The Animal in Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassie Nightingale
Cassie had dozed off during Dakota's absence. Looking over to him she smiled. "Totally!" Cassie said sarcastically. "The towel makes you a hundred times sexier." She laughed and smiled at him. "Your clothes are on the bed, I can leave and let you dress if you want." She stood just in case he did want her to wait outside.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Nah, I'll get dressed in the bathroom," he said. He dressed, then stepped back out into Cassie's bedroom. "We'd better go downstairs, I think. Check if everyone's okay."​

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie smiled. "Um, I think you should go down without me. I need to think about some things, okay?" Cassie smiled a little dim smile, and walked over to the balcony, opened the door and stepped out.

~~~

Agatha was serving up some dinner, Justine, Kayla and Alec had cooked the meal. It was basic spaghetti. "Come and get it while its hot." She yelled though out the house.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Oh, okay," said Dakota. "I'll bring you some dinner."

Dakota descended the stairs and arrived in the kitchen just as his pack arrived there. They politely accepted spaghetti and ate it with surprisingly good table manners. Dakota took two bowls, one for himself and one for Cassie.

"Thank you Agatha," he said. He turned to his pack. "You guys alright?"

They nodded with full mouths.

Dakota delivered the bowl of spaghetti, with a fork, to Cassie on the balcony. "Here you go," he said. "Do you want me to go?"

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie looked up from her position on the balcony. "Thanks." She said as she took the bowl away from him, she sat it down on a table near her. "No...no, I don't want you to go." Cassie took a seat on one of the four chairs that's home was her balcony. Leaning forward, elbows to knees, she covered her face with her hands for a moment. "This...me, I mean the way I'm acting, has nothing to do with you, okay? I'm not mad at you, Dakota or anything. It's just things are a little complicated with my grandmother, right now. She's just...she just being such a bitch." She had no other way to put it. Rubbing her eyes, she just wanted to feel like her grandmother was there for her still.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Dakota, sitting in the chair beside her. "Maybe I can help. I'm always here for you."

(sorry it's so late)​

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie looked up at him. "She's always told be to do things my way, and well now that I am she doesn't like it. Says I'm not making the right sacrifices and what not." Cassie rubbed her shoulders, the cold was getting to her. "I'm sorry, that isn't your problem. Anyways it's kinda cold out here, can we go in?" She asked him, than stood, grabbed the spaghetti bowl and went inside.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota followed Cassie inside, taking his own spaghetti with him. "I'm sure she'll come around," he said. "I mean, you're the Alpha of the clan. Even if she doesn't like your decision, she has to deal with it, because she has absolutely no authority over you. I get that she's your grandmother and you have to do what she says to a certain extent, but still, it's your life.

"But, hey, what do I know? My parents never really tried to control me. They just let me do whatever I want. That's how I got bitten -- I was at a party, I got drunk and decided to walk home at two a.m., like the dumbass I am. Stefan found me and took me in."

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie stopped and looked at him. "I'm sorry that I told you to get over your family. That was wrong of me. And sorry that you got dragged into all this wolf stuff." She said sympathetically. She couldn't imagine what it was like to go through the transition from pure human to wolf. It sounded painful. "Come on lets go down stairs. I mean your pack must be missing you." She said remembering Isabelle, and the amount of worry she had for Dakota.

original.gif

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Yeah, they probably do," agreed Dakota. He picked up his own empty bowl and took Cassie's hand. "Yours probably miss you."

Dakota lead Cassie back to the kitchen, hand in hand, where the two packs waited.​

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie blushed as Dakota led her into the kitchen. Grandmother glaring something fierce. She coughed to get Cassie's attention, though she wasn't given it. Alec's smile he had faded.

Are you serious after eve...

Sometimes, love, you have to do what you feel is right. So shut up and given Cas a break, she loves the guy I know you can feel that

Cassie smiled and sat down at the bar. Looking at Justine she mouthed "Thank you." Than she smiled and focused on both packs. "What we miss?"

Last edited:
DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Well, Liam and Luka are, like, best friends," said Cali. "Jesse found out he loves pasta. Quentin found out he does not."

