The Animal in Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassie Nightingale
Cassie looked up at Dakota and than back to Ben. "Nah. Besides if he did like me, it wouldn't matter cause I think of him like my older brother." Cassie laughed the words out, though she did question Ben's motives of protecting her. "Anyways, lets go to the gazebo." She pulled at his arm moved along, exiting the house into her grandmother's flower garden.

The Garden was magnificently filled with bright colors like pinks, sky blues, oranges, and yellows that was juxtaposed with the deeper colors like navy blue and a deep purple. The garden was Cassie's favorite spot, besides her bedroom. The aroma's that filled her nose were not unpleasant, but in fact intoxicating her mind with happiness. Though the main piece of the Garden was the gazebo, which was made out of an old oak tree that Agatha's Grandfather planted when she was just a little girl, no older than five or six. The tree had fallen last spring and Agatha couldn't let it ago, especially since it wasn't dead, but was force down by some hikers. Staining, preserving the wood and cutting it to where she would only need to use the one other tree, that was almost identical, Agatha created the gazebo. Adding things like a vine wall that laced the posts and top of the gazebo, added a very earthy feeling to it.

Cassie smiled as she stepped up the few stairs that the gazebo had. "Welcome." She giggled a little as she took a seat on one of the four built in benches.

Isaac-isaac-lahey-31767898-245-245_large.gif

DAKOTA MASON SAYWER
"It's beautiful," breathed Dakota. He had only ever glimpsed the gazebo from the from the forest before. Now, up close, the structure was simply dazzling.
Dakota sat beside Cassie. He was a mere centimeter away from her. He put his hand open on his leg, itching to take hers.

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie looked down, seeing his hand open made her question his feelings though she couldn't bring herself to ask, especially since they had just meet a hour before. But for some reason she found an excuse to take his hand in hers, though not letting him now she wanted to hold his hand. "Did you know that some lines on your hand can tell you your future. I thought it to be a joke, until my grams told me other wise." She laughed for a moment. "See a witch showed her what the lines mean. See this line that connects your wrist and goes toward your pinkie is your life span, and you'll have a long one." She said as she traced his palm with her pointer finger. "This one that connects your wrist to the webbing between your pointer finger and your thumb tells you when and for how long you will have your best-friend or partner in your life. Seeing yours comes from about mid-twenties and last the rest of your life." She spoke as she showed him that the indent on his palm stretch all the way to his webbing, and crossed his life time around his the time of his twenties. She laughed. "I forgot what the other line meant, but if you turn your hand to where your pinkie is the closest finger to you, like this." She said as she turned his hand. "The line between your finger and the first super deep line, is how many children you will have." She smiled at him. "Looks like you'll have about three, maybe four. There's a small line down a the bottom here so I can't tell you for sure the amount."

block.php

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota's heart fluttered when Cassie took her hand. He listened as she read his future, his skin tingling where she touched him.

He didn't know why he decided to do it. He had no explanation for his actions. But he placed his hand on her cheek, turned her face toward him and kissed her.

He had only held the kiss for about three seconds before he realised what he was doing. He jumped back, running his hands through his hair and clutching the curls tightly, almost pulling them out. "I'm sorry," he said manically. "I'm so, so sorry. I have no idea why I did that. I'm sorry. I'll go, I'll go."

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie didn't understand, and barely had time to react before Dakota got up and walked out of the gazebo. He had kissed her and she didn't know why, but she liked it.

Turning quickly she lunged out of her seat and ran after him. "Wait!" She called after him, though he didn't answer her, he turned to see her. "Wait." She repeated the command and still ran to him. Without giving it a second thought, Cassie ran into him, gently and kissed him back. She had no idea why, but she did. It was like every fiber of both her wolf and human side where screaming at her to kiss him, to make some physical contact with him. And the worst thing was she didn't want to pull away, but she had to.

Looking up at him, her face only inches from his, she breathed. She could feel the blush setting into her cheeks now. He heart pounded against her chest, almost like it wanted to break free and no longer be confined. Cassie opened her mouth to say something, but was rudely interrupted by a loud yell from the door to the house.

