The Animal in Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassie Nightingale
Agatha stood beside Yvonne. She had asked that the rest of the pack wait outside and allow the two to heal Ben without distraction. Though that didn't work as planned as the growing winds forced mountains of snow to crash to the earth violently. Softly she hurried Yvonne's voice mention the on coming blizzard. "My child, first we must focus on Ben, if we don't he will die. Allow Cassie sometime to think and with hope she will do what you desire in your heart." Agatha could sense the wolfs desire to heed shelter within her home, but it was no longer up to Agatha it was up to Cassie. The house always did and always will belong to the Alpha of the pack.

Cassie stood still looking out the window, it had been about a hour since Dakota and Jesse left the residence. Cassie eyed the dangerously frigid storm. She knew Dakota's pack would freeze to death in the weather, especially since England had not seen this kind of monstrous storm in decades.

"Cassie, my darling, Ben will be a lot." He grandmother's voice broke the spell that the storm had on her. "Though the young wolf that came to help fears this storm...and so do you. You know what it is capable off so why are you just standing here and not going after him." Agatha's worry filled her voice. She wasn't being demanding, but she was forcing Cassie's hand.

Cassie nodded. "Tell Luka and Justine to get ready, we're going into the woods." Cassie informed her grandmother. Agatha nodded and descended the stairs in a flash.

Looking at Yvonne, she spoke softly. "You shall stay here, my grandchild and a few others shall bring you pack back here in no time. Come let me show you to your room." Agatha directed the wolf down some stairs to the spar bedrooms in the basement. This storm could last days and well they would need a place to stay,

Cassie found both Luka and Justine in their wolf forms. Without saying anything she looked up to the sky, the blizzard grew stronger. Focusing she ran and transformed into a wolf as whiter than snow, with purple eyes that glowed like daggers. She was on a mission.

Stopping about a half a mile into the forest, she sniffed the area, Dakota's scent was come from the east. She howled, it echoed through the trees rapidly.

This way

Cassie drove her wolf form through the many layers of snow, yet it did not slow her, because she came into the camp within a minute.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Cassie and the other wolves burst into Dakota's pack's camp. Cali, Quentin and Liam, already in their wolf forms, stood rigid, ready to fight. Isabelle and Jesse stood up, standing before the tree Dakota was slumped against.

Dakota himself, refusing to change to keep himself warm, leaned against the tree with blue lips and a pallid face. He turned his head and saw the three wolves from Cassie's pack.

"What is it?" he said monotonously. He laughed dryly. "One of you will have to change back, we can't communicate like this."

Yvonne began cleansing the wound. "I'm not scared. I'm ready to help," she said to Agatha. "What would you like me to do?"

Cassie Nightingale
Agatha eyed Yvonne. "Well you are strong than. You need to sow up Ben's side, while I take care of his leg." Looking down at Ben's leg, it had a bone sticking out of it.

Cassie looked at them each.

Cassie we don't feel safe shifting back here.

Cassie breathed and began to shift back. Standing, bare, she looked at them, stopping as she looked at Dakota. "The storm is growing intensely and we are offering to open our home to you, safely." Cassie paused, they all stared at her. "We have prepare a place for you all on your own floor, that is if you except." Cassie spoke strongly yet softly. She could see that Dakota was freezing.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota was so cold and delirious, he didn't even notice that Cassie was naked. He nodded weakly. "Alright, we'll come," he whispered, before fainting. Jesse managed to haul him onto Quentin's back, and, with Isabelle sitting on Quentin's back to hold Dakota there, the pack ran for the house.

Yvonne nodded silently. She picked up her needle and began to stitch up Ben's side. She wasn't squeamish, getting the job done quickly and efficiently.​

Cassie Nightingale
Following back the pack, in her wolf form, Cassie made it to the house with everyone still intact. Shifting back, Cassie watched as Alec and Isle came out with many blankets for everyone, mostly cause it would have been a lot of nude walking through grandmother's house.

"Thank you." Cassie spoke up.
Now play nice, and no snarky comments and shit or we will go rounds in the clearing

Looking back at the others she spoke softly to them. "Your rooms are on the bottom floor, pick a it and it is yours." She said as she motioned them to follow Alec to the bottom floor. "Dakota, wait." She said stopping him in his tracks. "Come with me." She pulled at his blanket and motioned him up stairs to her room.

