier," he noted, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her deeply. "I take it everything went well with her?"

Cassie Nightingale
"Mmm, yes I do feel better now. But..." Cassie grinned devilishly, she leaned up, wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. "That makes me feel a whole lot better." She laughed. "She seems to accept you a little more, now."

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Really?" said Dakota incredulously. "That's great!"

Jesse sat beside Isle on the sofa. "Um, hi," he said nervously.​

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie smiled, than yawned. "What time is it?" she questioned.

Isle looked over to Jesse a little surprised. "Hey!" She said, than turned her attention back to her sketch book. For some reason, Jesse, wasn't going any where. "How are you doing, Jesse?" She questioned him with a small smile on her face.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota checked the time on a wall clock behind Cassie. "Quarter past nine," he answered.

Jesse shrugged. "Just ... wanting to see what you're drawing."

Smooth, man.

Piss off, Quentin.

Ooh, big words twelvie.

Leave him alone.

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie looked at him a little surprised. It seemed later than that. "Really? Oh, well I am going up stairs." Cassie said walking past him. She didn't made if he came with, she was going to shower and than most likely write in her journal.

Isle chuckled. "There was a slight hesitation in your voice, are you nervous?" Isle shut the sketch book and looked at him. "If you wanna talk, just say so. I mean, yes, I am blunt, but I am nice most of the time." Isle confessed.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"I'll go say goodnight to everyone else, then come up with you," said Dakota. He walked into the living room, where the rest of his pack was sitting.

"Okay, guys, I'm turning in. Don't kill anyone, and I'll see you in the morning." Dakota saw Jesse sitting with Isle, raised his eyebrows and winked.

DAKOTA!

Yeah, good luck with that, mate.

Screw you.

Dakota ascended the stairs. Cassie was in the shower, so Dakota sat in the armchair to wait for her.

"Um, yeah, I'd like to talk," said Jesse nervously.

Isabelle stood up. Alright, people, we're clearing out.

But ---

Quentin James Reid, we are leaving. Liam, Yvonne, Cali, get your asses up.

Scared of Isabelle's forceful tone, the four other wolves followed Isabelle to their bedrooms in the basement. Thanks, Izzy.

No problem.

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie cleaned herself as the hot water poured down onto her skin. Thoughts ran through her head, Cassie didn't realize it was memories flooding to her from a female. The door was locked to her bathroom.

She was on a trail, heading west. There was only about three wolves with the girl. No towns were in sight. "Kara, please the British hunters are gaining. Why must we walk in our human forms." A wolf from behind her asked.
"Because, Jake, we must protest to them. So them that we are human to." The women named Kara said, that was the women who must have been the head of the pack. All of a sudden the wolves heard a loud crash in the distance. "Don't run!" Kara yelled. Just in the horizon, many hunters came into sight.

"Your plan is not working, they still want to kill us." A young girl said pulling at the sleeves of Kara's sweater. "Mama, please."
Within the next second, Kara felt an arrow enter her left side, than her right.
"MAMA!" The small girl screamed, and than her voice was drowned out...

Cassie screamed fiercely. She could feel the arrows in her side, though they were only in her imagination. But when Cassie looked down at her sides, they were bruised. Within seconds, of her screaming, she heard the door knob jiggle. She reached for a towel and wrapped herself in it. Though as she went to get out, a large pain shot through out her back, and again she screamed. Sitting against the rim of the claw-foot tub, Cassie focused on getting the pain to go away. She hadn't even realized the knob was jiggling.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Cassie?" said Dakota, immensely worried. He grabbed the doorknob and began shaking it. "Cassie? Cassie, are you okay? CASSIE!"

Status
Not open for further replies.