"CASSIE!" Justine yelled from the house. Cassie looked back at her gaze. She could also see Ben in the kitchen window looking confused by Justine. He detached himself from the counter and started her way. Justine looked at Cassie, wide eyed.

Turning back to Dakota, Cassie frowned a little. Sadness crept over her as she realized she had to leave him or else Ben might kill him. "I'm so sorry, but I have to leave." She side, than leaned up and kissed his cheek. Turning, she ran over to where Justine hurried her inside. Taking one last look at Dakota before she entered.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota watched her leave, choking back tears. She had kissed him. She had kissed him. He turned away from the house and began walking back into the forest.

What was he going to do? He knew he loved her. He didn't know what to do about it. He had never been in love. The only love he had ever seen was his human parents.

Jesse.

Yes?

Come here.

Dakota didn't have to ask him twice. Jesse arrived in his human form in the space of two minutes. "Yes?"

Dakota spilled everything that had happened. Jesse listened, wide-eyed and silent.

"I'm sleeping here tonight," he said. "In the forest. I can't leave her. You're in charge. Run recon and surveillance like usual. Take the others hunting. Keep me in the loop; tell me what happens. Can you do that?"

"Yes."

"Good. Thanks, you're the best. Now go."

Jesse left. Dakota stripped off his clothes, shimmered down into his wolf form and curled on the ground to sleep, hoping Ben came to cause some trouble.​

Cassie Nightingale
"What the hell were you thinking? Kissing him, is not only against like everything we stand for, but Cassie you just meet him and his pack as been our sole enemy for years." Justine screamed at her inside Cassie's bedroom. Luckily for Cassie it was Justine to find her out there with Dakota and not Ben.

Cassie smiled remembering the moment her lips touched Dakota's. It wasn't like one of those love movies where there was fire works in the back ground, but more like she felt her body be at ease for the first time in a long time. She felt whole again.

Justine was in the middle of a rant about how irresponsible Cassie was being, when she noticed the girl was dazing off. Walking over she snapped her fingers in Cassie's face, cluing her back into reality. "Listen up miss love struck over there. If anyone finds out about this, it could be a disaster."

Cassie's eyes narrowed and she stood. "Oh, like say a rivalry between the two packs? Oh, wait that already exists!" Cassie made a snarky remark. For some reason she felt protective over what had just happened. Protective over Dakota.

"Oh, do not get sassy with me! I could be the total bitch and tell Ben about this or even, I don't know the entire pack! Cassie, we have had a long going war with his pack, and just cause you two are smitten doesn't mean the rest of either pack is going to like it. " Justine had a point. Yes, Dakota and her were Alphas, but sadly each and every beta had a mind of their own. What they could do in their human forms were up to them, and sometimes in their wolf forms too.

Cassie frowned. "I want to be happy, that is all. I get the pack wouldn't like this so can we not tell them?" Cassie asked, hoping Justine would say yes.

Justine rolled her eyes, she couldn't believe she was about to say this. "Fine, whatever. Your the Alpha here, not me. Though don't say I didn't warn you." Justine left immediately after saying the secret was safe with her.

Cassie did a little gesture in happiness. It was so much easier knowing that one third of the group that knew wasn't going to say anything. Going over to her wardrobe, Cassie took out a tank and some shorts. Looking at the clock, it had been two and a half hours since Justine brought her into the house, told Ben nothing happened that she just saw Cassie fall, and then took her to her bedroom to start scolding her. Looking back at the door, she smiled. Pulling off her outfit, to wear only her bra and underwear remained, she walked into her bathroom and started the water for a shower. The air was hot, and well Cassie felt the need to cool off and take a breathe, a shower would do just the trick for her.