"It's disgusting," said Quentin.

Dakota looked at Alec, tracing circles onto Cassie's palm with his thumb. "What's been going on on your end?"

Cassie Nightingale
Alec looked at Cassie with a sly grin, than back to Dakota. "You tell me. I mean my best bud is lying in the healing room, unconscious cause of you. And well now my Alpha and you are just, I don't know, shacking up or something." Turning his attention over to Cassie he frowned. "Cas how can you just do this, I mean come on! You've had visions of what his pack has done. You almost died in one it was so real."

Justine butted in. "Enough! You seriously need to go take a walk and cool off! They are not at blame, and you are not acting like the guy I know, right now."

"Oh, and the guy you know is just gonna stand by and watch this happen."

At this point Cassie was a little furious, in the scary way. She smiled in a crazy way and stood. "You're right, Alec."

Everyone looked at her.

"I'm being so selfish, I get that. Though what did I tell you? You know in the hallway upstairs. Yeah well that also applies to insults. So if you really want to continue why don't we meet in the clearing?"

Alec gulped and remained silent.

"Didn't think so. Your dismissed." Looking at everyone around her, she glanced to Alec as he left. "Sorry about that, you guys."

I'm sorry, Alec. Just you need to stop making a scene, okay? I mean how would you like if I said you and Justine couldn't be together, that you had to been with Isle?

I wouldn't like it

Than lay off me

"SO!" Isle pipped up and looked around. "Who wants to play some pool, winner gets the rest of my pint of Ice cream." Isle pipped up and the pack started signing up to play her.

Cassie looked over to Dakota. "I'm sorry, he'll come around. Trust me is just stubborn as all get out. Try apologizing to him, just him no one else. His pretty forgiving. I should know, I accidentally bit him the other day, almost took off his leg, and well he forgave me." She smiled at him. Bring up her hand, she put it on his face. "A lot of my pack is on your side, its just Alec and Ben...and my grandmother. Though I am still trying to figure out why she flipped all of a sudden."

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"I didn't mean to aggravate him," Dakota whispered to Cassie as the rest of the pack learned how to play pool from Isle. "I didn't mean to make him upset. I was just trying to be polite." His brow furrowed. "I'm so stupid."

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie eyed him for a moment as she listened to him speak. "It's okay, Dakota. You did nothing wrong." Cassie smiled. "And would you please stop lying to me and saying you're stupid, cause you're not." She laughed. "Did you want to watch a movie?" She said standing up and stretching.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Sure," said Dakota. "I warn you, I haven't watched a movie in, like, seven years. I think the last one I watched was Drop Dead Fred."

Cassie Nightingale
"Oh my god! No! My grandfather took me to see it when I was a kid, at one of those movie theaters that shows old movies, and it scared me. I mean I was like six or seven when I saw it." Cassie laughed and took his had, walked past the packs and into the living room. "If you want to watch it, we have it. Or we can watch something scary, actually scary. Or you can just scan the movie wall for something you want to watch." She pointed over to a small, three shelved, book case full of movies.

(Sorry about the lack of GIFs lately, they aren't working for some reason)
DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Scary movie, please," said Dakota. He dashed to the movie case. "Quentin and Liam sometimes sneak into the movies and watch horror films. They say they're really good, and I would go with them, but they're too loud. Isabelle, Yvonne and Jesse are all to wimpy to watch them, and Cali thinks they're stupid." Dakota found a movie Quentin and Liam had seen a few years ago that they had highly recommended. "Saw. We should watch Saw."

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie smiled and took the movie from him, and placed it into the Blu ray. After a few seconds the menu popped up, and Cassie clicked play. Putting the remote down next to the player, she walked over and took a seat next to Dakota. "There." She flashed a grin, than grabbed a blanket from the back of the couch and covered herself with it. "Did you wanna share the blanket, Mr. I almost froze to death? Why did you not shift?" Cassie questioned.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Why didn't I shift?" Dakota repeated blandly. "Because I upset you and I didn't deserve to save myself."

Dakota knew it was a pathetic reason, but it was true. Cassie probably wouldn't like it, but it was the truth.​

Status
Not open for further replies.