Pushing open the door, she stepped in. "You can lay on the bed. This is the warmest room in the house and well you're nearing hypothermia so you need to get warm." Walking over to her wardrobe, she pulled out a red flannel pajama bottom and a white v-neck t-shirt for her.

With in a moment, Isle knocked on the door and brought it an pair of black sweat pants and a gray t-shirt for him. "There Luka's so you don't have to worry about returning them to someone like Ben or Alec." She noted and dismissed herself.

Cassie let the blanket fall from her, no shame, and she dressed.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota thanked Isle, dressed in the clothes then collapsed on Cassie's bed, shivering. "I'm an idiot," he whispered, barely able to choke the words out.

"C-C-Cassie?" he stammered, his eyes closed. He was about to faint again. "I-I'm s-sorry. Is B-Ben okay? D-D-Did Isle t-tell you wh-what I said about you?"

The rest of the pack dispersed, finding bedrooms of their own and dressing thankfully in the clothes Cassie's wolves brought them.​

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie watched him collapse on the bed. Luckily Cassie didn't have to light the fire, because while she was away, the guys lit it for her. Walking over to Dakota she smiled. "Yes, you're an idiot. And you're gonna have to make this up to me some how." She laughed.

Cassie climbed onto the bed and pulled him to her. His head rested on her covered chest and her legs were wrapped around him. She pulled the blanket up of him. Gently running her hand through his hair, she kissed his forehead. "Just focus on not dying, okay? Can you do that for me?" She smiled and held him tightly.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"I c-can't really focus on anything," he whispered. He felt nice, with Cassie wrapped around him and running her fingers through his icy hair. He wrapped his strong arms around her waist, splaying his fingers over the small of her back. "I love you. And I promise, I'm not even deluded."

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie caressed him, and continued stroking his hair. Put her chin on the top of his head, she smiled. "Than focus on my voice, love." She kissed his forehead, again. "I love you to, Dakota. I, Cassie Nightingale, love you." She breathed out the words. She had figured that out as she stood staring out the window earlier. She guessed it was the whole wolf side of her being brought to the surface that allowed her to fall in love so fast."Now that I said that, you are going to focus on warming yourself up. I refuse to lose you."

DAKOTA MASON SAYWER
"And I, Dakota Sawyer, promise to allow myself to warm up," said Dakota, smiling weakly. As he lay in Cassie's warm embrace, he fell asleep.

Jesse and Isabelle sat in Quentin's room with the rest of the pack. They were unsure what to do. They didn't know where Dakota was.​

Cassie Nightingale
Watching as Dakota fell asleep, Cassie smiled and wormed her way out from under him. She tucked him in and exited the room. Turning she was stopped by Alec.

"You know this is going to create more drama, especially after what he did to Ben." Alec was slightly angry with this whole bringing them here kinda thing. Ben was laying in the medical room, resting, and Dakota was with their Alpha.

Cassie stepped closer to him. "I get you may be mad with me for bringing them here, and allowing him in my room, Alec, but if you so much as touch a hair on his head then you will answer to me." At this point Cassie was extremely intimidating Alec even though her was about half a foot taller than her. Moving passed him she descended the stairs all the way to the basement. She could smell them all huddled within one room at the end of the hallway. She knocked and than opened the door. "Hello. We haven't all formally met, I'm Cassie. Welcome to my home." She said softly.

DAKOTA SAWYER MASON and pack
"Thank you," said Jesse. He was the Alpha until Dakota was better. "I'm Jesse, as you already know. This is Cali, Quentin, Liam and Isabelle. Yvonne's in the healing room. Thankyou for allowing us to stay here during the storm. It is very much appreciated."

"Where's Dakota?" asked Isabelle fearfully. "Is he alright?"

"He'll be fine, Izzy," said Liam. "You just have a crush on him."

"I do not!" lied Isabelle.​

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie smiled at the girl named Isabelle, she didn't mind seeing she had a crush on Dakota, after all he was a likable guy. Looking back to Jesse she again smiled. "Any time. If you need anything just ask. You have nothing to worry about with my pack, they will be nice to you all." Cassie noted looking back at the girl. "Your Isabelle, right?" She nodded. "Dakota will be okay, his upstairs." She said, leaving out the whole 'in my room' part. Cassie didn't want to hurt the girl, especially when she was so worried. "His asleep right now, but when he wakes up I'll be sure to bring him down."

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Thank you," said Isabelle kindly. The rest of the pack broke off into small conversations. "Is the guy Dakota hurt okay?" she asked Cassie.