After her shower, Cassie came back into her bedroom, towel off, and dressed him her sleepwear. Brushing out her hair, and putting it into two braids, she hopping into bed and pulled the covers up; but not before opening up her balcony door for air.

tumblr_m8j6kqV6mo1ql64wto1_500.gif

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota woke up at around nine o'clock. He shifted back into his human form and dressed. He checked in with Jesse, to make sure everything was okay. All was fine.

Dakota eyed the house. He took a deep breath in, and picked up Cassie's scent easily. She slept in the room with the balcony. Dakota set off at a sprint, scaled the wall of the house and climbed onto Cassie's balcony.

He leaned against the doorframe, watching her sleep.​

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie was fast asleep and wasn't waking anytime soon. Well that was until the incident.

The stirred awake in their rooms and some in the kitchen, cooking breakfast. Grams, Alec, Ben and Isle were in the kitchen fixing up this mornings food, when Grams ask Ben to wake Cassie. Ben happily said yes. As he left, Grams leaned over to Isle and smiled. "So when do you expect him to profess his love for Cassie?" Grams laughed and returned to cutting some vegetables.

Ben seemed to bounce on the way to Cassie's door on the second floor. For some reason his emotions turned in him. He felt his love for Cassie expand, and he knew he had feelings for her. Soon he faced the red wood that was her door. A small engraving was on the door. "With hope, one shall prosper." Cassie had spoke that quote at five years old, and her grandfather loved it so much he put it on her bedroom door. A year later the room would be abandoned and a witch would erase Cassie's memory of her wolf heritage.

Ben smiled and pressed the door handle down, opening the door. Within seconds anger filled him.

He was here.

Ben looked at a sleeping Cassie and than back to Dakota. "What the fuck you doing here? I mean stalking is a new low for you mutts!" Ben said crossing the room. Once her reached half-way across the room, his anger was growing to large. His shift came.

Cassie heard the commotion and woke from a dead, peaceful, sleep. Seeing Ben wolfed out charging straight for Dakota scared her. "Run!" She yelled at Dakota.

tumblr_mpjmugVVnw1qa5kz0o2_250.gif

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota saw Ben wolf out, and immediately began shifting. His eyes turned yellow, and long fangs grew instead of his teeth. He flipped himself over the railing of the balcony, ripping into his wolf form halfway between the balcony and the ground.

Dakota landed on all fours, his gray coat standing in aggravated bristles. He growled, his fangs bared as he waited for Ben to follow him.​

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie watched as Dakota shifted and fell backwards down the balcony, Ben bounding after him. How stupid could they both be? Cassie was furious at this moment, and it wasn't because she was woken up.

Ben bounded after the alpha male. He was furious. How could Dakota think that for a millisecond Ben would be alright with him spying on Cassie, his Cassie. Jumping over the, somehow not broken, balcony, Ben landed on all fours. Snarling at Dakota, who was now in his own wolf form. This was going to be bad. Though be did not note that, he was too busy wanting to rip Dakota's throat out.

Charging at Dakota, Ben took a nip out of him. It seemed to be a fracas brawl that neither party was giving up on soon.

(I'm gonna go GIFless until the fight is over)
DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota's mouth filled with blood as he sunk his teeth into Ben's right back leg. He secured a firm hold onto the other wolf and used his body to throw Ben against the side of the house. The other wolf fell to the ground with a thud.

Dakota looked up at the balcony, where he knew Cassie would be. Dakota didn't want to hurt Cassie's feelings by harming one of her wolves.

Jess, bring me some clothes.

You wolfed out?

Yep.

On my way.

Dakota couldn't risk shifting back into his human form while Ben was so angry with him. Instead, he crouched on the ground in a relaxed position, hind legs tucked under his body and front legs extended before him. He lay his head on his front legs, keeping his eyes fixed on Ben. A sign of surrender.​

Cassie Nightingale
Ben lay furious against Grandmother's wall. His side was bleeding, and yet he couldn't find the strength to back down. Finding a way to get back on four legs, he took a chance and charged towards Dakota.

