Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
I am open to all types of genre's, my main ones however are Sci-fi Horror and Action. The only RP's I'd rather not due are any threads dealing with any type pf homosexual themes or manga or anime type RP's.
e08a438a0ef805c35cf003e638b4e9ea.jpg

Angston, NY...February 1999

The night was unusually warm for winter in upstate New York. In fact all week, the temperatures got as high 70 degrees. A black Jetta pulls up across the street from the Common Grounds Cafe and a tall Latino man, dressed in ripped jeans, skater sneakers and a denim jacket gets out. Gabriel looks out across the street and over into the cafe and a grin creeps across his face. For the past three years, this was a ritual he hadn't missed once. In fact, none of them did. It was kind of hard to believe that in three years, not one of his friends had ever missed Friday night at C.G.'s, as the locals called the Coffee Shop. A lot of things had happened within those three years, but the one thing that always stayed constant, was nobody ever missed a Friday night. After taking in a breath, Gabriel saunters into the cafe and strolls up to the counter.

"Hey Gabe, your usual?" asks the pretty barista.

"Hey Ali, yea, Vanilla Latte, with a hint of cinnamon, light on the froth. Oh and uh, as a side, how about finally giving me your phone number?" says Gabe with a sly smirk.

Ali smiles sheepishly as she continues to wipe the counter "Gabe, I've told you before, I have a boyfriend." she says sweetly.

"Right, right, I keep forgetting. But I'm telling you, one of these Friday's I'm gonna walk in and your gonna be back on the market."

"It seems the rest of your crew isn't here yet, huh?" asks Ali.

Gabe turns around and notices that the cafe is almost empty except for two or three other people "Yea, I guess everyone's being a little bit of a slacker tonight. But they'll be here, in three years we've never missed a Friday night together."

"Wow, no shit? That's even before I started working here. You guys must be tight." says Ali.

"Yea, we like to think so. But ya know, our crew isn't exactly a closed group. After your shift, your more than welcome to head over, share a cup of Joe with us."

"Thanks, I might take you up on that."

"Absolutely...and afterward we can head over to maybe get a late dinner."

Ali just stops and gives Gabriel a scolding but playful glare.

"Right, right, the boyfriend thing. Shit you can bring him to, we'll see what pops up." says Gabriel with a flirtatious chuckle.

"I'll be right back with your latte." says Ali as she walks off to prepare the beverage.

At that, Gabe grabs one of the corner sofas and waits for the rest of his friends to arrive...

@MarilynFae @Ariel @AshenAngel

Just as Gabe settles into one of the sofas, there's a rattling sound outside as a battered old Schwinn three-speed bicycle gets chained to a lamppost. The bike's almost as old as its rider, who's got violet hair this week and is lugging a large instrument case. She barely remembers to take it off her back before trying to come through the door, and there's a minor Warner Bros moment as she maneouvers it into the cafe.

Disaster averted, the petite woman plonks herself unceremoniously next to Gabe.

"Hey, were you trying to hit on Ali again?" she says. Her voice is high and clear and sweet like the honey in the camomile tea Ali started brewing for her even before she got through the door. "You know what, someday she's gonna say yes and then you're gonna be all what the hell do I do now?"

She calls out to the barista.

"Speaking of which, hey Ali, could you fix me a cheese roll while you're at it? I've been at rehearsals all day and all the assholes ordered for lunch was hot dogs. I mean, they could have got pizza, I can pick the pepperoni off, whatever, but hot dogs, really? SO anyway I am absolutely starving. Hey Gabe, you wanna go get some Chinese after this?"

You see, today sucked. Today was a chocolate croissant kinda day. Today was the day she’d break and get a chocolate croissant. This was the cheat day. Today was THE DAY.

A beat up red pickup pulled up outside of CGs and a brunette in a red hoodie, black tank top, ripped jeans, and red vans hops out. She strides into the shop with her usual poker face and don’t mess with me aura cranked up to 11.

And Gabriel was flirting with the barista, yet again. And Andi was like a drunk homing pigeon going through the door to their super cool kids corner. “Just say the word and I can make him disappear.” She offered Ali with her own wink and dangerous smile. “Iced caramel macchiato, large, please and thanks.”

And like that she went to their corner of shame. And promptly forgot about all her desires for a chocolate croissant.

There was a brief moment of collection before she just sagged into the couch. “Someone do me a favor and end me already. Please. Whoever does it can sell my truck for parts.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris_Reaper
No sooner had Gabe sat down, than Andi walked through the front door. The perky girl with the purple hair, promptly sits next to him carrying a cup of chamomile tea.

"Hey, were you trying to hit on Ali again? "You know what, someday she's gonna say yes and then you're gonna be all what the hell do I do now?"

Gabriel looks at his friend, a black expressionless stare on his face as his eyes glide down to Andi's beverage "Only you would bring pre made tea into a goddamn coffee shop, Smurfette." says Gabe, a grin slowly starting to form on his lips. He remembered when he first met Andi a few years back. Back than her hair was blue and like the smartass he was, he started calling her Smurfette. Nowadays the affectionate nickname didn't really make much sense, but the name stuck. "...and as far as me and Ali are concerned, when we start writing up wedding invitations, your gonna look back on this day and feel like a dumbass."

Ali comes over to where Gabe and Andi are sitting, holding Gabe's latte and Andi's cheese roll "One French Vanilla latte and one cheese roll, oh by the way I love your hair girl."

"Please don't encourage her." says Gabe as he takes a sip of his latte.