~

Yvonne finished tending to Ben. "Is there anything else I can help you with, ma'am?" she asked Agatha politely. "Could I help anyone else?"

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie looked at the girl. "With some time, he will be. Luckily My grams and Yvonne were able to help him." Cassie noted and than looked at everyone else. She didn't belong here with them, she knew that. "Dinner will be in a few. For now I have to go." Cassie smiled and exited the room.

Agatha stood next to Yvonne. "Thank you, but no. You may go to your pack now." Just as Agatha dismissed Yvonne, Cassie walked into the room.

"Wow, he looks pretty bad." Cassie said as she walked over to Ben, who was asleep on the table.

Agatha eyed Cassie. "Um, Yvonne could you leave please, I have some things I would like to discuss with my grandchild." Grandmother's tone was harsh. It was visible she was shaking with rage.

∗∗∗
After Yvonne left, Agatha turned to Ben and gave him a sedative that would keep him asleep during this conversation. Looking up at Cassie, who had a slight amount of fear in her eyes, she took one breath. "Do you even have the slightest clue how close, Ben, came to dying today?" He words were harsh in nature.

Cassie nodded. "Yes, grandmother, I do."

Agatha's eyes narrowed. "And do you understand how irresponsible it is to love that man up there?" She questioned Cassie.

Tears came from Cassie's eyes. "Yes, I do." Cassie averted her grandmother's gaze.

"LOOK AT ME!"

Cassie complied and stared at Agatha.

"Now you listen to me. You are no longer some girl, you are an Alpha, and the pack comes first!" Agatha screamed. Cassie swore the entire house could hear her grandmother's rage. "And right now you are not doing a damn good job of that." He words cut like knifes.

"You think what I am doing isn't for the pack. I didn't have Ben start that fight, and I didn't have Dakota stop it! Grandmother, all I have done since the day I got here was work for the pack, do what the pack needed and when I finally found something that makes it all worth while, I'M WRONG!" Cassie shouted, her anger level was rising rapidly.

"Yes, you are! Me and your grandfather sacrificed so much for this pack! We even sacrificed the ones we truly loved." Agatha slipped the last part out.

Cassie looked at her confused. "W-What are you saying? That you and grandfather didn't love each other?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. You may not love Ben, but he loves you and you two come from the same pack."

Cassie couldn't believe the words that Agatha was speaking. "You know what Grandmother, you always said follow my heart, and I am. I love Dakota, not Ben! And no amount of lectures, or shading me is going to change that! Now if you'll excuse me I am going up stairs to be with him." Cassie moved passed her grandmother.

"You come back here, now! This conversation is not over!"

Cassie turned back to face her grandmother. "I am the Alpha here, and I say it is." Cassie turned opened the door, slammed it behind her and bolted up the stairs back to her bedroom. She didn't understand, why would grandmother be so upset that she was with the one she loved? She had always taught Cassie to fight for what she believed in, for what she loved. And now that Cassie was doing it, it was wrong? No. Something was up with her for some reason. And saying that her and grandfather weren't in love, that was...Cassie hoped that was a lie. Tears ran down her face as she entered her bedroom.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota woke up just as Cassie entered the room. He was still cold, but nowhere near as bad as he had been before. He sat up straight and ran his hands through his hair.

That was when he looked at Cassie. She was crying. Without even consciously deciding to do it, he jumped up, bounded across the room and wrapped her in his embrace. "Are you okay?" he choked -- he was still shivering slightly. "What happened? Is it Ben?" Horror coursed through him. "Is he alright? Did I hurt him really bad? Oh, Cassie." He kissed her forehead. "I'm so sorry. This is all my fault."

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie pulled away to see his face. "I'm fine, Dakota, really. I'm fine. It's not your fault, it's mine." Cassie shock her head. Holding his hands, she felt they were cold. "Do you wanna take a shower?" Cassie asked. With or without her, he need to take a hot shower.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota blushed a little. "I'll probably fall over," he said. He had just begun to feel nauseous. "Do you have a bath?"

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie laughed a little. "Yeah, right through that door. Towels are in the cabinet inside." She said pointing to the bathroom door. Cassie went and sat on the chair next to her bed.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Thanks," said Dakota. He ran a steaming hot bath and sank into the water, allowing it to warm him.

After his bath, he felt better. He wrapped a towel around his waist and stepped back into Cassie's room. Feeling humorous, he leaned against the doorframe and grinned. "Do you find my stunning beauty distracting?"

Status
Not open for further replies.