Cassie ran down stairs, no noticing her Grams and the pack where in the dining room wondering what was happening. They all thought Ben and Cassie were practicing before breakfast so they didn't have to rush out and do it later. But no, that was not the case. Swinging the back door open, she caught Ben just in time to charge at Dakota. "ENOUGH!" Cassie yelled in a serious tone. She was pissed, and not just at Ben, but at Dakota to. She could smell Ben's blood.

As Cassie's voice hit Ben's ears, his shift started to leave him. He stopped running towards Dakota when he felt it. Within seconds he lied there bare naked. Agatha brought out a blank for him, though with realizing his wound on his side. Agatha looked up with slight rage in her eyes.

She was about to say something when Cassie knelt down to Ben and told him it was going to be alright. "Alec, please come help us." She called off into the house.

Alec came right away, saw the commotion and than saw Dakota. "We all knew you were too good to be true. Use Cassie to get to us, huh? Wow, even I think that's low." Alec ran over and picked up Ben, bridal style, and carried him into the house, to the healing room. Agatha right behind him.

Cassie was still in shock. Had he really used her? She didn't know. What was he even doing here? Again she didn't know. Tears flooded her face. She knew Ben had a temper, but so did Dakota. She cuffed her mouth, and than ran her hand through her hair. If fact she didn't even know Dakota at all. He could have just been lying to her all last night. What if he didn't even have feelings for her? Like he was just doing it to bring her walls down, so she wouldn't permit her pack to attack. She didn't know, and yet her curiosity remain unspoken. She looked at Dakota, heartbroken, and than took off into the house, by passing everyone and their questions. She ran straight to her room, slammed the door, walked over to the balcony and shut that one.

tumblr_mplj4gLxFB1sy1mkeo1_500.gif

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Hurt flooded through Dakota when Alec said those words to him. It wasn't true. Dakota had been waiting for Cassie. Ben had attacked him.

Cassie ran inside just as Jesse ran up to him, carrying a bundle of Dakota's spare clothes. Dakota shifted back into his human form and wordlessly donned the new garments. Then, wearing Quentin's oversized pants, Liam's tight-fitting shirt and his own leather jacket, Dakota burst into tears.

Jesse shifted through Dakota's thoughts until he found what had happened. He embraced Dakota gently, trying to calm him down.

"I've ruined everything, I've ruined everything."

"No, you haven't," said Jesse firmly. He could not stand to see his Alpha this upset. Letting go of Dakota, who collapsed onto his knees and continued to cry, Jesse walked to the back door of the house and knocked gently on the wood.

One of the pack minors opened the door to him. "Hello," said Jesse politely, flashing the young one a kind smile. "May I please speak to Cassie?"

Cassie Nightingale
Luka eyed the boy for a moment, than looked back at the healing room that wasn't far away from the door. "Come, but be quite and quick." Luka motioned him into the room. He could feel Cassie's pain course in his brain. Slowly, and quietly, Luka moved Jesse up the stairs to the second floor and down a hallway to Cassie's room. "Be respectful of her right now, trust me you haven't seen Cassie wolf out yet." With his warning now in place, Luka took his leave and went back the way he came.

Cassie was inside her room holding her knees to her chest, crying. For some reason this hit her harder than it should have. Ben was laying on a medicine table down stairs while her grandmother took care of him, but it was difficult with how much blood he was losing, Cassie could literally feel his pain in her side.

Just as she was trying to push away the pain, the door crept open and a guy she slightly recognized stood in the doorway.

Last edited:
tumblr_m8j6kqV6mo1ql64wto1_500.gif

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Jesse stepped into Cassie's bedroom, soundless on the soft carpet. "Hello, Cassie. My name is Jesse. I'm Dakota's Beta."

Jesse moved until he stood beside Cassie's bed. He knew to tread carefully.

"I'm here to tell you that Dakota isn't trying to use you in any way. He is totally, completely and utterly in love with you, Cassie. I've had to deal with his soppy thoughts all night. It's pretty exhausting." Jesse laughed lightly. "What happened with Ben was an accident. Dakota had been waiting for you on your balcony, and Ben came in, panicked and attacked him. What happened to Ben was an accident. Dakota didn't mean to hurt him that badly, just to save himself -- "

Ask her if she wants Yvonne.