Ali smiles "Not to get to personal, but you two do look cute together. Andi's purple hair with Gabe's hazel eyes, just saying makes a nice contrast." she says as she giggles.

Gabe nearly spits up his coffee "Me and Smurfette!" he starts to chuckle "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Ali keeps smiling as she walks back over to the counter, when Tilly comes strolling through the front door. She orders a Macchiato and says something about making Gabe disappear before she sits down next to Gabe and Andi.

“Someone do me a favor and end me already. Please. Whoever does it can sell my truck for parts.”

Gabe takes another sip of his latte "Well I can tell you one thing, you and Smurfette better keep outta my love life or I'll sell you for spare parts." Gabe than glances over to the wall clock and noticed that it was almost 6:30. He than begins to wonder where his brother was. He had started to worry about Miguel as of late, as things just seemed to be off with him.

"Where the hell is Miguel at?" he says, concern rising in his voice.

Reactions: AshenAngel
Soren walked the streets, which were as busy as always. Dressed in a rather... interesting getup consisting of a loose hoodie, baggy PJ pants and some sneakers, a beanie snug on top of her head and a pair of big glasses resting on her nose. She had a backpack with her, filled with only a laptop and a handheld game console. She enjoyed the weather as it was right now as it was normally an excuse to stay in, but it was Friday night, the night she would always meet up with her friends at the same coffee shop. She was close to reaching the shop when she already had it in her sights, only spotting the familiar red pick up truck of one of her friends.

She found herself at the entrance, pushing the door open and stepping inside. She spotted the group at one of the corner sofas and made her way over. Before she sat down she looked over at the barista, Ali, and waved at her, speaking to her with her usual somewhat sardonic tone and her thick Irish accent. "As per usual, a double espresso. Thank you in advance." She sat down on the couch and leaned back, putting her backpack next to her. She spoke to her friends with a strong hint of sarcasm in her voice. "Seems everyone's in an absolutely great mood again." As she said this though, a smile was painted on her face, knowing there was nothing to really ever worry about.

Almost as per usual, Soren reached into her bag taking out her handheld Gameboy Color console. She sunk down onto the couch, almost laying down on it, as she just averted most of her attention to the small screen. However, as anyone who knew her would know, she was still paying attention to everything going on around her, this was just natural for her. This was just something to keep herself busy besides just talking. She even kept the sound off as not to disturb her friends or anyone else around her.

58e0f6737983a057888800ff2479677e.png

Fynley was late. Lately it became a common thing to have trouble getting up in the morning. There was nothing more comfortable than being wrapped up in covers on your bed without a care in the world. It was unfortunate that he had to get up but it was necessary. If he didn’t, he’d miss out on the only social connections he had in the world; his friends.

Many things in life changed but it seemed his friends were the one consistency in his life. They would always be there meeting up at the same spot as always. It was extremely reassuring to have them around.

Fyn was dressed in a navy turtleneck and a pair of black jeans. His black sneakers dragged lightly on the pavement as he made his way to the cafe the group would always meet up in. Turning the corner, the coffee shop came into view just as he remembered it. Gabe’s black jetta sat right across from it as usual. Gabe was often the first to arrive. The day he didn’t see his car out there to greet him would be the day that hell froze over.

Along with the jetta, was also the familiar sight of a red pickup and Andi’s bike, signaling that Andi and Tilly had made it as well. He could already see them teasing him for sleeping in again but hopefully they would let him off this once. With that thought in mind, he made his way inside.

Once inside, Fyn quickly spotted the others in the corner where they usually hung out. “Hey, Ali. Could you please get me an iced americano and a banana nut muffin? Thank you.” He spoke in passing, a bit too shy to make eye contact. It was at awkward times like this that he wished he had Gabe’s confidence. While Gabe was confidently paving his own way through life, Fyn was just awkwardly getting by.

“Hey guys. What’s on the agenda today?” Fyn greeted them as he made his way over, curious as to whether they had anything planned. Taking a seat with the others, he looked around, counting and recounting heads. They were missing someone. Was it possible that he wasn’t the last one to show today? “Is Miguel running late?”

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
Lea burst through the doors of the coffee shop with an accomplished smile on her face and quickly made her way over to the counter, narrowly avoiding crashing into a young couple exiting the building.

"Hey Ali Bali! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! I'll just be having a sweetened black tea for now." Lea did a quick glance-over in the thin mirror behind the counter and adjusted her flowy blouse and jeans, then made sure her hair was lying properly. With a quick sweep of her arm and a wide smile to Ali, she was off to the table, drink in hand.

Upon arriving, she threw her head back with a dramatic sigh and groaned, "Nooo, is it Friday already? You a-holes always take up all the room on my couch," Lea loved to tease the group, but after looking back down at the group, she cracked and a warm smile lit her face. "Get over here and HUG ME BROTHAS! We've seriously got to start meeting up twice a week, one morning is just not cutting it, y'all."

Lea ignored the shocked looks as she welcomed everyone's hugs that came all at once as they jumped to greet her.

"I know, I know. You've been dying without me. Absolutely miserable, left heartbroken and destroyed after your dearest friend moved away to the mountains! Well, no need to fret, I'm baaack! And hopefully for good," She finished with a flourish.

The group sat back down again and began to fill Lea in on the events of the past year that she had been gone for. At a break in the conversation, Lea looked to Fyn, who was sat beside her, and asked, "Hey, where's Miguel? Shouldn't he be here already?"