" -- in fact, he's offered our own healer to come and help your grandmother in healing Ben. He could get better with two healers. Look, Dakota's really sorry about what happened. All he wants is you. If you don't believe me, you can send someone from your pack out to talk to him."

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie stared at him blankly, she heard truth in his voice, but yet couldn't bring herself to believe in his words.

Isle please go speak with him

She could sense Isle removal from the house and out into the garden. Though as she did, she took into deep thought about Yvonne. Ben was in danger of dying and well he did make a point two healers where better than one. "Yes..." Cassie choked out. "Yes, could you have Yvonne come." She managed to say.

Isle stepped out into the garden looking at a broken Dakota kneeling on the ground. "My Alpha asked me to speak with you. I must say, what you did deeply hurt her and confused her." Isle's tone was without affection or care, she was stone cold. "I know this may seem hard to admit for me, seeing that Ben is my brother, but I would like to know what happened." Isle paused for a moment. "And I would like to know how you feel about my Alpha. Do not lie either, tell me the truth and nothing but the truth." Isle was no older than seventeen, but the whole cold shoulder thing she had down pat. He face remained cold, he voice showed no emotion, it was hard to see she was related to Ben in any way shape or form.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Yvonne, please come to the house. Bring your healing stuff.

Are you hurt?!

No, not me. Ben, from the other pack.

On my way.

Dakota looked up as a young girl -- Isle, he thought her name was -- stepped outside to speak with him. He listened to her, tears still streaking down his face.

"I love her," he said as soon as she was finished. "I love her. I love her so much, Isle. I've only ever loved my human parents and my pack before. But this, this is a completely different kind of love. I'm not trying to deceive anyone, or worm my way into your pack to bring you down from the inside, or whatever you guys are thinking of me. I love her. All I want is for her to be happy. And if it makes her happy, I'll take my pack and leave the area forever."

A single snowflake landed on his knee. Winter was coming, and fast.

"And, Isle? I am truly sorry about your brother. I never meant for anyone to be hurt. I swear."

Just at that moment, Yvonne arrived, standing behind her Alpha with her healing pack in hand. "I'm here to help Ben," she said to Isle.

(I'll fix colours and gifs in a minute).​

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassie Nightingale
Isle slightly glared at the Alpha in front of her. Without saying a word she led Yvonne to where Ben was. Looking up to the ceiling she felt Cassie awaiting her answer.

He loves you, Cassie, but don't be foolish anymore look what happened to Ben

Cassie nodded as she heard Isle's response to her. Looking up at Jesse she swiped away the tears. "Thank you Jesse, but if you could do me a favor and leave with Dakota, now, that would be appreciated." She stood up from her bed. "I just need some time to think." Cassie offered him a soft smile and walked him to her door. At this moment in time, her emotions were a jumbled mess and she didn't know if she loved him. Yes, she had feelings for him, but with the incident that had just happened she was utterly confused on the topic.

Closing the door behind Jesse, Cassie walked to the balcony window at looked out down to the garden. She saw Dakota, and her heart yearned to go down there and be with him, but her brain said to think this over before she would make a move. Cassie ignored her heart and began to think over what she would do.

tumblr_mpl0pqXXnb1qgbguro2_250.gif

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Of course," said Jesse. He walked outside and stood before Dakota. "She wants us to leave," said Jesse softly. "I think we should."

Dakota nodded. "We have to," he agreed.

More snow came down. A lot of it. The ground was blanketed in it already.

"A snowstorm is coming," said Jesse.

"Yeah, probably," agreed Dakota monotonously. "Come on, we better go."

Inside, Yvonne set her healing implements out in front of her. "Looks like a storm's coming," she said, looking out the window. "What should I do?" she asked Agatha.​

Status
Not open for further replies.